Uncharted 4 pushes PS4 tech to the next level.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#401 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Sheesh , i think you all need to play Mario for an hour and remember what fun games where.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#402 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:

I was here well before the PS4 and Xbox One launched I was actually here shortly after the PS3 launched. I don't recall many claims from cows claiming such, exactly how would they claim it was a Tri SLI 980 when the 980 wasn't announced until after the PS4 released? That sounds like standard system wars hyperbole to me and its the reason i left this place to begin with.

As for DF it should be used for one thing and one thing only and that's comparisons. DF has no zero knowledge of what a platform can and cannot do they can simply tell you what they found and compare various settings.

As for the complete package Crysis 2 was very impressive for its time and Crysis 3 took what was built upon that and improved it further. However the technologies used in that engine are used in current games as well even multi-platform titles that can be found on the PS4 and Xbox one. The sheer amounts of polygons and particles used in current next gen console titles far exceed Crysis 2 and also do it on a much larger scale as Crysis 2 was a fairly linear game. You said you don't think DF was considering uber higher resolutions and frame-rates while comparing Crysis 2 to consoles? Well maybe not but the problem with your argument here is that its an old article and the most impressive console games were not released or even shown yet. The article was from the end of 2013 well before any of the heavy hitters released. Your best looking games on consoles at that time would have been Ryse Son of Rome and Killzone:SF and I don't think many people would consider those the best looking games now on consoles. (Although Ryse may still be the best looking game on the Xbox one). But simply running the game at 30 fps would be a compromise as the consoles are capable of running games at 60fps. However if the consoles can run a game that looks better then Crysis 2 on the PS4 at the same frame-rate that would technically make it more impressive then Crysis 2 would it not? One way to make you better understand my argument would be if Naughty Dog said Sony has given them the rights to release UC4 on the PC and you saw UC 4 running on 980 SLI at beyond 1080p and 100fps would you not consider UC4 better looking and more impressive then Crysis 2?

I don't know everything that was said between all fanboy factions nor do I really care I am simply stating my point of view for this argument. I think there are multiple games that look noticeably better then Crysis 2 on current consoles and are technically more impressive, some exclusive and some multi-platform but that by no means says I think the PS4 is anywhere near as powerful as high end gaming rig.

My bad. It was supposed to say tri SLI 680. I'm so used to typing 980 and 970 now that it slipped my mind. Yes they really said that. There were threads, I can name it if you like the titles were something like KZ:SF KILLZOWNED c3 to bits and the shit like these. I remember this one topic because I brought it back from the dead and you can see the exact same cows bullshiting in it.

You missed the point completely, are consoles powerful enough to do what Crysis 2 did back in 2011 at 1080p60. If not that means they are sacrificing one thing or another in order to get there. I used it to set the bar of the PS4 power. This generation of consoles haven't given as anything that we haven't already seen on PC before, simple. Think of it like this even if you bring down the resolution to 100 x 100 even 360/PS3 would achieve the graphics fidelity of UC4.

So by the 1080p60 point of reference Crysis 2 is not possible on PS4, plain and simple and that's bad for the console that released two years later than a said game.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#403  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:
@leandrro said:

@Quicksilver128:

guess which is the 2007's game and the 2016 graphics king

half the screen from 1080p screenshots, unmodded versions, no zoom

http://i.imgur.com/KhGjqPY.jpg

Why does your uncharted 4 pic zoom in on a rock?

I played Crysis on a capable gaming pc for years.

There is multiple HD videos of UC4 and uncompressed pics and they look noticeably better then the original Crysis.

Stop posting screenshots with an agenda.

@phantomfire335 said:

To be fair, those images of uncharted 4 look kinda compressed. And I agree with quicksilver, why is it zoomed in on a rock?

its not zoomed, it shows half of the screen to get rid of the cartonish character that makes it even more unrealistic

the fact that it looks zoomed is because it looks like crap, but its actually half of a 1080x1920 screenshot

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#404 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts
@AM-Gamer said:

@jereb31: your controlling the character and aiming, SC cutcutscenes are nothing but cut scenes. Talking about grasping for straws.

Yeah I'll give you that, but pressing 1 button and nothing else is not really a level of control that is brag worthy, I mean UC4 is up there with classics like Super PSTW with that level of control.

www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/495903

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@jereb31: You are climbing a rope, aiming and shooting. It's a set piece not a cutscene. You also have full control of the character and are required to jump to other vehicles.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 Jereb31

@AM-Gamer said:

@jereb31: You are climbing a rope, aiming and shooting. It's a set piece not a cutscene. You also have full control of the character and are required to jump to other vehicles.

The part where he is in the Jeep is what I'm referring to obviously, Where all you need to press to escape the jeep is triangle (from that gif anyway).

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#407 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Does this mean they will finally fix the floaty gunplay?

