Uncharted 2 - the actual Halo killer?

• 185 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SuperiorSoldier
SuperiorSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SuperiorSoldier
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts
What's your opinion? The second game in the Uncharted series appears to be an epic adventure that is unexcelled this year. The critics have praised it to heaven. Not only does it have the finest graphics on consoles, it also has first-class controls and original gameplay. Consequently, it has received enormous hype. Perhaps the most hyped game since Killzone 2? Discuss.
Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Level one poster... *grabs popcorn*
DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DeadMagazines
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
You're fooling yourself if you think Uncharted will have 1 million users daily 2 years from now, much less have support from ND in 2 years..at least more than minimum support. But go ahead and think so.
TheCoreGamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheCoreGamer_
Member since 2009 • 767 Posts
after playing the beta i can safely say uncharted series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> halo series.
Meltedweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Meltedweasel
Member since 2009 • 489 Posts
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Until Uncharted gets 4 AAA games in a row and has one of the most praised and played multiplayer modes ever, nobody will class it as a Halo killer. CoD is the closest thing to a Halo killer in terms of fan reaction, hype and sales.
Meltedweasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Meltedweasel
Member since 2009 • 489 Posts
[QUOTE="DeadMagazines"]You're fooling yourself if you think Uncharted will have 1 million users daily 2 years from now, much less have support from ND in 2 years..at least more than minimum support. But go ahead and think so. SuperiorSoldier
You ultimately fail at posting. I'm talking about quality here, kid. Is sales the only thing Halo has? So that's why you only talk about it.

If sales was the only thing Halo has, then it wouldn't be critically acclaimed countless times.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts
Why does Halo need to be killed?
Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Wii_Gamer_277
Member since 2009 • 1795 Posts
Lets see it sell 2.5 million in 2 weeks :wink:
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Yes, a 3rd person action/adventure game killed an FPS series. :|
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Okay. Uncharted 2 has to now sell 2.5 million units in its first month in or its a failure.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

after playing the beta i can safely say uncharted series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> halo series.TheCoreGamer_

hm... you constantly bash the 360. i doubt you even played halo long enough to have an honest opinion on it

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Why would you call any game "The Halo Killer"?

Just why?

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Last time I checked Bub & Bob are the real Halo killers.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

[QUOTE="DeadMagazines"]You're fooling yourself if you think Uncharted will have 1 million users daily 2 years from now, much less have support from ND in 2 years..at least more than minimum support. But go ahead and think so. SuperiorSoldier
You ultimately fail at posting. I'm talking about quality here, kid. Is sales the only thing Halo has? So that's why you only talk about it.

So 10,6 million people were completely wrong about the quality when they bought halo 3?

DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DeadMagazines

If it can't outsell it, how can it kill it? If people aren't playing it, how can it kill it? The longevity of Halo is established, I severely doubt U2 will sustain it's community for as long as Halo can. Cows will just move from game to game, it's been evidenced already.
SuperiorSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SuperiorSoldier
Lets see it sell 2.5 million in 2 weeks :wink:Wii_Gamer_277
OK, you feel owned? This thread is about quality, and obviously, since you know Uncharted beats Halo in that department, you're beginning to talk about sales. Silly, helpless people. :lol:
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
What's your opinion? The second game in the Uncharted series appears to be an epic adventure that is unexcelled this year. The critics have praised it to heaven. Not only does it have the finest graphics on consoles, it also has first-class controls and original gameplay. Consequently, it has received enormous hype. Perhaps the most hyped game since Killzone 2? Discuss. SuperiorSoldier
LOL level one poster. We'll talk when UC2 manages the same kind of sales as Halo 3 in the same time or faster or if it gets better acclaim and all the lore surrounded with Halo.
ThatGuyFromB4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ThatGuyFromB4
Member since 2009 • 697 Posts

I couldn't stop laughing when you said UC2 has "original gameplay".

SuperiorSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SuperiorSoldier
[QUOTE="SuperiorSoldier"]What's your opinion? The second game in the Uncharted series appears to be an epic adventure that is unexcelled this year. The critics have praised it to heaven. Not only does it have the finest graphics on consoles, it also has first-class controls and original gameplay. Consequently, it has received enormous hype. Perhaps the most hyped game since Killzone 2? Discuss. 93soccer
LOL level one poster. We'll talk when UC2 manages the same kind of sales as Halo 3 in the same time or faster or if it gets better acclaim and all the lore surrounded with Halo.

