Was there ever a hyped PS4 game that actually delivered?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#52 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@PAL360: Assassins creed unity is actually really good in my opinion.

Dont know if you have played it or not, but if not, maybe you should?

I held off buying until after christmas, but i am glad that i gave it the chance.

with the patches and stuff, its now a really good game.

Paris is literally filled with NPC's, it has great atmosphere. remember the trailer for the very first assassins creed game, with altair in a crowd? its like that.

they parkour is well done, and they pretty much fixed the annoying tendency of the character to try and climb everything all the time.

The combat system is also redone and fighting is more interesting.

is the game perfect? no, but then no game is.

IGN did a feature on why its worth your time now.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/01/24/why-assassins-creed-unity-deserves-a-second-chance

I didn't play it.

I do believe that most performance issues were patched, and that the game plays great (for fans) now, but i really dislike the gameplay formula of most Ubisoft games. Climb to a high point to unlock all items in the area, pick them all, move to the next one and do the same, over and over.

I really like the imprevisibility of exploration in open world games (the main reason i love Bethesda), but in Ubisoft games all you have to do it look at the mini-map, where you can see all the damn items in the area, and run to pick them all. You will never find something different that a box with some gold and a few items you can't manipulate. Everything is too schematic.

The fact i don't like the exaggerated parkour gameplay and hate abstergo's back story doesn't help either!

On the top of that, i'll try to not support games that doesn't reach my minimum acceptable performance for this generation: Native 1080p at locked/stable 30fps.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Give TC a thread of the day ribbon.

He is right, no game ever landed on the hype target. PSX was a joke and now there is going to be some bullshit called The Sony Initiative??? Probably so they can counter Microsofts killer Win10 event. They will just say "game" and little fanboys like Krillien will come running in here creaming.

So much fail that follows that hype.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44083 Posts

No but the powah, you play the powah & Sales and that's all that matters. :P

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#56  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@PAL360: ok, thats cool if you are not into, i understand.

With unity, they have cut down on the number of high buildings you need to synchronize, there is probably about 10 now in total. (Black flag had way too many).

there are loads of chests and shit, but they aren't really needed.

as for the 900p vs 1080p debate, i would say, stop worrying. It is a beautiful game, the textures, lighting are nice. the attention to detail everyhwere is super impressive. it must have taken a lot of hard work.

dragon age inquisition, i played at 1080p on my PS4, i am playing Unity on my X1 and would say that unity is more attractive to look at.

Alien isolation / ryse probably still top my graphics list. reckon the order 1886 will be top though soon.

No doubt that the game looks great. The atmosphere is impressive and i love massive crowd in games!

As for the 900p vs 1080p debate, of course a game can look great at any resolution, but it's a matter of personal priorities. The main reason i jumped to current gen early was because of image quality. I even bought a new full HD screen :p

It may not be a problem for most, but the difference between Battlefield 4 (900p) and the 1080p games i own is obvious to my eyes. Especially when it comes to open world games with long draw distances.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45129 Posts

such a well thought out post

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Yes. Tons of games. The PS4 is awesome.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

infamous

tlou remastered

its only been a year, calm down

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@mikehockbourns said:

MCC, well the Halo 5 beta was the most fun FPS game I played in a while. And Halo 2 online remastered is better than anything on the ps4 sadly.

You mean to say Halo 2 online > TLOU Remastered? Nah. It's the best online Halo game but as a whole, TLOU is a more robust experience. I'm not even being a fanboy, it's just true lol.

I disagree. Well, agree and disagree. Halo 2 is an old game that could use an update. Many people never played it, while TLOU original version came out not so long ago. However, I'm still on those framerates for local coop. MCC was supposed to sell me on xbox.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

ITT:

"Why don't I like X thing(s)? Discuss."

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#64 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

Infamous, Last of Us Remastered, MLB: The Show, Resogun way over delivered, Diablo III Reaper of Souls delivered for me personally, Shadow of Mordor, I hear Dragon Age: Inquisition delivered, and GTA V.

But I guess you guys only play exclusives for some odd reason. All those games seem to have delivered though whether they are on other platforms or not.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#65 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@mikhail: AA isn't good now?

Lol silly troll.

its so meh.

sunset overdrive surprisingly puts it to shame.

cool opinion ya got there bud

doesnt make it fact though. SS delivered. its a AAE, now cry over your failed thread

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52429 Posts

Like, metagame wise?

