Uncharted 4 pushes PS4 tech to the next level.

• 441 results
DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@tormentos: mario has been picking up turtles for 30 years yeah great physics.

genius Tormentos. Genius

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#202 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

I feel like Horizon is pushing the PS4 even harder for being an open world game which also looks as good as any linear game at the same time. But it does comes later than UC4 so it's understandable. The thing is nothing on PC looks as impressive as those two games, neither out or upcoming.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#203 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

I can't remember you posting your PS4 pics. And do you love when someone owns your ass every time??? Keep playing that "Lem" card dumbass. Your tears are delicious.

Now go ahead and prove me wrong. Lolmentos.

I could care less what you remember idiot,fact is i prove it already and what people vote here has little say specially when you defend the xbox one constantly on stupid thing which you shouldn't....

Dat classic lolmentos meltdown. You never proved anything. At least you tried to dodge the question though (self ownage). And I never defended Xbox One. If I did then prove it or STFU. Unlike you, some of us have real opinions that vary from situation to situation and are not tied to one piece of plastic. Lol corporate tool.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#204 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:
@waahahah said:

The limb damage isn't anything to be too happy about, its not exactly new or advanced. Those are more gameplay elements and not really technical feats. I still haven't seen anything in SC that has damage and physics for just about everything in a scene and can affect animations in a realistic way.

So u4 is impressive because of locomotion, just like SC has, but SC has body animation reactions to damage in specific limbs. That's however, not a technical feet.

yeahok.gif

Well, have we actually seen any of the damage modeling and how it affects the animations? We don't know, but UC4 reacts to damage it just doesn't actually damage the models after. This is a gameplay choice.

and I'm not sure if this has changed yet, it sounds like they are running into a lot of problems including gameplay issues... and it might not be apart of the release. These damage models have been done before and generally its not fun to play when hobbling around...

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/30/8871167/star-citizens-fps-module-delayed-indefinitely

What fps game? They really don't have that much out on the FPS module yet it's really hard to find examples of anything really.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@gpuking said:

I feel like Horizon is pushing the PS4 even harder for being an open world game which also looks as good as any linear game at the same time. But it does comes later than UC4 so it's understandable. The thing is nothing on PC looks as impressive as those two games, neither out or upcoming.

Color selection style reminds me of Bullet Storm with Crysis 3's nature scenes.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 DEadliNE-Zero0

@waahahah: The fps module's issue is mostly netcode. Also, CIG probably wanted to release it in a more alpha state like AC, but to avoid complaining, they decided to make more progress before release and take longer.

And you still don't seem to get the issue. The limb system is gameplay driven , but the fact is that each of the 10 body parts will react diffently to impact/damage/whatever. We've already seen the base model from previews and in fact, every preview turned out even more impressive during reval, like the ship damage model, which isn't even finsihed yet.

But that's off topic.

As i said, i fully expect the full range of aniamtions and reactions to be better in UC4, but only because of linear nature of the game. I'd say SQ42 will be a better comparison.

But now let me ask you. Does Drake react differently, animation wise, to getting shot in the lower leg? Or his upper right arm? Or his lower left leg? Because full body reactions are standart.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

@gpuking said:

Apart from Star Citizen, Squadron 42, Unreal Tournament, Deus Ex: MD, Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, etc.

Also, lets not forget about the inevitable downgrade this game will get since all those little gifs show in-engine footage.

The art style is great, but this game isn't as graphically impressive as quite a few games on PC.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 waahahah

@deadline-zero0 said:

@waahahah: The fps module's issue is mostly netcode. Also, CIG probably wanted to release it in a more alpha state like AC, but to avoid complaining, they decided to make more progress before release and take longer.

And you still don't seem to get the issue. The limb system is gameplay driven , but the fact is that each of the 10 body parts will react diffently to impact/damage/whatever. We've already seen the base model from previews and in fact, every preview turned out even more impressive during reval, like the ship damage model, which isn't even finsihed yet.

But that's off topic.

As i said, i fully expect the full range of aniamtions and reactions to be better in UC4, but only because of linear nature of the game. I'd say SQ42 will be a better comparison.

But now let me ask you. Does Drake react differently, animation wise, to getting shot in the lower leg? Or his upper right arm? Or his lower left leg? Because full body reactions are standart.

We are assuming they will be better than UC4 because currently they are not. The animation system does react to getting shot realistically. I'm not sure if drake does but t hats probably down to being a game play choice so it doesn't interrupt the player. The system is procedural that reacts with the physics system. If a character jumps off of something, he'll push that object back. If a character gets hit it has more points that react.

SC has 10 points that can be damaged. I imagine they have something similar to the UC4 for affecting animations which is more than the 10 points. From what I've seen out of both though, UC4 easily has the edge. Being linear isn't exactly bad, its scope isn't a corridor any more. It has an impressive streaming engine for the larger levels.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/uncharted-4-pushes-ps4-tech-to-the-next-level-32244121/?messageId=343602207&page=5#js-message-206

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQ_VJX0BNo

And you can't say because of the linear nature of the game. SC's FPS module is being made by a different team of people 100% focus on it. And so far UC4's environments are more impressive than SC's tight ship corridors. And I don't understand why people are impressed with the scope of the space sim. Its fucking space 90% of it is nothing. I'd expect the damage models on the ship to be above average since there isn't anything else that interact with ships on a regular basis other than bullets or thrusters.

I'd love to see more actual footage of the FPS module because everything I've seen up to this point doesn't seem like anything new really, or the technical aspects of it don't have as much of an affect. Both of these games are extremely impressive but what UC4 does well, no other game is coming close to it. Its got almost Disney level animation in real time that's completely affected by the physics system...

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: You do realize some ppl are smart enough to understand that just b/c you're not necessarily a lemming doesn't mean you don't hate the PS4.

The PS4 gets so much hate on these boards - a lot coming from the hermits. Since ALL the consoles are dealing with roughly the same issues....just at different degrees....it would mean hermits are scared of the PS4's popularity.

It's ok to be afraid.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@tormentos said:

Oh please saying a few comments to look unbiased doesn't change what you are.

The order looks bad yeah you are a blind idiot,is one of the best looking games on any platform including PC.

Your argument are totally pro xbox one almost always and you flame basically anything sony,worse you admit to hate cows and you single them out for things lemmings do all the time and i did prove that to you several times you are not fooling any one lemm.

