Watch Dogs truly next gen on PS4

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

PC only for this game imo, I'll wait for a sale though. I would rather buy Wolfenstein right now strangely enough.

Last gen is still holding back the progression of the current gen and that sucks for us early adopters

Yeah it really is. Luckily it seems this fall we'll get the first batch of "true" ( I know) next gen games this fall.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@amazonangry said:

Weird, I've got it running at 55fps at 1080 on my ps4. Thread backfire?

Nice! I guess I should have bought the PS4 you got instead. Congrats on the Super Saiyan PS4!

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

But but but, this is the PS4 the most powerful console in the world, the most poweful console in the history of gaming. Only the PS4 is powerful enough to run Watch Dogs at 900p 24fps............................................................LOL.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts
@ProjectPat187 said:

But but but, this is the PS4 the most powerful console in the world, the most poweful console in the history of gaming. Only the PS4 is powerful enough to run Watch Dogs at 900p 24fps............................................................LOL.

lol it is the most powerful console in the world, and history of gaming(until next gen). More than likely runs better than the xbone version at higher resolution. Just saiyan...... lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68: yes i did! prepare to be hacked sucker! you wont catch me!

haha, I'll have my copy today! How does the MP work?

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#59 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

I'm just wishing the multiplayer be long-lasting , can some one compare the Multiplayer of this game to GTA Online? haven't tried out GTA Online ...

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By LadyBlue

@mjorh said:

I'm just wishing the multiplayer be long-lasting , can some one compare the Multiplayer of this game to GTA Online? haven't tried out GTA Online ...

I remember someone mentioning it was like demon souls/dark souls where players could invade your world. It didn't sound like a gta online mp.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Looks great if you ask me on YOUTUBE compressed video. Solid FPS in most of the video.

Did you expect more out of a Jaguar CPU based machine?

I did notice one thing that these developers need to work on. The guy hiding behind the table at 5:30 .

The four leg impenetrable fortress!!

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#63  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14417 Posts

@mjorh said:

It sounds nothing like GTA Online.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LadyBlue

lol at the guy taking cover behind that table.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ProjectPat187

@ladyblue said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

lol it is the most powerful console in the world, and history of gaming(until next gen). More than likely runs better than the xbone version at higher resolution. Just saiyan...... lol

But not better than the PC version LOL..........................just saying LOL.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@ladyblue said:

I remember someone mentioning it was like demon souls/dark souls where players could invade your world. It didn't sound like a gta online mp.

Yeah actually it's been mentioned in every review that i've watched so far , GTA Online is more about hijacking and bank robbery and stuff i think ....more action-based or action-oriented ...

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

Looks the same or maybe even a bit worse to me than GTA V looked on PS3. I still don't see any reason to jump to next gen at this point. Maybe things will improve in time. Watch Dogs looks fun though.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

oh man it is sweet. you will just be playing along and you'll get a message that you are being hacked....you then have to try and find that hacker (who is another real player) within a set radius, you look for suspicious behaviour etc. all the while he is installing a back door on your phone which takes a few minutes. if you profile him with your phone, he is revealed.....he can run or drive away and you can give chase and kill him if you can.

You can also invade others in the same way...yesterday i hacked someone, i jumped into a Satellite TV van and sat in a random traffic jam.....the guy was running all over the place trying to find me. The city is massive and there are loads of places to hide..

There are also missions where you hack into others games and simply observe them for a few minutes without getting spotted. Online races and there are several other modes which i haven't tried yet. most of it is pretty seamless with the main game....you always see yourself as Aiden Pearce...but to the other players you look like a random person.

torn between this and wolfenstein for tonight

That sounds pretty sick.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@ladyblue said:

lol at the guy taking cover behind that table.

When all else fails hide behind nothing!!

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LadyBlue

lel did anyone say it wouldn't run better on pc? You sound like you've holding this in for a long time. Let it all out lol.

@ProjectPat187 said:

@ladyblue said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

But not better than the PC version LOL..........................just saying LOL.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ProjectPat187

@ladyblue said:

lel did anyone say it wouldn't run better on pc? You sound like you've holding this in for a long time. Let it all out lol.

