We're not "ostracizing" Xbox with Destiny DLC -BUNGIE

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

We're not "ostracizing" Xbox with PS4-first Destiny DLC, protests Bungie

"Everything you're going to see in this game will be available to all some day."

-

"Bungie community manager David Dague has put up a spirited defence of Destiny's timed PS-exclusive DLC, assuring viewers of the Angry Joe Show that all the content in question will appear on Xbox One and Xbox 360 at some point, with exact timing to be revealed.

"Well, we're making a game for the Xbox guys," he began, echoing an official site update from April. "Any suggestion that we're ostracizing or alienating the Xbox community - I mean, we are making a game for the Xbox One and the Xbox 360.

"We're immensely proud of our legacy with the Bungie community and the Halo games. We absolutely want them to join us in the world of Destiny. The exclusives we have announced will be available to them on a long enough timeline. I don't know if that timing has been revealed yet, but everything you're going to see in this game will be available to all some day."

-

"Later in the interview, Dague also promised that the main game would satisfy without add-ons - Bungie isn't, he explained, in the business of crippling games for the sake of post-launch content. "I can tell you that all of our sights are set right now on making sure that Destiny the game, the one you'll have access to on September 9th, blows your mind, makes sure that you start to expect more from Bungie games and the shooters that you purchase."

well now, maybe Destiny isnt a ps4 exclusive like cows online like to pretend...whomp whomp.

really though, it was pretty obvious the content would be coming to all eventually. very few developers choose to cut off, or give a bad deal, to a big chunk of revenue like that. its just that Sony made it a point to make it seem like the content was exclusive and staying exclusive. for a company that's suppose to be God's gift to gamers Sony sure does some really shady things to its consumers and gamers in general smh.

either way, its about time Bungie stood up and stopped that nonsense Sony was spewing and let its original fanbase know they werent tossed to the side or forgotten.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

ps4 will have the better version #dealwithit lemmings!

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

The exclusive content seem to be exclusive to PlayStation till Fall 2015 so other systems will get the DLC next year Fall 2015 which is pretty impressive a whole year exclusive unlike xbox which does 1 month exclusive content :P

http://lzygmrs.com/destiny/playstation-exclusive-content-runs-fall-2015/3760/

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Tis gunna be good.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tymeservesfate

@clyde46 said:

Tis gunna be good.

indeed, the game looks fun. i thought it was going to be another mindless FPS after early previews. but after seeing some videos of the alpha the game seems great, well done and pretty in-depth with content.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@clyde46 said:

Tis gunna be good.

indeed, the game looks fun. i thought it was going to be another mindless FPS after early previews. but after seeing some videos of the alpha the game seems great, well done and pretty in-depth with content.

Destiny? Nah, it looks boring as hell. Like a unfunny BL2.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tymeservesfate

@clyde46 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@clyde46 said:

Tis gunna be good.

oh you were talking about me :[ you guys are heartless. i think Destiny looks great myself though. really fun.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

if by "better" you meant "exactly the same" than yes, better

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

lol stop the fanboy crying. This kind of stuff happens all the time in the game industry. Get over it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

So GTA4 dlc wasn't exclusive for a year?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tymeservesfate
@lglz1337 said:

how is the ps4 version any better than the XB1 when they're both at 1080p and they both will get all the content that comes with the game?

whomp whomp

@Bigboi500 said:

lol stop the fanboy crying. This kind of stuff happens all the time in the game industry. Get over it.

fanboy crying? you seem to be the only one leaking some tears in here friend. what, you wanted that content to stay exclusive? you don't like that it's been pointed out that Sony is full of shit yet again lol?

well i guess that would make anyone come in here and DC...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Bigboi500 said:

fanboy crying? you seem to be the only one leaking some tears in here friend. what, you wanted that content to stay exclusive? you don't like that it's been pointed out that Sony is full of shit yet again lol?

well i guess that would make anyone come in here and DC...

DC? You're the one making thread about being butthurt over what evil little devs do. As someone who doesn't pull for one side over the other, I don't care about things like this making fanboys' feathers all ruffled. I just think it's stupid to complain about this stuff. You're not accomplishing anything by playing a victim.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Womp womp nobody's gonna buy this game on Xbone third place anyway.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

The exclusive content seem to be exclusive to PlayStation till Fall 2015 so other systems will get the DLC next year Fall 2015 which is pretty impressive a whole year exclusive unlike xbox which does 1 month exclusive content :P

Shut up, stupid sony pony parrot.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

So Sony is worse than MS. Congrats?

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Funny after all the talk some of the Sony diahards did about some "exclusive content" it turns out it is not so exclusive now. Also I would bet a lot of those Sony diehards complain when Microsoft has timed exclusive content.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@clyde46 said:

Tis gunna be good.