OK so how about a few more where I say the PS4 won E3, My top 5 games released as of June list which includes 0 games for Xbox One and a post where I say Microsoft could charge $100 for the Xbox One and Sony would still win every months sales.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b

Tormentos can't read confirmed.......

@tormentos said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

. And before you even mention that "You said you hate Cows" thing, I have said dozens of times now that my problem is with you and not Cows..

worse you admit to hate cows and you single them out
04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium: You do realize some ppl are smart enough to understand that just b/c you're not necessarily a lemming doesn't mean you don't hate the PS4.

The PS4 gets so much hate on these boards - a lot coming from the hermits. Since ALL the consoles are dealing with roughly the same issues....just at different degrees....it would mean hermits are scared of the PS4's popularity.

It's ok to be afraid.

lol its not the PS4 that gets the hate its the over hyping fanboy's that over blow the PS4's abilities, games and graphics whoring.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 Mr_Huggles_dog

@04dcarraher said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's ok to be afraid.

lol its not the PS4 that gets the hate its the over hyping fanboy's that over blow the PS4's abilities, games and graphics whoring.

Is that why there are more negative PS4 threads than PC, X1 or WiiU?

You can't make user specific threads...so I don't know how you can justify your statement.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By 04dcarraher

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@04dcarraher said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's ok to be afraid.

You can't make user specific threads...so I don't know how you can justify your statement.

Pc gamers don't hate the PS4, its the blind fanboys that over hype the shit out of it and its games.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Mr_Huggles_dog

@04dcarraher said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@04dcarraher said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's ok to be afraid.

Pc gamers don't hate the PS4, its the blind fanboys that over hype the shit out of it and its games.

Dude....theres constantly hype threads about Star Citizen whenever they release a ship.

Many cows said that Godzilla game would fail.

-------------------------------

Cows = passionate aggressive

Lemming = passive aggressive

Hermits = angry aggressive

Sheep = aggressively on the bench

------------------------------

Lems twist shit and lie. FoxbatAlpha says the PS4 has no games and that shit is regurgitated on this board constantly...yet the PS4 has MORE games than the X1.

How is that not on your shit radar??

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's ok to be afraid.

I wasn't even talking to you. You should really stop stalking me son... It makes you look like a troll.... And afraid of what exactly? A piece of plastic? Get your priorities right kiddo.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 waahahah

@mr_huggles_dog said:.

Dude....theres constantly hype threads about Star Citizen whenever they release a ship.

Lems twist shit and lie. FoxbatAlpha says the PS4 has no games and that shit is regurgitated on this board constantly...yet the PS4 has MORE games than the X1.

All fan boys twist and lie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
@mr_huggles_dog said:

There's constant hype in this forum about uncharted 4 too, whether the thread is about the game or not, all you ever see is cows constantly talking about how it looks better than any PC game and then mocking PC gamers' "over-priced hardware". Nobody's scared of the PS4, most people are just sick of the over-hyping and stupid fanboy-ism that plagues many of the threads.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@Cloud_imperium: Actually....you were talking to me....you replied to me. Keep trying that "Look at me, I'm cool b/c I don't let anyone get to me and I call ppl kiddo" suave thing.

Then again....maybe you're a pompous ass and I just don't like that b/c you're the very embodiment of it.

@Cloud_imperium said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

I can't remember you posting your PS4 pics. And do you love when someone owns your ass every time??? Keep playing that "Lem" card dumbass. Your tears are delicious.

Have you learned to read yet???

You should make that "PC gamer of the year" thing an iron-on badge for your jean jacket.

I swear you post that shit constantly.

Yeah yeah....I know I'm a baby and crying and tears and all that crap - blah blah blah.

Yes you are kiddo, yes you are... Sssshhh everything is going to be fine.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@04dcarraher said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's ok to be afraid.

Exactly this. I don't see how anyone can hate the PS4 since it's the most powerful console, has better 1st party titles than the Xbox One and is the best choice for console gamers to buy multiplats. Certain Cows out there however, (Tormentos, m4dude/gpuking/giovela) will do everything they can to make the PS4 look good. They lie, refuse to listen to facts, twist the truth, selectively are unable to read and will name call whenever they are losing.

There are about 4 Lems, 2 Hermits and 1 Sheep that are active daily in System Wars. It's funny how Tormentos refuses to follow so many rules here yet he gets to decide which faction people belong to. Of course in Tormentos eyes, you are either a Cow or a Lem. Hermits are just Lems hiding behind PC, Sheep are Lems hiding behind Nintendo's first party games and Manticores are just closet Lems.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Mr_Huggles_dog
@waahahah said:

Right...but cows are just different right?

@phantomfire335 said:

There's constant hype in this forum about uncharted 4 too, whether the thread is about the game or not, all you ever see is cows constantly talking about how it looks better than any PC game and then mocking PC gamers' "over-priced hardware". Nobody's scared of the PS4, most people are just sick of the over-hyping and stupid fanboy-ism that plagues many of the threads.

So?

Hermits don't admit that PC is a platform of vastly different combinations of hardware and not all hardware is created equal. Until someone like me brings it up and proves that statement....then it's "Well...PC is for rich ppl...don't have the money...don't game on PC."

Hermits exaggerate, twist and lie just like the rest of them.

Lets not act all innocent here.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@GoldenElementXL said:
@04dcarraher said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's ok to be afraid.

Exactly this. I don't see how anyone can hate the PS4 since it's the most powerful console, has better 1st party titles than the Xbox One and is the best choice for console gamers to buy multiplats. Certain Cows out there however, (Tormentos, m4dude/gpuking/giovela) will do everything they can to make the PS4 look good. They lie, refuse to listen to facts, twist the truth, selectively are unable to read and will name call whenever they are losing.

There are about 4 Lems, 2 Hermits and 1 Sheep that are active daily in System Wars. It's funny how Tormentos refuses to follow so many rules here yet he gets to decide which faction people belong to. Of course in Tormentos eyes, you are either a Cow or a Lem. Hermits are just Lems hiding behind PC, Sheep are Lems hiding behind Nintendo's first party games and Manticores are just closet Lems.

2 Hermits?

You're out of your mind.

