Vladimir Putin wants to create his own console and their own gaming industry.

• 116 results
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#51 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

The CCP is infiltrating the West.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2786680/Knowledge_or_know_Lady/

The CCP have already infiltrated the West with TikTok... The next step: live-action dating sims!

The fact that their state propaganda had the GALL to cite the US constitution says A LOT about that one.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#52 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9875 Posts

Won't stop until the birth rate reaches zero 😅

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#53  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19617 Posts
@Sushiglutton said:

Won't stop until the birth rate reaches zero 😅

Birth rates are declining across the Northern hemisphere. It's just more evident in East Asia and Eastern Europe because they have stricter immigration rules, whereas the West compensates with mass immigration. But the labour shortages due to low birth rates have eventually forced a number of East Asian and Eastern European countries (like Russia, Japan and South Korea) to start loosening immigration rules in recent years.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39335 Posts

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: All that matters is REVENUE.

What do you get from said revenue? They ain't buying you a new bike, you know that, right?

Sigh...

Xbox is profitable. It is making Microsoft money. That is all that matters for a company: is a product/division making money (or is an investment on a path of profitability).

If Playstation was the number 1 selling console, but SCE lost revenue for Sony every year, they'd shut it down. Companies don't keep sections alive because someone at the top "thinks it's cool".

XBox makes more money that Nintendo. It's not in 3rd, it's in 2nd place.

If they were profitable, there wouldn't be any talk about exiting gaming as a whole, dabear. Think about it.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8875 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

What do you get from said revenue? They ain't buying you a new bike, you know that, right?

Sigh...

Xbox is profitable. It is making Microsoft money. That is all that matters for a company: is a product/division making money (or is an investment on a path of profitability).

If Playstation was the number 1 selling console, but SCE lost revenue for Sony every year, they'd shut it down. Companies don't keep sections alive because someone at the top "thinks it's cool".

If they were profitable, there wouldn't be any talk about exiting gaming as a whole, dabear. Think about it.

Microsoft is a publicly traded company. You can't tell the press a division is in the black when it's not - that's fraud.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

Sigh...

Microsoft is a publicly traded company. You can't tell the press a division is in the black when it's not - that's fraud.

Is that why they've never told us how much money GP is making? With a normal company, the profit comes from console sales and game sales. With microsoft, this is somehow not important (as you and other lems have stated many times), so we end up with pathetic sale names and know nothing about GP profits. What the **** kind of a publicly traded company is that?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7222 Posts

@hardwenzen: They already told us GamePass is profitable, get off Phils dick bro. It sickening.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen: They already told us GamePass is profitable, get off Phils dick bro. It sickening.

You must have the numbers. I am waiting on them🤡

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Mesome713

@hardwenzen:

" Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer in an interview Windows Central revealed Xbox spends over $1 billion a year on third-party content for Xbox Game Pass andthe service itself is profitable. "We have a service that is financially viable, meaning it makes money, in Game Pass," said Spencer. "

You out here acting like Puff Daddy, give bro some space, get off his dick.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen:

" Microsoft Gaming CEO Phil Spencer in an interview Windows Central revealed Xbox spends over $1 billion a year on third-party content for Xbox Game Pass andthe service itself is profitable. "We have a service that is financially viable, meaning it makes money, in Game Pass," said Spencer. "

Numbers, give it to me. Thank you.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#61  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58417 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jag85 said:

Soviet Russia gave us Tetris, among the greatest games of all time. And it's not like American games aren't full of propaganda either.

Soviet Russia didn't give us Tetris, a guy named Alexey Pajitnov did. let's not do the Russian propaganda machine's work for them, OK?

Alexey Pajitnov was born and raised in Soviet Russia, and he developed Tetris on a Soviet computer (Electronika 60) at the Soviet Academy of Sciences. Denying Soviet Russia gave us Tetris would be like denying Japan gave us Mario, America gave us Call of Duty, Britain gave us GTA or China gave us Genshin Impact. You can't separate these games from their countries of origin.

As for Russian propaganda, let's not pretend the American propaganda machine is any better. Americans calling out Russian propaganda is like a pot calling the kettle black.

Yes but when you phrase it like you did, you make it sound like a product of the state. I feel that is misleading in both directions (either in a "glory to USSR!" sense or "Tetris is a filthy communism thing!")