OK, let's talk about acclaim, kid. 9.5 - AAAE. Owned!
Gamerz1569

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gamerz1569
Member since 2008 • 2087 Posts
Why bother with the term "Halo killer" ? You can't kill Halo -- or any game for that matter.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ogvampire

[QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"]Lets see it sell 2.5 million in 2 weeks :wink:SuperiorSoldier
OK, you feel owned? This thread is about quality, and obviously, since you know Uncharted beats Halo in that department, you're beginning to talk about sales. Silly, helpless people. :lol:

quality?

i guess you forgot that halo is a 'AAA' franchise

kinda difficult to discern quality when both are highly rated and its pretty much just opinion anyway

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DoomZaW

[QUOTE="93soccer"][QUOTE="SuperiorSoldier"]What's your opinion? The second game in the Uncharted series appears to be an epic adventure that is unexcelled this year. The critics have praised it to heaven. Not only does it have the finest graphics on consoles, it also has first-class controls and original gameplay. Consequently, it has received enormous hype. Perhaps the most hyped game since Killzone 2? Discuss. SuperiorSoldier

Halo 3 is a 9.5 and AAAE as well then, so according to your way of judgement, they are of an equal quality

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Wii_Gamer_277
[QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"]Lets see it sell 2.5 million in 2 weeks :wink:SuperiorSoldier

Last time I checked both scored AAA :roll: so your claim of quality is mute.
GreyFoXX4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GreyFoXX4
Member since 2008 • 3612 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperiorSoldier"][QUOTE="DeadMagazines"]You're fooling yourself if you think Uncharted will have 1 million users daily 2 years from now, much less have support from ND in 2 years..at least more than minimum support. But go ahead and think so. DoomZaW

So 10,6 million people were completely wrong about the quality when they bought halo 3?

Why isn't there atleast 4-5 million playing it a day then?
DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DeadMagazines
[QUOTE="93soccer"][QUOTE="SuperiorSoldier"]What's your opinion? The second game in the Uncharted series appears to be an epic adventure that is unexcelled this year. The critics have praised it to heaven. Not only does it have the finest graphics on consoles, it also has first-class controls and original gameplay. Consequently, it has received enormous hype. Perhaps the most hyped game since Killzone 2? Discuss. SuperiorSoldier

Keep it up, you'll have a long stay here I'm sure.
Avatar image for LegendofYaslint
LegendofYaslint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#28 LegendofYaslint
Member since 2004 • 2798 Posts

The PS3 is a very odd system for me. Out of all the games I've really enjoyed on the PS3, Killzone 2 and Uncharted didn't do much for me. they were great in terms of graphics, but both games are guilty of borrowing far too much from other games in their genres.

The thought the Uncharted 2 online demo was nothing special at all. Fun for sure, but nothing close to a 9.5 so I'm guessing the SP is where the game really shines, that or I just don't have what it takes to enjoy this type of game.

I just think games like inFamous and LBP are far better games, but they don't seem to get nearly as much attention. But the only games to get a 10 this gen i thought were overrated as well. There are plenty of 8 and 9 games I've had way more fun with than GTA4 or MGS4.

Still unsure what makes a game a "halo killer" anyhow. Sales? Reviews? Fanbase size? Online play activity?

I don't think anything will pass Halo in sales on the 360. If you count overall, then CoD4 sold more and was played more.

DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DeadMagazines
[QUOTE="DoomZaW"]

[QUOTE="SuperiorSoldier"] You ultimately fail at posting. I'm talking about quality here, kid. Is sales the only thing Halo has? So that's why you only talk about it.GreyFoXX4

Hey how come 10 million ps3 owners didn't buy Killzone or Resistance? I mean 1:3 software sales is easy to get..right? :roll:
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ogvampire

Halo 3 = 9.5 AAAE

you just owned yourself ;)

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Level 1 poster yeah, fakeboy oh ans NO
lxlHIMlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 lxlHIMlxl
Member since 2007 • 350 Posts

I'm being 100% honest here. I own a PS3 but i LOVE Halo. Its multiplayer was just soo much fun for me, I was very close to buying a 360. But i got a PS3, and until the Uncharted beta i still thought Halo was the best multiplayer game. But in all honesty Uncharted has one of the most fun multiplayers of any game (IMO). It could still have split screen online, but you got to live with what you have :/

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts
I doubt it will be the Halo killer... How many games have been the Halo killer before?
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"][QUOTE="DoomZaW"]

DeadMagazines

Hey how come 10 million ps3 owners didn't buy Killzone or Resistance? I mean 1:3 software sales is easy to get..right? :roll:

Because they did not have the massive marketing Halo 3 did.