I get called a cow and I game on PC as well as my PS4....so whatever stat you have is completely fucked by reality.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 04dcarraher

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@waahahah said:

@phantomfire335 said:

So?

Hermits don't admit that PC is a platform of vastly different combinations of hardware and not all hardware is created equal. Until someone like me brings it up and proves that statement....then it's "Well...PC is for rich ppl...don't have the money...don't game on PC."

Not all cows are delusional..... only a select few. On these forums "hermits" in general dont exaggerate, twist and lie..... They back their shit up with facts that some dont like or cant accept.

There is a major issue with your idea about pc and pc gamers......... If your a dedicated or an enthusiast Pc gamer your hardware is up to snuff...... And it dont cost an arm and a leg.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 Cloud_imperium

@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium: Actually....you were talking to me....you replied to me. Keep trying that "Look at me, I'm cool b/c I don't let anyone get to me and I call ppl kiddo" suave thing.

Then again....maybe you're a pompous ass and I just don't like that b/c you're the very embodiment of it.

@Cloud_imperium said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

You should make that "PC gamer of the year" thing an iron-on badge for your jean jacket.

Yeah yeah....I know I'm a baby and crying and tears and all that crap - blah blah blah.

I was talking to Tormentos you dumb ass when you came in acting like his boyfriend. Stay butthurt though. Oh,,, and stop stalking me. Go on date with Lolmentos instead. Lol.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By 04dcarraher

@mr_huggles_dog said:

2 Hermits?

You're out of your mind.

I get called a cow and I game on PC as well as my PS4....so whatever stat you have is completely fucked by reality.

huh? maybe you get called a cow because your posts reek of bias towards and state idiotic things

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@waahahah said:

We are assuming they will be better than UC4 because currently they are not. The animation system does react to getting shot realistically. I'm not sure if drake does but t hats probably down to being a game play choice so it doesn't interrupt the player. The system is procedural that reacts with the physics system. If a character jumps off of something, he'll push that object back. If a character gets hit it has more points that react.

SC has 10 points that can be damaged. I imagine they have something similar to the UC4 for affecting animations which is more than the 10 points. From what I've seen out of both though, UC4 easily has the edge. Being linear isn't exactly bad, its scope isn't a corridor any more. It has an impressive streaming engine for the larger levels.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/uncharted-4-pushes-ps4-tech-to-the-next-level-32244121/?messageId=343602207&page=5#js-message-206

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcQ_VJX0BNo

And you can't say because of the linear nature of the game. SC's FPS module is being made by a different team of people 100% focus on it. And so far UC4's environments are more impressive than SC's tight ship corridors. And I don't understand why people are impressed with the scope of the space sim. Its fucking space 90% of it is nothing. I'd expect the damage models on the ship to be above average since there isn't anything else that interact with ships on a regular basis other than bullets or thrusters.

I'd love to see more actual footage of the FPS module because everything I've seen up to this point doesn't seem like anything new really, or the technical aspects of it don't have as much of an affect. Both of these games are extremely impressive but what UC4 does well, no other game is coming close to it. Its got almost Disney level animation in real time that's completely affected by the physics system...

The 10 points of damage are the limbs/areas. You can get hit and it'll detect anywhere. it's just that instead of an overall health system, like Uncharted, it's tied to different parts of your body that can sustain different amount of damage until their completly dead or bleed out.

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14318-Healing-Your-Spacemen

But i have a feeling that CIG will scrap that. They already said they'll apply the damage models to clothes, glass, etc. I could see it applied to the full body too.

Regarding your point about scope, just no.. While void space can be genrated in large quanities, the content inside each of them is handcrafted in SC. Planets, space stations, colonies, derelect ships, asteroid hangars, comets, asteroid fields, etc. Every objects, big of small, has to be calculated by the server and the local PC. Being it an orbital object, like a planet, or a random, free one, like a ship.

SC even has to create 1) a 64 bit version of the CRYengine to properly host all of these items in such large maps and 2) an instaning system to to make sure that if too many ships are on screen, your computer doesn't crash. If it was so easy, all of this wouldn't be needed.

And that's void space. Take all space locations and planetside zones and SC will, atleast, be has big has current gen open world titles. Again, that's minimum. This is one of Shubin's mining spacing in space: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huHLi2zVq0s

That's just one of many places in SC that you'll be able to walk around in, outside and inside. And i haven't even meantioned the capital ships, which are massive. So no. Between the many items in a star system and walkable zones, the scope is huge.

But that's not what we're talking about. Back to animations.

This is very simple. There's far more variables that SC's needs to account for.

In SC, Your characters 1st and 3rd person aniamtions are connected, otehrwise you end up with this in the game: http://www.hardbloxx.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Battlefield-glitch.jpg and http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_large/hash/f4/98/f4983ca8378866c53c39e9103ba375e2.jpg?itok=4I8u5XHA

While Uncharted 4 only has to concern itself with 3rd person view.

Star Citizen has prone positions, leaning left and right, the ability to drag yourself, etc. And if they don't create a proper skeleton, it'll glitch out, like it's doing now in the alpha and shown above. Drake's animations only need to account for a smaller pool of stances. And before you meantion the parkour stuff, let me remind you of Zero-G and hwo your entire body floats.

SC has animations for hit detection in different body areas, like i posted above. And you still haven't told me if Drake reacts differently to get shot in the leg or arms.

Locomotion is a normal factor. Has Chris pointed out in before, they even animate the natural reaction you have when sprinting. Instead of a dead stop, you'll have to carry some forward momentum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seD9YAtqZ0I&t=3m20s

And has i was saying, the system will allow animations to adapt to item interaction http://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Cargo-Interaction

"Make no mistake, this is more than just a system for picking up and putting down objects. With this process in place, we don’t need to create a unique animation for every single object in the universe; the game adapts to interact with what you’re doing, the way you want!"

Why does all of this matter?

Because ND only has to concern themselves with animating characters in perdictable locations and points in time. Ense why Nate hangs on to the truck in his stomach, but can't do it directly in normal gameplay. ND can control, to some extent, what characters will look like. That's why, from an artistic and detailed form, Uncharted 4 will probably be better than SC. And Naughty Dog's awesome talent.

But from a technical perspective? **** no. CIG has to account for an mmo with characters with unified 1st and 3dr person views, able to perform a wide range of stances, positionings, interactions and much more. This comes from both NPCs and other players. This kind of stuff is already nuts by any standart.

