Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#202 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@bldgirsh said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I know what you're saying. But whatI'm saying is that the game at this stage was running on the PS4, and it was locked to 30fps probably because it's not stable enough unlocked at this stage. We don't know if they will manage it by the end of the optimization phaze, but that trailer being a locked 30fps doesn't mean it will be at release unless they say so.

We will just have to see.

Booo! This isn't uncanny trolling, this is a logical response. I want the old @scottpsfan14 back.

What? All I'm saying is that the framerate might be unstable when unlocked at this point in time so they locked the framerate to 30fps. Just because that gameplay was, doesn't mean it will be at release.

I wouldn't bet money on it, but lets see. More gameplay will be released in future so maybe things will change up a bit in the framerate department.

I was saying, that you make a great point. =p

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#203 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

...whatI'm saying is that the game at this stage was running on the PS4

How do you know that for sure?

BigDreaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By BigDreaming
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Looks beautiful but I have to point out like above that the bullshit reveal trailer that cows were hyping (in game, in engine, on PS4 @1080p/60fps was complete bullshit)

Now it looks like they finally have a contender with Ryse: Son of Rome (two years later by the time this releases)

BUT, overall seems like a nice game, a little too corridor path for me but overall seems nice.

Look at the comparison shots in this thread. The gameplay actually looks fairly close to the intial reveal trailer. The ONLY thing being that this gameplay isnt 60fps...YET. Remember this is a PRE-ALPHA build. Did you know Last of Us Remastered was running at 15fps a month before release and it eventually got to 60fps. So the fact U4 is already at a smooth 30fps this early is a good sign. More optimizations are to come.

Bitter but hurt xbots are so quick to try and have that "got'cha moment" with this. Its freaking out with no logic or reason. Uncharted 4 is causing xbots to have literal mental breakdowns. Says it all. Its amazing.

Also LOL at even mentioning Ryse. Killzone and Infamous already look better than Ryse. Uncharted is another level graphically and ITS FAR FAR MORE OPEN and dynamic.

One last thing, speaking in general now, re: the posts saying it was "linear" or too much like a "corridor." WHAT gameplay were you "people" watching? Did you not see the HUGE MAP SIZE, the vertacility, many different flanks/routes to take/many options of attack to take?

My god, this thread proves the Uncharted haters/Playstation haters are legit NUT JOBS. I will quote 2 more posts proving that assertion:

@smashed_pinata said:

What now cows? Where is the mind-blowing, generational defining game you promised we would see? Smfh.

A few things: The game does look gorgeous visually, no doubts about that.

But....it doesn't change anything about UC as a series. Gameplay looks stiff and clunky as it always has. Where are the improvements other than graphical fidelity? Everyone says that "a more powerful console means better everything! Not just graphics!" Well where is it? Where is the better AI? Where is the better story? Where is the better gameplay?

The problem with this trailer is that it's so contrived and setup to specifically showcase the visuals, and nothing else. The visuals are the focus. That's not what a game is about! It shows that by panning to the mountains in the distance, moving upwards just before drake makes a jump, etc. I will bet you that you won't be able to do half the things he did in the trailer.

Come on ND, step yo game up.....this is boring.

@Motokid6 said:

@brodudeo: It looked one big scripted event settle down. I bet it took a whopping two buttons to initiate those "combos".

And boom! There you go. Case adjourned.

Smashed_pinata pinata,

WATCH the gameplay video. It SHOWS off the improved AI and improved gameplay that you were asking for. You either werent paying attention or youre an xbot with an agenda. Now its all about SUBTLEY downplaying it. Shill tactics 101. We see through it.

And to MotoKid6,

Who are you to tell him to settle down. I agree 100% with what he said. Im a real gamer unlike you and what I saw from Uncharted 4 is exciting me to no end too. He did a good job of detailing how and why the gameplay was so great

BTW, you have manual control of the grappling hook and what direction to swing in. The player had to manually line up with the enemy and than perform meele, press a button to grab the gun and than of course it transitioned smoothly to gunplay and run and gun at the players choice. It really is like "chaining a combo." And the player always had full control. Youre delusional. Blindly hating. Now I now to disregard all of your posts from here on out.

