Warhammer VS Warcraft

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Uncle_Uzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Uncle_Uzi
Member since 2007 • 1371 Posts

In EVERY conceivable way!!!!!!!!!

I'm talking:

Race vs Race

Hero vs Hero

Lore vs Lore

and the ultimate:

IP vs IP (which is overall better)

I for one DEFINATELY feel that Warhammer is far superior in every way. In originality (Warhammer was the first thing to EVER make Orcs green), and also in detail and personality of factions (just read an Army book... you'll know what I mean).

Seriously.... seriously... Warcraft isn't a very deep IP.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
Warhammer absolutely dominates Warcraft but you know people are gonna vote for Warcraft because they've never heard of Warhammer
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
Are we talking about the RTS or the RPG
Uncle_Uzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Uncle_Uzi
Member since 2007 • 1371 Posts

Are we talking about the RTS or the RPGSSCyborg

No I'm talking about the EVERYTHING

Xterminator77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Xterminator77
Member since 2006 • 129 Posts

In EVERY conceivable way!!! (Warhammer was the first thing to EVER make Orcs green),

Uncle_Uzi

What the hell are you talking about? Orcs are mythical creatures conceived hundreds of years ago and made modernly popular by JRR Tolken.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="Uncle_Uzi"]

In EVERY conceivable way!!! (Warhammer was the first thing to EVER make Orcs green),

Xterminator77

What the hell are you talking about? Orcs are mythical creatures conceived hundreds of years ago and made modernly popular by JRR Tolken.

his orcs are black though :|

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
God, I love the orcs in Warhammer. But, as I am a fan of both games, Warcraft is better. Battle.net has so many different options, but online, Warhammer is pretty standard.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Juggernaut140

God, I love the orcs in Warhammer. But, as I am a fan of both games, Warcraft is better. Battle.net has so many different options, but online, Warhammer is pretty standard.Shadow_op

We're not talking about just games ya know

mceleste11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 mceleste11
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

Warcraft is a rip off of warhammer.

Starcraft is a rip off of Warhammer 40k.

Warhammer period is better then craft series..

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts

Warhammer has originality,

Blizzard just does it better,

Warcraft >>>>>>>>>>>> Warhammer

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

TheOwnerOner

I cannot argue with that.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

My preference is towards the Warcraft RTS games. I have absolutely no involvement with either franchise outside of the computer games.
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts

[QUOTE="Shadow_op"]God, I love the orcs in Warhammer. But, as I am a fan of both games, Warcraft is better. Battle.net has so many different options, but online, Warhammer is pretty standard.Juggernaut140

Well, game wise, Warcraft wins. Story and character wise, it's a matter od prefrence.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Warhammer 40k > Starcraft.

Warhammer Fantasy > Warcraft.

Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

Well the Warhammer Orks are way cooler than the Warcraft Orcs. Except Thrall is cooler than Gorgutz.

The Undead are just pure malevolence, the Necrons are pure robotic malevolence..... I gotta go with Undead. Forsaken are cool.

Plus The Imperium of Man kicks the Alliances ass. Guardsmen are wicked cool.

And there is the simple fact that Warhammer has the Tau.

I prefer strongly prefer Warhammer overall.

t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts

Nothing can beat Warhammer lore.

Unfortunately, the only decent Warhammer games I know of are the Dawn of War series, and that one Epic 40K game that came out yeeeaaarrrrsss ago.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

In terms of the games? Warcraft wins. Not to say there hasn't been some awesome Warhammer games.

In terms of the lore, intellectual property, universe and all that? Warhammer. But come on, Warhammer is a setting released by the Games Workshop in the 1980s for their board games, video games and massive franchise.

Warcraft is a series of videos games made much later. It's like comparing Microsoft against Infinity Ward in revenue.

