Until a PS3 game actually looks as good as GeOW, PS3 is losing the graphics war

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]Motorstorm looks better than GeOWBioEffect
you are joking right?

No, I have both games, I've played both on a 46" HDTV; and Motorstorm looks better imo. But GeOW is an overall better game

Avatar image for Chloroformality
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Chloroformality
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
Thats because there was no other next gen console out when the xbox 360 was out 5 months from launch. This is why PDZ got the score it has, because since the xbox 360 was the only next gen console out, it was given slack and rated a 9.0. People dont understand, that the only reason ps3 games are being judged and rated so hard is due to competition that is out already. For example if ps3 was the first to launch and the games that came out for it like RFOM and Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Oblivion, and Cod3 which are all out after 5 months of the ps3 launch, all these games would have scored an AAA just because there was no competition out at the time and because people wouldve been wowed at these games, but since the xbox 360 has been out a year ahead, and has a pretty good library of games and GEOW as the graphical king for its time, it has set the bar high and now everyone judges a ps3 game by does it look better then GEOW or Mass Effect? And this is why games like RFOM or Motorstorm or Virtual Fighter even with the graphics looking great, people will judge it to GEOW and be like, still doesnt come close to GEOW and is why it looks crap to there eyes when in reality, if u play RFOM and Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter on a HDTV, u will see that they are very beautiful games. Anyways I love my xbox 360 and my ps3 but to say the ps3 games dont look that good is just nonesense, and keep in mind, Motorstorm and RFOM dont even use the Unreal Engine 3, and still are beautiful games, taking advantage of the system, which is very impressive for a system dat has only been out for 5 months. Till den game on. :)

squallff8_fan

The PS3 is being judged accordingly because of the boasting that Sony did and the bullcrap trailers we saw at E3. Sony talked crap about how the PS3 would have marginally better graphics, and chuckled at the fact that so many people believed them.

They didn't even come close to what they promised and, now, people find their right to laugh their asses off about it. Consider it unfair, sure, whatever you want, but don't try to defend this crap. They didn't deliver, MS did, and now they're getting what they deserve.

I think all of us half-expected the PS3 to set the "graphical standard" with one of their games (even after five months of life), but they didn't, MS did, and shocking as it may seem, it'll be very hard to get the same "wow" as GeOW did. Certain games may eventually look better than Gears, but chances are the same "wow" won't be there.

Hold Gears of War up against any other game that came out before it, and Gears will still look amazing. Hold Gears against a newer game that looks better and, well, the newer game will just look good. That is all.

Firefly_182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Firefly_182
Member since 2004 • 3613 Posts

It runs UE07... :| The same engine Gears is running on... So PS3 can do Gears graphics.yoshi_64

Yes, because I'm sure a graphics rendering engine comes with a specified texture resolution that you can't change, tells you you have to use certain types of pixel and vertex shaders, and a specific number of them, and it forces you to program it to push a fixed number of polygons.

XBox can run Source, but that doesn't mean XBox Half Life 2 looks as good as PC Half Life 2, and PC Episode 1 looks even better than that.

The same applies to Unreal Engine 3. Just because UT07 runs on PS3, doesn't mean it makes as good use of Unreal Engine 3 as Gears of War does. Highlights made to point out mix ups between UT07 and UE3.

Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Paktahn
Member since 2002 • 2093 Posts

I dislike the grayness in gears of war.. makes the game feel abit drab..Dahaka-UK

Yeah I don't really like the look of Gears of War but I think it's clear the PS3 is not as powerful as Sony lead us to believe. At best it will probably be a little bit more powerful than the 360 and even that doesn't seem to be certain anymore.

squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#55 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

[QUOTE="BioEffect"][QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]Motorstorm looks better than GeOWMass_Effect

you are joking right?

No, I have both games, I've played both on a 46" HDTV; and Motorstorm looks better imo. But GeOW is an overall better game

Totally agree, people dont understand this because they need to take off those fanboy goggles. Motorstorm graphics look real life if u ask me, while playing it on my 42 inch LCD and I just sit there and look at the surroundings of the game and say wow, if this game didnt even scratch the surface with what the ps3 is capable of, u have to be impressed. Yes GEOW was a better game but, in my opinion motorstorm looks better and more realistic.

Mycros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 Mycros
Member since 2005 • 58 Posts

The topic was that until the PS3 shows graphics better than GeOW then its losing.

Fair deal. Im going to ignore whatever kind of people said "Motorstorm" (after laughing) and then point out that despite the obvious "capability" of the PS3 to produce better graphics it has not produced any such thing as of this current moment, in comparison to GeOW.

