Uncharted Franchise Sales At 28 Million Worldwide (Before Uncharted 4 Launch)

• 72 results
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#51 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts
@howmakewood said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Congrats Sony.

@stereointegrity said:

you play it

Or watch it.

Well Uncharted has been in the top 5 watched games on Twitch since launch. Those "content creators" sure are capitalizing on Naughty Dogs talents...

Pretty small fish, it will vanish in few weeks, I guess the difference between Dark souls 3 and Uncharted 4 is that more people end up just watching UC4 instead of buying it like in the case of DS3

From what I understand, watching Uncharted and playing it isn't much of a difference..

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Wheeeee weeee, topping the sales and ratings charts...

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

I wonder how those numbers compare to Halo, Call of Duty, and Assassin's Creed.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: Not much can top COD, it probably sells 15 million on an off year like when ghost dropped.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Litchie said:
@howmakewood said:

Pretty small fish, it will vanish in few weeks, I guess the difference between Dark souls 3 and Uncharted 4 is that more people end up just watching UC4 instead of buying it like in the case of DS3

From what I understand, watching Uncharted and playing it isn't much of a difference..

And 22,000 isn't even it's peak. It will be much higher this evening.

Of the top 5, only one of these games is $60 and is a big budget title... If I were Naughty Dog I would be all over this.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:
@Litchie said:
@howmakewood said:

Of the top 5, only one of these games is $60 and is a big budget title... If I were Naughty Dog I would be all over this.

It's obviously good numbers for a non PC game as twitch in general is very heavy on PC players. And ye Sony could pull the plug on streaming their title if they wanted to?

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#57 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I feel that this franchise will get the God Of War treatment, say it's done but not really.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@howmakewood said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

It's obviously good numbers for a non PC game as twitch in general is very heavy on PC players. And ye Sony could pull the plug on streaming their title if they wanted to?

Well those top 4 games are competitive games that don't really tell a story. Twitch is the perfect place for folks to watch some good, competitive gaming. I have no problem with that. Now story driven games are a while different story. I don't think they should be streamed and wouldn't blame a dev one bit if they pulled the plug on these streams. I jumped in a Twitch stream and asked folks if they planned on buying the game or just watching it. I had 0 "buying" but here are a few examples of the answers I got. Oh, and 2 of those folks pay to subscribe to the guys channel...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#59 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

I still think that Uncharted 2 was the only good games in the series

Fixed.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Howmakewood

@GoldenElementXL said:
@howmakewood said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Well those top 4 games are competitive games that don't really tell a story. Twitch is the perfect place for folks to watch some good, competitive gaming. I have no problem with that. Now story driven games are a while different story. I don't think they should be streamed and wouldn't blame a dev one bit if they pulled the plug on these streams. I jumped in a Twitch stream and asked folks if they planned on buying the game or just watching it. I had 0 "buying" but here are a few examples of the answers I got. Oh, and 2 of those folks pay to subscribe to the guys channel...

Ye I agree that story driven games have more to lose. How much does it cost them is hard to say, sales lost vs more visibility

Personally UC4 would be on the top of my list of which id want to watch the least. Why would I want the story spoiled or after completing it, why would I want to watch it again?

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

@charizard1605: I don't know if I remember it wrong or am confusing you with someone else but didn't you use to have like a mario kart avatar a looooong time ago? People do tend to forget that people mature over time.

I mean I'm not gonna lie... back in 07 when I first joined I went back and read my debut thread to system wars when I announced myself as the major general commander in chief of the Lem army and well............... yeah its funny to see how I have changed over the years to not care so much about this console or that console anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#62 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@demon-returns said:

@charizard1605: I don't know if I remember it wrong or am confusing you with someone else but didn't you use to have like a mario kart avatar a looooong time ago? People do tend to forget that people mature over time.

I mean I'm not gonna lie... back in 07 when I first joined I went back and read my debut thread to system wars when I announced myself as the major general commander in chief of the Lem army and well............... yeah its funny to see how I have changed over the years to not care so much about this console or that console anymore.

I did haha. But yes, people change, opinions change, and they are hardly binary to begin with. System Wars on the whole tends to forget that opinions are formed in aggregate.

And yeah, reading one's old posts on SW is always a blast- it shows you how much you have changed over the years.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Sollet said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Why of course Naughty Dogs are going to show everyone how story telling is being done, hopefully shitbungie learns from naughty gods on how stories are made

When will someone show Naughty Dog how to make games with good gameplay?

Their games plays well?

Are you saying Crash Bandicoot, Jak & Daxter are movie games?

Or is that your inner saltiness speaking?

Thanks for agreeing with him that UC franchise and TLOU aren't games.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@howmakewood said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Congrats Sony.

@stereointegrity said:
@zergforlife said:

Well when your system has 1 game..

you play it

Or watch it.

Well Uncharted has been in the top 5 watched games on Twitch since launch. Those "content creators" sure are capitalizing on Naughty Dogs talents...

I statement that will look stupid as **** when Uncharted 4 massively outsells Dark Souls 3.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#65 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Sollet said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Why of course Naughty Dogs are going to show everyone how story telling is being done, hopefully shitbungie learns from naughty gods on how stories are made

Their games plays well?

Poor baby

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 zeeshanhaider

@Blabadon said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@Sollet said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@finalstar2007 said:

Their games plays well?

Poor baby

You are a poor baby? :P

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Blabadon

@zeeshanhaider: Nah man, I'm playing vidja gaymes

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Howmakewood

@bobrossperm said:
@howmakewood said:
@GoldenElementXL said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Congrats Sony.

@stereointegrity said:

you play it

Or watch it.

I statement that will look stupid as **** when Uncharted 4 massively outsells Dark Souls 3.

Because? Most of the viewers of ds3 also play the game, I doubt that is the same for UC4, nothing to do with the amount of sales the game has

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 zeeshanhaider

@Blabadon said:

@zeeshanhaider: Nah man, I'm playing vidja gaymes

I'm not. :(

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Blabadon

@zeeshanhaider: ever play a Ratchet and Clank game before?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 zeeshanhaider

@Blabadon said:

@zeeshanhaider: ever play a Ratchet and Clank game before?

Nope. In the first party platformers I have only played Mario and Sonic when I was a kid.

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts

@quadknight said:

People who say Gears is a bigger franchise than Uncharted are totally delusional.

where are the Uncharted tournaments?