If they replaced Peter Dinklage's awful performance with Tiny Tina I would be soooo in.

gfxpipeline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gfxpipeline
Member since 2014 • 543 Posts

No one is missing anything.

The game is absolute garbage. Mind numbingly dull gameplay. And dreadful graphics and art design.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@tymeservesfate: everyone knows the ps4 version will be better tech wise. If it's not resolution, it's performance in other areas, such as texture quality, framerate, or even AA usage.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@tymeservesfate: everyone knows the ps4 version will be better tech wise. If it's not resolution, it's performance in other areas, such as texture quality, framerate, or even AA usage.

Bla bla bla, Red Dead Redemption sucked massive cock on PS3 yet still people bought it in droves. Even people who had both PS3 and X360.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#21  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

LOL this just proves lems are trully butthurt over the fact Bungie is sidding with Sony. Was it DLC of another game from another developer and they wouldnt give a shit, but since is of a game from their beloved Bungie the ammounts of butthurt are trully a sight to behold. LOL exclusive DLC

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

You should see the lems over on bungies's forums. They are losing their minds.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

DLC lol unless it is the equivalent of a full game

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: "Bla bla bla, Red Dead Redemption sucked massive cock on PS3 yet still people bought it in droves. Even people who had both PS3 and X360."

Almost every multiplat has run better on the ps4.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tymeservesfate: Sorry, Bungie, but from where I sit, you are on your knees for Hirai right now.

They are definitely giving the PS4 preferential treatment. Hell, some of my friends who are casual gamers thought Destiny was a PS4 exclusive.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 StormyJoe

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

LOL! Dude... Really? The PS4 is not that much more powerful than the XB1.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

it's sad Bungie has to keep saying things like this because all the xbox fans keep flooding the site with bitchy complaints like dumb little children. Like REALLY? Bungie didn't betray any of you nor did they abandon or even start with the xbox. They abandoned the PC gamers if anything. And they still get all the content and the entire game.

Ain't like Insomniac who just decided to say **** you to pretty much their entire established fan base and make an exclusive game for another system and then tell everyone constantly they were gonna make their new game for the fans.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

This games pretty much phantasy star online mixed with Halo. It's pretty damn boring. It's less about exploring the planet and finding out what happened and instead visiting your Hub and doing a series of Pre-canned missions in select areas.

Still better than anything 343 could dream up, but it's just so uninspired. Even Peter Dinklage sounds bored to death with his role in this game.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

We will both play at 1080p/30 fps. you guys get DLC for a time, but thats about it. If your superior version has a greener set of trees and 3 extra ships flying overhead, lol. good luck with that:) all in all you're getting the same experience on both systems minus the timed DLC. :)

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Who cares about timed exclusive DLC? Sure there are probably some stpid XBots that feel like Bungie are "theirs" because of Halo....but ultimately Id love to seethe stats of people who actually give a shit vs those who dont.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL

@StormyJoe: "not that much powerful" You can't deny that the PS4 is the more powerful system of the 2. Differences will be shown in the games as they have with recent game releases.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I think all the exclusive DLC for any game is pretty much worthless.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StormyJoe

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@StormyJoe: "not that much powerful" You can't deny that the PS4 is the more powerful system of the 2. Differences will be shown in the games as they have with recent game releases.

I did not deny that the PS4 is the more powerful system. I just stated that the difference is less than what you said it is.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

LOL! Dude... Really? The PS4 is not that much more powerful than the XB1.

I look forward to the Digital Foundry comparisions for Destiny.

Not like it really matters, I pre-ordered the PS4 version back in February. The alpha was great, I can't wait to start the beta. It looks like Bungie has a genuine hit on their hands.

Batt1eRatt1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Batt1eRatt1e
Member since 2014 • 131 Posts

Not getting this game, but it's funny now that Bungie has squashed PS4 fans hopes of the content being exclusive. 1 less talking point for Sony has been exposed. Attack the weak point for massive damage.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TheTruthIsREAL

@StormyJoe: I didn't mean that all those differences will be in the game, but there will be some differences.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

The one month exclusive content is actually significat - Map packs in CoD for example.

Unlike this small piece of worthless content that 99% of cows won't even bother to use.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

XBox fanbase seeing what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot.

Industry seeing how much they enjoy the treatment.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@finalstar2007 said:

The one month exclusive content is actually significat - Map packs in CoD for example.

Unlike this small piece of worthless content that 99% of cows won't even bother to use.

so worthless and insignificant, bungie has had to make several statements to try and calm down all the ass ravaged xbox fanboys who can't stop whining about it.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StormyJoe

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

@StormyJoe: I didn't mean that all those differences will be in the game, but there will be some differences.

