uncharted 4 still plays like uncharted......

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

And this is what bothers me, i was hoping that since they are borrowing things from the last of us, why in the hell didn't they decide to make uncharted 4 different, more realistic in animations and play style, rather than have it remain fast paced and drake still climbing like a monkey on crack. I honestly wanted a sense of realism, since everything else has become more realistic, graphics/characters, etc.

Funny thing is i didn't have this issue with the beta, they have definitely changed movement/animations...and decided to go back and make it play like the earlier games. Perhaps so it can keep what made uncharted gameplay fun at the time i don't know....but i hate it.

Anyone else agree?

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@soapandbubbles said:

And this is what bothers me, i was hoping that since they are borrowing things from the last of us, why in the hell didn't they decide to make uncharted 4 different, more realistic in animations and play style, rather than have it remain fast paced and drake still climbing like a monkey on crack. I honestly wanted a sense of realism, since everything else has become more realistic, graphics/characters, etc.

Funny thing is i didn't have this issue with the beta, they have definitely changed movement/animations...and decided to go back and make it play like the earlier games. Perhaps so it can keep what made uncharted gameplay fun at the time i don't know....but i hate it.

Anyone else agree?

Can't agree since the game isn't out yet.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

So I guess you missed the parts in the preview in with complete stealth where you can mark enemies like in Metal Gear(you can even re-enter stealth after being spotted), open hub spaces similar to Tomb Raider with branching paths to advance and lots vehicles traversal? If you get spotted you can still re-enter stealth. So just on that basic premise it is not the same Uncharted. It is an iteration on what fans already love. If you don't like don't buy. Simple as that. Don't fix something that is broken to please someone like who doesn't like the franchise any way. And don't say you like it when you start a topic with this shit.

And did you play the single player to make this judgement? Complete fail. This is even more stupid considering you actually played the beta and like it.

vespuche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vespuche
Member since 2007 • 1078 Posts

I don't need to watch someone struggle as I slowly choke them to death like in The Last of Us. Uncharted is a light hearted action adventure.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

There's actually quite a few new gameplay mechanics. But an uncharted game should play like an uncharted game just like you'd expect a sequel from any other franchise

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 soapandbubbles

@StrongBlackVine said:

So I guess you missed the parts in the preview in with complete stealth where you can mark enemies like in Metal Gear(you can even re-enter stealth after being spotted), open hub spaces similar to Tomb Raider with branching paths to advance and lots vehicles traversal? If you get spotted you can still re-enter stealth. So just on that basic premise it is not the same Uncharted. It is an iteration on what fans already love. If you don't like don't buy. Simple as that. Don't fix something that is broken to please someone like who doesn't like the franchise any way. And don't say you like it when you start a topic with this shit.

And did you play the single player to make this judgement? Complete fail. This is even more stupid considering you actually played the beta and like it.

talking about animations/play style...not those new additions. I just wanted this LAST uncharted to feel different from the rest....more realistic, etc.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@soapandbubbles said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

talking about animations/play style...not those new additions. I just wanted this LAST uncharted to feel different from the rest....more realistic, etc.

Well I still can't agree with you and not many Uncharted fans will. Wait for the The Last Of Us 2 if your realistic combat is your thing. I still think they have done plenty to switch the gameplay enough to make it feel fresh, realistic maybe not so much but that was never the plan. Uncharted is supposed to be a casual, fun game for the masses.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

Hell I fucking hope it plays like Uncharted, they already fucked up the multiplayer.

Anyways, they have already shown alot of new gameplay mechanics that are new and based on TLoU so for you to say its just like another Uncharted play style is nonsense. Have you seen all the game play thats been out? every piece of gameplay they show something new in terms of gameplay mechanics, never before seen in any Uncharted game.

Troll harder.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

So you're saying a game from the same series touting the same name as the series plays like a game in that series?

Shocking.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So you're saying a game from the same series touting the same name as the series plays like a game in that series?