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

@silversix_:

That doesn't look like Gears 4 which is already looking better.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 waahahah

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@waahahah said:

No they all lie and twist, painting cows as "passionate" people that believe the universe was created 6000 years ago as "passionate". Look at shewjenga and tormentos... although tormentos might clearly be developmentally handicapped... I'm really not sure. I'm actually just genuinely impressed at the interactivity between physics, animations, and environment thats naughty dog has achieved. Yes PC has more highly detailed everything but it just doesn't have this amount interactivity. Hell I don't even think SC is all that impressive, its a space sim so 99% of the environment is... empty.

And I do believe uncharted 4 has won in this regard. You can take a game like gta4 and replace all the assets but it will still never look as good or as consistent as uncharted 4 because of the animation system naughty dog have worked on for the past like 10 years... Yes assets make for good screen shots. But SC's environment doesn't even look that much better than x-rebirths, flying by the asteroids they are still pretty crappy in SC. And there is tons of pop in in SC...

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Mr_Huggles_dog

@Cloud_imperium said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

I was talking to Tormentos you dumb ass when you came in acting like his boyfriend. Stay butthurt though. Oh,,, and stop stalking me. Go on date with Lolmentos instead. Lol.

Awww....sweetheart....don't be like that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@waahahah said:

@phantomfire335 said:

So?

Do they need to? That's one of the main points about owning a PC, you can have whatever combination of hardware to cater to your needs. Yes not all hardware is created equal, you can have a PC with hardware that matches/just about outperforms a console or you can have a PC that's aims at playing the most graphically intense games at 4k/60fps or whatever. I'm sure you already know this though. If all hardware was created equal, then PCs wouldn't be that different to consoles in terms of hardware. All PC gamers acknowledge that you're more than likely to have a different combination of hardware in your PC compared to another PC.

And no, PC isn't just for rich people, but i agree that if you don't have the money to buy a gaming PC you probably should be gaming on a console (although in the long run, gaming on a console won't be that much cheaper to gaming on a PC due to sales and games being cheaper).

I'm sure you already know all of this...

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@04dcarraher said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

2 Hermits?

You're out of your mind.

huh? maybe you get called a cow because your posts reek of bias towards and state idiotic things

So the same can be said about ppl who post constant shit like "PC SCREENS AT 10K RESLOTION!!!!" and don't fill in the blanks about how you need a $2000 computer to do so or won't get that quality.

I say shit like that....you even admitted that just now....so let's not act like the things I say are idiotic.

Just b/c ppl have multiple systems doesn't mean they aren't biased towards a certain platform. Nyadc and lostrib supposedly have multiple systems...yet they both are biased towards PC and Nyadc constantly hates on the PS4.

2 hermits??

-DeadZero

-Cloud Imperium

-Lostrib

-Nyadc

-Lawlessx

-YOU

*Edit* - MBirdy is another...that 7 off the top of my head

*Edit* -God- is another...that's 8 off the top of my head5

Thats 6 off the top of my head. All ppl who are biased towards PC not to mention the countless PC gamers that aren't regulars but post often.

You don't think you're biased?

You're actually saying PC fanboys are honest and the only fanboys on these boards to be boy scouts....that in and of itself is a the definition of what I'm talking about.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By 04dcarraher

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So the same can be said about ppl who post constant shit like "PC SCREENS AT 10K RESLOTION!!!!" and don't fill in the blanks about how you need a $2000 computer to do so or won't get that quality.

I say shit like that....you even admitted that just now....so let's not act like the things I say are idiotic.

Just b/c ppl have multiple systems doesn't mean they aren't biased towards a certain platform. Nyadc and lostrib supposedly have multiple systems...yet they both are biased towards PC and Nyadc constantly hates on the PS4.

2 hermits??

-DeadZero

-Cloud Imperium

-Lostrib

-Nyadc

-Lawlessx

-YOU

*Edit* - MBirdy is another...that 7 off the top of my head

*Edit* -God- is another...that's 8 off the top of my head5

Thats 6 off the top of my head. All ppl who are biased towards PC not to mention the countless PC gamers that aren't regulars but post often.

You don't think you're biased?

You're actually saying PC fanboys are honest and the only fanboys on these boards to be boy scouts....that in and of itself is a the definition of what I'm talking about.

lol, On these forums "hermits" in general dont exaggerate, but their are a few who brag, but thing is that they aren't lying, twisting facts to prove things. Fact is its possible to do the 4k resolutions who cares how much.... It their money they can spend how they want.

lol if you think @nyadc is hating on PS4 you clearly blind to what is going on. You have ignorant people ie delusional cows praising, hyping and lying about their favorite system that struggles achieving basic standards that he holds and others for set standards .

Their is a difference in being bias and correct and then being bias while being ignorant and delusional.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

Cows are easily the loudest and most delusional fanboys here, overhyping just about every sony exclusive. Sure, the ps4 could very well have games that excel at certain focus points, especially when the developers target 30 fps. Holistically though, the ps4 can never compete with the most advanced pc games.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 waahahah
@deadline-zero0 said:

The 10 points of damage are the limbs/areas. You can get hit and it'll detect anywhere. it's just that instead of an overall health system, like Uncharted, it's tied to different parts of your body that can sustain different amount of damage until their completly dead or bleed out.

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14318-Healing-Your-Spacemen

But i have a feeling that CIG will scrap that. They already said they'll apply the damage models to clothes, glass, etc. I could see it applied to the full body too.

Regarding your point about scope, just no.. While void space can be genrated in large quanities, the content inside each of them is handcrafted in SC. Planets, space stations, colonies, derelect ships, asteroid hangars, comets, asteroid fields, etc. Every objects, big of small, has to be calculated by the server and the local PC. Being it an orbital object, like a planet, or a random, free one, like a ship.

This isn't new though, and UC4 is a gameplay choice.

@deadline-zero0 said:

SC even has to create 1) a 64 bit version of the CRYengine to properly host all of these items in such large maps and 2) an instaning system to to make sure that if too many ships are on screen, your computer doesn't crash. If it was so easy, all of this wouldn't be needed.

