Warhammer VS Warcraft

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

13thCrusade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 13thCrusade
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I Prefer Warhammer to Warcraft because: Warhammer is a far bigger universe, it is far Darker and more Adult, and it has something which actually connects its Fantasy and 40k Univer (Daemons, they travel through time and fight in both eras).

Dont get me wrong though, I adore Warcraft and Warcraft 3 is one of my favorite, if not my favorite PC game and WoW is very good too. Still personally I like Warhammer better but Warcraft still rocks.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#52 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
Warcraft, because Warhammer goes a LITTLE too far with their exaggeration of how strong things are.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#53 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
I think this thread is starting to turn.
_rpg_FAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 _rpg_FAN
Member since 2005 • 1418 Posts

warcraft by long shot

just look at scores (talking about computer games)

khornedeadra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 khornedeadra
Member since 2009 • 738 Posts

warhammer is way way WAY better than warcraft.

just one of the races in warhammer has more background and lore than the "hoard" or "alliance" .

i think warhammer games are better(except for warhammer online, ive never played wow but that game has seriously dissapointed me). and the table top warhammer totally ANNIHILATES the table top warcraft.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#56 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
If we're talking about everything then Warhammer wins by a land slide. Games only? Warcraft wins.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 shadow_hosi
Member since 2006 • 9543 Posts
well warcraft is nothing but a blatant ripoff of warhammer seeing as it was going to be a warhammer game at first warhammer wins by a mile lore is 100000000x better empire > human Greenskins > orcs Lizardmen > trolls stumpys > dwarves vampire counts > undead to put it quite simply, warhammer is everything warcraft wishes it could be this also applys to the warhammer 40k vs starcraft argument
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 shadow_hosi

warhammer is way way WAY better than warcraft.

just one of the races in warhammer has more background and lore than the "hoard" or "alliance" .

i think warhammer games are better(except for warhammer online, ive never played wow but that game has seriously dissapointed me). and the table top warhammer totally ANNIHILATES the table top warcraft.

khornedeadra

khorne? you are a fool to follow such a weak god! ungle nurgle will lead us to everlasting glory!

ROT! GLORIOUS ROT!

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#59 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

You do realize that the Warcraft universe is subsequently DERIVED from the warhammer universe?

I would emphasis more, but the parralells speak for themselves.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Dead-Memories

[QUOTE="mceleste11"]

Warcraft is a rip off of warhammer.

Starcraft is a rip off of Warhammer 40k.

Warhammer period is better then craft series..

Riki101

this is sig worthy, this guy is a joke

tHat is 100 percent true actually.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 shadow_hosi

[QUOTE="mceleste11"]

Warcraft is a rip off of warhammer.

Starcraft is a rip off of Warhammer 40k.

Warhammer period is better then craft series..

Riki101

this is sig worthy, this guy is a joke

dibs on the sig

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#63 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts

Does anyone even play warhammer anymore? There was soo much hype, that, lord of the rings and aion so much hype for them being the "WoW Killer". Then when they came out there names just vanished.... Then when WoW leaked there NEXT Expansion... they were wiped off the map...With the exception of Lord of the rings that game is still going...because it has good lore in it. I respect lord of the rings for that.. Easily the 2nd best game. The challenge is can WoW handle the might and force of the new Star Wars MMO? That is the only threat to WoW I see, starwars has good history, characters and the lore is there that rivials or surpasses WoW's... Its one of those things where we gotta see the moment of truth.. Regardless if Starwars fails or not its still gonna be up there regardless.... look at SWG horrible game but has a huge fanbase.. but the question still remains can it take the crown of mmos... I say.. "Maybe".

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 shadow_hosi

Does anyone even play warhammer anymore? There was soo much hype, that, lord of the rings and aion so much hype for them being the "WoW Killer". Then when they came out there names just vanished.... Then when WoW leaked there NEXT Expansion... they were wiped off the map...With the exception of Lord of the rings that game is still going...because it has good lore in it. I respect lord of the rings for that.. Easily the 2nd best game. The challenge is can WoW handle the might and force of the new Star Wars MMO? That is the only threat to WoW I see, starwars has good history, characters and the lore is there that rivials or surpasses WoW's... Its one of those things where we gotta see the moment of truth.. Regardless if Starwars fails or not its still gonna be up there regardless.... look at SWG horrible game but has a huge fanbase.. but the question still remains can it take the crown of mmos... I say.. "Maybe".