Shocking.

stop the presses

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I'm glad they didn't change their top 5 game of all time formula.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I saw a video where sneaking and killing is actually part of the game. They learned from TLoU.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I'd be pissed if an Uncharted game didn't play like an Uncharted game. A few new tricks are fine. But, the core gameplay should be familiar.

It was bad enough when ND changed a few things in UC3. Good thing they patched it back.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Yeah, same here.

Was hoping the game played like Pokemon.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Shocking.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Yeah that's the nature of sequels, it's why sequels are fucking lame inherently. It's why I'm happy Naughty Dog will not be doing Uncharted after this, and after the prerequisite Last of Us sequel (ugh), they will do something new.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#21 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@soapandbubbles: So, you think realistic "platforming" would make Uncharted a better game, along with realistic gunplay? In what sense do you mean? Do you want slower paced action with emphasis on gameplay strategy? Elaborate on what realism you're seeking here.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

Why do some people wants uncharted4 plays like COD? Or GTA?... that is soo wrong.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By soapandbubbles

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@soapandbubbles: So, you think realistic "platforming" would make Uncharted a better game, along with realistic gunplay? In what sense do you mean? Do you want slower paced action with emphasis on gameplay strategy? Elaborate on what realism you're seeking here.

Yes, and this is fixed with better and more realistic animations....same goes with pacing, I want drake to move slower when he is climbing for example. Now if you compare it to the last of us, you will see that takedowns are slower, as is movement, etc...that weight/realism. Same goes with games like quatum break, which IMO has the most realistic movement/facial animations to date.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

Because they have millions of people to appease and your opinion means squat compared to the vocal majority.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Wait what the ****?

I was expecting Tetris style gameplay.

Pre-order cancelled.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

@soapandbubbles said:

Anyone else agree?

Because Uncharted is based on Indiana Jones, this is like saying "why can noctis teleport, I thought it'd be more realistic"

There are a lot of changes. Very large open ended locations, slinging yourself around by a rope, being able to change between action and stealth mid combat, etc etc

Edgy =/= quality, this is a different animal than the last of us.

Also the last of us is rather shitty and the ai sucks in tha game.

Realism =/= Quality, this is Nathan Indiana motherfucking Drake.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

The only thing that should be changed is the climbing mechanics. Would be great if there was a stamina bar added so you can't climb up a rock face and then have a fist fight instantly. Not due to realism, I mean if it was realistic then one shot should be a game over screen, but to make the game more challenging.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

Everything that I have seen and read about UC4, makes me think they are heading in the right direction. It will of course, have similar elements to the other games in the series and I enjoy the fast paced climbing and run-and-gun shooting mechanics with some cover system. However, with all that, ND are adding in things I've wanted for a while i.e. fully playable vehicle sections, branching paths and bigger, less linear levels.

I felt and I know a lot of other people did too, that UC3 became way too scripted and held our hands throughout most of the campaign. This seems to be rectifying some of that.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@ladyblue said:

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#30 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Um, that would suck if Uncharted didn't play like, Uncharted. I like Uncharted because it plays like Uncharted. The OP is whack.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Why would you expect an Uncharted game to not play like Uncharted?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Preorder canceled. lol :P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Here's a fresh concept. If I didn't want to play an Uncharted game then I wouldn't buy a fucking Uncharted game.

DressYouUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DressYouUp
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

Uncharted gameplay is SO boring, this is highlighted further with how much BETTER the past two Tomb Raider games have been.

They should just release all the cutscenes as a movie - they're the most interesting thing about the games.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@DressYouUp: Yeah, i couldnt get into Uncharted, but Tomb Raider is amazing. Its one of my favorites now.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#36 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

The further away they go from The Last of Us the better.