And that's void space. Take all space locations and planetside zones and SC will, atleast, be has big has current gen open world titles. Again, that's minimum. This is one of Shubin's mining spacing in space: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huHLi2zVq0s

That's just one of many places in SC that you'll be able to walk around in, outside and inside. And i haven't even meantioned the capital ships, which are massive. So no. Between the many items in a star system and walkable zones, the scope is huge.

Its not all hand crafted. Asteroids/Planets and some parts of systems are proceduraly generated. And you can tell because a lot of these environments don't look that great close up. And its not like a big metal box is really all that impressive. Yes it looks pretty, but it isn't exactly a technical marvel. We've scene things that are that pretty in like x3, hell the environments in star citizen aren't that much better. And the scope isn't any greater in reality. It uses a streaming technology, you can see this via the mass popin on asteroids in a lot of videos already.

Your mistakan scale for scope. The scale is massive, but the scope is not, it doesn't load everything in all at once, the environments aren't exactly super detailed. And from what we've scene with the FPS module, its not exactly a step a huge leap over every other marine shooter out there. In fact the physics in the FPS module remind me a lot of dead space...

64bit is mostly needed for scaling purposes, 32bit registers can't handle a planet vs ship size difference and you need the 64 bit integers to represent them. All you get is some extra memory after that, which UC4 is 64bit too...

And I don't see how this matters, there is just as much detail in a town filled with people if not more than an asteroid belt that's procedurally generated.

@deadline-zero0 said:

In SC, Your characters 1st and 3rd person aniamtions are connected, otehrwise you end up with this in the game: http://www.hardbloxx.de/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Battlefield-glitch.jpg and http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_large/hash/f4/98/f4983ca8378866c53c39e9103ba375e2.jpg?itok=4I8u5XHA

Star Citizen has prone positions, leaning left and right, the ability to drag yourself, etc. And if they don't create a proper skeleton, it'll glitch out, like it's doing now in the alpha and shown above. Drake's animations only need to account for a smaller pool of stances. And before you meantion the parkour stuff, let me remind you of Zero-G and hwo your entire body floats.

SC has animations for hit detection in different body areas, like i posted above. And you still haven't told me if Drake reacts differently to get shot in the leg or arms.

Locomotion is a normal factor. Has Chris pointed out in before, they even animate the natural reaction you have when sprinting. Instead of a dead stop, you'll have to carry some forward momentum. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seD9YAtqZ0I&t=3m20s

And has i was saying, the system will allow animations to adapt to item interaction http://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Cargo-Interaction

"Make no mistake, this is more than just a system for picking up and putting down objects. With this process in place, we don’t need to create a unique animation for every single object in the universe; the game adapts to interact with what you’re doing, the way you want!"

Because ND only has to concern themselves with animating characters in perdictable locations and points in time. Ense why Nate hangs on to the truck in his stomach, but can't do it directly in normal gameplay. ND can control, to some extent, what characters will look like. That's why, from an artistic and detailed form, Uncharted 4 will probably be better than SC. And Naughty Dog's awesome talent.

But from a technical perspective? **** no. CIG has to account for an mmo with characters with unified 1st and 3dr person views, able to perform a wide range of stances, positionings, interactions and much more. This comes from both NPCs and other players. This kind of stuff is already nuts by any standart.

I did tell you if drake reacts to gun shots, drake does not, but other characters do because of gameplay reasons. The animations are there but are used for enemies.

Predictable locations? Dude people have two arms/legs, being human is predictable. The animations are part of the physics system in UC4. People jumping off of the back of bikes will push the back wheel and the animation for the driver and the bike compensate. The animation system can compensate for stepping on a body and even showed characters tripping. And these aren't prebaked effects. So you're completely wrong. UC4 uses procedural animation for character models. And there's a lot of things that happen that the animation systems account for. There is far more happening in these scenes dynamically than any of the FPS segmants I've seen on SC.

And theres just so much more that happens with the environment you won't see in SC because the environment is made up of mostly asteroids, or stations/ships...

Zero-G? The demo they showed people bounce off walls like bricks. They aren't animating anything extra during "floating". There's no sense of impact or momentum which UC4 does have. You can see it during leaping from cliffs and landing or swinging using the graplling hook. Grand theft auto 5 has better Zero-G impacts (you can simulate zerog by falling). It uses a cross between procedural generation and ragdalls.

I'd just like to say, Zero-G isn't "floating", its experience zero force on your body. If you free fall, you don't experience any force, if you're sitting in a chair, your experiencing 1G. Animating ZeroG is really easy. Since I mentioned GTA5, the engine will use a animation frame as a reference, so when falling and tumbling, your character model will experience forces which the rag doll will simulate. The difference is it will procedully try to animate your character back to a particular frame. SC has the floating frame, but when hitting a wall there's no impact or ragdoll affect, and no animation to reset back to the initial position.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@waahahah said:
@jereb31 said:
@waahahah said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@tormentos: I'm talking about ground physics you idiot.

Can you pick up objects in the environment like in SC? no? didn't think so. Objects are fully rendered has physics items in the game. Deflating rice bags? Not only do those exist in SC, but you can actually interact with them, pick them up, toss them around and they react to gravity, or lack thereof, like you'd expect.

bu-bu-bu-bu-but my rice bag expansions,

you do know just about everything in the UC4 demos we've seen reacts to physics and are rendered? Everything has a weight, even the animation system is so advanced that the characters can stumble over objects in the scene, or when the enemies jump off the back of the bikes they push the bikes and you can see the backs slide while the drivers compensate. The rice bags use a fluid deformation technique since they aren't doing every grain of rice in the physics system when the rice bags get shot, but the rice pours out of them like a fluid.

The only thing that PC games will have on UC4 currently are super detailed assets, but UC4 is still a technical marvel.

Mmmm, not sure if technical marvel is the word I would use. Probably really good for being on console is more appropriate. In game physics has been around for a long time now, Half Life 2 had a pretty good physics engine with weighted objects, then gary's mod just went nuts with that.

Your forgetting the animations, the physics system affects the animations. For instance half life 2 had physics, but it didn't have the destructible environments and an animation system that reacted to physics and objects.

I don't see why they both can't be technical marvels, SC has some great things, but doesn't match what UC4 is doing in some areas.

Red Faction was out in 2001 and had a fully destructable environment, more so than anything UC4 has, Crysis was quite destrucable when it came to buildings as well.

The change in animation is a nice feature but it's not really that technically impressive.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:
@04dcarraher said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

It's ok to be afraid.

