Watch Dogs gimped on purpose ? Sony at war against PC ?

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Well... whenever a company makes something ridiculous and people buy into it, I say blame consumers for accepting it.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop: There has yet to be a gen when console exclusives didn't when the Majority of awards for best visuals.

does an award make a good visually better and cause us to forget how to use our eyeballs?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#53  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Oh god, you just reminded me why I despise hermits and that other hermit in the closet called Cynical Brit. That must be one of the most stupid shit I've ever heard. No wonder PC fanboys and their insecurity are the laughing stock of gaming

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 lawlessx

@Vatusus said:

Oh god, you just reminded me why I despise hermits and that other hermit in the closet called Cynical Brit. That must be one of the most stupid shit I've ever heard. No wonder PC fanboys and their insecurity are the laughing stock of gaming

no i think the laughing stock of gaming award goes to sony fanboys. You should try watching the video in the OP to get a better understanding of whats going on.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

no i think the laughing stock of gaming award goes to sony fanboys. You should try watching the video in the OP to get a better understanding of whats going on.

I've watched it. Its just a moronic conspiracy theorist nut job video. Some setting options werent used. So fvckin what? Do you honestly believe Sony would pay Ubisoft to hide those setting from PC gamers? What if Ubisoft wanted to improve the game in an initial fase but just didnt bother with it in order for the game to be released early? After all, we all know WD was rushed onto the market. Why is Sony's fault exactly? Cynical Brit is and will always be an idiot.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lawlessx

@Vatusus said:

@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

I've watched it. Its just a moronic conspiracy theorist nut job video. Some setting options werent used. So fvckin what? Do you honestly believe Sony would pay Ubisoft to hide those setting from PC gamers? What if Ubisoft wanted to improve the game in an initial fase but just didnt bother with it in order for the game to be released early? After all, we all know WD was rushed onto the market. Why is Sony's fault exactly? Cynical Brit is and will always be an idiot.

No i don't believe sony paid ubisoft to do anything and i didn't hear TB say so either. What he said was only a theory and one of afew. should try watching it again and not only targeting the areas that mentions sony.

and just how exactly is a game that was delayed for a half a year rushed out the market?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@deadline-zero0: Lol crysis. It ran like complete Shit for nearly 2 years after it was released. You couldn't even run it at max settings at a playable framerate untill a gtx 285. It's so great to have to wait two years after a game is released for it to be played as advertised.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AM-Gamer

@lawlessx: It cuts through the bullshit. You will never say a console game looks good. And the fact we have hermits arguing for WD over infamous shows how biast and butthurt some Herms really are.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 lawlessx
@AM-Gamer said:

@lawlessx: It cuts through the bullshit. You will never say a console game looks good. And the fact we have hermits arguing for WD over infamous shows how biast and butthurt some Herms really are.

What are you going on about?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@deadline-zero0: Lol crysis. It ran like complete Shit for nearly 2 years after it was released. You couldn't even run it at max settings at a playable framerate untill a gtx 285. It's so great to have to wait two years after a game is released for it to be played as advertised.

That butthurt goalpost moving.

So i guess you admit that no console exclusive as yet to beat either Crysis games.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

you heard what you wanted to hear, not what TB actually said he believed was the case...he only repeated what he saw other gamers saying to share the gaming community's ideas. Instead you probably decided it was a bad video before you even opened it

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

Explain "ran like complete Shit" ?

@Vatusus said:

What insecurity ? Insecurity over 2+ year old hardware ?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@lostrib said:

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

It's not Sony. it's just Ubisoft being Ubisoft.

Yep, and Ubisoft has done this before aswell.

Ubisoft is know for their bullshots, their lies, and their hatred for PC.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

A very embarrassing scandal for Ubisoft.

The Sony angle seems the most realistic. There's absolutely nothing else to be gained by gimping the PC version,

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

The Sony angle seems the most realistic. There's absolutely nothing else to be gained by gimping the PC version,

Hermits are gonna run out of tinfoil today.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By AM-Gamer

@deadline-zero0: NOW? There are several games that meet or beat crysis. Last gen? No I'f you had a high enough end rig then a console wouldn't match it. But most people talking Shit were playing it nowhere near it's best.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By AM-Gamer

@lawlessx: I'm talking about every hermit who bad mouth every game on console simply for the fact it's on console. When you have the entire industry saying a certain game is beautiful it kind of just makes them look like rabid fanboys.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#69 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Not really. After watching the video, and checking various comments, and actually comparing to E3, nope, it still isn't even close, and does cause various issues. It is arguable if they should have left the settings in anyway, but they don't give you the E3 presentation even when on. Better, some places definitely.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 lawlessx

@DerekLoffin said:

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Not really. After watching the video, and checking various comments, and actually comparing to E3, nope, it still isn't even close, and does cause various issues. It is arguable if they should have left the settings in anyway, but they don't give you the E3 presentation even when on. Better, some places definitely.

the mod isn't finished yet.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#71  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

A scandal like this is going to kill off all the goodwill Ubisoft tried to build on PC the last few years.