That game controls like Garbage.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@jcrame10 said:

There's actually quite a few new gameplay mechanics. But an uncharted game should play like an uncharted game just like you'd expect a sequel from any other franchise

Agreed. I'm hoping it plays like Uncharted with some refinements and new elements.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#38  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

I was going to say this as well. Although I could mark enemies in Splinter cell before MGS5, point is there are some variations I look forward to trying out in U4. Well, without the " Don't fix something that is broken to please someone like who doesn't like the franchise any way. And don't say you like it when you start a topic with this shit." part. He can say whatever he wants on this forum as long as it doesn't break the rules. Like you said, don't like? Don't buy. But if you don't like what's said, leave thread can suffice better than getting all defensive dude lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I just hope they up their shooter game. They've always felt very half-assed on that end. This looks like it can have some potential, I just hope the game doesn't amount to a lot of vehicle chases and over-the-top QTE sections.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#40 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@getyeryayasout: Yeah I look forward to the grappling rope. Last gen my biggest disappointment was Bionic Commando. I pre ordered it, got it day one and returned it like day 3. Swinging sucked, gun play was like shooting ping pong ball toy guns. Me was sad. Looks like ND may have nailed the rope thing in this. Granted its fucking far fetched as shit, I mean the guy doesn't miss a target with his rope and unlike Croft he's throwing it, not shooting it attached to an arrow. But its Uncharted, you know? I want my summer action movie feel.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Actually it seems to have changed up it's play style more than most sequals do. It's still drake climbing and shooting things, but the level design in perticular, and approach to combat is very different. Not new to the indurstry, but for that franchise.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

People been throwing GOTY awards at Uncharted series left and right. Why would they want it to not play like Uncharted? lmao

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Breaking news: Game sequels play like previous entries. More at 11.

You also made a thread about GeoW4, and you don't share the same concern for GeoW4 that it will play like GeoW?

In fact, you were excited for that game.

@iandizion713 said:

DressYouUp: Yeah, i couldnt get into Uncharted, but Tomb Raider is amazing. Its one of my favorites now.

But the new TR's gameplay and the new changes to TR were inspired by Uncharted.

Although the developer of TR, Crystal, has yet to make a 90+ metascoring TR game.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@soapandbubbles said:

they have definitely changed movement/animations...and decided to go back and make it play like the earlier games. Perhaps so it can keep what made uncharted gameplay fun at the time i don't know....but i hate it.

So you hate Uncharted and want to know why they didn't turn Uncharted 4 into a completely different game so you wouldn't hate it? Well... okay..... *backs away slowly*.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#46 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Damn, I was hoping for more RTS gameplay.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Damn, I was hoping for more RTS gameplay.

A 5 a side football challenge is always what it's been missing IMO.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#48 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

@soapandbubbles said:

Anyone else agree?

Hell freaking no. I don't play games for realism. This absurd notion that realism in games is automatically better is asinine. Last of us was not realistic and to pretend that it was is ignoring the numerous factors that defy realism and immersion that anyone who has played the game has experienced. Should the player die immediately after being shot? Should the player get tired from moving? Should the player suffer from dehydration for being the desert for too long? There are so many realistic factors that can be appended to a game for the sake of realism but that does not equate to being fun but just tedious and potentially the right ingredients for a terrible game.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By soapandbubbles

@Pedro said:
@soapandbubbles said:

Anyone else agree?

Hell freaking no. I don't play games for realism. This absurd notion that realism in games is automatically better is asinine. Last of us was not realistic and to pretend that it was is ignoring the numerous factors that defy realism and immersion that anyone who has played the game has experienced. Should the player die immediately after being shot? Should the player get tired from moving? Should the player suffer from dehydration for being the desert for too long? There are so many realistic factors that can be appended to a game for the sake of realism but that does not equate to being fun but just tedious and potentially the right ingredients for a terrible game.

ugh, who the f is talking about all that? i meant the animations/movement and just certain executions and pacing, in u4 it's all done so fast and looks so unrealistic.....is all. OBVIOUSLY those elements of realism you mentioned shouldn't be in games, since its plainly stupid and annoying...lol.

bjshepp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bjshepp
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

You are bothered that an Uncharted game.... still plays like an Uncharted game? I don't know how to respond to this.