There have been games that didn't flop.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@Krelian-co:
Wow, you are a special one. This thread isnt even about the MCC. Its about the fact that sony's first party sucks donkey dick. You had to bring up the one misstep MS made last year, while Sony fumbled at every chance.

Sad sad cows.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#68 speedfreak48t5p  Online
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@daious said:

Only nintendo has delivered this gen.

Bingo. Nintendo doesn't release broken games.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts
@wolverine4262 said:

@Krelian-co: Wow, you are a special one. This thread isnt even about the MCC. Its about the fact that sony's first party sucks donkey dick. You had to bring up the one misstep MS made last year, while Sony fumbled at every chance.

Sad sad cows.

Hipocrisy strikes again, i wasn't even the one that "brought up" mcc until you made some ignorant comment about the last of us, but of course once i replied to your comment you would play the dumb card, lems, lems never change. But hey if you feel like changing the subject, be my guest, we all know sony first party > microsoft's "first party"

@wolverine4262 said: Woohoo! A remaster that cant even maintain 60fps! Cows are living it up.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@Krelian-co: Once again: This thread is about Sonys first party. I mentioned TLOU because cows earlier in the thread claimed it as THE PS4 game that delivered which isnt only sad because its a remaster but also because they couldnt get it to a solid 60fps.

Instead of defending your console, you go on about the other. Its okay, cow. Youll get your games eventually.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

He is right, no game ever landed on the hype target. PSX was a joke and now there is going to be some bullshit called The Sony Initiative??? Probably so they can counter Microsofts killer Win10 event. They will just say "game" and little fanboys like Krillien will come running in here creaming.

@SecretPolice said:

I was actually streaming PSX and was waiting, waiting, and waiting for that monster title they were supposed to announce. I ended up waisting 3 hours of my life for that joke of a conference. They didn't even announce how to get the 20th anniversary ps4 that I wanted badly and they promised to do so. They just said "follow us on twitter!". **** you Sony for that. No monster announcement, no 20th anniversary ps4 announcement, all hype and no delivery.

I started off this gen on sony's side. I bought a ps4, I waited for exclusives, I played sales and power, and then realized it's Sony. A shell of what they once were. 1 month of owning an X1 gave me more fun than 9 months of owning a ps4.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@mikhail said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

A lot of people liked Infamous.

A lot of people like eating cockroaches, that doesn't make them good.

"A lot of people like eating cockroaches" ... what? You must have had a tough childhood.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Was there ever a hyped Xbone game that actually worked?

TLOU is still the best game on either console.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Was there ever a hyped Xbone game that actually worked?

TLOU is still the best game on either console.

Why buy a PS4 at all if the best game is a year old PS3 port?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@MonsieurX: Well I'll agree there was no real reason to own one last year but now with Bloodborne, Arkham Knight, Witcher 3 and other big games coming soon it's about to be worth owning. Plus it isn't like early adopters got screwed over with price cuts like Xbone day one buyers.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

They didn't all flop.... infact only two or three of them flopped bad.... the rest simply didn't live to the hype and that wasn't Sony's fault.... its those pesky cows. ..

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Why the hell is a lem asking this question of PS4 owners?

There hasn't been and isn't shit for xbone this entire year and it has have less games in 2014 to deliver than PS4. So why are lems in here having a circle jerk with bias personal opinions trying to make themselves feel better about the state of xbone by trying to convince themselves PS4 is worse?

Facts:

1. Was there a PS4 game that has delivered on SW hype? YES

2. Was there a PS4 game that has delivered in sales? YES

3. Was there a PS4 game that delivered on personal satisfaction? YES.

Skimming this thread, the only thing it looks like posters (fanboys) are doing here is pulling their opinion out of their ass and using personal opinion to answer the question,; and most seem to have not actually even had experience with the games they are talking about.

This thread can be trumped up to more lem insecurity of their failed console. PS4 has more games, higher averages ratings, and more upcoming and new exclusives than xbone. There is no front where xbox fans can try to down play the PS4 concerning games without exposing how much worse the xbone is in comparison.

2014 xbone and PS4 both had 1 ground up current gen exclusive to deliver on hype of 8.0 or AA...ironically they are essentially the same type of game. There is nothing for lems to point at with when discussing PS4 games since it still had more games and more high scoring games to choose from than xbone and xbone looks even worse this year.

