Use this thread to thank a video game for how it impacted your life.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pitbulllova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Pitbulllova
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

Hello everyone,

Video games aren't mind-numbing wastes of time. Instead, they are portals to another world, they are expressions of one's own creativity and passion, and they are methods of THERAPY. Throughout my time in University, I dealt with a ton of stressors (exams, "Friends", crappy relationships). As I reflect back however, I had an amazing time in University, I owe this to two games. These games provided me with something to do after class (so I didn't have to rely on others), a reward (If I study for 2 hours, I can play 2 hours of gaming), they provided me with an escape. These were HIGH quality games.

1) Battlefield 4. Man, from my XB1 to my PS4, I have probably 200 hours playing online. I've NEVER played a shooter which had EVERYTHING in it... EVERYTHING. Total absolute teamwork is required to demolish your opponents. So much skill is required, from concepts such as bullet drop, to being able to revive your teammates without being demolished by the other team LOL. Good times. Their vehicles required SKILL and VIGILANCE; sometimes you are a sitting duck as a vehicle driver but guess what? If you had engineers in your squad, you'll survive just fine :D

2) Fallout 4. Do I need to explain any further? The immersiveness, the decisions you make and the consquences they have, the EXPLORATION. Oh man. Spent over 100 Hours on this game and I have no regrets. It got me through some tough times and I ended up happier than ever during the time I was hooked onto this game!!

Thank you Bethesda and DICE.

Any thoughts of my selections? What are yours?

Thank you.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#2 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Blog it, or go to Games Discussion board, or to the System Wars lounge.

This isn't SW related.