Adding more button presses just for the sake of artificial "complexity" doesnt = better or "omg more control"

The complexity or deepness we saw in the gameplay footage of Uncharted 4 was in the way you have options to tackle the level design or enemies and the tools you have to do so

You saw an example of that with that gif. Remember, that chaining of that combo only happens IF you DO IT. On another playthrough you can never see it if you chose not to pull it off

supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@supergokublitz: Butthurt confirmed!

Yeah butthurt over a game I may buy? AM-Gamer Retard confirmed! it's called not being a fanboy and looking at all games in a objective manner, you want to try it sometime and take off your sony rose tinted glasses

BigDreaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By BigDreaming

@funsohng said:

@brodudeo: Or I own all three UC games and frankly got fucking tired of how mindless it is? Do you want me to list the reasons why that video was disappointing for me? Or why should I, you are going to ignore it as some madman talking.

I like UC2. I think it has terrific level design. It has shitty story, character, gunplay, and platforming, but level design was great. But UC3? No. They did the same thing, and now, the novelty factor was no longer there. And UC4 seems to be even more movie-like experience.

And the reason I don't talk about Xbone games is because this is not a thread about Xbone games.

Who gives a shit if you "own all 3 Uncharted games." YOU can still absolutely be BIASED. Like if that makes you not guilty of bias convictions

Go ahead and try to list "all the things wrong with Uncharted" though. I will counter each and every point, and I myself will bring up legit examples based in reality detailing ALL the right things Uncharted does do and why its so great.....

Unlike you haters who can never back up your hater-filled "opinions" - All the people who do love Uncharted CAN TELL you exactly WHY its good. Theres a reason why. Because the gameplay is good. Prood is in the pudding from both sides.

And that gameplay footage of Uncharted 4 looked freaking amazing in the gameplay department too. If you claim other wise, it has to be said you dont like video games period and should find a new hobby

P.S you cant talk about xbone games because the xbone has NO worthwhile games to talk about. So instead you troll Uncharted or playstation exclusives. Really proves it all. Plaustation exclusive threads always get the most views/post counts. Playstation exclusoves truly are>>>>xbone exclusives

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

A very pretty, very choreographed gameplay trailer of a very very linear game series.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

This series peaked with Uncharted 2.

BigDreaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By BigDreaming

@ConanTheStoner said:

@brodudeo:

I own every Playstation console. I haven't owned a Microsoft console since about 2008. I have ZERO interest in purchasing an Xbone, it's not even on my radar.

The game looks good, visually. Definitely not what I was expecting from Naughty Dog on new hardware. They squeezed some amazing things out of the PS3, this just looks like a slight upgrade. Obviously we would see diminishing returns, but damn. I really thought they would be the first devs to show us what this hardware can do. Meh.

Let me stress again, it looks very nice. Just underwhelming for ND who just came off a gen of producing some of the best visuals on consoles.

Otherwise, yeah it looks like more Uncharted. That's not a terrible thing, they make some polished games. Just very simplistic and a bit boring. It's all about the spectacle for these guys. This is the kind of game I would borrow or rent for the weekend thrill ride. Some of us would like some more meat to the gameplay, but oh well. Time to shoot dudes in the face, do some crappy platforming, solve a pre-school puzzle, rinse and repeat between awesome set pieces.

Also, you should really just post on your main, no reason to hide.

Its funny, he talks about how trolls post their opinions on forums thinking their "opinions" matter and that people should care...than you go on to post your opinion that no one cares about. Newsflash: no one gives a rats ass about your "edgy hipster" opinions. Or any other similar "opinions." Unchated has MEATY gameplay(verticality+meele+gunplay+speed) and that all seems to be taken to the next level in Uncharted 4 (more organic and free flowing between each+way better stealth and more openeness etc)

So COUNT me in!!! I didnt replay every Uncharted multiple times for nothing. It was FOR the gameplay. And again Unchated 4 seems to be a huge evolution of that gameplay. So excitied!

Obviously youre interested because youre posting in this thread. You aint fooling anyone bra. We know you LOVE Uncharted. All the haters/xbots secretly love Uncharted other wise they wouldnt be talking about it and even devoting the energy to "hate on it"..."thin line between love and hate"

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#212 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Considering the console it's running on, it looks pretty good. Sometimes I think it's a shame that companies like ND have their very obvious artistic abilities cramped by being forced to only release on PlayStation. If they were allowed to do PC releases, they'd likely give Crytech a run for their money.

