Uncharted 4 (PS 4) VS Quantum Break ( Xbox One/PC ) Which game got better graphics?

• 132 results
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Uncharted 4 ( PS 4) :

Quantum Break (Xbox One):

Well? Will Quantum Break on Xbox One / PC eat up Uncharted 4 graphically for breakfast Warriors or not so easy this time? :)

Razik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Razik
Member since 2015 • 965 Posts

Those two screenshot were taken before the downgrades

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

PS4 hardware is much stronger so this isn't fair.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44061 Posts

Quantum Break of course.... X1's SecretSauce / StormCloud poops all over The Bore. :P

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

I'd say they're both evenly matched and excel graphically at different things, obviously the PC version of Quantum Break is going to be an arm and a leg above both the Xbox One version of the game and Uncharted 4.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Sorry indzman but I cannot tell you until I play these 2 games in the palm of my hands to go deep into this discussion. I'll get back to you when I play QB & UC4.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Comparing 2 unreleased games seems quite pointless, basing judgement only on what devs provide with their cherry picking? No point

Lay judgement after people have actually gotten to see what they look like in actual gameplay

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dynamitecop

@howmakewood said:

Comparing 2 unreleased games seems quite pointless, basing judgement only on what devs provide with their cherry picking? No point

Lay judgement after people have actually gotten to see what they look like in actual gameplay

Well Quantum Break is already being streamed by developers so we know what that looks like, looks identical to all the source material provided thus far.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

I'd say they're both evenly matched and excel graphically at different things, obviously the PC version of Quantum Break is going to be an arm and a leg above both the Xbox One version of the game and Uncharted 4.

For some reason they are not showing the PC version of QB yet. If we were to believe the looks of both games and go by the power analogy then Pc QB > UC4 > X1 QB. If pc version turn out to be not much of an upgrade there going to be a commotion. I don't know aside from obvious remedy class effects I find QB look very bland. X1 ROTTR and current UC4 looks better.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

Both don't look all that impressive aside from main character models. Maybe that's because I'm a PC gamer but seriously, QB looks too bland and gray, and UC4 looks a bit too colorful for me.

This screenshot looks pretty bad as well (from the OP). Everything a few feet away from the jeep looks flat and undetailed. People have to middle click those pics and look at them in fullscreen, they really don't look that good, except the very first screenshot in the OP, which is nothing but a selfie shot for Nathan and everything else is blurred out.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Why you take latest Uncharted pictures and from cut scenes against Break Xbox version, not PC version, and gameplay scene and oldest version?

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

UC4 looks better overall but both look awesome and easily take a dump on Star Citizen if anything

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

THOSE ARE ALL FROM DIRECT GAMEPLAY, NOT SOME CUT SCENES

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Unreleased game, haven't seen pc version yet

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@razik said:

Those two screenshot were taken before the downgrades

+1

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Thanks, added a pic from yours :)

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

THOSE UNCHARTED PICTURES ARE FROM MULTIPLAYER, UNFAIR COMPARISON

Also we all know uncharted Cut Scenes are ran in engine so your argument is void

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@gpuking said:

UC4 looks better overall but both look awesome and easily take a dump on Star Citizen if anything

Nice picture, shame that the actual game doesnt look like that anymore.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dynamitecop

@walloftruth said:

Both don't look all that impressive aside from main character models. Maybe that's because I'm a PC gamer but seriously, QB looks too bland and gray, and UC4 looks a bit too colorful for me.

This screenshot looks pretty bad as well (from the OP). Everything a few feet away from the jeep looks flat and undetailed. People have to middle click those pics and look at them in fullscreen, they really don't look that good, except the very first screenshot in the OP, which is nothing but a selfie shot for Nathan and everything else is blurred out.

Just Cause 3 looks better than Uncharted 4 as far as I can tell from what has been shown, it's not that visually impressive as an overall package, it seems to be the cut scenes where it prevails. I mean these screen shots are from a similar looking environment and I think Just Cause looks considerably better.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Having a graphics discussion on 2 games that no one has played yet LOL.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice

@FreedomFreeLife:

Unholy cow, QB looks a gen ahead of UC4 :P

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dynamitecop

@SecretPolice said:

@FreedomFreeLife:

Unholy cow, QB looks a gen ahead of UC4 :P

No it doesn't, I think it has more impressive technology and effects for sure, but they look about the same in terms of what they're trying to bring to the table.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SecretPolice

@dynamitecop:

Shudup ya mean ole party pooper. lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#25 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

Rise of Tomb Raider gets my vote.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dynamitecop

@Pedro said:

It's a good looking game sure, but it's got some dated looking aspects to it, specifically how non-complex a lot of the geometry is.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@dynamitecop said:
@Pedro said:

It's a good looking game sure, but it's got some dated looking aspects to it, specifically how non-complex a lot of the geometry is.