Dont forget manticores like me.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 waahahah

@jereb31 said:
@waahahah said:
@jereb31 said:
@waahahah said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@tormentos: I'm talking about ground physics you idiot.

Can you pick up objects in the environment like in SC? no? didn't think so. Objects are fully rendered has physics items in the game. Deflating rice bags? Not only do those exist in SC, but you can actually interact with them, pick them up, toss them around and they react to gravity, or lack thereof, like you'd expect.

bu-bu-bu-bu-but my rice bag expansions,

you do know just about everything in the UC4 demos we've seen reacts to physics and are rendered? Everything has a weight, even the animation system is so advanced that the characters can stumble over objects in the scene, or when the enemies jump off the back of the bikes they push the bikes and you can see the backs slide while the drivers compensate. The rice bags use a fluid deformation technique since they aren't doing every grain of rice in the physics system when the rice bags get shot, but the rice pours out of them like a fluid.

The only thing that PC games will have on UC4 currently are super detailed assets, but UC4 is still a technical marvel.

Mmmm, not sure if technical marvel is the word I would use. Probably really good for being on console is more appropriate. In game physics has been around for a long time now, Half Life 2 had a pretty good physics engine with weighted objects, then gary's mod just went nuts with that.

Your forgetting the animations, the physics system affects the animations. For instance half life 2 had physics, but it didn't have the destructible environments and an animation system that reacted to physics and objects.

I don't see why they both can't be technical marvels, SC has some great things, but doesn't match what UC4 is doing in some areas.

Red Faction was out in 2001 and had a fully destructable environment, more so than anything UC4 has, Crysis was quite destrucable when it came to buildings as well.

The change in animation is a nice feature but it's not really that technically impressive.

its impressive, or we can look at SC the same way, its really nothing new other than an expanded draw distance slider.

I'll give merrit where merrit is due, the ship detail and destruction is setting a new bar in SC, UC4 character animation, physics, and details within the world are setting a bar.

And I won't purchase either of these games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@Heil68: Manticores are the "neutrals" I listed. You are a special case though I would say. If I had to put a "Tormentos Label" on you, you would be a Manticore hiding behind Sony. A few of us know you really aren't the raging Cow you appear to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@playharderfool said:
@Heirren said:

Damn people are still discussing this?

Sticky a thread, OFFICIAL GRAPHICS KING : UNCHARTED 4.

End of story.

But it makes people mad, even if it will be true when the game launches next year. It makes people feel cozy to say PS4 is a weak POS and UC4 looks worse than 2011 PC games.

in 2016 when all reviews call it the most impressive graphical feat seen so far in video games, system warriors will say how the industry is bias toward playstation and the reviewers have no credibility, tears, fits, my opinion over everyone yada yeda ect, it's how some people sleep at night.

But it isn't true.. These games are struggling running at 1080p at 30fps.. I don't think any one here is saying that the graphics are poor, they look great, like the majority of games coming out.. But to suggest it's the best looking game? Yeah no, consoles are extremely far behind now that entry level pc's are outperforming it in games like Witcher 3 already.. This doesn't mean the PS4 sucks, or other such crap, but people need to understand the reality of this kind of stuff now..

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@waahahah said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

This isn't new though, and UC4 is a gameplay choice.

Where did i say it was new? I'm telling you about it.

@deadline-zero0 said:

Its not all hand crafted. Asteroids/Planets and some parts of systems are proceduraly generated.

I know. Even then, CIG needs to punch in the numbers to make sure the spawn points are proper and balance it out for exploration gameplay. Still, other locations are handcrafted.

And you can tell because a lot of these environments don't look that great close up.

Yes, a massive game like this is more likely to have inconsistent areas than a perfectly handcrafted linear game. Crazy.

BTW, lighting isn't anywhere near final.

And its not like a big metal box is really all that impressive. Yes it looks pretty, but it isn't exactly a technical marvel. We've scene things that are that pretty in like x3, hell the environments in star citizen aren't that much better.

So the fidelity is pretty good, but not a technical marvel. Ok.

And the scope isn't any greater in reality. It uses a streaming technology, you can see this via the mass popin on asteroids in a lot of videos already.

Your mistakan scale for scope. The scale is massive, but the scope is not, it doesn't load everything in all at once, the environments aren't exactly super detailed.

Streaming doesn't invalidate the fact that the amount of content and flyable/walkable location is huge. Open world games are no different. So TW3 isn't big because it also stream the data in and out?

And not super detailed? yeah ok.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_star_citizen-26795-2615_0003.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_star_citizen-26795-2615_0001.jpg

http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Arc_Corp_In-Game_5.jpg?eaa32f

Ignore the aliasing. They're fixing it.

And from what we've scene with the FPS module, its not exactly a step a huge leap over every other marine shooter out there. In fact the physics in the FPS module remind me a lot of dead space...

Similar to how UC4 isn't any different from every other TPS? It's not trying to completly overall the genre. it's creating deeper mechanics, mainly connect to player death, to bring consequences.

64bit is mostly needed for scaling purposes, 32bit registers can't handle a planet vs ship size difference and you need the 64 bit integers to represent them. All you get is some extra memory after that, which UC4 is 64bit too...

The 64bit is SC's is for map size. The CRYengine is default 32bit. They need to fully reconvert the engine for it.

And I don't see how this matters, there is just as much detail in a town filled with people if not more than an asteroid belt that's procedurally generated.

Well yeah? It's an asteroid. Ofcourse a city is more detailed. However, all of Uncharted's environments are static, in that they exist for the current level. SC's planetside areas will have TOD, weather patterns and, if CIg can pull of the economy/AI simulator well (my most expectical feature), the npcs will react to work schedules and long turn economic changes.

Not sure about space locations.

@deadline-zero0 said:

I did tell you if drake reacts to gun shots, drake does not, but other characters do because of gameplay reasons. The animations are there but are used for enemies.

Predictable locations? Dude people have two arms/legs, being human is predictable. The animations are part of the physics system in UC4. People jumping off of the back of bikes will push the back wheel and the animation for the driver and the bike compensate. The animation system can compensate for stepping on a body and even showed characters tripping. And these aren't prebaked effects. So you're completely wrong. UC4 uses procedural animation for character models. And there's a lot of things that happen that the animation systems account for. There is far more happening in these scenes dynamically than any of the FPS segmants I've seen on SC.