Gameplay wise, it looks like a standard issue Assassin's Raider with some extra animations thrown in, of course this was a well choreographed and practiced advert for the game.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

yeah not even close to the teaser trailer. other than the animation nothing about these visuals are impressive. and its now a 30 fps title. the order still looks nuts tho.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#214 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Brofist still thinks people care about his opinion?

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

I love Playstation but this looks better, and its supposed to looks even better once the newer SDKs arrives.

Loading Video...

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@bigdreaming said:

Its funny, he talks about how trolls post their opinions on forums thinking their "opinions" matter and that people should care...than you go on to post your opinion that no one cares about. Newsflash: no one gives a rats ass about your "edgy hipster" opinions. Or any other similar "opinions." Unchated has MEATY gameplay(verticality+meele+gunplay+speed) and that all seems to be taken to the next level in Uncharted 4 (more organic and free flowing between each+way better stealth and more openeness etc)

So COUNT me in!!! I didnt replay every Uncharted multiple times for nothing. It was FOR the gameplay. And again Unchated 4 seems to be a huge evolution of that gameplay. So excitied!

Obviously youre interested because youre posting in this thread. You aint fooling anyone bra. We know you LOVE Uncharted. All the haters/xbots secretly love Uncharted other wise they wouldnt be talking about it and even devoting the energy to "hate on it"..."thin line between love and hate"

Yep. nobody gives a shit about your opinions either, but you still posted. Welcome to System Wars buddy, where nobody really gives a ****.

You can call me a hipster all day, but most of the games I play are just as mainstream as this, don't really see your point.

And no, I'm posting in this thread because I click on every major topic I see. And yes, I was very interested to see how Uncharted 4 would pan out. Love Uncharted? Nah. Mildly interested? Sure. Compared to upcoming titles like MGSV, Bloodborne, ZeldaU, Arkham Knight, TW3, etc.. ? No, it's just an afterthought, sorry.

And again with the Xbot shit lol. I must be the only Xbot on Earth that owns all Sony consoles and no Microsoft consoles, so strange.

You think Uncharted has awesome gameplay? GREAT. Now acquire some taste and you'll be getting somewhere. Me? I've been gaming long enough to see through amazing production values for the average at best gameplay that lies underneath.

BigDreaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By BigDreaming

@M8ingSeezun said:

I'm a PS gamer and can help but feel a bit disappointing TBH. I sure hope this is an EARLY BUILD of the game. Because despite the HD look, the photo realism doesn't seem to grab me. The graphics look a bit washed out and Drake's face and the other character looks like something out of a neanderthal statue you'd see at a museum. It's just not good.

The only thing redeeming are the waterfall effects.

I love posts like this..

"Im a PS gamer...BUT....*than goes on to shit on it...or in many cases wil say "bu bu xbone is better"

That Microspft shill style of posting is sooo transparent

Saying Im a PS gamer doesnt give you free reign to be a biased asshole. Also dont be a coward, dont hide behind bs like that to spout non sense

Go ahead and bring up a console game that looks better. Exaclty. Xbots like you are so transparent

@cantloginnow said:

Well...this didn't go exactly as Cows planned.lol.

The game looks good.It is linear but games are.The gameplay wasn't great but it was good.I enjoyed the trailer.

Nothing about it was mindblowing but Cows are guilty of overhyping their games to extreme levels and bashing everything else so foolishly so expect the backlash Cows.

What are you talking about? Uncharted 4 looks amazing and seems to play even better

The ONLY "people" going nuts are you xbots trying to downplay or discredit the game because of jealousy or butt hurt etc

Only an xbot or a hater could look at that stunning dynamic open sandbox gameplay of Uncharted 4 and go.."looks disappointing...looks boring...is linear" etc

All the normal people are looking at those kind of garbage posts in disgust. Do you xbots even realise youre just making people love Uncharted even more

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#218  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

@speedfog said:

Same sh*t all over again, boring gameplay with good looking graphics (for a console ofcourse).

Also lol at the people hyping this 60 fps 1080p and on par with the trailer...

