Until a PS3 game actually looks as good as GeOW, PS3 is losing the graphics war

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

viper7721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 viper7721
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
Simple as that.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
I guess, but visual graphics aren't everything, physics and resolution are a big part of graphics, too
Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts

I guess, but visual graphics aren't everything, physics and resolution are a big part of graphics, toomunu9

they r still losing anyway 

Avatar image for monsternachoman
monsternachoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 monsternachoman
Member since 2006 • 1264 Posts
I think i've had enough with hearing about this game to tell you the truth.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts

[QUOTE="munu9"]I guess, but visual graphics aren't everything, physics and resolution are a big part of graphics, tooKaosed

No, currently, Motorstorm has arguably the best physics of any game that's out, and GTHD (soon to be GT5) is the best looking 1080p game ever...

viper7721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 viper7721
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
[QUOTE="Kaosed"]

[QUOTE="munu9"]I guess, but visual graphics aren't everything, physics and resolution are a big part of graphics, toomunu9

No, currently, Motorstorm has arguably the best physics of any game that's out, and GTHD (soon to be GT5) is the best looking 1080p game ever...

Motorstorm is complete garbage compared to GeOW. It's not even in the same league.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

what's going on? afraid of the last multi-plats that are looking better on the ps3...?

but you're right, to be better than the 360, the PS3 must surpass it's maximun (at the moment), it's so obvious you even didn't have to create a whole thread about it.

yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
It runs UE07... :| The same engine Gears is running on... So PS3 can do Gears graphics.
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts
[QUOTE="munu9"][QUOTE="Kaosed"]

[QUOTE="munu9"]I guess, but visual graphics aren't everything, physics and resolution are a big part of graphics, tooviper7721

Motorstorm is complete garbage compared to GeOW. It's not even in the same league.

He was talking about physics and lets face it, the physics in GeOW are "garbage."

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

I think i've had enough with hearing about this game to tell you the truth. monsternachoman

X2

Avatar image for Chloroformality
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Chloroformality
Member since 2007 • 435 Posts
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"]It runs UE07... :| The same engine Gears is running on... So PS3 can do Gears graphics.

It's a little more complicated than that. You don't just pop an engine into a console and expect it to run accordingly with the hardware. What we've seen so far is a couple of UT2k7 demos on the PS3, that's it.
iunderstand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 iunderstand
Member since 2006 • 3201 Posts
What about Gundam? That game looks pretty tight.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="Chloroformality"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]It runs UE07... :| The same engine Gears is running on... So PS3 can do Gears graphics.

It's a little more complicated than that. You don't just pop an engine into a console and expect it to run accordingly with the hardware. What we've seen so far is a couple of UT2k7 demos on the PS3, that's it.

You don't expect me to believe though that these demos (which I've seen and show off lots off what I saw in GeoW btw and ran fine) are not doing what they are, right? Demonstrating the technology and hardware in the engine, and it's compatibility with the hardware. I've seen some of the videos, and they look just fine. So when Unreal comes to PS3 and runs fine, it's just proof that GeOW could in fact run on PS3, and PS3 is capable of the same graphics.
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts

What about Gundam? That game looks pretty tight.iunderstand

Youhave very low standards.

Pizza_Guy450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pizza_Guy450
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts
And until you stop typing such idiotic fanboy filth, we'll continue to lose brain cells.
Avatar image for Doom_HellKnight
Doom_HellKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Doom_HellKnight
Member since 2005 • 12217 Posts
I'll settle for Crysis, Thank You. However, GeOW is running on Unreal Engine 3, as is Unreal Tournament 3, which is being released on both systems. But I see you point, at this present moment, I guess the PS3 is losing...
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
ps2 lost the graphic. so whats your point.
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chloroformality
[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Chloroformality"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]It runs UE07... :| The same engine Gears is running on... So PS3 can do Gears graphics.

You don't expect me to believe though that these demos (which I've seen and show off lots off what I saw in GeoW btw and ran fine) are not doing what they are, right? Demonstrating the technology and hardware in the engine, and it's compatibility with the hardware. I've seen some of the videos, and they look just fine. So when Unreal comes to PS3 and runs fine, it's just proof that GeOW could in fact run on PS3, and PS3 is capable of the same graphics.