And theres just so much more that happens with the environment you won't see in SC because the environment is made up of mostly asteroids, or stations/ships...

Zero-G? The demo they showed people bounce off walls like bricks. They aren't animating anything extra during "floating". There's no sense of impact or momentum which UC4 does have. You can see it during leaping from cliffs and landing or swinging using the graplling hook. Grand theft auto 5 has better Zero-G impacts (you can simulate zerog by falling). It uses a cross between procedural generation and ragdalls.

I'd just like to say, Zero-G isn't "floating", its experience zero force on your body. If you free fall, you don't experience any force, if you're sitting in a chair, your experiencing 1G. Animating ZeroG is really easy. Since I mentioned GTA5, the engine will use a animation frame as a reference, so when falling and tumbling, your character model will experience forces which the rag doll will simulate. The difference is it will procedully try to animate your character back to a particular frame. SC has the floating frame, but when hitting a wall there's no impact or ragdoll affect, and no animation to reset back to the initial position.

You keep going on the zerp-g when i was talking about to explain that in it, the bodies will to react to a full 360º range ofpotential objects. In gravity, you move in the XY zones but simply jump and fall down. In zero-g you can move and bump/grab on/etc to anything.

I still don't know how far the animation system in SC will for got this particular case, so i'll hold my tongue. And your complaint about the lack of aniamtions isn't a good one because they're all static CRYengine. Ragdolls where literally shown just a couple of days ago.

But anyway, i'm still trying to figure out what UC4 is doing on a technical level that SC can't.

- SC has to combine 1st and 3dr person animations, while mainting a smooth enough transition.

- The range of potential movement and stances is bigger, more complex and more prone to glicthes. Both in a gravity and gravity free environment.

- You can interact with objects and even other npcs/players (like dragging them, etc), and vice versa. So connected and reactionary forces between the player and the non-static gameworld are possible. The degree of how much remains to be seen.

An interesting example would be if even random bits of paper on the ground react to explosions and so forth, or might even be interactable. We know that chairs and the like do physically react, but can they be controlled? *shrugs*

But you keep deflecting back to those 2 example. Ok.

- People jumping off of the back of bikes will push the back wheel and the animation for the driver and the bike compensate

So what's impossible here that SC can't do? I already told that even the body's will have inertia to sprinting. If CIG wants to design that scene for SC (wouldn't make sense), the engine can process it just fine. My point about static is that there's no fear of a random car or airplane or whatever, coming in causing unpredictable situations that the AI must react to.

- The animation system can compensate for stepping on a body and even showed characters tripping.

Again, so what? I already told that your body reacts to static enviroments, physically rendered objects and even other characters. Hell, looking at teh grabby hands systems, you can probably grab a rope (if one exists?), have 2 players pull on it and cause soemone to trip while their sprinting. Same for bodies.

All of that is just ND's attention to detail. My points about scope are because CIG doesn't have time to make perfectly created linear, set piece levels. ND can decied everything. Time fo day, weather, number of enemies on screen, locations, everything. And then they can combine their tech and art design to make the impressive stuff you see.

If CIG only need to apply it's tech for a market place shootout, and static truck pursuit and cinematic camera angles for the final bike chase, their job would be far easier. But has it stands, they have to design their game for a wide range of situation.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 waahahah

@deadline-zero0 said:
@waahahah said:

Its not all hand crafted. Asteroids/Planets and some parts of systems are proceduraly generated.

I know. Even then, CIG needs to punch in the numbers to make sure the spawn points are proper and balance it out for exploration gameplay. Still, other locations are handcrafted.

And you can tell because a lot of these environments don't look that great close up.

Yes, a massive game like this is more likely to have inconsistent areas than a perfectly handcrafted linear game. Crazy.

BTW, lighting isn't anywhere near final.

And its not like a big metal box is really all that impressive. Yes it looks pretty, but it isn't exactly a technical marvel. We've scene things that are that pretty in like x3, hell the environments in star citizen aren't that much better.

So the fidelity is pretty good, but not a technical marvel. Ok.

And the scope isn't any greater in reality. It uses a streaming technology, you can see this via the mass popin on asteroids in a lot of videos already.

Your mistakan scale for scope. The scale is massive, but the scope is not, it doesn't load everything in all at once, the environments aren't exactly super detailed.

Streaming doesn't invalidate the fact that the amount of content and flyable/walkable location is huge. Open world games are no different. So TW3 isn't big because it also stream the data in and out?

And not super detailed? yeah ok.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_star_citizen-26795-2615_0003.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_star_citizen-26795-2615_0001.jpg

http://cdn3.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Arc_Corp_In-Game_5.jpg?eaa32f

Ignore the aliasing. They're fixing it.

And from what we've scene with the FPS module, its not exactly a step a huge leap over every other marine shooter out there. In fact the physics in the FPS module remind me a lot of dead space...

Similar to how UC4 isn't any different from every other TPS? It's not trying to completly overall the genre. it's creating deeper mechanics, mainly connect to player death, to bring consequences.

The 64bit is SC's is for map size. The CRYengine is default 32bit. They need to fully reconvert the engine for it.

Well yeah? It's an asteroid. Ofcourse a city is more detailed. However, all of Uncharted's environments are static, in that they exist for the current level. SC's planetside areas will have TOD, weather patterns and, if CIg can pull of the economy/AI simulator well (my most expectical feature), the npcs will react to work schedules and long turn economic changes.

Not sure about space locations.

You realize linear isn't an excuse, its still large, streamed fully detailed maps? Just like WC3 or SC. And there is excessively more detail so its not like their are doing less with the graphics. But when you scale things up and remove a lot of the environment but don't give back the same amount of details to things like.. asteroids when its one of most recurring environment set piece... you are doing less. I can't find anything on it, but I think those are static models. I've seen a few videos where people crash into asteroids and don't affect them. Pretty much all cover is fully destructible, that's including things like rocks. Flyable area is really easy to do though so just blowing up the scale and moving everything away from each other just means you only need to load details of things your close to.

Deeper mechanics won't always lead to deeper game play. Like i mentioned before other games have had individually damaged limbs but kind of suck. My biggest worry with SC is its an over designed mess in the end... and they've been selling people DLC for 3 years now...