Gotcha. I don't necessarily doubt that.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

well now, maybe Destiny isnt a ps4 exclusive like cows online like to pretend...whomp whomp.

It's been a multiplatform game since conception, lol. Maybe you're confusing it with the huge marketing deal they have for it, will no doubt have the best console version and they have year timed exclusive content for it. If you can wait a whole year for the DLC than you've got no qualms, but since it's a whole year I feel it will be long forgotten by then so it might as well be exclusive content. Such an incredible reach by trying to make this out as 'shady sony', dat personal tymeservesfate spin.

Also lol @ Xbone fans all mad and stuff on the 'forumz'. They should be blaming MS for allowing Bungie to buy themselves out!

Love it.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#42 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

PS3 era- MS buying exclusivity deals is evil.

PS4 era- Sony buying exclusivity deals is FANTASTIC!

Hilarious.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

@lglz1337 said:

if by "better" you meant "exactly the same" than yes, better

If by "exactly the same" you meant "inferior on xbone", (resolution/fps), then yes, exactly the same.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 tymeservesfate

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate said:

It's been a multiplatform game since conception, lol. Maybe you're confusing it with the huge marketing deal they have for it, will no doubt have the best console version and they have year timed exclusive content for it. If you can wait a whole year for the DLC than you've got no qualms, but since it's a whole year I feel it will be long forgotten by then so it might as well be exclusive content. Such an incredible reach by trying to make this out as 'shady sony', dat personal tymeservesfate spin.

Also lol @ Xbone fans all mad and stuff on the 'forumz'. They should be blaming MS for allowing Bungie to buy themselves out!

Love it.

forgotten after a year? kind of like that GTA4 dlc was, right? oh wait, cows threw a FN parade once it was announced timed DLC. well isnt this hypocritically ironic. i mean,i must have imagine the many times i've seen cows list Destiny as a reason to buy a ps4 as if it was exclusive too....man, i gotta get back on my meds smh lol.

MS learned to be upfront about timed dlc while Sony is using old tricks that have been sour since 2009. stop lying and trying to mislead people Sony...oh and lower your PSNow prices too because that shii is ridiculous.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Ps4 all the way.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@handssss said:

@RR360DD said:

@finalstar2007 said:

so worthless and insignificant, bungie has had to make several statements to try and calm down all the ass ravaged xbox fanboys who can't stop whining about it.

Fanboys complaining over the internet about something insignificant.

Because thats never happened before...

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@lglz1337 said:

Better because of....???? Bungie has already stated that their aim is have both the PS4 and X1 versions running at 1080p and 30 fps. Better because of timed DLC? Bungie has already said that they don't gimp games for the sake of DLC! The core game will be the same for both the X1 and PS4 on launch day!! So I am not sure where you are going with this! I mean I get it that you are an insecure Sony fanboy who is upset at his choice of gaming consoles and that while you have no exclusive games coming that are worth a damn, you must rely on the resolution argument to make yourself feel good! But man, have some dignity would ya!!!

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@lglz1337 said:

Better because of....???? Bungie has already stated that their aim is have both the PS4 and X1 versions running at 1080p and 30 fps. Better because of timed DLC? Bungie has already said that they don't gimp games for the sake of DLC! The core game will be the same for both the X1 and PS4 on launch day!! So I am not sure where you are going with this! I mean I get it that you are an insecure Sony fanboy who is upset at his choice of gaming consoles and that while you have no exclusive games coming that are worth a damn, you must rely on the resolution argument to make yourself feel good! But man, have some dignity would ya!!!

You certainly sound upset about this.

You might want to wait until the Digital Foundry comparisons come out before you start comparing the Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions of Destiny.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

@lglz1337 said:

You certainly sound upset about this.

You might want to wait until the Digital Foundry comparisons come out before you start comparing the Playstation 4 and Xbox One versions of Destiny.

Digital Foundry huh?? Yeah, the same guys that are making a huge deal about the UC4 TRAILER that ran at a "rock solid" 60fps but in actuality wasn't gameplay. Sure, it was "in engine" running on the PS4, but there was NOTHING GOING ON!!!! No weather, no movement, no gun fights, no puzzles, no NOTHING!!! OMG, the PS4 must be able to run games at 4000p and 120 fps!!! That Digital Foundry???? Yeah, I think I'll stick with what Bungie is saying!! Yeah, they probably know a little bit more about THEIR GAME then some HACK gaming site!!!

Again, I truly feel bad for you Sony fanboys having to always run back to resolution this and resolution that to try and prove your console's worthiness!!! Funny how even if the X1 version of Destiny is 900p and 30 fps, I wont know the difference as I don't own a PS4 and wont be able to tell a difference while I play! You see, I PLAY GAMES, I don't sit and watch to see if a plume of smoke looks better or if the stubble on a characters face is a bit more clear!!!