I didn't say the PS3 demos were bull, I just said there is a lot of stuff that needs to be done before we really know how well the PS3 can run UE3. At any rate, the game isn't finished until it's finished. Shoot, we could have a crappy framerate come release day, for all we know. ...... either way, for the most part, the game isn't even out yet. What IS out on the PS3 isn't on par with that IS out on the 360. The PS3 may be able to run UE3 no problem, but according to the shelves at EB or Gamestop, it's a non-existent game that can't be used when comparing the two.
mrboo15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mrboo15
Member since 2006 • 2043 Posts
UNTIL 360 ACTUALLY HAS A GAME WITH AF TEXTURE FILTERING AN EFFECT WHICH A GEFORCE 2 CAN DO WITH LITTLE IF ANY HIT ON PERFORMACE THEN I WILL BE IMPRESSED. AND WHEN 360 RUNS A GAME LIKE GEARS WITH A FRAMERATE THATS AS SOLID AS RESISTANCE ON PS3 THEN ILL REALLY BE IMPRESSED :|
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
There are too many upcoming games on both consoles that look better than Gears of War, you're just setting yourself up for ownage hinging the 'graphics war' on GEoW.
Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts

[QUOTE="monsternachoman"]I think i've had enough with hearing about this game to tell you the truth. mazdero

X2

all the fanboys seem to place it on a pestidal, amuseing note that most xbox fans didnt purchase one until GeOW came out.
Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chloroformality
[QUOTE="mazdero"]

[QUOTE="monsternachoman"]I think i've had enough with hearing about this game to tell you the truth. PaintballinDude

X2

all the fanboys seem to place it on a pestidal, amuseing note that most xbox fans didnt purchase one until GeOW came out.

Wouldn't a system seller be put on a... "pestidal?".... Either way, Sony fans would feel the same way about it, were it on the PS3.
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
I prefer heavenly sword graphics more than GeoW, but the hair isn't so gr8 though.
mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts

[QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Chloroformality"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]It runs UE07... :| The same engine Gears is running on... So PS3 can do Gears graphics.Chloroformality

I didn't say the PS3 demos were bull, I just said there is a lot of stuff that needs to be done before we really know how well the PS3 can run UE3. At any rate, the game isn't finished until it's finished. Shoot, we could have a crappy framerate come release day, for all we know. ...... either way, for the most part, the game isn't even out yet. What IS out on the PS3 isn't on par with that IS out on the 360. The PS3 may be able to run UE3 no problem, but according to the shelves at EB or Gamestop, it's a non-existent game that can't be used when comparing the two.

Guy, PS3 graphics shouldn't be on par with 360 graphics yet. Its only been out 5 months. Its complicated hardware and Devs are still trying to learn it, where as 360 is much easier to dev for. This next wave of PS3 games do look on par with , not launch 360 games, but current ones, which should make you think.

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
Gears of War doesnt only look amazing- it plays amazing too-which is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing- end of thread.
htijerina10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 htijerina10
Member since 2006 • 283 Posts
Gears of War doesnt only look amazing- it plays amazing too-which is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing- end of thread.CwlHeddwyn
great game great visual finished it in a day
tomertr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tomertr
Member since 2004 • 1180 Posts

what's going on? afraid of the last multi-plats that are looking better on the ps3...?

but you're right, to be better than the 360, the PS3 must surpass it's maximun (at the moment), it's so obvious you even didn't have to create a whole thread about it.

SambaLele
onw multiplat that had a year to look better, if it wouldnt it would mean the ps3 is like the wii, just kidding but that doesnt mean anything.
Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Paktahn
Member since 2002 • 2093 Posts
True. I thought since the console was coming out an entire year after the 360 the graphics would be the difference between Xbox and PS2. It didn't turn out that way and the 360 acutally has better graphics at this point.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="CwlHeddwyn"]Gears of War doesnt only look amazing- it plays amazing too-which is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing- end of thread.htijerina10
great game great visual finished it in a day

ever played 8-man online with it?
luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
graw2 looks better than geow on the 360 imho. maybe ps3's port will look good too... prolly not.
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

Simple as that.viper7721

And how long did it take xbox 360 to achieve that? A year after it launched, so its been 5 months and already ps3 games look better then launch xbox 360 games. I have both systems so u can compare them when u see them in play. Heck RFOM and Motorstorm seem to look better then alot of games coming out on the xbox 360. I love both systems but its threads like this that make no sense unless u have a good arguement to back it up. I mean if the ps3 were throwing games out after a year that it has been out and not looking as good as geow, then id say this thread means something, but the system is only into its 5th month and we already see games starting to look amazing on the system. So that shows u, that the games are coming, and there is a game that will come called lair, that should be one of the games to show a little sometin sometin.