Will have and actually having are to totally different things... Are planet side things even planned for the release? I haven't read too much on it so I can't comment too much.

As for 64bit, its scale that effects map size, 32bit would work with the amount of objects loaded in. But it doesn't work with the differences in plane sizes and distances between planets, and the size of a ship. The difference is bigger than 0x1 and 0xffff on a scaling factor.

And unless those cities are fully destructible, those will more static than UC4's city which is filled with destructible things. Do the cities have the same amount of model damage as the ships? Does that environment interact with charactor models? There's no mud so something like UC4 sliding in mud gets the character muddy and only covers exposed areas. For instance one scene you can see him pull out his pistol from the holster when covered in mud. But the areas the holster covered the gun was clean so only the tip/handle had mud on it. Or the fact that they even animate the hair to look wet, or foliage can actually get caught on actors moving through it and snap back more realistic. Its not just static detail, its details that are animated.

@deadline-zero0 said:

You keep going on the zerp-g when i was talking about to explain that in it, the bodies will to react to a full 360º range ofpotential objects. In gravity, you move in the XY zones but simply jump and fall down. In zero-g you can move and bump/grab on/etc to anything.

I still don't know how far the animation system in SC will for got this particular case, so i'll hold my tongue. And your complaint about the lack of aniamtions isn't a good one because they're all static CRYengine. Ragdolls where literally shown just a couple of days ago.

But anyway, i'm still trying to figure out what UC4 is doing on a technical level that SC can't.

- SC has to combine 1st and 3dr person animations, while mainting a smooth enough transition.

- The range of potential movement and stances is bigger, more complex and more prone to glicthes. Both in a gravity and gravity free environment.

- You can interact with objects and even other npcs/players (like dragging them, etc), and vice versa. So connected and reactionary forces between the player and the non-static gameworld are possible. The degree of how much remains to be seen.

An interesting example would be if even random bits of paper on the ground react to explosions and so forth, or might even be interactable. We know that chairs and the like do physically react, but can they be controlled? *shrugs*

But you keep deflecting back to those 2 example. Ok.

- People jumping off of the back of bikes will push the back wheel and the animation for the driver and the bike compensate

So what's impossible here that SC can't do? I already told that even the body's will have inertia to sprinting. If CIG wants to design that scene for SC (wouldn't make sense), the engine can process it just fine. My point about static is that there's no fear of a random car or airplane or whatever, coming in causing unpredictable situations that the AI must react to.

- The animation system can compensate for stepping on a body and even showed characters tripping.

Again, so what? I already told that your body reacts to static enviroments, physically rendered objects and even other characters. Hell, looking at teh grabby hands systems, you can probably grab a rope (of one exists?), have 2 players pull on it and cause soemone to trip while their sprinting.

All of that is just ND's attention to detail. My points abou scope are because CIG doesn't have time to make perfectly created linear, set piece levels. ND can decied everything. Time fo day, weather, number fo enemies on screen, locations, everything. And then tehy can combine their tech and art design to make the impressive stuff you see.

If CIG only need to apply it's tech for a market place shootout, and static truck pursuit and cinematic camera angles for the final bike chase, their job would be far easier.

The zero-g thing doesn't matter, even in GTAV the character models can react to 360... **** i don't know how to make the degree symbol, degrees, but they are constantly being pull into the ground, which the animations also have to compensate. UC4 does this as well as well.

Also i'm not saying SC can't do it. Most of the thing you listed are more of a target list. The FPS module they showed the characters had pretty stiff animations, didn't really react to external forces. They just aren't there yet, naughty dog is.

There will always be something that comes and does things better. Saying its linear isn't a good reason to dismiss the technical feats its achieving. Its like saying they focused on what they want to do and really did it well, but since we aren't focusing we are doing it better by putting more areas with less. Thats what they are giving up to put more in. But that doesn't take away from what naughty dog is able to do. And these aren't static calculations, they are all dynamic. Just because they can choose the time of day or weather conditions/camera angle doesn't mean if they want to make it rain the system won't compensate for that.

Also when i say detail, I'm not just talking about textures, I mean like all the little small things that get animated, or react to actors/physics that you normally wouldn't see, small changes to the environment etc...

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

The PS4 gets so much hate on these boards

That's because it has the most overhype and trolls by a large margin at this site. Just look at GPUKING and his 6 alts, suppaman, ps4nogames, tormentos, or hell even you (Cranler) and your several alts and proxy changing due to an IP-Ban.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos: Calling me a bot doesn't change any thing. Childish twit

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Cloud_imperium

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Awww....sweetheart....don't be like that.

Hahaha

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:
@waahahah said:

Yes. They actually are. Are you new to SW?

Which faction do you think propogated the whole "the human eye can't see past 30 fps"? Which faction says they have gfx-king with every new release, no matter how bad it looks? Which faction bashes Xbox for having 10% lower fps/resolution, but then say resolution/fps do not matter when PC's is 100% higher? Which faction only looked at awards, while their system was a distant 3rd place last gen?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:
@waahahah said:

Yes. They actually are. Are you new to SW?

Which faction do you think propogated the whole "the human eye can't see past 30 fps"? Which faction says they have gfx-king with every new release, no matter how bad it looks? Which faction bashes Xbox for having 10% lower fps/resolution, but then say resolution/fps do not matter when PC's is 100% higher? Which faction only looked at awards, while their system was a distant 3rd place last gen?

Yup. Cowturds are the worst. Far worst than a pile of turd.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@phantomfire335 said:
@gpuking said:

Apart from Star Citizen, Squadron 42, Unreal Tournament, Deus Ex: MD, Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, etc.

Also, lets not forget about the inevitable downgrade this game will get since all those little gifs show in-engine footage.

The art style is great, but this game isn't as graphically impressive as quite a few games on PC.

HAHAHA, er no.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

I bought a ps4 today. Now I see why it's hyped. It's a fantastic machine that is pretty cheap considering it came with 200$ worth of free games.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6183 Posts

@tormentos Your last response is exactly why there is no point talking to you. I suggest based on plenty of history of games being downgraded that you should wait and see before hyping it and your response is I'm DC until it comes out.

You cant except the likely hood even though its happened plenty times before.

Joke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

@gpuking said:
@phantomfire335 said:
@gpuking said:

HAHAHA, er no.

er, yeah.