@ProjectPat187 said:

@ladyblue said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

Oh you mean the same way you quickly came to damage control the PS4? Sounds like you were the one that couldnt hold anything in HAHAHAHA LOL.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By LadyBlue

@ProjectPat187 said:

@ladyblue said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

@ladyblue said:

@ProjectPat187 said:

Oh you mean the same way you quickly came to damage control the PS4? Sounds like you were the one that couldnt hold anything in HAHAHAHA LOL.

lol keep at it.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Heil68

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

oh man it is sweet. you will just be playing along and you'll get a message that you are being hacked....you then have to try and find that hacker (who is another real player) within a set radius, you look for suspicious behaviour etc. all the while he is installing a back door on your phone which takes a few minutes. if you profile him with your phone, he is revealed.....he can run or drive away and you can give chase and kill him if you can.

You can also invade others in the same way...yesterday i hacked someone, i jumped into a Satellite TV van and sat in a random traffic jam.....the guy was running all over the place trying to find me. The city is massive and there are loads of places to hide..

There are also missions where you hack into others games and simply observe them for a few minutes without getting spotted. Online races and there are several other modes which i haven't tried yet. most of it is pretty seamless with the main game....you always see yourself as Aiden Pearce...but to the other players you look like a random person.

So in other words, I'm going to get hacked a lot and get pissed off :P I suppose you cant turn that off?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#78  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14417 Posts

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

@Heil68 said:

@sts106mat said:

So in other words, I'm going to get hacked a lot and get pissed off :P I suppose you cant turn that off?

You can, but you lose online stats from what I've heard.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Heil68

@sts106mat:

Sounds good. Hopefully one of these days we can hook up for some gaming!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

No AF? Are these devs dumb or something? Not including AF in 2014....... wtf

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

What does the Wii-U version run at?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@HaloinventedFPS said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOHH3IJHfCM

900p, can't hold a steady 30fps, drops to 24fps a lot, high settings (not Ultra) no HBAO+, no AF, texture pop in & screen tearing

Bit of a step down from 1080p/60fps Sony promised eh? Greatness is still waiting, maybe another 6 months

The Cows aren't going to like this. Expect a lot of Damage Control and trying to compare it with the XB1 version. Neither version is truly next-gen. TCHBO again!!!

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#84  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Watchdogs isn't next gen on any system, including pc. lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

I'm playing it currently. Framerate seems locked to me and no screen tearing. At least so far there hasn't anyway.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Do you people even know what Next-Gen even means ?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By LadyBlue

@Lulu_Lulu said:

Graphics?

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@HaloinventedFPS:

That's the weak station 4 for ya OP,i still laugh to all that people saying its graphics are better or match PC ones LOL.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#91  Edited By Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

It looks like a PS3 game :?

Ubisoft really shit the bed this time.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Lulu_Lulu

@LadyBlue

It means nothing.... It doesn't mean a damn thing. Its just a word they say to sell stuff.

Ofcourse people who place value on such things want it to mean something..... self deception.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Waiting for my PS4 copy to be delivered :)

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

The game looks like shit no matter what platform it's on

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By LadyBlue

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@LadyBlue

It means nothing.... It doesn't mean a damn thing. Its just a word they say to sell stuff.

Ofcourse people who place value on such things want it to mean something..... self deception.

To me it means renewed interest in gaming.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Infamous SS looks better than Watch Dogs graphically and runs in native 1080p with a pretty solid framerate, so I'm not worried.

Watch Dogs just isn't a very good looking game regardless of platform. Even the PC version maxed out isn't impressive.

A next-gen port of GTA V would destroy Watch Dogs graphically. You can bet Rockstar will add new graphical upgrades besides just better resolution.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#97  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@MikeMoose said:

Why rip on the PS4 version when it runs much better than the Xbox one version?

That's why, it runs better than the Xbox One version and looks just like the PC version. He also thinks "Halo invented FPS".

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@amazonangry said:

Weird, I've got it running at 55fps at 1080 on my ps4. Thread backfire?

Did you seriously just say that? Why would you say that? Did you seriously think ANYONE would believe that, let alone not laugh at you? Might as well quite SW right now. How could you think it was a good idea to say that? You're worse that XboxDone. At least he wouldn't make something up like that

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

@Evo_nine said:

play watchdogs in a way that only the ps4 can provide.....

900p/24fps

TCHBO

Which is still better than the Xbox one version

MikeMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 MikeMoose
Member since 2005 • 3079 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

Lol so much hypocrisy in this thread with the 900p and yet xbone didn't even achieve that guess system wars hasn't changed since I've been gone :p

Lmao exactly. It's like when people talk crap about a sports team that is better than their favorite team. Makes them look stupid.