Exactly this. I hate the waves of enemies, in this little space sooooo many guys kept coming, now after this section there will be that little story cut scene with Drakes brother (or whatever), some platforming sections (which have been done to death with the parts falling and death defying last grabs), one easy puzzle sequence, then throw in waves of bad guys again. YAY GOTY right here folks. But lets all keep creaming our pants because the graphics look nice.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By m3dude1

@scottpsfan14: poly counts, lighting, shadowing, occlusion, asset quality....pretty much every single aspect

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#221 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@scottpsfan14: poly counts, lighting, shadowing, occlusion, asset quality....pretty much every single aspect

To be honest, you're just listing attributes without showing any examples.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

Sheer observation ≠ Fact

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By raging_user
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

Can cows tell which game is the yearly re-hash

imagine if a ubisoft game was given time, exclusivity, and linearity

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

All the Sheep and Lemmings pretending to be hermits just got duked! So glad I got a PS4 instead of investing in some fugly ass overpriced nerdrig, or else I'd be stuck playing late ports of Xbone duds like these fools LMFAO!

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts
@raging_user said:

Uncharted 4 looks dumb compared to AC Unity..... a fuksing multiplat for several gaming devices.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@bigdreaming said:

@funsohng said:

@brodudeo: Or I own all three UC games and frankly got fucking tired of how mindless it is? Do you want me to list the reasons why that video was disappointing for me? Or why should I, you are going to ignore it as some madman talking.

I like UC2. I think it has terrific level design. It has shitty story, character, gunplay, and platforming, but level design was great. But UC3? No. They did the same thing, and now, the novelty factor was no longer there. And UC4 seems to be even more movie-like experience.

And the reason I don't talk about Xbone games is because this is not a thread about Xbone games.

Who gives a shit if you "own all 3 Uncharted games." YOU can still absolutely be BIASED. Like if that makes you not guilty of bias convictions

Go ahead and try to list "all the things wrong with Uncharted" though. I will counter each and every point, and I myself will bring up legit examples based in reality detailing ALL the right things Uncharted does do and why its so great.....

Unlike you haters who can never back up your hater-filled "opinions" - All the people who do love Uncharted CAN TELL you exactly WHY its good. Theres a reason why. Because the gameplay is good. Prood is in the pudding from both sides.

And that gameplay footage of Uncharted 4 looked freaking amazing in the gameplay department too. If you claim other wise, it has to be said you dont like video games period and should find a new hobby

P.S you cant talk about xbone games because the xbone has NO worthwhile games to talk about. So instead you troll Uncharted or playstation exclusives. Really proves it all. Plaustation exclusive threads always get the most views/post counts. Playstation exclusoves truly are>>>>xbone exclusives

Why you should give a shit about me owning all 3 Uncharted games? Because that means I actually spent my money to buy those games, which means I'm more inclined to give a more objective opinion on the games rather than just hating on it. And why am I biased? I can tell you what UC2 did good, and I did. Why am I then considered more biased than Sony fanboys who worship the series and the developer? You are calling me biased, but you are not telling me why.

Let me tell you why i think Uncharted is an overrated franchise (not that you care, but you told me to)

• The linear cinematic gameplay that is trying to be Indiana Jones without exceeding it. UC's story looks good with one-liners, but in the end, it's trying too hard to be a film with too many formulaic setpieces. If I want to experience something like that, I'd rather watch The Last Crusade, thank you.
  • Drake's character is cliched, and does nothing better than its source of inspiration, Indiana Jones. Nolan North does his best to emulate Harrison Ford's charm, but in the end, it's an inferior imitation. Barely any wit that makes Indiana Jones such a joyous character to watch.
  • Rest of the cast (except for Sully and maybe Charlie) are also cliched as hell, and barely gets good lines.
  • Overlong platforming sections that are pretty much linear and requires not much other than pushing the stick to certain direction. And even compared to Prince of Persia (2008) which had miserable difficulty, it doesn't have that rhythmical charm to translate that simplicity to something worthwhile.
  • Gunplay is also stretched out (due to bullet-soaking enemies mostly), which makes action sequences almost excruciating since guns themselves feel sloppy due to lackluster sound design and kick.
  • The game features an adventurer, but is rarely about adventuring; it cuts most of the exploration out other than few collectibles that means barely anything.
  • Puzzles are infrequent and not that engaging (though that mirror room in UC2 or UC3 was pretty good)
  • Platforming animation, after 3 bloody games, is still jerky, which makes Drake look like as if he's being carried by an invisible crane. Older Assassin's Creed had much better animations when it came to platforming.
  • Stealth system is bare-bones but is given huge emphasis especially in UC3
m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 m3dude1

@FIipMode said:

@m3dude1 said:

the downgrade is incredibly obvious, to claim anything else isnt my idea of honest. im a huge uncharted fan and these graphics are very disappointing.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#229 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

That level of dellusion :D

Would help more if you knew about graphics in the first place ya know. But whatever.