Country of origin does matter (hell, Europe does this to such an extent you can't call "champagne" champagne unless it comes from a specific region of France, same with Parmesan cheese in Italy, etc) to a degree but it is important to recognize the work of the individuals, teams, and companies responsible.

TLDR: when you say "Soviet Russia gave us Tetris" you basically diminish everything and everyone behind it. Almost no one, I mean no one, would ever say "USA gave us Call of Duty" I mean, c'mon man, we shouldn't do that to Tetris. You can say it's Russian but not "Soviet Russia gave us..."

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@vatususreturns said:

Let me guess what kind of games will be made:

Military shooters full on patriotic russian propaganda: check

Western countries as the enemy: check

Boasted Russia imperialist history: check

Meanwhile the russian youth will be playing these games and wanting to enlist in the army only to be more cannon fodder for his imperialistic goals

Putin knows whats he's doing

I don't know if you're American, but it's just bizarre to hear Americans call out Russia, China etc for propaganda.

Reverse everything you just said using US as the good guys and Middle Eastern, Russia or China as the bad guys and the US is doing this NOW. They've been doing it for decades.

It starts when the kids are young. American's have no idea how bizarre it is to have propaganda drummed into their heads as kids. "pledge of allegiance" IN SCHOOLS. :-O That's not normal. That's weird. The national anthem at every given opportunity...

If you're a citizen, why would you need to "pledge your allegiance"? The only people that should be doing that are the politicians to remind them who they serve. If you criticise anything, you're against the flag, which means you hate the military, or you're a "commie"... This stuff is not normal.

How many "YA MURICA YAAAAA!!!" games and movies are there for example? It's become so normalised. And we're really gonna sit here and criticise Russia because they might want to do the same? It's just hypocrisy on a WHOLE new level.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Mesome713

@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen:

Guess well help y'all out, y'all are use to Sony doing the gameplay and thinking for you.

Phil stated GamePass makes up 15% of total revenue. So 15% of 18m is 2.7 million.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen:

Guess well help y'all out, y'all are use to Sony doing the gameplay and thinking for you.

Phil stated GamePass makes up 15% of total revenue. So 15% of 18m is 2.7 million.

First of all, all this revenue is from Activision🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡Secondly, where does it say how much money G A M E P A S S has made?🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#65 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

@miquella said:

Does it run on potato chips from Siberia?

No that is what the game disc will be made of

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59132 Posts
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yes but when you phrase it like you did, you make it sound like a product of the state. I feel that is misleading in both directions (either in a "glory to USSR!" sense or "Tetris is a filthy communism thing!")

Country of origin does matter (hell, Europe does this to such an extent you can't call "champagne" champagne unless it comes from a specific region of France, same with Parmesan cheese in Italy, etc) to a degree but it is important to recognize the work of the individuals, teams, and companies responsible.

TLDR: when you say "Soviet Russia gave us Tetris" you basically diminish everything and everyone behind it. Almost no one, I mean no one, would ever say "USA gave us Call of Duty" I mean, c'mon man, we shouldn't do that to Tetris. You can say it's Russian but not "Soviet Russia gave us..."

I think the correct idea would be, they done this in spite of USSR.

There's a reason countries are clamoring to join NATO.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7713 Posts

by the time it comes out it might be able to duke it out with the Switch in terms of performance

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Mesome713

@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen:

First of all, all this revenue is from Activision🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡Secondly, where does it say how much money G A M E P A S S has made?🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Gamepass has made a lot. Phil has already stated so. Get of his dick weirdo.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 hardwenzen

@mesome713 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mesome713 said:

@hardwenzen:

Gamepass has made a lot. Phil has already stated so. Get of his dick weirdo.

Describe to me "a lot". When that's done, tell me how they're making money with gamepass, and the reason why they're giving away first party titles to Sony.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jag85

@mrbojangles25: If I was to say "Japan gave us Mario", I don't think any gamer would have a point of contention with that. Sure, it was Nintendo and Shigeru Miyamoto who actually gave us Mario, not the Japanese government. But when people say "Japan gave us Mario", what they mean is that Mario was created in Japan. Same goes for when people say "Soviet Russia gave us Tetris."

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jag85

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:

Meanwhile the russian youth will be playing these games and wanting to enlist in the army only to be more cannon fodder for his imperialistic goals

I don't know if you're American, but it's just bizarre to hear Americans call out Russia, China etc for propaganda.