I also like to note that the great thing about ps3 games is alot of games look amazing on the ps3, even from third party games, and the amazing thing about the ps3 exclusive games that are out, such as RFOM and Motorstorm, none of these games are even using Unreal Engine 3, and for the games to look that good, not using that engine is an amazing task. Anyways both systems will have great games for both fanboys, so just be a gamer and enjoy those games instead of arguing. Till den game on.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
There are too many upcoming games on both consoles that look better than Gears of War, you're just setting yourself up for ownage hinging the 'graphics war' on GEoW.KeyWii
Agreed.
ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ishxan
Member since 2006 • 369 Posts
If Gears of War is only good visually then why has it received so many awards both for the game and developers? Cows can't come to grip that Gears of War is more than visuals. It may be only 10 hours long, but it's 10 hours of non-stop awesome which is more than morst games. I've played games that take 20hrs+ to finish but they were only fun for 3 hours. Quality > quantity. PS3 launch games have been in longer development than X360 launch games were, games like Resistance were in development as long as Gears was. EPIC games said UT3 will not look as good as Gears of War. Resistance looks like a PS2.5 game. Mass Effect looks better than any PS3 game currently scheduled. So far PS3 has shown is standard next-gen graphics, and no one should expect any less, however the X360 still has the graphics crown and I believe it will continue to reign throughout this year too - you can quote me on that.
Stumpt25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Stumpt25
Member since 2006 • 1482 Posts

what was i going to say?...

oh yeah!

Lair dragon fight

Final fantasy

you lose...

ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ishxan

Yeah, I don't think so. Mass Effect > Anything on PS3...

ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ishxan
Mass Effect > Lair + FFXIII
miss_kitt3n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 miss_kitt3n
Member since 2006 • 2717 Posts

UNTIL 360 ACTUALLY HAS A GAME WITH AF TEXTURE FILTERING AN EFFECT WHICH A GEFORCE 2 CAN DO WITH LITTLE IF ANY HIT ON PERFORMACE THEN I WILL BE IMPRESSED. AND WHEN 360 RUNS A GAME LIKE GEARS WITH A FRAMERATE THATS AS SOLID AS RESISTANCE ON PS3 THEN ILL REALLY BE IMPRESSED :|mrboo15

:o 

Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chloroformality

[QUOTE="Chloroformality"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Chloroformality"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]It runs UE07... :| The same engine Gears is running on... So PS3 can do Gears graphics.mazdero

Guy, PS3 graphics shouldn't be on par with 360 graphics yet. Its only been out 5 months. Its complicated hardware and Devs are still trying to learn it, where as 360 is much easier to dev for. This next wave of PS3 games do look on par with , not launch 360 games, but current ones, which should make you think.

The PS3 launch was delayed, so, the launch games should have looked a little better than what they did. You guys shouldn't feel obligated to give them the benefit of the doubt. And if the PS3's lack of good-looking games is due to difficult hardware, I wouldn't consider that an excusable fault. Maybe Sony should have thought a little more about dev tools like MS did. Now, I'm not sayin' the PS3 won't EVER look as good as 360, but so far they aren't looking so good. Even the select few games (still not out yet) for that PS3 that look as good as 360 games are just that, on par. Maybe that'll change eventually but, as of now, nah... The PS3 may be five months old, sure, but I don't remember many 360 fans trying to make age excuses in defense of the graphics, five months after the 360 launched.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts
I dislike the grayness in gears of war.. makes the game feel abit drab..
ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ishxan
I dislike the grayness in gears of war.. makes the game feel abit drab..Dahaka-UK
I'm sorry that a war zone isn't as colorful as you would like. The "grayness" is perfect for the theme of the game, some people just don't want to realize that.
Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

[QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]I dislike the grayness in gears of war.. makes the game feel abit drab..ishxan
I'm sorry that a war zone isn't as colorful as you would like. The "grayness" is perfect for the theme of the game, some people just don't want to realize that.

but they still could of put  some colour into the game without messing up the theme. 

Chloroformality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chloroformality

[QUOTE="ishxan"][QUOTE="Dahaka-UK"]I dislike the grayness in gears of war.. makes the game feel abit drab..Dahaka-UK

but they still could of put some colour into the game without messing up the theme.

If you knew anything about the subject, color in Gears of War would have screwed it up just as much as the green tint screws up MGS4's look.
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts
[QUOTE="mazdero"]

[QUOTE="Chloroformality"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"][QUOTE="Chloroformality"][QUOTE="yoshi_64"]It runs UE07... :| The same engine Gears is running on... So PS3 can do Gears graphics.Chloroformality

Guy, PS3 graphics shouldn't be on par with 360 graphics yet. Its only been out 5 months. Its complicated hardware and Devs are still trying to learn it, where as 360 is much easier to dev for. This next wave of PS3 games do look on par with , not launch 360 games, but current ones, which should make you think.