The game looks fucking good and people are just saying it looks crap just because they feel compelled to.

They say "looks underwhelming". Okay then, show me something that trounces it. I'll be waiting.

And no cherrypicked shots to make it look bad because 2 can play that game.

Can i be honest for a second?

Check my posting history, Uncharted.....by far.....has been my favorite series on PS3, and that looks to continue on PS4

The problem here is that you and a few other well-known cows are just ignoring reality.....maybe because you feel you have to.

They game looks amazing on all levels, especially the foliage and level design. Looks far less strictly linear than before which i have been asking for.

But to sit here and pretend that there was no downgrade is amazingly delusional. Regardless of lighting conditions, time of day, mood, etc..........the overall image and lighting, textures, animation (especially facial) have seen downgrades.

Downgrade isnt always a negative as this (should be) is expected. All games go through it except maybe on PC.

Why are you guys defending that E3 trailer with your lives when you KNOW the truth?

I downloaded and watched the uncompressed 1.65 GB torrent file and that IS a downgrade. Does that make the game suck? Of course not

Does that mean it looks bad? Only a fanboy would say so. But wake up dude, the game was downgraded for the sake of gameplay, which is fine.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

It's a clear improvement over PS3 Uncharted. The last one I played was 2, so I'm looking forward to a new one, and the whip is a nice new touch.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 m3dude1

sorry scott, but unitys graphics are a good clip ahead

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

All the Sheep and Lemmings pretending to be hermits just got duked! So glad I got a PS4 instead of investing in some fugly ass overpriced nerdrig, or else I'd be stuck playing late ports of Xbone duds like these fools LMFAO!

lol looks like someone mad their game graphics doesn't look better than Ryse

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
@bigdreaming said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Looks beautiful but I have to point out like above that the bullshit reveal trailer that cows were hyping (in game, in engine, on PS4 @1080p/60fps was complete bullshit)

Now it looks like they finally have a contender with Ryse: Son of Rome (two years later by the time this releases)

BUT, overall seems like a nice game, a little too corridor path for me but overall seems nice.

Look at the comparison shots in this thread. The gameplay actually looks fairly close to the intial reveal trailer. The ONLY thing being that this gameplay isnt 60fps...YET. Remember this is a PRE-ALPHA build. Did you know Last of Us Remastered was running at 15fps a month before release and it eventually got to 60fps. So the fact U4 is already at a smooth 30fps this early is a good sign. More optimizations are to come.

Bitter but hurt xbots are so quick to try and have that "got'cha moment" with this. Its freaking out with no logic or reason. Uncharted 4 is causing xbots to have literal mental breakdowns. Says it all. Its amazing.

Also LOL at even mentioning Ryse. Killzone and Infamous already look better than Ryse. Uncharted is another level graphically and ITS FAR FAR MORE OPEN and dynamic.

One last thing, speaking in general now, re: the posts saying it was "linear" or too much like a "corridor." WHAT gameplay were you "people" watching? Did you not see the HUGE MAP SIZE, the vertacility, many different flanks/routes to take/many options of attack to take?

My god, this thread proves the Uncharted haters/Playstation haters are legit NUT JOBS. I will quote 2 more posts proving that assertion:

@smashed_pinata said:

What now cows? Where is the mind-blowing, generational defining game you promised we would see? Smfh.

A few things: The game does look gorgeous visually, no doubts about that.

But....it doesn't change anything about UC as a series. Gameplay looks stiff and clunky as it always has. Where are the improvements other than graphical fidelity? Everyone says that "a more powerful console means better everything! Not just graphics!" Well where is it? Where is the better AI? Where is the better story? Where is the better gameplay?

The problem with this trailer is that it's so contrived and setup to specifically showcase the visuals, and nothing else. The visuals are the focus. That's not what a game is about! It shows that by panning to the mountains in the distance, moving upwards just before drake makes a jump, etc. I will bet you that you won't be able to do half the things he did in the trailer.

Come on ND, step yo game up.....this is boring.

@Motokid6 said:

@brodudeo: It looked one big scripted event settle down. I bet it took a whopping two buttons to initiate those "combos".

