Updated: New Destiny Gameplay Trailer and Previews!

  • 118 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for faizan_faizan
#101 Posted by faizan_faizan (7869 posts) -

Misread that as The Division, I need to sleep.

Avatar image for biggest_loser
#102 Posted by biggest_loser (24225 posts) -

Looks better than I thought it would. I might have to see if this on my list. Surely there's going to be a PC version right??

Avatar image for hanman9
#103 Posted by hanman9 (410 posts) -

This looks like an absolute snoozefest. Nice graphics, but another generic shooter with MMO elements. Boring as hell. It'll no doubt get great reviews by defailt since the big media sites will be bought as usual. I have no interest in this whatsoever. I wish developers would give the shooter genre a break..... It badly needs it.

Avatar image for gago-gago
#104 Posted by gago-gago (11652 posts) -

I don't know why but seeing Destiny just gets me excited for the next Halo instead. My bro will most likely get this digitally on the Xbox One so that means I can play it too thanks to game sharing. To me the gameplay is pretty chill and not as exciting or fast paced as Titanfall but so far so good. I'm just hoping for big battles with big bosses.

Avatar image for Spartan070
#105 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

@biggest_loser said:

Looks better than I thought it would. I might have to see if this on my list. Surely there's going to be a PC version right??

Maybe eventually but right now it's only on MS and Sony platforms.

Avatar image for Spartan070
#106 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

@hanman9 said:

This looks like an absolute snoozefest. Nice graphics, but another generic shooter with MMO elements. Boring as hell. It'll no doubt get great reviews by defailt since the big media sites will be bought as usual. I have no interest in this whatsoever. I wish developers would give the shooter genre a break..... It badly needs it.

There is SO much more to this game than just shooting though. Public Events, Fireteam instances, a full city with shops, NPCs and hubs, leveling of players, weapons, armor and skills, mounts/rides, customizable ships, factions, multiples classes and races, etc...

It's certainly not just another shooter.

Avatar image for sailor232
#107 Posted by sailor232 (6493 posts) -

I kept wanting the player to wall run and get up to a higher ledge for more advantages, dam Titanfall, every shooter will be looked upon like this from me.

Avatar image for Spartan070
#108 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

@sailor232 said:

I kept wanting the player to wall run and get up to a higher ledge for more advantages, dam Titanfall, every shooter will be looked upon like this from me.

Each of the classes has a unique vertical element.

The Titans get a double jump.

The Hunters get a "warp" like forward burst mid jump.

The Warlocks get an actual "force-like" hover mid jump.

Avatar image for spitfire-six
#109 Posted by Spitfire-Six (1256 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@hanman9 said:

This looks like an absolute snoozefest. Nice graphics, but another generic shooter with MMO elements. Boring as hell. It'll no doubt get great reviews by defailt since the big media sites will be bought as usual. I have no interest in this whatsoever. I wish developers would give the shooter genre a break..... It badly needs it.

There is SO much more to this game than just shooting though. Public Events, Fireteam instances, a full city with shops, NPCs and hubs, leveling of players, weapons, armor and skills, mounts/rides, customizable ships, factions, multiples classes and races, etc...

It's certainly not just another shooter.

everything you named is from MMO's lol

Avatar image for Spartan070
#110 Posted by Spartan070 (16402 posts) -

@spitfire-six said:

@Spartan070 said:

@hanman9 said:

This looks like an absolute snoozefest. Nice graphics, but another generic shooter with MMO elements. Boring as hell. It'll no doubt get great reviews by defailt since the big media sites will be bought as usual. I have no interest in this whatsoever. I wish developers would give the shooter genre a break..... It badly needs it.

There is SO much more to this game than just shooting though. Public Events, Fireteam instances, a full city with shops, NPCs and hubs, leveling of players, weapons, armor and skills, mounts/rides, customizable ships, factions, multiples classes and races, etc...

It's certainly not just another shooter.

everything you named is from MMO's lol

It's not revolutionizing anything but in the familiar Bungie way, it's harmonizing a ton of awesome ideas in perfect sync.

In the sense that there has never been a game like Destiny, it's completely unique.

Avatar image for sailor232
#111 Edited by sailor232 (6493 posts) -

The world is what interests me, I love sci-fi, just put lore and a great story behind it and its an instant buy.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#112 Posted by lamprey263 (33349 posts) -

like Borderlands but not as shitty

Avatar image for flashn00b
#113 Posted by flashn00b (3429 posts) -

@biggest_loser: They're not being paid to make it for PC.

Avatar image for Vecna
#114 Posted by Vecna (3425 posts) -

Looks like Halo 2.0

Avatar image for DA1M0Z
#115 Posted by DA1M0Z (34 posts) -

Looks good to me!

Don't know what Kotaku was BSing about...

Avatar image for stationplay_4
#116 Posted by stationplay_4 (444 posts) -

it looks like if halo and borderlands had a baby.

Avatar image for R3FURBISHED
#117 Posted by R3FURBISHED (11895 posts) -

@Vecna said:

Looks like Halo 2.0

It's a Bungie game. They make sci-fi shooters, its what they do. Bungie has said they realize where they come from but at the same time are creating a brand new everything with Destiny.

Destiny absolutely has a bit of Halo, a bit of Borderlands, a bit of MMO, a bit of Planetside, but Destiny is Destiny. It's own thing.

Avatar image for lglz1337
#118 Edited by lglz1337 (4799 posts) -

@hanman9: maybe you should take a break ? what do you expect from a shooter exactly ?

what makes your generic shooter not generic ? no guns perhaps ?

take a break!

Avatar image for Evo_nine
#119 Edited by Evo_nine (2174 posts) -

Can someone remind me why i should be excited about this piece of shit?