UC4, not 60FPS.

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Although we are still in the pre-alpha stage of development, everything you see in the video is in-game and in real-time running at 1080p and a stable 30hz

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/06/uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end-first-gameplay/

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

We don't know what the final FPS will be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Wasn't it announced with a 60FPS target?

I guess they'll work on upping the frame rate later, but I wouldn't necessarily mind a locked 30FPS for this game either.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#4  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Sounds fine.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Why it looks liks Playstation 3 game?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: shut up

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

This is like the 10th PS4 game that was suppose to be 60fps but ended up being 30fps

Im just waiting for ND to turn around & say they went with 30fps because it was more cinematic, i had a feeling this would happen, think i might have even joked about it around here

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

No damn way they are doubling the performance now. It would take a damn miracle and if Sony is going to use miracles it should be to fill their empty bank account.

They will still string cows along until launch with the whole bullshit "target" of 60fps.

OR they will hit 54 fps in one scene looking up at the sky immediately after you spawn and call it 60fps through out the whole game.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I will get this game no matter what the fps is

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Sad news but its expected. With their focus on 1080p, it seems like the victim of this is the frame rate. PS4 games usually have pretty unstable frame rates anyway.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#11  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@Obviously_Right said:

We don't know what the final FPS will be.

You think they will improve framerate by a full 100% from pre-alpha to finished product? Think again. We might see some graphical improvements, but if anything that "stable 30hz" will be compromised to a mere "sometimes 30, sometimes 20".

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

No damn way they are doubling the performance now. It would take a damn miracle and if Sony is going to use miracles it should be to fill their empty bank account.

They will still string cows along until launch with the whole bullshit "target" of 60fps.

OR they will hit 54 fps in one scene looking up at the sky immediately after you spawn and call it 60fps through out the whole game.

Naughty Dog is made of miracles.

I stopped reading there, the butthurt was too much to handle at that point, I imagine it gets worse later on.

Anywho, enjoy your broken master chief remake. I can't wait to see Microsoft's Xbox Experience conference, oh wait, they don't have one? Huh. I would've thought that they would have something to announce. You know, when someone is being left in the dust they tend to fight harder to get back in the race. I guess Microsoft is just used to being last and enjoys receiving a nice whoop-ass on a per-generation basis.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

the dream is dead.

And even at 30 frames Drake didn't look as detailed in this gameplay showcase as he did in the original teaser.

Now I wonder how the **** the guys that made Advanced Warfare pulled it off. Because the game's fast paced, it's beautiful and the frame-rate is very stable, not completely solid but stable.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FoxbatAlpha

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I stopped reading there, the butthurt was too much to handle at that point, I imagine it gets worse later on.

Anywho, enjoy your broken master chief remake. I can't wait to see Microsoft's Xbox Experience conference, oh wait, they don't have one? Huh. I would've thought that they would have something to announce. You know, when someone is being left in the dust they tend to fight harder to get back in the race. I guess Microsoft is just used to being last and enjoys receiving a nice whoop-ass on a per-generation basis.

Wow you really eat up Sony's bullshit.

1. Microsoft doesn't need a out of nowhere hype building extravaganza. They just announce release dates through normal channels.

2. You act like the PLaysTAStaioN Experience was a win. It was lame and cost sony more money in the long run.

D. Just because Sony does something dumb you expect everyone to follow? Dumb

R. There is no butthurt since the reveal trailer was claimed to be "in engine, running on Ps4 in real time in 1080p/60fps" stop right there. lie and or downgrade.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

It's 12 months from release. TLoUR was running at 15 fps a few weeks before launch according to Corinne Yu. They'll definitely hit 60 fps on this.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

I wouldn't mind 24fps.

After all, it's standard fps for a movie.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@funsohng said:

I wouldn't mind 24fps.

burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

1. Microsoft doesn't need a out of nowhere hype building extravaganza. They just announce release dates through normal channels.

2. You act like the PLaysTAStaioN Experience was a win. It was lame and cost sony more money in the long run.

R. There is no butthurt since the reveal trailer was claimed to be "in engine, running on Ps4 in real time in 1080p/60fps" stop right there. lie and or downgrade.

1. I wasn't aware Microsoft had anything to announce, they've been falling behind in terms of quality first party content since...forever. As far as I remember they've been relying on third party bribes and timed "exclusive" content to promote their system.

2. It was 2 hours of games. It's only lame if you expect 2 hours of Usher which Microsoft will gladly provide you.

D. I wouldn't expect Microsoft to follow what Sony did, because then Microsoft would be doing something smart. That clearly doesn't go in line with their character.

R. The reveal trailer was running on PS4 in real time 1080p/60fps just like state. You mad?

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

If your "next gen games" aren't hitting 1080P/60fps then that's a poor show I think. I'd rather the performance than the shiny graphics.

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20  Edited By T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

@Gue1 said:

the dream is dead.

And even at 30 frames Drake didn't look as detailed in this gameplay showcase as he did in the original teaser.