Reverse everything you just said using US as the good guys and Middle Eastern, Russia or China as the bad guys and the US is doing this NOW. They've been doing it for decades.

It starts when the kids are young. American's have no idea how bizarre it is to have propaganda drummed into their heads as kids. "pledge of allegiance" IN SCHOOLS. :-O That's not normal. That's weird. The national anthem at every given opportunity...

If you're a citizen, why would you need to "pledge your allegiance"? The only people that should be doing that are the politicians to remind them who they serve. If you criticise anything, you're against the flag, which means you hate the military, or you're a "commie"... This stuff is not normal.

How many "YA MURICA YAAAAA!!!" games and movies are there for example? It's become so normalised. And we're really gonna sit here and criticise Russia because they might want to do the same? It's just hypocrisy on a WHOLE new level.

This. It's so bizarre seeing Americans crying about Russian or Chinese propaganda when American media is full of propaganda.

There's nothing wrong with calling out Russian or Chinese propaganda. But at least be consistent and hold those same standards for your own nation. Don't be a hypocrite.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

I for one look forward to giving the Kremlin all my personal information.

Yup!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mrbojangles25

@Jag85 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:

This. It's so bizarre seeing Americans crying about Russian or Chinese propaganda when American media is full of propaganda.

There's nothing wrong with calling out Russian or Chinese propaganda. But at least be consistent and hold those same standards for your own nation. Don't be a hypocrite.

Ya definitely propaganda in the US.

The difference is we sort of submit ourselves willingly to a less obvious form of it (it's basically been "laundered" through special political bodies through corporations where it's then dished out via social media, cable news, etc), whereas in China and Russia and so on it's very obviously state-sponsored.

I'm not sure what's worse tbh. Both are bad. I'd argue our poor education system in the US makes ours a bit more sinister in its own way; you can ignore the obvious stuff, but to willingly tune in the FOX News for hours on end like so many old people do these days is just nuts.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Mesome713

@Jag85 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:

This is not even close to the truth. America has the most free and balanced news system ever known to mankind. Hell, we even let Clowns like Alex Jones and other crazy people have a free voice. China and Russia has some of the most unbalanced free speech. They put people who speak out against Russia propaganda in prison camps. They even just killed a popular person who tried to speak out against Russian government. That shit would never fly in America.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

It's all about power and control. It's the communist way. If they can successfully build and sell a new Russian video game console then they can eventually ban the sales of Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft consoles.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

Sigh...

Is that why they've never told us how much money GP is making? With a normal company, the profit comes from console sales and game sales. With microsoft, this is somehow not important (as you and other lems have stated many times), so we end up with pathetic sale names and know nothing about GP profits. What the **** kind of a publicly traded company is that?

In their FTC court case, it was shown that:
a) Xbox division is profitable
b) Xbox makes more than Nintendo

So, you really have no leg to stand on here...

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 dabear
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jag85 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:

The difference is we sort of submit ourselves willingly to a less obvious form of it (it's basically been "laundered" through special political bodies through corporations where it's then dished out via social media, cable news, etc), whereas in China and Russia and so on it's very obviously state-sponsored.

I'm not sure what's worse tbh. Both are bad. I'd argue our poor education system in the US makes ours a bit more sinister in its own way; you can ignore the obvious stuff, but to willingly tune in the FOX News for hours on end like so many old people do these days is just nuts.

All cable news is slanted. You can't throw FoxNews under the bus and not call out CNN and MS-NBC.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 uninspiredcup  Online

Rocky 4 is better than any Russian propaganda.

America is better as well. Objectively.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46484 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

I assume that is the one where Dolph Lundgren plays a Russian fighter?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

Sigh...

When something is profitable like the PS5 is, we know actual numbers. We don't know anything, which isn't normal.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 uninspiredcup  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

I assume that is the one where Dolph Lundgren plays a Russian fighter?

He kills his friend, Apollo. Who 100% deserved it.

But still, revenge.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@Jag85 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:

This is not even close to the truth. America has the most free and balanced news system ever known to mankind. Hell, we even let Clowns like Alex Jones and other crazy people have a free voice. China and Russia has some of the most unbalanced free speech. They put people who speak out against Russia propaganda in prison camps. They even just killed a popular person who tried to speak out against Russian government. That shit would never fly in America.