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 Jereb31
@AM-Gamer said:

Mmmm, most movie games you end up with an illusion of control, or restricted and guided versions during scenes, I would not be surprised that when you move Drake to the edge of the vehicle in roughly the direction of the other jeep that he jumps on his own.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

@leandrro said:
@Quicksilver128 said:
@leandrro said:

@Quicksilver128:

There is multiple HD videos of UC4 and uncompressed pics and they look noticeably better then the original Crysis.

@phantomfire335 said:

To be fair, those images of uncharted 4 look kinda compressed. And I agree with quicksilver, why is it zoomed in on a rock?

its not zoomed, it shows half of the screen to get rid of the cartonish character that makes it even more unrealistic

the fact that it looks zoomed is because it looks like crap, but its actually half of a 1080x1920 screenshot

The pics themselves are kind of blurry and compressed anyway, even i have to admit uncharted 4 looks much better than those images show..

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

UC4 looks like shit in screenshots with a HUD. Just like The Order.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 AM-Gamer

@RoboCopISJesus: You mean terribly compressed screengrabs?

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Look at this POS, blurry rock textures, unshaded grass textures, flat lighting, no PBR, no deferred lighting, no nothing. just a piece of relic from the past.

Welcome to present day fool.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

@gpuking said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Look at this POS, blurry rock textures, unshaded grass textures, flat lighting, no PBR, no deferred lighting, no nothing. just a piece of relic from the past.

Welcome to present day fool.

And again, comparing bullshots and cut-scenes to cherry-picked in-game screenshots. Trying too hard to make your game seem perfect.

Excelsior1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 Excelsior1
Member since 2015 • 18 Posts

All new graphics and physics

Same generic, boring, linear, QTE and scripted event ridden gameplay and cliche generic rehashed storyline

Uncharted is a series made for stupid people who aren't interested in interesting game design and mechanics and care more about Nathan Drake having 100 different ways to scratch his ass

Doesn't helpt that Naughty Fail can't program decent AI or free flowing combat either

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

lol @gpuking thinking that posting actual game-play screenshots of The Order and UC4 is the equivalent of posting low-setting PC screenshots.

Shows how much he thinks about the shitty games he champions.

Maybe when he finally gets gfx king (current score: 0) he'll be more reasonable and not so salty.

@excelsior1 said:

All new graphics and physics

Same generic, boring, linear, QTE and scripted event ridden gameplay and cliche generic rehashed storyline

Uncharted is a series made for stupid people who aren't interested in interesting game design and mechanics and care more about Nathan Drake having 100 different ways to scratch his ass

Doesn't helpt that Naughty Fail can't program decent AI or free flowing combat either

All new gfx that won't look half as good in gameplay, and even the cutscene versions already surpassed by PC games.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#416 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

Some really dishonest screens in this thread. The UC4 gameplay images were clearly compressed and some of those Crysis images looked awful, definitely not representative of how the game looks at max settings. Not that I would pit Crysis 1 against UC4. Crysis was head and shoulders over every game when it released in 2007 but it certainly can't compete with modern games anymore.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@miiiiv said:

Some really dishonest screens in this thread. The UC4 gameplay images were clearly compressed and some of those Crysis images looked awful, definitely not representative of how the game looks at max settings. Not that I would pit Crysis 1 against UC4. Crysis was head and shoulders over every game when it released in 2007 but it certainly can't compete with modern games anymore.

I can't wait until UC4 comes out and people take gameplay hud direct feeds. It won't look anything like the promo shots.

I still see how mad the cows get when you post 100% direct-feed post release PS4 user images of The Order,

http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1545/15455474/2869795-the+order_+1886_20150520151808.jpg

http://static4.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1545/15455474/2869796-the+order_+1886_20150520152307.jpg

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#418 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@RoboCopISJesus said:
@miiiiv said:

I can't wait until UC4 comes out and people take gameplay hud direct feeds. It won't look anything like the promo shots.

I still see how mad the cows get when you post 100% direct-feed post release PS4 user images of The Order,

http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1545/15455474/2869795-the+order_+1886_20150520151808.jpg

http://static4.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1545/15455474/2869796-the+order_+1886_20150520152307.jpg

I agree, the unscripted UC4 gameplay doesn't look that overly impressive. It looks good but I honestly expected a little more, especially now when ND has dropped the 60 fps target.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#419 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I find it humorous that you guys are still debating graphic capabilities when the thread title states that Uncharted 4 pushes "THE PS4" to new levels.

*sigh*

I think you guys need to remember that games are supposed to be about fun.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 RoboCopISJesus

@Telekill said:

I think you guys need to remember that games are supposed to be about fun.

Like The Order and Drive Club.

worknow222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 worknow222
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

Do we really need to take GPUking seriously? for years he has shot complete BS in an insane fanboy way. Why care what he thinks he's most likely a fake boy (which scares me cause either he isnt or for years he has put the role on for fun, issues a plenty It seems)

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By AM-Gamer

@RoboCopISJesus: You are an absolute troll. ND has already said the assets are identical at all times. You guys keep posting these pics of PC games and none of them hold a candle to UC4.