The original topic was not about capability, but about graphics of the current moment. Deal with the present, not the future in other words. At this current moment, Gears looks better. Personally, despite arguments that Motorstorm looks more realistic, im of the opinion that this is because Gears is based in the post-apocalyptic future, where as Motorstorm is based a more tame setting. Of course its going to look more realistic, its matter of setting there, and the graphics in Gears are better considering this.

Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts

Fair deal. Im going to ignore whatever kind of people said "Motorstorm" (after laughing) and then point out that despite the obvious "capability" of the PS3 to produce better graphics it has not produced any such thing as of this current moment, in comparison to GeOW.

Mycros

Motorstorm does look better than GeOW imo. Play both and you'll most likely agree

PS3OwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PS3OwnsYou
Member since 2005 • 3652 Posts
Lmao people still overhyping GeOWs graphics?   Lmao look at the horrible textures and jaggies.
Avatar image for Chloroformality
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Chloroformality
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
[QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]

[QUOTE="BioEffect"][QUOTE="Mass_Effect"]Motorstorm looks better than GeOWsquallff8_fan

you are joking right?

Totally agree, people dont understand this because they need to take off those fanboy goggles. Motorstorm graphics look real life if u ask me, while playing it on my 42 inch LCD and I just sit there and look at the surroundings of the game and say wow, if this game didnt even scratch the surface with what the ps3 is capable of, u have to be impressed. Yes GEOW was a better game but, in my opinion motorstorm looks better and more realistic.

You guys should look at the bigger picture of things. Motorstorm is mainly dirt. Dirt is what you see and dirt is all the devs really needed to pay heed to. Gears has structures, lots and lots of diverse structures. Not to mention the 2,000,000 poly-mapped characters in it. ....... and since when did Sony fans give two craps about dirt racing games?
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts
[QUOTE="squallff8_fan"]

Thats because there was no other next gen console out when the xbox 360 was out 5 months from launch. This is why PDZ got the score it has, because since the xbox 360 was the only next gen console out, it was given slack and rated  a 9.0. People dont understand, that  the only reason ps3 games are being judged and rated so hard is due to competition that is out already. For example if ps3 was the first to launch and the games that came out for it like RFOM and Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Oblivion, and Cod3 which are all out after 5 months of the ps3 launch, all these games would have scored an AAA just because there was no competition out at the time and because people wouldve been wowed at these games, but since the xbox 360 has been out a year ahead, and has a pretty good library of games and GEOW as the graphical king for its time, it has set the bar high and now everyone judges a ps3 game by does it look better then GEOW or Mass Effect? And this is why games like RFOM or Motorstorm or Virtual Fighter even with the graphics looking great, people will judge it to GEOW and be like, still doesnt come close to GEOW and is why it looks crap to there eyes when in reality, if u play RFOM and Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter on a HDTV, u will see that they are very beautiful games. Anyways I love my xbox 360 and my ps3 but to say the ps3 games dont look that good is just nonesense, and keep in mind, Motorstorm and RFOM dont even use the Unreal Engine 3, and still are beautiful games, taking advantage of the system, which is very impressive for a system dat has only been out for 5 months. Till den game on. :)

LosDaddie

:lol: @ cow DAMAGE CONTROL

PS3 games should have immediately been better than x360 if the PS3 was so superior to the x360. The Xbox displayed its superiority on day one with Halo.

Damage Control? And on day one tell me a game on the xbox 360 that displays superiority? U dont seem to understand that I have both systems and can tell u now, that games that are out for the ps3 even launch titles such as RFOM, look better then games coming out for the xbox 360 now. I have a 42 inch LCD flatscreen and when I play rainbow six vegas, splinter cell, 99 nights, madden 2007, pdz, all these games dont even look that great. I will admit though geow looks great but that is the only game that has wowed me on my xbox 360.

On my ps3 on the other hand, RFOM, Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Cod3, and Oblivion look beautiful on my screen, I dunno or is it just my tv or the hdmi cord I bought for 60 bux, but I have played all these games on my lcd and the ps3 games look alot better then most of my xbox 360 games. For example, anyone who has seen rainbow six vegas, would say it looks pretty good using the unreal engine 3 but im being honest here, RFOM looks alot better then Rainbow Six Vegas and it runs smoother then rainbow six vegas online, but u fanboys wouldnt believe me because u dont own a ps3. All I can say is I own both systems and in my opinion, for a system that has only been out for 5 months, I am more impressed with my ps3 then I am with my xbox 360, but right now the xbox 360 just has more variety of games, but I know ps3 has alot of great games on the way so I will be enjoying both worlds while u fanboys just keep enjoying one machine, and missing out on the great exclusives on the others. Oh and im still waiting for more wii's to ship out so I can buy one to play zelda. Till den game on. :)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
After looking at high quality pics and watching high quality vids (I know, not the same as seeing the game in person), I have to say the game is not as impressive as one would be led to believe. Sure, there are pretty effects and everything, but the game really is not as stunning as quite a few of the new PC titles soon to come out. Now I know that comparing 360 to PC is useless because of PCs one-sided advantage...