Balanced news... I mean it's probably some of the most corporatist news there is. The corporate agenda is pushed because they buy everyone off. Like, you have to look for the progressive message. But the non progressive message is everywhere. For example, they'll actively tell you, you don't want Universal Healthcare. That's the corp agenda for example.

But politically, I suppose. But because most politicians are bought off by corp donors, that's why often the message isn't hugely different, just the degrees of the severity. Like both sides will agree they're broke when it comes to having money for helping the people. But watch it suddenly appear when oil, or the military complex wants it. The rest of the culture wars they argue about is to distract you from the tax cuts for the rich or whatever. The media is knee deep in it. Whenever it's something for the people "how are we gonna pay for it". When it's money for the military or a the near 2B tax cut Trump did, they never ask.

But yeah, equally the culture wars goes back and forth. But they both use the propaganda to their advantage to reset people into the status quo.

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jag85 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@vatususreturns said:

That's an interesting observation you bring up. What's worse, direct propaganda or insidious propaganda.

It's crazy that Fox News is even a thing. It just wouldn't fly like that in the UK. It's just so obviously batshit and inflammatory. They just through accuracy and context out of the window in favour of fear mongering.

I actually feel sorry for people in the US. Because Fox News is insulting peoples intelligence. It's just taking advantage of people.

Right wing propaganda in the UK can be a lot more subtle. Sometimes less so, but not quite the proverbial slap in the face when Fox does it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 uninspiredcup  Online

That part where he comes out and see's how vapidly dazzling America is and is thinking "vot zee fuk us diz shit" is a Citizen Kane moment.

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hardwenzen

We need a name for those who own the system.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup: What's your favourite Segal movie?

Not sure why though, but hardwenzen wouldn't tell me his. Maybe it's because he has a hard time picking a favourite.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 uninspiredcup  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

@uninspiredcup: What's your favourite Segal movie?

Not sure why though, but hardwenzen wouldn't tell me his. Maybe it's because he has a hard time picking a favourite.

Most likely shame.

Out For Justice is one of his few good movies.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup: back when he was still able to fit in a phone booth, nice!

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

When something is profitable like the PS5 is, we know actual numbers. We don't know anything, which isn't normal.

I never said Xbox was as profitable as Sony. But, you dismissed MS as "in 3rd place", and that is simply not true.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16572 Posts

f putin, but I think whatever games russia makes would be better than the remakes and remasters on the remasterstation.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By mrbojangles25
@dabear said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jag85 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

All cable news is slanted. You can't throw FoxNews under the bus and not call out CNN and MS-NBC.

Yes, there is bias in all things, and the responsibility is on viewers to sift through the things said and find the facts for a good chunk of it.

But there is bias; and then there are lies, entertainment, and outright propaganda.

FOX News is, out of the mainstream cable news (FOX, MSNBC, CNN) networks, deserving of being called out.

Bitch all you want about Rachel Maddow being a frothing-at-the-mouth liberal progressive, she isn't half as bad as the slew of clowns FOX News has had on their channel over the years.

So please don't sit there and tell me MSNBC and FOX News are the same. I don't like either but FOX News is batshit insane. I wish they weren't, lord knows we need some more conservative (common-sense conservative, mind you, but conservative) voices out there but FOX News sure isn't it.

I know you're probably just going to chalk this up to me not liking FOX News because I don't like what they say, but that isn't it. I'd like a balanced, conservative-leaning alternative to CNN and MSNBC but FOX News just skews too far to MAGA.

TL;DR: when FOX News becomes a bit more moderate and less MAGA, I'll throw MSNBC under the bus; but there is a long way to go before then.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 dabear

@mrbojangles25: MS-NBC and CNN pushed the Steele Dossier for 4 years, when they knew it was fabricated.

CNN knew that Michael Brown did not have his hands up when he was shot - they pushed that narrative anyway.

MS-NBC had an "analyst" on their network who routinely said the Republicans were colluding to have President Obama assassinated.

You see what you want to see: since CNN and MS-NBC lean to the left, you see them in a favorable light.

All three are far more interested in ratings than telling the truth.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 mrbojangles25

@dabear said:

@mrbojangles25: ...

All three are far more interested in ratings than telling the truth.