The PS3 launch was delayed, so, the launch games should have looked a little better than what they did. You guys shouldn't feel obligated to give them the benefit of the doubt. And if the PS3's lack of good-looking games is due to difficult hardware, I wouldn't consider that an excusable fault. Maybe Sony should have thought a little more about dev tools like MS did. Now, I'm not sayin' the PS3 won't EVER look as good as 360, but so far they aren't looking so good. Even the select few games (still not out yet) for that PS3 that look as good as 360 games are just that, on par. Maybe that'll change eventually but, as of now, nah... The PS3 may be five months old, sure, but I don't remember many 360 fans trying to make age excuses in defense of the graphics, five months after the 360 launched.

Thats because there was no other next gen console out when the xbox 360 was out 5 months from launch. This is why PDZ got the score it has, because since the xbox 360 was the only next gen console out, it was given slack and rated  a 9.0. People dont understand, that  the only reason ps3 games are being judged and rated so hard is due to competition that is out already. For example if ps3 was the first to launch and the games that came out for it like RFOM and Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Oblivion, and Cod3 which are all out after 5 months of the ps3 launch, all these games would have scored an AAA just because there was no competition out at the time and because people wouldve been wowed at these games, but since the xbox 360 has been out a year ahead, and has a pretty good library of games and GEOW as the graphical king for its time, it has set the bar high and now everyone judges a ps3 game by does it look better then GEOW or Mass Effect? And this is why games like RFOM or Motorstorm or Virtual Fighter even with the graphics looking great, people will judge it to GEOW and be like, still doesnt come close to GEOW and is why it looks crap to there eyes when in reality, if u play RFOM and Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter on a HDTV, u will see that they are very beautiful games. Anyways I love my xbox 360 and my ps3 but to say the ps3 games dont look that good is just nonesense, and keep in mind, Motorstorm and RFOM dont even use the Unreal Engine 3, and still are beautiful games, taking advantage of the system, which is very impressive for a system dat has only been out for 5 months. Till den game on. :)

BioEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BioEffect
Member since 2007 • 521 Posts
Simple as that.viper7721
I do agree.
Mass_Effect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mass_Effect
Member since 2006 • 1993 Posts
Motorstorm looks better than GeOW
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#47 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

UNTIL 360 ACTUALLY HAS A GAME WITH AF TEXTURE FILTERING AN EFFECT WHICH A GEFORCE 2 CAN DO WITH LITTLE IF ANY HIT ON PERFORMACE THEN I WILL BE IMPRESSED. AND WHEN 360 RUNS A GAME LIKE GEARS WITH A FRAMERATE THATS AS SOLID AS RESISTANCE ON PS3 THEN ILL REALLY BE IMPRESSED :|mrboo15

You obviously don't own both consoles.

Otherwise, you would know GeOW's graphics easily trumps RFoM and there are no framerate drops in GeOW.

Run along now, cow.

ishxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ishxan
Motorstorm looks better than GeOWMass_Effect
bad joke
BioEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BioEffect
Member since 2007 • 521 Posts
Motorstorm looks better than GeOWMass_Effect
you are joking right?
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#50 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

Thats because there was no other next gen console out when the xbox 360 was out 5 months from launch. This is why PDZ got the score it has, because since the xbox 360 was the only next gen console out, it was given slack and rated  a 9.0. People dont understand, that  the only reason ps3 games are being judged and rated so hard is due to competition that is out already. For example if ps3 was the first to launch and the games that came out for it like RFOM and Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, Oblivion, and Cod3 which are all out after 5 months of the ps3 launch, all these games would have scored an AAA just because there was no competition out at the time and because people wouldve been wowed at these games, but since the xbox 360 has been out a year ahead, and has a pretty good library of games and GEOW as the graphical king for its time, it has set the bar high and now everyone judges a ps3 game by does it look better then GEOW or Mass Effect? And this is why games like RFOM or Motorstorm or Virtual Fighter even with the graphics looking great, people will judge it to GEOW and be like, still doesnt come close to GEOW and is why it looks crap to there eyes when in reality, if u play RFOM and Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter on a HDTV, u will see that they are very beautiful games. Anyways I love my xbox 360 and my ps3 but to say the ps3 games dont look that good is just nonesense, and keep in mind, Motorstorm and RFOM dont even use the Unreal Engine 3, and still are beautiful games, taking advantage of the system, which is very impressive for a system dat has only been out for 5 months. Till den game on. :)

squallff8_fan

:lol: @ cow DAMAGE CONTROL

PS3 games should have immediately been better than x360 if the PS3 was so superior to the x360. The Xbox displayed its superiority on day one with Halo.