A better comparison would be like, Warhammer vs. D&D or something. In fact Blizzard even offered the Warcraft universe to Games Workshop when they first came up with it, showing the relationship there.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Each has their strengths, you obviously know lore's strength's strength is Warhammer. They are crazy powerful. Games, I enjoy both RTSs, I say Warcraft (based on current version WC3) is slightly bit better than Dawn of War. But, both are awesome, thats one strength that neither cannot gain.
aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts

Well the Warhammer Orks are way cooler than the Warcraft Orcs. Except Thrall is cooler than Gorgutz.

The Undead are just pure malevolence, the Necrons are pure robotic malevolence..... I gotta go with Undead. Forsaken are cool.

Plus The Imperium of Man kicks the Alliances ass. Guardsmen are wicked cool.

And there is the simple fact that Warhammer has the Tau.

I prefer strongly prefer Warhammer overall.

Private_Vegas

I think we're talking about Warhammer Fantasy here, not Warhammer 40k.

bionicle_lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bionicle_lover
Member since 2005 • 4501 Posts
i didnt like warhammer in terms of the actual gameplay. i liked warcraft and starcraft for that. and warcraft and starcraft had tons of mods/ user created content. If you want my opinion warcraft and starcraft are exceptionally better games. as for story, well i didnt take any time to get into the warhammer story since i didnt like it that much so i wont comment on that part.
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]

[QUOTE="Shadow_op"]God, I love the orcs in Warhammer. But, as I am a fan of both games, Warcraft is better. Battle.net has so many different options, but online, Warhammer is pretty standard.Shadow_op

Well, game wise, Warcraft wins. Story and character wise, it's a matter od prefrence.

Well I know that, there hasn't been any good Warhammer games except Dawn of War but that's a W40k game.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts

TheOwnerOner
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Not sure about Warhammer, but Warhammer 40k is an amazing universe.. It boggles the mind why more sci fi games are not based with in this universe.. Instead we get drab ones..
Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Juggernaut140

Not sure about Warhammer, but Warhammer 40k is an amazing universe.. It boggles the mind why more sci fi games are not based with in this universe.. Instead we get drab ones..sSubZerOo

So true, an FPS in the 40K universe would be so sweet, just not one like Firewarrior...

Blackification

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blackification
Member since 2006 • 1275 Posts
Warcraft for me.
Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts

Warhammer is the more interesting and fleshed out IP.

Warcraft is by far the more profitable IP.

I like them both a lot!

(Warcraft was originally pitched as a Warhammer game. It was denied so Blizzard made there own IP. Little known fact).

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts
Warhammer in practically every way. Except for having the most popular RTS, in which case Warcraft does win. So when Warhammer Online hits I'll drop WoW and move on up.
S-lic-K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 S-lic-K
Member since 2006 • 312 Posts

Warhammer has decades of stories written and derives from the board games back in the 80s... It's like comparing a timeless classic car to a brand new sports car. Sure, the new car might be faster and all, but the classic car has so much more to it.

That might be a bad metaphor, but the warhammer story is too big to compare it to the story of a video game franchise. Warcraft has been building up it's story though, up until WoW where the story kind of falls apart.

(video) games: warcraft> warhammer by far...

story: warhammer>warcraft by far...

A few people have already posted it, but Warcraft WAS meant to be a Warhammer game after all...

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
Setting-wise Warhammer is much much better. blizzard's creations aren't anywhere near developed enough to be comparable.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
[QUOTE="Shadow_op"][QUOTE="Juggernaut140"]

[QUOTE="Shadow_op"]God, I love the orcs in Warhammer. But, as I am a fan of both games, Warcraft is better. Battle.net has so many different options, but online, Warhammer is pretty standard.Juggernaut140

Well I know that, there hasn't been any good Warhammer games except Dawn of War but that's a W40k game.

