Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@adamosmaki said:

So Sony Rashes to get into the VR market with a half as*** attempt every Sony fanboy praise them for their $460 amazing VR price ( headset+camera) but watch them launching an updated camera and better motion controls in a year for an extra $200 or dropping VR support all completely and call it a day

Sony "rushed" yet were the first people working on VR, this headset was already being developed when the oculus rift was still only an idea

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

90 degree FOV? ewwww

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@GoldenElementXL:

"I'm gonna need more negative impressions to sway me."

Here's another negative impression for you: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/sonys-playstation-vr-pretender-not-contender-vr-king-gdc-2016-520456

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
@kalipekona said:

@GoldenElementXL:

"I'm gonna need more negative impressions to sway me."

Here's another negative impression for you: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/sonys-playstation-vr-pretender-not-contender-vr-king-gdc-2016-520456

doesn't sony psvr have headtracking in the headset?

Isn't camera for positional tracking and tracking of the move controllers/dualschock 4

ktseymour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ktseymour
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts

So Sony took a bunch of crap that didn't sell and threw it in another device that wont sell? Is there also a Cell processor in that headset lol
Surely the Vita must fit into this somehow? Maybe it'll be the exclusive calibration device of the PS VR experience ? Sounds like all this thing is missing is a big ass recycle sticker on the headset . Surely this thing is made of the same high quality material that the PS4 controllers are, because as everyone knows, those aren't junk either.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By kalipekona

@putaspongeon:

"Sony "rushed" yet were the first people working on VR, this headset was already being developed when the oculus rift was still only an idea"

Haha, yeah right. If you believe that you're extremely gullible and naive.

Sony, a massive consumer electronics company with decades of experience, is somehow going to get beaten by a quirky start-up--in terms of being first to announce, first to give public demonstrations, first to launch, and offering a higher quality VR product to boot--even though Sony supposedly was working on it well before Oculus? Get real. There's no way in hell Sony was working on VR in earnest before Oculus. That would suggest a degree of ineptitude on Sony's part that frankly is unbelievable, even taking into consideration Sony's somewhat weakened state in recent years.

They might have dabbled with it in the past, just like nearly every other console maker, but they only got serious about it after they saw the attention Oculus was getting.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
Member since 2015 • 745 Posts
@kalipekona said:

@putaspongeon:

"Sony "rushed" yet were the first people working on VR, this headset was already being developed when the oculus rift was still only an idea"

Well the CEO of Oculus Palmer said something along those lines that Sony was working on VR for a long time now. Do you believe him? And the camera and light in the controller should give you a hint that it was planned that the PS4 would have VR.

http://www.ibtimes.com/oculus-vr-founder-defends-rift-price-tag-speaks-kindly-sort-about-sony-playstation-vr-2256011

"I knew some people at Sony working on VR before I even started my Kickstarter campaign, actually, and we brought them in early on to show them what we were working on, to talk about what the minimum standards were for a good VR experience. What does it take to make something that won’t make people uncomfortable and won’t turn people off of virtual reality?

That’s really the most important thing, is to not poison this well for all of us in the future, and I think they understand that. They also understand the importance of content, and they’ve been doing a lot of work making sure there’s a lot of VR games."

Sony, a massive consumer electronics company with decades of experience, is going to get beaten by a quirky start-up, in terms of being first to announce, first to give public demonstrations, first to launch, and offering a higher quality VR product to boot? Get real. There's no way in hell Sony was working on VR in earnest before Oculus. That would suggest a degree of ineptitude on Sony's part that frankly is unbelievable, even taking into consideration Sony's somewhat weakened state in recent years.

As if it matter who first announces and first markets. Sony is the only console manufacturer that has VR. If PSVR were for PC then maybe that would have been an disadvantage but even then Sony is a way way stronger brand than Ocoulus and HTC.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@kalipekona said:

@putaspongeon:

Sony, a massive consumer electronics company with decades of experience, is somehow going to get beaten by a quirky start-up--in terms of being first to announce, first to give public demonstrations, first to launch, and offering a higher quality VR product to boot--even though Sony supposedly was working on it well before Oculus? Get real. There's no way in hell Sony was working on VR in earnest before Oculus. That would suggest a degree of ineptitude on Sony's part that frankly is unbelievable, even taking into consideration Sony's somewhat weakened state in recent years.

They might have dabbled with it in the past, just like nearly every other console maker, but they only got serious about it after they saw the attention Oculus was getting.

He shat on you so I won't bother using the same toilet.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By kalipekona

@putaspongeon:

No, he's as delusional as you are. I'm sure Sony appreciates the dedication. Maybe they'll give you guys an award some day for your years of hard work.

But, no, I'm not convinced. I already said they could have dabbled with it just like Nintendo, Sega and, reportedly, even Microsoft have done. That's not surprising. For them to have supposedly been working on it in a focused and earnest manner, however, and be this far behind Oculus simply doesn't make sense. Again, it either suggests massive ineptitude on Sony's part, or they weren't really as far along as they tried to lead us to believe.

You have to be completely detached from reality if you believe Sony wasn't trying to get their VR device out to market as soon as possible. Do you think they wanted to be upstaged by Oculus? To have their thunder stolen and be the third one out the gate? (And by no small amount of time). The Oculus Rift is the first serious consumer VR device in decades. It is coming out 7 months ahead of PSVR and has been ahead at every major step of the way--from announcement, to public demonstrations, to dev kits, to official name reveal, to price/release date announcement, to actual launch.

Claiming Sony doesn't care because the PC is a different market is absurd, and is particularly rich coming from Sony fanboys like yourselves when all we've heard since the PSVR price announcement is how it's going to crush the Rift and Vive. If they're not in the same market then obviously they're not competing. You can't have it both ways.

In any case, there's no doubt that Sony would have loved to have been first at all those milestones. The fact that they weren't is simply because they couldn't. Either due to ineptitude or due to being too far behind. I personally think it was more the latter.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@thedork_knight said:

Is anyone actually surprised by this? A half hearted attempt at VR just like Sonys half hearted attempt at motion control

Are you talking about the Move or the Eyetoy? Cause eyetoy wasnt half hearted. Sony was actually a pioneer on motion control gaming

SIXaxis and Move were half hearted