Was Max Payne 2 one of the worst and most disappointing sequel??

• 62 results
R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46292 Posts
@ghosts4ever said:

When i was Kid. I saw max payne 2 disc at store with boxart that have max and mona was posing and film noire love story written there. i was like what the hell was that? was it really max payne sequel? is max wife back in sequel?? my first impression was it might not be as good as original and they might ruined it.

then i played it and i was right. apart from havok physics which is awesome. everything else was worse than original.

Also Raul passos was better than Mona imo.

The love story between Max and Mona in Max Payne 2 is perfect. I'd say it's better than any movie I've seen.

The story in Max Payne 1 is great too, but Max Payne 2 is a much higher budget game, and it shows.

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

The first 2 games sucked. Max Payne 3 is awesome.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@ajstyles: All three games are great, your gaming opinions are as dumb as Ghost.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#54 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

@vfighter said:

@ajstyles: All three games are great, your gaming opinions are as dumb as Ghost.

Max Payne 1 is 10/10 perfect

Max Payne 2 is 6/10 ok

Max Payne 3 is 9/10 great

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Who cares which is best? We should all be bitching that these kinda games are not made anymore.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#56 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24922 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:

Who cares which is best? We should all be bitching that these kinda games are not made anymore.

thanks to RPG elements and open world. are the reason these games not being made.

but my friend, remember I didnot liked MP3 at first but when i gave it second chance. i started to love it. because you praise it many times so i gave it second chance.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#57 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:

thanks to RPG elements and open world. are the reason these games not being made.

but my friend, remember I didnot liked MP3 at first but when i gave it second chance. i started to love it. because you praise it many times so i gave it second chance.

I wouldn't even blame that to much. I think it has more to do with online and greedy publishers pushing lootboxes and microstractions just look what happen to GTAV single player DLC it's got scrapped because Rockstar where making so much money off of those damn shark cards.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:

I wouldn't even blame that to much. I think it has more to do with online and greedy publishers pushing lootboxes and microstractions just look what happen to GTAV single player DLC it's got scrapped because Rockstar where making so much money off of those damn shark cards.

I mainly blame Gears of War and all those other clumsy over the shoulder cover shooters, followed by the wave of lame pseudo-RPG action games. Pure shooters are deemed too simplistic now. Everything needs menus and skill trees and XP points and puzzles and all this other filth that just dilutes the essence of what these games are supposed to be. I miss simplicity.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#59 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@ezekiel43 said:
@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@ezekiel43 said:

I mainly blame Gears of War and all those other clumsy over the shoulder cover shooters, followed by the wave of lame pseudo-RPG action games. Pure shooters are deemed too simplistic now. Everything needs menus and skill trees and XP points and puzzles and all this other filth that just dilutes the essence of what these games are supposed to be. I miss simplicity.

Good points I miss the simplicity too.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#60  Edited By Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@ghosts4ever: I didn't think it was a bad game, just a bit different, but at least it had the same character and similar aesthetic. Max Payne 3 had some haggard bald guy who didn't even look like max payne. It looked more like walt from breaking bad gained 100lbs and was in a Brazil or something. Hence I never played the 3rd one, it just seemed off from what I seen.

As for the other games. Deus EX IW was a disappointment but it did have a good engine for the time, it was just too small and constrained due to xbox OG hardware focus. Ironically theif3 used the same engine and did great (although again it had to split city into hub sections. Fear 2 I actually loved. I would love a remaster of those games (as well as dead space). Fear 2 had great atmosphere and different environments compared to the same blandness of the treatment plant/offices of fear 1. Although fear 1 had better physics.

Avatar image for Midnightshade29
Midnightshade29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 301

#61 Midnightshade29
Member since 2008 • 6003 Posts

@Telekill said:

The most disappointing sequel was Tomb Raider Angel of Darkness (PS2). Total glitch fest.

Agreed. I had high hopes for the game but it was horrible. It had worse jumping mechanics then any of the old ps1 games. Horrible game. They could of done a lot with the setting, but it was wasted by bad gameplay, bugs and other issues.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#62 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Anyone gassing up Max Payne 3 over 2 deserves the meanest side eye. Eat less shit pls