And boom! There you go. Case adjourned.

Smashed_pinata pinata,

WATCH the gameplay video. It SHOWS off the improved AI and improved gameplay that you were asking for. You either werent paying attention or youre an xbot with an agenda. Now its all about SUBTLEY downplaying it. Shill tactics 101. We see through it.

And to MotoKid6,

Who are you to tell him to settle down. I agree 100% with what he said. Im a real gamer unlike you and what I saw from Uncharted 4 is exciting me to no end too. He did a good job of detailing how and why the gameplay was so great

BTW, you have manual control of the grappling hook and what direction to swing in. The player had to manually line up with the enemy and than perform meele, press a button to grab the gun and than of course it transitioned smoothly to gunplay and run and gun at the players choice. It really is like "chaining a combo." And the player always had full control. Youre delusional. Blindly hating. Now I now to disregard all of your posts from here on out.

Adding more button presses just for the sake of artificial "complexity" doesnt = better or "omg more control"

The complexity or deepness we saw in the gameplay footage of Uncharted 4 was in the way you have options to tackle the level design or enemies and the tools you have to do so

You saw an example of that with that gif. Remember, that chaining of that combo only happens IF you DO IT. On another playthrough you can never see it if you chose not to pull it off

Thanks Oprah.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#235  Edited By FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@FIipMode said:

@m3dude1 said:

the downgrade is incredibly obvious, to claim anything else isnt my idea of honest. im a huge uncharted fan and these graphics are very disappointing.

I don't agree, the character model is of the same quality, the cutscenes are just in different circumstances, water and time of day.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

sorry scott, but unitys graphics are a good clip ahead

Wut? You are actually saying that a multiplat game and a Ubisoft one at that is better than a Sony exclusive? Has this world gone fucking nuts?

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@raging_user said:

It's fun to cherrypick.

Those gameplay screens don't look a whole lot better than compare to that AC Unity screen.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

The Order is trying to be the PS4s graphical powerhouse. It's smart that naughty dog is aiming for something different.

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 raging_user

@scottpsfan14:

Watched for the first environment shot, sorry U4 is only next-gen at certain times

Give the fact that AC: unity is open world with crowd simulation, multiplat and it's a series rushed every year those pics look sad in comparison

BigDreaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By BigDreaming
@Opus_Rea-333 said:

I love Playstation but this looks better, and its supposed to looks even better once the newer SDKs arrives.

Loading Video...

Thank you for proving my point to a tee.

I feel even more vindicated!

That whole xbot shill style of posting..."Im a PS fan BUT..." Completely exposed!

Get Quantum Break out of here. Quantum Break is such uninspired linerar scripted garbage. The Order has better gameplay than Quantum Break.

Uncharted is on another universe in terms of gameplay and gameplay design (also still looks a lot better too) You need some sense slapped into you

@funsohng said:

@bigdreaming said:

@funsohng said:

Why you should give a shit about me owning all 3 Uncharted games? Because that means I actually spent my money to buy those games, which means I'm more inclined to give a more objective opinion on the games rather than just hating on it. And why am I biased? I can tell you what UC2 did good, and I did. Why am I then considered more biased than Sony fanboys who worship the series and the developer? You are calling me biased, but you are not telling me why.

Let me tell you why i think Uncharted is an overrated franchise (not that you care, but you told me to)

• The linear cinematic gameplay that is trying to be Indiana Jones without exceeding it. UC's story looks good with one-liners, but in the end, it's trying too hard to be a film with too many formulaic setpieces. If I want to experience something like that, I'd rather watch The Last Crusade, thank you.
  • Drake's character is cliched, and does nothing better than its source of inspiration, Indiana Jones. Nolan North does his best to emulate Harrison Ford's charm, but in the end, it's an inferior imitation. Barely any wit that makes Indiana Jones such a joyous character to watch.
  • Rest of the cast (except for Sully and maybe Charlie) are also cliched as hell, and barely gets good lines.
  • Overlong platforming sections that are pretty much linear and requires not much other than pushing the stick to certain direction. And even compared to Prince of Persia (2008) which had miserable difficulty, it doesn't have that rhythmical charm to translate that simplicity to something worthwhile.
  • Gunplay is also stretched out (due to bullet-soaking enemies mostly), which makes action sequences almost excruciating since guns themselves feel sloppy due to lackluster sound design and kick.
  • The game features an adventurer, but is rarely about adventuring; it cuts most of the exploration out other than few collectibles that means barely anything.
  • Puzzles are infrequent and not that engaging (though that mirror room in UC2 or UC3 was pretty good)
  • Platforming animation, after 3 bloody games, is still jerky, which makes Drake look like as if he's being carried by an invisible crane. Older Assassin's Creed had much better animations when it came to platforming.
  • Stealth system is bare-bones but is given huge emphasis especially in UC3

I will bite on your troll job regarding the Uncharted series up to this point (up to part 3)

Youre first two points were such subjective non sense I.e youre bias being exposed.