Wii_Gamer_277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wii_Gamer_277
[QUOTE="DoomZaW"]

[QUOTE="SuperiorSoldier"] You ultimately fail at posting. I'm talking about quality here, kid. Is sales the only thing Halo has? So that's why you only talk about it.GreyFoXX4

Because there are OTHER games on the 360 :roll: PLus Halo 3 is constantly on the top weekly XBL player list,
SuperiorSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SuperiorSoldier
And don't forget Uncharted 2's 97 at Metacritic, much better than Failo 3.
ThatGuyFromB4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ThatGuyFromB4
Member since 2009 • 697 Posts

[QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"][QUOTE="SuperiorSoldier"] OK, you feel owned? This thread is about quality, and obviously, since you know Uncharted beats Halo in that department, you're beginning to talk about sales. Silly, helpless people. :lol:SuperiorSoldier
Last time I checked both scored AAA :roll: so your claim of quality is mute.

We all know Halo scored AAAE just because of the ridiculous hype it got. GameSpot didn't want Microsoft so be mad, so they overscored it. Otherwise, they would have given it a 7, 8.0 at most. But with the hype, no wonder...

We all know Uncharted 2 scored AAAE just because of the ridiculous hype it got. GameSpot didn't want Sony so be mad, so they overscored it. Otherwise, they would have given it a 7, 8.0 at most. But with the hype, no wonder...

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ogvampire

[QUOTE="DoomZaW"]

for all you know, they could be playing the campaign

scarface_dm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 scarface_dm
Member since 2009 • 1652 Posts

The only way this game would even be considered a Halo Killer is if it sell 2.5 milliion copies in 2 weeks, which is so highly unlikely its laughable :lol:

SuperiorSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SuperiorSoldier
[QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"][QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"][QUOTE="DoomZaW"]

Because there are OTHER games on the 360 :roll: PLus Halo 3 is constantly on the top weekly XBL player list,

Proof?
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DoomZaW

[QUOTE="DoomZaW"]

Roughly a million people are playing halo 3 every day, no game on the ps3 whether exclusive or not is experiencing that amount of prestige. KZ2 was even claimed to be the definite halo 3 killer, and despite that, it sold on an average scale, and the community is absolutely nothing compared to halo 3

Mr_Nordquist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mr_Nordquist
Member since 2009 • 1777 Posts

No, nothing is just going to come and kill Halo. Other games have been rated higher than Halo games, and yet Halo is still being played.

Not sure why people think a game is going to kill Halo.....

ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/halo3/index.html?tag=result;title;1

B-b-b-backfire!

Slywolf10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Slywolf10
Member since 2009 • 530 Posts

Nothingwill "kill" Halo. The only reason Halo might be killed will beif its quality goesdown and then it will kill itself.

SuperiorSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SuperiorSoldier

[QUOTE="SuperiorSoldier"][QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"] Last time I checked both scored AAA :roll: so your claim of quality is mute.ThatGuyFromB4

We all know Halo scored AAAE just because of the ridiculous hype it got. GameSpot didn't want Microsoft so be mad, so they overscored it. Otherwise, they would have given it a 7, 8.0 at most. But with the hype, no wonder...

We all know Uncharted 2 scored AAAE just because of the ridiculous hype it got. GameSpot didn't want Sony so be mad, so they overscored it. Otherwise, they would have given it a 7, 8.0 at most. But with the hype, no wonder...

Have you read the Uncharted 2 review? The reviewer LOVES it, and calls it an absolutely awesome game. Now, go and read the Halo 3 review. He doesn't praise it at all - just claims it's the epic ending and has some nice improvements and blah, blah. :lol: M$ obviously paid them.
ThePRAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ThePRAssassin
Member since 2009 • 1344 Posts

[QUOTE="Wii_Gamer_277"][QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"] Why isn't there atleast 4-5 million playing it a day then?SuperiorSoldier

Proof?

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/10/06/live-activity-for-week-of-sept-28th.aspx

Can you jump off a cliff now?

SuperiorSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SuperiorSoldier

[QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"][QUOTE="DoomZaW"]

DoomZaW

Roughly a million people are playing halo 3 every day, no game on the ps3 whether exclusive or not is experiencing that amount of prestige. KZ2 was even claimed to be the definite halo 3 killer, and despite that, it sold on an average scale, and the community is absolutely nothing compared to halo 3

Link? Where do you get your **** facts from?
DeadMagazines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DeadMagazines

[QUOTE="DeadMagazines"][QUOTE="GreyFoXX4"] Why isn't there atleast 4-5 million playing it a day then?TintedEyes

Because they did not have the massive marketing Halo 3 did.

Yes, marketing is the ONLY reason Halo 3 sold as much as it has. I didn't realize Sony was forbidden to market, and I didn't realize MS forced people to buy the game. Get real :roll:
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
There is no such thing as an inherently good game