Nah...in 90s there were numerous good games based on Warhammer IPs. Like Dark Omen, Final Liberation, Space Hulk 1-2,Space Crusade and Chaos Gate

astiop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 astiop
Member since 2005 • 3582 Posts

I like 40k more but warhammer fantasy is also good. In terms of games though, warhammer doesn't have much going for it, 40k fortunately does.

I like how gw just went nuts and made a huge universe were a huge FFA takes place between all kinds of ridiculously powerfull races.

RocKtheCasbaH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#32 RocKtheCasbaH
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts

Warcraft at launch was one of the most polished, well rounded MMO's I've played. It had great quests, humour, good classes and Pvp. Most other games have that amount of content 18 months in noyt at retail. If Warhammer learns from WoW and has that amount of polish when it launches then it will sweep Warcraft away.

Why? Several reasons. Firstly people are ready for something new - but they don't want todo the whole rep-grind &teir on teir raiding again.They want a new formula. it's Warhammer's focus on PvP which the genre is crying out for. PvE'ers still get a route through the game too so it pleases everyone. If WoW wasn't so focussed on raiding and reputation I would re-sub but that game will never change.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Guys should read some of the novelizations of the Warhammer 40k's universe. Some of them are spectacular. You can get them at your local Barnes and Nobels and/or Borders.. They usually have my personal favorite types there.. Omnibus which are a compilation of 3 or 4 books of a series all for around $11.. There are some great series out there like Gaunt's Ghost, Ultramarines Omnibus, Soul Drinkers Omnibus, Isenhorn Omnibus, Space Wolves Omnibus etc etc.. They are fantastic and show how ultimately unique the universe of Warhammer 40k is.. Dawn of War shows really imo little to nothing compared to these books.. Now if only more devolpers would realize how much better this universe is compared to the (comparatively) drab ones such as the Halo and supreme commander (etc) universe (or the immensely overused such as Star Wars)for example when it comes to sci fi universes.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
warhammer is the inspiration for a lot of warcraft. also WH has a much longer and detailed history and lore since it started way before either computer games.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

Warhammer in practically every way. Except for having the most popular RTS, in which case Warcraft does win. So when Warhammer Online hits I'll drop WoW and move on up.Ibacai

that's what my whole guild will be doing.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#36 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Having never played Warhammer to a significant ammount, I don't think I'm able to make a comparison between the two. From what I have read about Warhammer it has a bunch of dieties, and some of th em are rather dark. However, I have read the Warcraft lore extensively and I must say its some of the most intriguing lore I've ever read. They reference greek mythology with the Pantheon. (A bunch of titans that formed the worlds). They have the harbingers of death. (Champions of the Pantheon). They have four elemental gods which is a nod to Eastern philosophy. (Ragnaros, Thunderaan, Murmur, and uknown) They have "old gods" that are sorta evil. (Hakkar, C'thun, etc). C'thun is pretty interesting because its a reference to Cthulhu, which is an ancient sea monster that has been used in tons of HP Lovecraft and other video games. I could go on and on here with the Burning Legion, the dark portal, etc. The fact of the matter is that Warcraft's lore is deep......way too deep to go through in one setting.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts

Having never played Warhammer to a significant ammount, I don't think I'm able to make a comparison between the two. From what I have read about Warhammer it has a bunch of dieties, and some of th em are rather dark. However, I have read the Warcraft lore extensively and I must say its some of the most intriguing lore I've ever read. They reference greek mythology with the Pantheon. (A bunch of titans that formed the worlds). They have the harbingers of death. (Champions of the Pantheon). They have four elemental gods which is a nod to Eastern philosophy. (Ragnaros, Thunderaan, Murmur, and uknown) They have "old gods" that are sorta evil. (Hakkar, C'thun, etc). C'thun is pretty interesting because its a reference to Cthulhu, which is an ancient sea monster that has been used in tons of HP Lovecraft and other video games. I could go on and on here with the Burning Legion, the dark portal, etc. The fact of the matter is that Warcraft's lore is deep......way too deep to go through in one setting.Vandalvideo

Im in the same situation, ive read a lot of Warcraft lore and played a lot of Warcraft, but ive never really played Warhammer. The lore is really interesting and it is like you said, very very deep. Ive seen some stuff from the upcoming Warhammer MMO, and while it does look fun, its got to do a lot of stuff different to draw people from WoW to Warhammer.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
I just got done playing some Dark Crusade WH40k actually and think its a hell of a good rts :D
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
[QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"]

SSCyborg

Neither can I. Starcraft really outshines WH40k and the factions in Warcraft just has more personality overall.