It doesnt matter that you bought 3 Uncharted games when you completely missed the mark on what they were.

They were cinematic TPS. You dont fault the games for being what they intended to be. Naughty Dog with Uncharted 1-3 did it the best too. It would be like criticising Skyrim for being open world. It's one of the worst laziest obnoxious "criticisms" hell its not even a criticism. Its irrational hate. (another one is Drake is a murderer or is cliche) Saying any of that PROVES you have NO REAL legs to stand on in your "criticisms" of the Uncharted series. Again, its just hate. Youre just hating.

When you look at PURE TPS games,

Uncharted through out the 7th generation had some of the best gameplay of any pure third person shooter out there,

Unlike the Playstation/Uncharted haters, I will actually back up my claims with legitimate reasons (Unlike you)

I present to you ladies and gentleman

Exhibit 1:

Loading Video...

Look at the way you can freely move upon the environment, from the ground or from atop vertically

You can take the high ground at any time to get the drop on ememies

Or you can sneak around and stealth kill Etc etc etc

Now here was that same segment but played differently

Loading Video...

By the way, look at how smooth and responsive everything is too. You can approach enemies how ever way you want to in levels like that, and in many other levels in Uncharted etc

Uncharted in those instances has the most sand box like gameplay of any other pure mainstream TPS you can think of.

You can stay ground level or go atop vertically, stealth or go all out rambo in style.

Uncharted has always had some of the best PURE gameplay of any TPS (especially part 2 and 3) Gears of War could never touch what Uncharted offers up in just that gameplay segment alone,

Nor can Gears (and Halo) get within even a fraction of touching Uncharted's cinematic gameplay , presentation, and story elements etc But wait.......

Apparently it was all just an elaborate illusion by Naughty Dog because random trolls on the internet say Uncharted is a QTE movie, is on rails, and has "meh" gameplay

So how is this even possible! Damn you Naughty Dog for tricking us into LOVING the gameplay in Uncharted! Bunch of level 100 wizards you are you Naughty Dog!

And now that gameplay is evolved and taken to the next level of next gen for Uncharted 4. The Uncharted gameplay ia much better and improved in every way with Theifs End with far more open-ness, its trade mark verticality improved to the tenth degree and much more dynamic-ness with far greater stealth and improves A.I

I cant wait. Uncharted 4 will be revolutionary in gameplay

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#244  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@raging_user said:

@scottpsfan14:

Watched for the first environment shot, sorry U4 is only next-gen at certain times

Give the fact that AC: unity is open world with crowd simulation, multiplat and it's a series rushed every year those pics look sad in comparison

AC: Unity was supposedly in development since 2010, with 9 or so studios working on the game.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

Can't even top a game a few years old that barely had a budget and a old build weren't you cows claiming it would be graphic king yet at best at ryse level

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#248 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

You know the game didn't live up to the hype when m3dude1 admits it's been downgraded, lol, cows got served.

It doesn't look bad but nowhere near the level cows were hyping it.

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By raging_user

AC: Unity had more development time than U4

ok

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@supergokublitz said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@supergokublitz: Butthurt confirmed!

Yeah butthurt over a game I may buy? AM-Gamer Retard confirmed! it's called not being a fanboy and looking at all games in a objective manner, you want to try it sometime and take off your sony rose tinted glasses

Coming from the retard who took a compressed screen grab with no lighting vs high quality screenshot with specular maps and direct lighting and then calling it "teh downgrade" learn basic knowledge of rendering techniques so you don't sound like a complete dumbass.

A image is usually going to look more impressive with direct lighting and wet clothes that that show off specular maps and detail texture work. Those things are still in the game they just were not in the shot you showed as drake was dry with no light source shining directly on him.