From the pics and vids I have seen of Mass Effect, I would say with ease that it is in-fact the 360 title to beat.
Squall_Griver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Squall_Griver
Member since 2006 • 3607 Posts
UNTIL 360 ACTUALLY HAS A GAME WITH AF TEXTURE FILTERING AN EFFECT WHICH A GEFORCE 2 CAN DO WITH LITTLE IF ANY HIT ON PERFORMACE THEN I WILL BE IMPRESSED. AND WHEN 360 RUNS A GAME LIKE GEARS WITH A FRAMERATE THATS AS SOLID AS RESISTANCE ON PS3 THEN ILL REALLY BE IMPRESSED :|mrboo15
wait GeoW has framerate issues?! :lol:
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
I dislike the grayness in gears of war.. makes the game feel abit drab..Dahaka-UK
The game takes place after a nuclear war. The colors go with the story!
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]I dislike the grayness in gears of war.. makes the game feel abit drab..lhughey
The game takes place after a nuclear war. The colors go with the story!

I know, it's called "destroyed beauty" and it's awesome.
lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts
GeOW is WIDELY accepted to be the best looking game on any console.  I dont know what all the arguing is about.  :?
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts

what's going on? afraid of the last multi-plats that are looking better on the ps3...?

but you're right, to be better than the 360, the PS3 must surpass it's maximun (at the moment), it's so obvious you even didn't have to create a whole thread about it.

SambaLele
x.x Isnt oblivion the only one?
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#67 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
[QUOTE="LosDaddie"][QUOTE="squallff8_fan"]

Thats because there was no other next gen console out when the xbox 360 was out 5 months from launch. This is why PDZ got the score it has, because since the xbox 360 was the only next gen console out, it was given slack and rated  a 9.0. People dont understand, that  the only reason ps3 games are being judged and rated so hard is due to competition that is out already. For example if ps3 was the first to launch and the games that came out for it like RFOM and Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Oblivion, and Cod3 which are all out after 5 months of the ps3 launch, all these games would have scored an AAA just because there was no competition out at the time and because people wouldve been wowed at these games, but since the xbox 360 has been out a year ahead, and has a pretty good library of games and GEOW as the graphical king for its time, it has set the bar high and now everyone judges a ps3 game by does it look better then GEOW or Mass Effect? And this is why games like RFOM or Motorstorm or Virtual Fighter even with the graphics looking great, people will judge it to GEOW and be like, still doesnt come close to GEOW and is why it looks crap to there eyes when in reality, if u play RFOM and Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter on a HDTV, u will see that they are very beautiful games. Anyways I love my xbox 360 and my ps3 but to say the ps3 games dont look that good is just nonesense, and keep in mind, Motorstorm and RFOM dont even use the Unreal Engine 3, and still are beautiful games, taking advantage of the system, which is very impressive for a system dat has only been out for 5 months. Till den game on. :)

squallff8_fan

:lol: @ cow DAMAGE CONTROL

PS3 games should have immediately been better than x360 if the PS3 was so superior to the x360. The Xbox displayed its superiority on day one with Halo.

Damage Control? And on day one tell me a game on the xbox 360 that displays superiority? U dont seem to understand that I have both systems and can tell u now, that games that are out for the ps3 even launch titles such as RFOM, look better then games coming out for the xbox 360 now. I have a 42 inch LCD flatscreen and when I play rainbow six vegas, splinter cell, 99 nights, madden 2007, pdz, all these games dont even look that great. I will admit though geow looks great but that is the only game that has wowed me on my xbox 360.