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Juggernaut140
[QUOTE="SSCyborg"][QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"]

Gamingcucumber

Neither can I. Starcraft really outshines WH40k and the factions in Warcraft just has more personality overall.

No faction in Starcraft has more personality than the Orks, It's ridiculous to even think that.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
[QUOTE="SSCyborg"][QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"]

Gamingcucumber

No way. You could fit the entire background and personality of each race in stacraft on a sheet of paper. You would need multiple novels to describe each race in 40K.

And of course, without 40k, we would have a totaly different starcraft.

grandlx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 grandlx2
Member since 2004 • 458 Posts

Well.. Warhammer online isn't out yet, so i'll give you a REAL reply, unlike the biased ones here.

World of Warcraft is better. I played it for 3 years. Great game, too addicting that i had to stop to continue with my life.

I want to try a new mmo rpg though.. i cant help it, im addicted thanks to WoW. But i won't go back to WoW. I need something new, and thats where Warhammer comes in to hand. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 100000
Member since 2003 • 549 Posts

Warhammer has a whole table-top universe supporting its games. Warcraft's universe is entirely put together of its RTS games. And as of recently WoW.No one could ever argue that the Warcraft universe is over WH40K. WH40K wins in every way.The question is whether you think the games are better. Personally I think DOW kicks WC3's ass, its a much more recent game with more developed RTS elements in it, and Relic just pwns.

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

[QUOTE="Ibacai"]Warhammer in practically every way. Except for having the most popular RTS, in which case Warcraft does win. So when Warhammer Online hits I'll drop WoW and move on up.Ontain

that's what my whole guild will be doing.

Awesome, going Destruction or Order?
Ultramarine777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Ultramarine777
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
Warhammer 40k all the way. The space marines have so much story and the game just has more depth than all the races of warcraft put together. Warhammer 40k Dawn of war beats warcraft 3 by so much.If only warhammer got the attention it needs then it would be more ppl. I just got tired of WoW and paying 15 a months . Its a waste of money. I prefer the dawn of war series were i jus buy the games and play and no more bills to worry about.
Riki101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Riki101
Member since 2004 • 2339 Posts

Warcraft is a rip off of warhammer.

Starcraft is a rip off of Warhammer 40k.

Warhammer period is better then craft series..

mceleste11

this is sig worthy, this guy is a joke
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I always preferred Warhammer to Warcraft. Warhammer carries a much more grim, dark and brutal universe. And I'm a sucker for those kinds of things.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts

Hey, I remember this thread!

My preference is towards the Warcraft RTS games. I have absolutely no involvement with either franchise outside of the computer games.ThePlothole

Hi me!

So anyways.... why exactly was this bumped?

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

Hey, I remember this thread!

[QUOTE="ThePlothole"]
My preference is towards the Warcraft RTS games. I have absolutely no involvement with either franchise outside of the computer games.ThePlothole

Hi me!

So anyways.... why exactly was this bumped?

Who knows. Both have great games and great universes behind them.

3XRatedlocc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 3XRatedlocc
Member since 2005 • 932 Posts

There is no comparison, really.

Warcraft is like Pokemon when it comes to depth, it's blasphemy to even consider Warcrafts lore on par with Warhammer.

Sentient undead?
Noble Orcs?
Draenei?

The whole universe is like a big clusterf*ck.