This we can agree on.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jag85
@mesome713 said:
@Jag85 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

The US mainstream media is not "free" and certainly not balanced. An oligarchy of billionaires who own the media corporations and lobbying groups dictate what is allowed to be printed or broadcast in the US mainstream press. China and Russia are just more open about it, whereas America is more covert about it.

The "popular" Russian politician you're referring to was a white-supremacist, by the way... American liberals defending a white-supremacist just to "own" the Russians, lol.

FYI, we weren't even taking about the news media. We were talking about video games. America has been pumping out propaganda video games for decades, most famously the Call of Duty series... Yet Americans only have an issue when Russia wants to make its own propaganda video games.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 951 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet: I am not american but you do have a point. America has also been doing it for years, sure. But, at the very least, america has always been a democracy, propaganda or not. Russia, North Korea and China are just autocratic dictatorships and as such their propaganda tend to be more dangerous. Its a type of brainwash that doesnt let you think for yourself. In the west this type of propaganda can still be pointed out and criticized. People can choose if they take it or not, at the very least. They dont have that option in places like Russia, China or NK

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:

I never said Xbox was as profitable as Sony. But, you dismissed MS as "in 3rd place", and that is simply not true.

They are in third place... Activision is what on those graphs, not Microsoft. And because they aren't anywhere near close to recouping the money invested into Activision, those profits you're seeing are 0, because they haven't even recovered. And if you were to remove activision profits, MS is guaranteed to have done way poorer than they did last year, which wasn't hot to begin with.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 dabear

@hardwenzen: Bruh.

Those charts were made DURING THE TRIAL. How dafuq could they include AB, when this was presented during the trial to block the sale?!?!?!!!

Use you head.

The deal just closed, and you expect MS to have "recouped their money" already?

DAFUQ???

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By hardwenzen
@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: Bruh.

Those charts were made DURING THE TRIAL. How dafuq could they include AB, when this was presented during the trial to block the sale?!?!?!!!

Use you head.

The deal just closed, and you expect MS to have "recouped their money" already?

DAFUQ???

No they weren't, sorry. If AB weren't present, MS wouldn't even have half of what Nintendo has. Nobody is buying their systems. Nobody is buying their games. Money doesn't fall from the sky, Dabear.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Mesome713

@Jag85 said:
@mesome713 said:
@Jag85 said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

The US mainstream media is not "free" and certainly not balanced. An oligarchy of billionaires who own the media corporations and lobbying groups dictate what is allowed to be printed or broadcast in the US mainstream press. China and Russia are just more open about it, whereas America is more covert about it.

The "popular" Russian politician you're referring to was a white-supremacist, by the way... American liberals defending a white-supremacist just to "own" the Russians, lol.

FYI, we weren't even taking about the news media. We were talking about video games. America has been pumping out propaganda video games for decades, most famously the Call of Duty series... Yet Americans only have an issue when Russia wants to make its own propaganda video games.

It is free, you can say whatever you want and big government won't do a thing about it. Nor will they kill you for saying it. Plus games you make in America are the most unregulated than anywhere else in the world. Can't say the same for Russia nor China.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Jag85
@mesome713 said:

It is free, you can say whatever you want and big government won't do a thing about it. Nor will they kill you for saying it. Plus games you make in America are the most unregulated than anywhere else in the world. Can't say the same for Russia nor China.

America is a capitalist oligarchy. The US government and US media are controlled by a class of billionaires via corporations and lobbying groups. They decide what US government officials and news channels are allowed to say in public. If politicians or news anchors go against their interests, they will be fired from their jobs and made unemployable. The first amendment protects you from being imprisoned by the government, but it doesn't protect you from losing your livelihood. The first amendment only applies to the government, not the billionaire oligarchs, corporations or lobbying groups. This helps America peddle propaganda on a mass scale.

Back to video games, I haven't seen anything made in Russia or China that comes anywhere close to the level of US propaganda in Call of Duty. If Russia or China decide to make military FPS games with Russian/Chinese propaganda, that would be no different to what Call of Duty does with US propaganda. You can't pick-and-choose what propaganda is acceptable and what isn't. Don't be a hypocrite.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29826 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

There's one good thing that i just thought of. If this does go through, you can be 1000% certain that none of their games will have any woke bullshit that's in the West.

there's a user here that will be all hot and bothered about that I'm sure