On my ps3 on the other hand, RFOM, Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Cod3, and Oblivion look beautiful on my screen, I dunno or is it just my tv or the hdmi cord I bought for 60 bux, but I have played all these games on my lcd and the ps3 games look alot better then most of my xbox 360 games. For example, anyone who has seen rainbow six vegas, would say it looks pretty good using the unreal engine 3 but im being honest here, RFOM looks alot better then Rainbow Six Vegas and it runs smoother then rainbow six vegas online, but u fanboys wouldnt believe me because u dont own a ps3. All I can say is I own both systems and in my opinion, for a system that has only been out for 5 months, I am more impressed with my ps3 then I am with my xbox 360, but right now the xbox 360 just has more variety of games, but I know ps3 has alot of great games on the way so I will be enjoying both worlds while u fanboys just keep enjoying one machine, and missing out on the great exclusives on the others. Oh and im still waiting for more wii's to ship out so I can buy one to play zelda. Till den game on. :)

That's funny. I too own the PS360 (PSN ID: LosDaddie) and nothing on the PS3 can touch Gears of War. Nothing.

RFoM does look great, but even RS: V looks better. I give you that RFoM online is really fun, but the lack of people using mics is horrible. And you brought up COD3?? :lol:  It's a known fact that COD3 is superior on the x360. VF5 is yawn-fest because of no online. Motorstorm is fun though. I enjoyed the rental.

I own all 3 consoles, and the PS3 is the least impressive of them all. My PS3 gets more use as a blu-ray player than a game machine. The x360 is where the action is at.

ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 ishxan
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
Motorstorm looks good, but it doesn't touch Gears of War.
afdevil24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 afdevil24
Member since 2006 • 1590 Posts

what's going on? afraid of the last multi-plats that are looking better on the ps3...?

but you're right, to be better than the 360, the PS3 must surpass it's maximun (at the moment), it's so obvious you even didn't have to create a whole thread about it.

SambaLele
the last multi-plats that look better on the ps3? you mean oblivion that was released a year later?
Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
Ps3 is inferior in every way except for helping Sony win the much needed HD movie format wars. No thanks Sony your not making me your Pawn
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 LosDaddie
[QUOTE="SambaLele"]

afdevil24

the last multi-plats that look better on the ps3? you mean oblivion that was released a year later?

It's all cows have to hang on.

The x360 owned the PS3 versions for VT3, NBA Street, and Def Jam

geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 geist117
Member since 2006 • 4419 Posts
Funny how all the cows bringing up Motorstorm conviently forget it scored a flopping 7.9 while Gears of War scored a 9.6 & GOTY.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts
Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?
Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Nugtoka
Funny how all the cows bringing up Motorstorm conviently forget it scored a flopping 7.9 while Gears of War scored a 9.6 & GOTY. geist117
the PS3 is flopping like a fish. Its funny how loyal cows are even after Sony basicly spit in there face by force them to spend $200 more just so they can win the format war. $200 more and the games look worse. But Cows still keep crawling back to there pins and waits for sony to fill there throth
Avatar image for GermanShepard06
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 GermanShepard06
Member since 2006 • 3285 Posts

until i see a x360 games that actualy looks like geow with 16 players on screen at once which is still much less than 40 players than in resistance the x360 is still losing the graphics war.

GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 GermanShepard06

Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?flazzle

yes it did but lemms ignore that.

GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GermanShepard06

[QUOTE="geist117"]Funny how all the cows bringing up Motorstorm conviently forget it scored a flopping 7.9 while Gears of War scored a 9.6 & GOTY. Nugtoka
the PS3 is flopping like a fish. Its funny how loyal cows are even after Sony basicly spit in there face by force them to spend $200 more just so they can win the format war. $200 more and the games look worse. But Cows still keep crawling back to there pins and waits for sony to fill there throth

soo how many x360's did ms sell this week in japan? 10 or 11 units?  i would have to say that 12 units would be considered a success.

geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 geist117
Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?flazzle
Coming out a year later it should have. Then again the Elderscroll devs don't put out garbage.
Smackin-Noobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Smackin-Noobs
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
WOOT!
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 flazzle
[QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?geist117
Coming out a year later it should have. Then again the Elderscroll devs don't put out garbage.

Oh. So all PS3 needs is more time to demonstrate it can better graphics and process faster than 360. That does make sense
wehttam16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 wehttam16
Member since 2006 • 130 Posts
[QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?

Yeah, but they had like a whole extra year to perfect it. GOW looks better than Oblivion does on the PS3, and has stable framerates.
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 GermanShepard06

Motorstorm looks good, but it doesn't touch Gears of War.ishxan

soo textures are everything? that is all i see in geow. Everything else like physics, animation, physics, etc are from last-gen.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 LosDaddie

[QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?geist117

Agreed.

Don't tell cows that NBA Street and VT3 had better graphics on the x360.

GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GermanShepard06

[QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?wehttam16
Yeah, but they had like a whole extra year to perfect it. GOW looks better than Oblivion does on the PS3, and has stable framerates.

extra year to perfect it? lol. NO!

ps3 wasnt released at the same time with x360, ur logic fails.

both versions of the game came out exacly 4 months after the consoles were released. They didnt have to perfect anything, they just ported the game over to ps3 and enabled higher AF, textures, fps cuz ps3 has better hardware.

And dont forget that final ps3 dev kits werent out until september of last year.

when you enable 16af and 4xaa in ur pc games you dont perfect the game engine, lol. All you do is force it by hardware.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 flazzle

[QUOTE="wehttam16"][QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?GermanShepard06

extra year to perfect it? lol. NO!

ps3 wasnt released at the same time with x360, ur logic fails.

both versions of the game came out exacly 4 months after the consoles were released. They didnt have to perfect anything, they just ported the game over to ps3 and enabled higher AF, textures, fps cuz ps3 has better hardware.

if they just ported it from 360 that is even more impressive, because usually ports look worse! Im beginning to think that when the PS3 is in good development hands, its a superior system.
Avatar image for CaptainLunchbox
CaptainLunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#86 CaptainLunchbox
Member since 2003 • 777 Posts

[QUOTE="ishxan"]Motorstorm looks good, but it doesn't touch Gears of War.GermanShepard06

soo textures are everything? that is all i see in geow. Everything else like physics, animation, physics, etc are from last-gen.

Haha why'd you list physics twice, and what do physics have to do with how a game looks?
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

[QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"]Gears of War doesnt only look amazing- it plays amazing too-which is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing- end of thread.htijerina10
great game great visual finished it in a day

kinda like GOW1/2

geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 geist117
[QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?flazzle

Oh. So all PS3 needs is more time to demonstrate it can better graphics and process faster than 360. That does make sense

Why play games now when you can wait to play them later? At least thats the cow logic with PS3 vs. 360.
Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Nugtoka

[QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?GermanShepard06

Thats because we are getting a patch that will include all the graphic enhancements the Ps3 got after an extra year of working on the game. don't pretend PS3 hardware has anything to do with it.
GermanShepard06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 GermanShepard06
[QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

[QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?Nugtoka

Thats because we are getting a patch that will include all the graphic enhancements the Ps3 got after an extra year of working on the game. don't pretend PS3 hardware has anything to do with it.

teh magic patch that converts the x360 into ps3 with bluray, short load times, etc ? ummmmmmmmmm, NO!

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 flazzle
[QUOTE="flazzle"][QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?geist117

Why play games now when you can wait to play them later? At least thats the cow logic with PS3 vs. 360.

Well, the reason for the wait was because Sony was late with the dev kits. Now thats no longer the case. What it looks like is when talented developers develop for both 360 and PS3, and the PS3 comes out looking better, PS3 may be superior after all
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#92 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts
Using your logic, the PC is losing the graphics war.
FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#93 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

Using your logic, the PC is losing the graphics war.gingerdivid

Crysis owns anything on PS3

geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 geist117
[QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="flazzle"][QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?flazzle

Well, the reason for the wait was because Sony was late with the dev kits. Now thats no longer the case. What it looks like is when talented developers develop for both 360 and PS3, and the PS3 comes out looking better, PS3 may be superior after all

Only time will tell because it certianly hasn't lived up to anywhere near the hype or the graphics boasted at E3 last year.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 LosDaddie

[QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="flazzle"][QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?flazzle

Why does Virtua Tennis 3 have better graphics on the x360?

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
[QUOTE="Nugtoka"][QUOTE="GermanShepard06"]

[QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?GermanShepard06

teh magic patch that converts the x360 into ps3 with bluray, short load times, etc ? ummmmmmmmmm, NO!

haha well-said.
Happyphilter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Happyphilter
Member since 2004 • 1347 Posts

[QUOTE="flazzle"][QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="flazzle"][QUOTE="geist117"][QUOTE="flazzle"]Didn't the GS PS3 Oblivion review state that it has better graphics, better framerates, and better loading times? That says something doesnt it?LosDaddie

Why does Virtua Tennis 3 have better graphics on the x360?

becasue any multiplat games that devs have had equal time to work on always look better on the 360. cows are all antsy in the pants about oblivion but the fact is they DID have an extra year. they dont have to wait for PS3s release like the rest of us, they have dev kits. and until one of those multiplat games looks better(and i mean alot better) all the hype about PS3s awesome graphics is a flop and another myth people have chosen to believe. remember cows sayin it would be twice as good as the 360? b-b-b-but the doubled teraflops!