This is such a bad decision. They should have known better and realised that you can't hide anything from PC modders.

ADD: In fact, this may even blow towards nvidia, since Watch Dogs is supposedly "nvidia-powered".

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

the typical pc clown lulz

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 lawlessx

@m3dude1 said:

feel free to add something meaningful to this thread

@GhoX said:

A scandal like this is going to kill off all the goodwill Ubisoft tried to build on PC the last few years.

This is such a bad decision. They should have known better and realised that you can't hide anything from PC modders.

ADD: In fact, this may even blow towards nvidia, since Watch Dogs is supposedly "nvidia-powered".

i just can't to see the story they come up with explaining the hidden files.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@deadline-zero0: NOW? There are several games that meet or beat crysis. Last gen? No I'f you had a high enough end rig then a console wouldn't match it. But most people talking Shit were playing it nowhere near it's best.

Maybe many couldn't play Crysis, but it was still far above any console games of it's time. Every Crysis was. As for next gen games like Killzone or Uncharted, and i'm not gonna get involved in that debate again, the difference is still far too small to dictate a winner, while Crysis 3 maxed out like better than any console exclusive of last gen. All Crysis games did.

So, when a proper pc games pushes graphics, it'll be 2-3 for consoles to catch up. Again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

More so last generation consoles still having a pretty big influence on the games coming out still like WD , etc across PC, PS3/PS4 , Xbox 360 and the One

A huge user install base still exists for last generation let's not forget that now developers still have that in mind like Bungie with Destiny , etc

Once they start making all these games with modern GPU architectures in mind as the very last as the minimal standard with Compute in mind also, games will start really looking next gen they will slowly start dropping last generation assets . WD on Ps4 in my mind can run the game at better settings as it does now with same FPS it's just Ubisoft not fully being able to exploit modern day GCN architecture when they are making it also for ps3/360

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

Hermies wanna make themselves look weirder and more out of touch than usual? Yes guys, it's a huge corporate conspiracy to punish PeasantClass gamers. Coming up on the next episode of Infowars...

You guys are always being persecuted somehow, why don't you analyze why these companies treat you like the red-headed incest child. Try curbing piracy or game hacks instead of pretending like it doesn't exist. This stuff costs money to police on PC.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

Thread made out of context, cows panicking that their beloved company could be targeted without bothering to watch the video

Cows holding silly grudges against Hermits for doing the excact same thing Cows and Lems have done to each other for years...

Just another day in SW :)

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 m3dude1

@lawlessx said:

@m3dude1 said:

you hermits are so dense you actually believe sony paid ubisoft to downgrade the pc version. nothing meaningful can be added.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lawlessx

@m3dude1 said:

@lawlessx said:

@m3dude1 said:

you hermits are so dense you actually believe sony paid ubisoft to downgrade the pc version. nothing meaningful can be added.

it is a possibility. you're the dense one for thinking something like this is impossible in a multimillion dollar industry.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

The only company at fault here is Ubisoft. They didn't take the time to troubleshoot the issues and implement the features. If the other versions were good enough to ship at at that condition, then they thought the same thing for the PC version.

It was a cost/benefit issue for them. Was the cost/time to upgrade the PC version and troubleshoot it worth the effort? No. The unlocked files were great and made the game look better. They just didn't think it was worth throwing it in and finishing all the effects and then debugging. We are doing that for them.

TLDR: God damn Ubisoft. It was stupid to show off a game with amazing visuals that could run on PC but not take the time to implement/finish it. They should have delayed the PC version and implemented everything or never have bothered to show the 2012 trailer.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Thread backfire

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#83  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

I doubt Sony or MS actually paid Ubisoft to make the PC version not look like the E3 builds. That's just ridiculous, and it assumes sales of the PC version are a threat to sales of the console versions, which has never been the case for a triple A multiplat.

Rather than malice, it just seems to be a case of Ubisoft incompetence. This is the same developer that has had black bars on 16:10 aspect ratio resolutions for every Assassin's Creed game since the first one, traditionally poor optimization and performance for the AC games, poor mouse support, and absurd DRM. My guess is that somewhere along the development route, Ubisoft decided these features weren't worth optimizing and testing any further, and so they moved them down the priority list in favor of getting the PS4/XB1 versions up to par. Of course, you can't just remove those effects from the game, so they were kept in the release version's files. Maybe Ubisoft even intended to release an official patch at a later date that would "unlock" these graphical effects (unlikely).