You go out of your way posting terribly compressed screenshots and somehow thinks that's how the game actually looks.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Nice to see Uncharted 4 still causing its fair share of butthurt like only a Naughty Dog game can do.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#424 RoboCopISJesus

@AM-Gamer said:

You guys keep posting these pics of PC games and none of them hold a candle to UC4.

Like uc2, uc3, tlou, the order, drive club, infamous, bla bla bla.

Your 100% loss rate must suck.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

@AM-Gamer said:

@RoboCopISJesus: You are an absolute troll. ND has already said the assets are identical at all times. You guys keep posting these pics of PC games and none of them hold a candle to UC4.

You go out of your way posting terribly compressed screenshots and somehow thinks that's how the game actually looks.

So delusional...

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

Here's hoping its not shit like the rest of the series.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 AM-Gamer

@RoboCopISJesus: Post me a link where I said that? The only game I really praised recently was Infamous SS and I am 100% correct in saying it's one of the best looking games around. GoW 3 and UC2 also have best graphic awards while all you have is salty tears.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428  Edited By AM-Gamer

@phantomfire335: Says the dumbass that thinks Crysis 2 looks better then anything on PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@walloftruth said:

Lol I see this thread is still going strong.

It will go until a pc game comes out that gives Uncharted a run for its money.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@Heirren said:
@walloftruth said:

UT, DX, and SC already do. Especially UC gameplay and HUD shots.

Again, we've heard this all last gen and all of this gen so far, and you guys have been dead wrong 100% of the time. Give it a rest son.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Heirren said:
@walloftruth said:

But Uncharted 4 hasn't even come out yet

MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#433 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

next level of 30fps can't wait...

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#434 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@phantomfire335 said:

And again, comparing bullshots and cut-scenes to cherry-picked in-game screenshots. Trying too hard to make your game seem perfect.

That's what Crysis looks like. Bad.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#435 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@leandrro said:
@Quicksilver128 said:
@leandrro said:

@Quicksilver128:

@phantomfire335 said:

I think Uncharted looks great but it lacks color correction. It affects its overall look.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

@AM-Gamer said:

@phantomfire335: Says the dumbass that thinks Crysis 2 looks better then anything on PS4.

Says the dumbass that thinks the order looks better than anything on PC.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@phantomfire335 said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Output resolution is worse but much of the assets far exceed anything on pc. I don't think I've seen such detailed character work on any pc game.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438 zeeshanhaider

@Heirren said:
@phantomfire335 said:
@AM-Gamer said:

Output resolution is worse but much of the assets far exceed anything on pc. I don't think I've seen such detailed character work on any pc game.

What else does it have apart from characters models? Nada, nothing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

@Heirren: Aside from character models, which I acknowledged look great, what "assets" are better than anything on PC?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@phantomfire335 said:

@Heirren: Aside from character models, which I acknowledged look great, what "assets" are better than anything on PC?

I'd say overall object detail. A lot of stuff that typically gets the typical feature upgrade of a graphics card seem to be hand done on the Order. Uncharted 4 is similarly impressive in this manner. Nothing looks very calculated. Also, the facial animation and the eyes. The eyes in particular almost look like they were handled as a separate identity.

Some of the most impressive stuff in the Order gets overlooked because people will attempt to scrutinize an iffy texture here or there.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441 zeeshanhaider
@Heirren said:
@phantomfire335 said:

I'd say overall object detail. A lot of stuff that typically gets the typical feature upgrade of a graphics card seem to be hand done on the Order. Uncharted 4 is similarly impressive in this manner. Nothing looks very calculated. Also, the facial animation and the eyes. The eyes in particular almost look like they were handled as a separate identity.

Some of the most impressive stuff in the Order gets overlooked because people will attempt to scrutinize an iffy texture here or there.

LOL. Everything looks extremely calculated and baked especially in the case of Out of Order 800p. So again where's the 900pStation's Crysis 2 killer?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Heirren said:
@phantomfire335 said:

LOL. Everything looks extremely calculated and baked especially in the case of Out of Order 800p. So again where's the 900pStation's Crysis 2 killer?

You are misinterpreting. Calculated as in, say, an entire rock structure/surface being calculated by a computer vs being modeled by hand.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 AM-Gamer

@zeeshanhaider: Character models, textures, cloth physics. People will bash a sub par texture here and there but they are usually outstanding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@walloftruth said:
@Heirren said:
@walloftruth said:

In the graphics department? Because other than graphics and a hopefully good story UC4 doesn't seem to have much going.

It is one of the few next gen titles that appears to be pushing things forward. The animation system is an attempt at better combat. Momentum is said to play a roll in how it is being executed. Punches will land and react accordingly depending on force and angle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

@Heirren said:
@phantomfire335 said:

I'd say there are quite a few games that have great object detail/quality, I don't really see the order doing anything better. Same with UC4, great looking game but nothing stunning apart from the obvious animations and models.

And it's not that hard to overlook things in the Order with that film grain effect that almost hides the true appearance of a lot within the game.