And its going to be different with these two games?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By dynamitecop

@Pedro said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Pedro said:

Most likely, due to the fact that they are not cross-generation developed and they're on new engines, I expect most things to be more complex. Rise of the Tomb Raider was a cross-generation game using a modified version of the same engine running the 2013 game.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@dynamitecop said:
@Pedro said:

Most likely, due to the fact that they are not cross-generation developed and they're on new engines, I expect most things to be more complex. Rise of the Tomb Raider was a cross-generation game using a modified version of the same engine running the 2013 game.

I am not going to make claims about games i have not played but being cross generational did not prevent the Xbox One and PC version from being noticeably superior. At the end of the day compromises are always made with every game regardless of the system. The aim of every artist and level designer is to make the best looking assets with least amount of resources. Low poly models are what makes 3d gaming possible, pushing more complexity that is not discernible is a waste of resources yet I see a few gamers that are bohered by this notion.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dynamitecop

@Pedro said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Pedro said:

I am not going to make claims about games i have not played but being cross generational did not prevent the Xbox One and PC version from being noticeably superior. At the end of the day compromises are always made with every game regardless of the system. The aim of every artist and level designer is to make the best looking assets with least amount of resources. Low poly models are what makes 3d gaming possible, pushing more complexity that is not discernible is a waste of resources yet I see a few gamers that are bohered by this notion.

Larger compromises are made when the game has to scale down to a system from a previous generation, you don't need to make excuses for it.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Let me tell you something about the Uncharted multiplayers. It is very well known that Uncharted games look a bit different in the multiplayer. The character models are downgraded, the environment arent as polished, etc. plus ND confirmed that they wanted the multiplayer to be 60fps so the resolution for the multiplayer is to be 900p.

Alot of people pointed out how downgraded the Character models were in U3 multiplayer. Thats something ND does for MP.... is it right? Im not saying so, but not only are you comparing MP screens from a BETA, we also know that SP graphics >>> MP graphics especially in Uncharted games.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Pedro

@dynamitecop You would have point if the two games were not very noticeably different visually from each other. But, the issue was more towards the low poly models than anything else regardless of the game.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Ewwwwwww....... that 900p crap. UC4 looks like shit during gameplay. No wonder cows don't post gameplay screens.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts
@dynamitecop said:
@Pedro said:
@dynamitecop said:
@Pedro said:

Larger compromises are made when the game has to scale down to a system from a previous generation, you don't need to make excuses for it.

For me this is the thing that impresses about UC4. Its not about a single object like say there cut scenes character models but its the whole scene. Its been hard to really judge this game as no one has actually gone hands on aside from the dev demonstrating live. I want it to hold on to that most graphics in a scene even if its not an open world game. I want the physics and awareness that seems to be attached to every object to hold. I want levels to be filled with physics base geometry work to reflect actual scenes. This really seems to be the aim for UC4 and I hope it holds, they shouldn't scale back because it looks damn good already.

whalefish82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By whalefish82
Member since 2013 • 511 Posts

Agreed. The distant detail in this UC4 shot is bang average compared to titles like Just Cause 3, where you can actually visit those far off places. The buildings on the right look terrible and they're not even that far away.

@walloftruth said:

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

Stating any of these two games look lack crap is ass speak and noone should practice that manner of speaking.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Uncharted 4 single player looks better. Desperate lems are trying to compare multiplayer screens to QB single player.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

QB graphics look better.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#39 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Both look amazing! I honestly can not tell which one looks better.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Uncharted 4 single player looks better. Desperate lems are trying to compare multiplayer screens to QB single player.

Only single player videos are dated. The more recent videos are just cut scenes. We can only go by MP so far and Quantum Break looks better in that aspect.

Either way it's best to wait for both to be out. We don't know what they will actually end up like on our TV's.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

You sound more desperate from your statement.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@sts106mat said:

you make terrible threads.

I concur.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

How about waiting for the games to come out?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#44 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts
@howmakewood said:

Comparing unreleased games has been the fun of system wars since forever. Once they are released all you have to do is watch digital foundry vids and other articles to find out.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

comparing cut scenes of anything is lobotomizing.

just confirming that they are "movie" games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I've seen some clips from QB that almost look like real people

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@razik: No they weren't. The jeep pic is from gameplay.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dynamitecop

@AM-Gamer said:

@razik: No they weren't. The jeep pic is from gameplay.

I don't think that particular picture is given the camera orientation.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@lostrib: I see what you did there.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

I just want to say they both look great. UC4 is more of a corridor 3person cover shooter with less options in terms of game play, so by default it really should look better, since it is less taxing.

Owners of either game are going to have a blast.