Whatever the reason, people who bought Watch Dogs were lied to. The release version of the game, no matter the platform, didn't look like what was shown in the E3 2012 demo. Everyone loses, except Ubisoft.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts
@GhoX said:

It's so sloppy that developers do this. If you want something gone, don't leave it in the game 'under the hood'.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By princeofshapeir

@Vatusus said:

@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

You didn't watch it. TotalBiscuit explicitly said he doesn't believe Sony or MS paid Ubisoft to make the PC version look worse than it could have. He reached two possible conclusions: 1) Ubisoft is incompetent, and 2) Ubisoft aims to reach consistency among their platforms and doesn't really prioritize PC.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@mr-powers:

WD is lueages better on PC than consoles.

How does this feel?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 m3dude1

infamous is leagues better than watch dogs on pc.

how does this feel?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

how does it feel

like to wake up in the sun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@wis3boi said:

@Vatusus said:

@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

you heard what you wanted to hear, not what TB actually said he believed was the case...he only repeated what he saw other gamers saying to share the gaming community's ideas. Instead you probably decided it was a bad video before you even opened it

What? Watch at 9 min. He clearly states that Sony paying Ubisoft was a "more likely theory" just because the PS3/4 had exclusive content and Sony is producing the WD movie... thats being a moron of the highest grade. TB may act like he's only "passing information" but its pretty obvious by his tone he actually believes in what he's saying. Notice the sarcasm tone when he says "I'm sure its just a concidence"...

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By princeofshapeir

@Vatusus said:

@wis3boi said:

@Vatusus said:

@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

What? Watch at 9 min. He clearly states that Sony paying Ubisoft was a "more likely theory" just because the PS3/4 had exclusive content and Sony is producing the WD movie... thats being a moron of the highest grade. TB may act like he's only "passing information" but its pretty obvious by his tone he actually believes in what he's saying. Notice the sarcasm tone when he says "I'm sure its just a concidence"...

I thought it was clear he meant that, if you buy into the "Ubisoft was paid to do a downgrade" theory, it was more likely that Sony instead of MS would have paid off Ubisoft. He still says he doesn't think that's what actually happened (and no, I didn't catch any sarcasm in his tone when he was talking about the Sony pictures thing) and the video ends with two conclusions which place blame solely on Ubisoft as being the most likely.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@mr-powers said:

Hermies wanna make themselves look weirder and more out of touch than usual? Yes guys, it's a huge corporate conspiracy to punish PeasantClass gamers. Coming up on the next episode of Infowars...

You guys are always being persecuted somehow, why don't you analyze why these companies treat you like the red-headed incest child. Try curbing piracy or game hacks instead of pretending like it doesn't exist. This stuff costs money to police on PC.

I wonder why the dumbest people are always the loudest.

I don't wonder, I know exactly why Hermies are the dumbest. Waste money building a rig and then can't afford to buy games, only to have the rig's resources sucked up by Windows, and get stepped on by the big devs and publishers. Then having to deal with an entire hacking industry:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/04/30/hacks-an-investigation-into-aimbot-dealers-wallhack-users-and-the-million-dollar-business-of-video-game-cheating/

Peasant Class' biggest exclusive.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#92 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

Would Sony pay them off to do it? I don't know, but Ubisoft is turning into the next EA. Hell, at least EA has a point to their origin, (well, sort of).

I still can't figure out what the hell uPlay is supposed to improve or why the last few AC ports have been really really poorly optimized. Ah well, they won't get my money for AC: 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 or 10 (where you're part of a secret rebellion on a moon base.)

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

its the same 3 or 4 cows now haha.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Jankarcop

@m3dude1:

Why are almost all multiplats much much better on PC?

This thread is about WD a game vastly better on PC.

Try to stay on topic and less being upset over PC having the best gfx for a majority of every gen.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By m3dude1

because you can spend as much as u want to brute force passed the shitty coding. why does infamous on "tablet hardware" look so much better than watchdogs on a titan?

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@D4RKL1NG said:

Not Sony's fault that Ubisoft hates pc gamers

pretty much they didn't bother making a proper port as always, but tc can't understand this.

In b4 ubisoft "is the pírates fault!"

Every single Ubisoft multi has been awful on PC at launch. AC3 I could barely play because they launched without crossfire support. Had to disable a card to get it to run.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@mr-powers: maybe if you played the games, you'd know hackers are the 0.1%.

Oh that's right, no PC.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#99 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Crazy conspiracy theory guy even thinks it unlikely. Our hermits lap it up like gospel.

You guys are an embarrassment to PC gamers.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Jankarcop

@m3dude1:

I'm glad you were able to admit nearly all multiplats every gen are far better on PC.

Truly the king of gaming and gfx.