Santesyu
i playe warhammer, i have a vampire count army, and for warhammer 40k i have orkz and chaos space marines. i dont use my orkz much anymore sence i figured out that i can have 10 plasma cannons in a 2000 point list with my chaos marines havent really used my counts much, only like 2 games
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 aaronmullan

dibs on the sig

shadow_hosi

Wait, what? What he said was completely true.

shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 shadow_hosi

[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]dibs on the sig

aaronmullan

that mceleste's comment is a joke and its sigworthy/ no, saying its sigworthy and a joke is sigworthy oh the irony
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Dead-Memories
[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]

Lol, yeah dude, he's self-owning himself actually putting that as a sig.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 aaronmullan
[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"][QUOTE="aaronmullan"]

He put it up as a joke on mceleste. It all makes sense now.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Dead-Memories

Santesyu
If we're talking about warhammer the mmo, it is going downhill unfortunately. Having been one of the best MMO experiences i've played, having friends get into it and all, I can say I am very aghast to have not resubbed due to the severe population drop. There are a few veterans in the end-tiers, but when they're gone, the servers will be empty.
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 shadow_hosi

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"][QUOTE="aaronmullan"] Wait, what? What he said was completely true.

aaronmullan

actually its a joke on the guy that said mceleste is a joke because what he sais is true they are both blatant ripoffs of warhammer and there were lawsuits over them both

fuchuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 fuchuzz
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts

Considering WarCraft is a rip off of WarHammer, and Star craft is a rip off of WarHammer 40k, WarHammer is much better. Although, i Hope star craft 2 will be good.

aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 aaronmullan

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"][QUOTE="Dead-Memories"] Lol, yeah dude, he's self-owning himself actually putting that as a sig. shadow_hosi

actually its a joke on the guy that said mceleste is a joke because what he sais is true they are both blatant ripoffs of warhammer and there were lawsuits over them both

My mistake :P
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 shadow_hosi
[QUOTE="shadow_hosi"]

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"] He put it up as a joke on mceleste. It all makes sense now.aaronmullan

My mistake :P

atleast, i have heard tell of lawsuits they are however ripoffs, just look at the units and all taht warhammer invented greenskins, and gave form to the bugs from starship troopers (themz the 'nidz) and how the zerg look remarkably close to the 'nids
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

[QUOTE="Santesyu"]

Dead-Memories

If we're talking about warhammer the mmo, it is going downhill unfortunately. Having been one of the best MMO experiences i've played, having friends get into it and all, I can say I am very aghast to have not resubbed due to the severe population drop. There are a few veterans in the end-tiers, but when they're gone, the servers will be empty.

Who the hell cares about the warhammer MMO? It was crap to begin with, all the way back to the first time it got canned like 10 years ago. People don't play warhammer as an MMO, they play it as a table top mini game.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Warhammer is better setting. It's much more realized, fresh, detailed and unique. Has much more developed lore and world details. It's natural as it was developed as PnP RPG and wargame world and a lot more novels (and a lot better ones ) have been published set in WH world than in Warcraft one. Also...Warcraft was heavily inspired by Warhammer, so that's another win for Gamesworkshop crew. Original beats a knock-off 99% of the cases afterrall.

So

World:

Warhammer > Warcraft

Heroes:

Warhammer > Warcraft

Art:

Warhammer > Warcraft

Novels and comicbooks:

Warhammer > Warcraft

tabletop games:

Warhammer > Warcraft

pen and paper roleplaying games

Warhammer > Warcraft

videogames:

Warcraft > Warhammer

Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

This thread has been rezzed the past 2 years :(

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

If we're talking about everything then Warhammer wins by a land slide. Games only? Warcraft wins.aaronmullan
Depends what games :) electronic ones? Sure. But tabletop ones? Nope. Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is far better than Warcraft D20 was, and even the worst games workshop tabletop wargame is still better than Warcraft boardgame (which was good actualy, just not GW good)

toxicmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 toxicmog
Member since 2006 • 6355 Posts

Warhammer :D

Seeing as Warcraft is just a plug from the Warhammer world.

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#79 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts
You guys realize that the Blizzard developers themselves said they took many ideas from Warhammer in creating the craft universes, right.... Anyway, I already posted here and said that I prefer Warcraft :P.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

[QUOTE="aaronmullan"]If we're talking about everything then Warhammer wins by a land slide. Games only? Warcraft wins.AdrianWerner

Depends what games :) electronic ones? Sure. But tabletop ones? Nope. Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay is far better than Warcraft D20 was, and even the worst games workshop tabletop wargame is still better than Warcraft boardgame (which was good actualy, just not GW good)

I didn't even like the WOW boardgame...

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#81 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! Orks iz da best!
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#82 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
How is Age of Reckoning faring these days? Is it still afloat?
shadow_hosi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 shadow_hosi
How is Age of Reckoning faring these days? Is it still afloat?SparkyProtocol
yup its still kickin' i was just playing it last month, i dont have enough free time right now tho :(
khornedeadra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#84 khornedeadra
Member since 2009 • 738 Posts

yeah the server i played warhammer age of reckoning on (dark crag) was pretty active, and they just had this MAJOR patch that i unfotuantly did not get to play ( my sub ran out and i never resubbed).