MikeHockbourns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 MikeHockbourns
Member since 2014 • 754 Posts

@kinectthedots said:

There hasn't been and isn't shit for xbone this entire year and it has have less games in 2014 to deliver than PS4. So why are lems in here having a circle jerk with bias personal opinions trying to make themselves feel better about the state of xbone by trying to convince themselves PS4 is worse?

Facts:

Skimming this thread, the only thing it looks like posters (fanboys) are doing here is pulling their opinion out of their ass and using personal opinion to answer the question,; and most seem to have not actually even had experience with the games they are talking about.

This thread can be trumped up to more lem insecurity of their failed console. PS4 has more games, higher averages ratings, and more upcoming and new exclusives than xbone. There is no front where xbox fans can try to down play the PS4 concerning games without exposing how much worse the xbone is in comparison.

2014 xbone and PS4 both had 1 ground up current gen exclusive to deliver on hype of 8.0 or AA...ironically they are essentially the same type of game. There is nothing for lems to point at with when discussing PS4 games since it still had more games and more high scoring games to choose from than xbone and xbone looks even worse this year.

lol u so mad.

xbox has the best games. go type another fucking raged essay.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Yeah, all of them.

Cry harder.

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Probably so they can counter Microsofts killer Win10 event. They will just say "game" and little fanboys like Krillien will come running in here creaming.

That snoozefest? Only good thing people got out of it was the free W10 upgrade announcement. The OS still looks as substandard as W8 was.

I can see how getting excited for games would be alien to the lemmings though.

@mikehockbourns said:

Deluded lemming dogshit as per.

1. Nintendo
Previous year's rank: 4

4. Sony
Previous year's rank: 5

6. Microsoft
Previous year's rank: 6

While Microsoft didn't drop in our rankings, the Xbox/PC publisher can't exactly claim that 2014 was a good year. The company's average Metascore declined by over 3 points, and a mere 30% of its products received positive reviews from critics—the lowest success rate for any of the major publishers. It was also the second straight year that Microsoft failed to achieve a 90 or higher for any of its releases (after doing so in each of the three previous years).

rell84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 rell84
Member since 2013 • 255 Posts

@mikhail: Infamous second son better than any xbox one exclusive talking my opinion not what gamespot said lol

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

@kinectthedots said:

Facts:

lol u so mad.

oh rly? want us to count how many 10s and gotys playstation has earned every gen vs xbox?=

spoiler: is not even a competition xD

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29825 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@mikhail: AA isn't good now?

Lol silly troll.

its so meh.

sunset overdrive surprisingly puts it to shame.

You reek of trying too hard.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#83 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Just because the original post is trash, my response is YES. Every single PS4 exclusive, even Drive Club simply shits all over every other platform's exclusives. Think Back to the Future and Marty dumping a truck load of cow shit all over Biff's car. That's how much PS4 games rock the competition.

*proverbial sigh and face palm at TC*

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Yes quite a few of them actually. Its no surprise that PS4 is current gen 8 console leader.

Robert_Mueller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Robert_Mueller
Member since 2015 • 164 Posts
@mikehockbourns said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but can someone name a hyped PS4 game that DIDN'T flop?

Can you name a hyped PS4 game that has actually been released already?

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@robert_mueller said:
@mikehockbourns said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but can someone name a hyped PS4 game that DIDN'T flop?

Can you name a hyped PS4 game that has actually been released already?

This is what I was thinking. I don't think any PS4 game has ever been hyped AAA on this forum.

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

2011 was last time xbox have AAA average exclusive title. Quite sad. And what can break this record MS hold by end of the year... since MCC could not? Quantam Break? ...LOL

More title will be delay, and MS can go half decade without AAA average exclusive, this is unheard achievement. Not record MS seeks. This is the price of having worst 1st party in gaming, congratulation MS.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@mikehockbourns said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@SecretPolice said:

I was actually streaming PSX and was waiting, waiting, and waiting for that monster title they were supposed to announce. I ended up waisting 3 hours of my life for that joke of a conference. They didn't even announce how to get the 20th anniversary ps4 that I wanted badly and they promised to do so. They just said "follow us on twitter!". **** you Sony for that. No monster announcement, no 20th anniversary ps4 announcement, all hype and no delivery.

I started off this gen on sony's side. I bought a ps4, I waited for exclusives, I played sales and power, and then realized it's Sony. A shell of what they once were. 1 month of owning an X1 gave me more fun than 9 months of owning a ps4.

Well said Mike! Welcome to the ranks of happy gamers!