Now I wonder how the **** the guys that made Advanced Warfare pulled it off. Because the game's fast paced, it's beautiful and the frame-rate is very stable, not completely solid but stable.

I don't have Warfare yet. How would you compare it to UC4 visuals based on what was shown today? I mean I've seen warfare and it looks great but looks can be deceiving once you fire it up in person. I only ask this question because perhaps the reason Warfare was able to hit 60 was because the graphical fidelity isn't quite up there with UC4. This leads me to believe that ND had to sacrifice a little FPS to achieve the visuals.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FoxbatAlpha

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

1. I wasn't aware Microsoft had anything to announce, they've been falling behind in terms of quality first party content since...forever. As far as I remember they've been relying on third party bribes and timed "exclusive" content to promote their system.

2. It was 2 hours of games. It's only lame if you expect 2 hours of Usher which Microsoft will gladly provide you.

D. I wouldn't expect Microsoft to follow what Sony did, because then Microsoft would be doing something smart. That clearly doesn't go in line with their character.

R. The reveal trailer was running on PS4 in real time 1080p/60fps just like state. You mad?

17. The reveal trailer was running in that just to get mindless fanboys to cream themselves. It worked didn't it? So it will be one more thing Sony doesn't relieved on.

u. You are still hung up on Usher? wow. I see what i am working with now.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

If the game si running at 30fps locked, or even worse, with drops to the 20s, there's no chance in hell the game will get to 60fps at release.

Not unless they downgraded the graphics, and even ND wished to do so, Sony would never allow it.

It's sad, but it was always the expected situation. Now just would like to see a DF article to see how locked or not the frame is.

@funsohng said:

I wouldn't mind 24fps.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

17. The reveal trailer was running in that just to get mindless fanboys to cream themselves. It worked didn't it? So it will be one more thing Sony doesn't relieved on.

17. Actually it was to get lemmings to cream themselves. By the sounds of it, it worked.

u. Why, how long ago was Usher? Microsoft's E3 conferences are all so forgettable that they sort of mesh into one forgettable concert every year. Forgive me for losing track of who performed in the most recent one. I'm sure it was a worthy substitution of quality games.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FoxbatAlpha

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

17. Actually it was to get lemmings to cream themselves. By the sounds of it, it worked.

u. Why, how long ago was Usher? Microsoft's E3 conferences are all so forgettable that they sort of mesh into one forgettable concert every year. Forgive me for losing track of who performed in the most recent one. I'm sure it was a worthy substitution of quality games.

No one sang at a conference since Usher. Plus you seem like you are so blind that Sony would win a E3 in your eyes no matter what. Their E3 sucked and having a guy talk about concept art for a comic for 15 minutes proved it. All filler.

8b. lemmings creamed themselves? Sony says one thing and then switches it around and lemmings cream? Yeah, ok.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

No one sang at a conference since Usher. Plus you seem like you are so blind that Sony would win a E3 in your eyes no matter what. Their E3 sucked and having a guy talk about concept art for a comic for 15 minutes proved it. All filler.

8b. lemmings creamed themselves? Sony says one thing and then switches it around and lemmings cream? Yeah, ok.

Last I remembered Sony's E3 conference made Microsoft's look like a joke, and they had the crowd going nuts over Playstation. I almost forgot there was a crowd in Microsoft's E3 conference.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Last I remembered Sony's E3 conference made Microsoft's look like a joke, and they had the crowd going nuts over Playstation. I almost forgot there was a crowd in Microsoft's E3 conference.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

This is all I see from your posts.

Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#29 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

I will get this game no matter what the fps is

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

60 fps only matters to console peasants when their exclusives or the version on their console is actually 60 fps. Otherwise, frame rate doesn't matter.

Funny thing though about how everyone was touting how great 60 fps looking for TLOU Remastered. Now all of a sudden frame rate is going to be irrelevant again.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Maybe you should go back to OT if that is all you see. The weak don't last here, especially ones that think a "Greatness Experience" is something special.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@XVision84 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Maybe you should go back to OT if that is all you see. The weak don't last here, especially ones that think a "Greatness Experience" is something special.

Nah, I like it here.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

well duh. sony has always favored how a game looks over how it plays.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@XVision84 Why you are consistently replying to a troll-baiting Alt?

I don't get it.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

If the game si running at 30fps locked, or even worse, with drops to the 20s, there's no chance in hell the game will get to 60fps at release.

Spot on.

If the game was going to run at 60 fps, they never EVER would have shown it at 30 like they did today, while announcing that it was running at 30. They were even careful to dance around the issue, saying vague things like "pre-alpha" and "still optimizing."

It's 30 fps, cows. Deal with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@tonitorsi said:

I don't get it.

I wanted to have a good old fashioned System Wars argument, they're fun from time to time :P.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@mikhail said:

60 fps only matters to console peasants when their exclusives or the version on their console is actually 60 fps. Otherwise, frame rate doesn't matter.

Funny thing though about how everyone was touting how great 60 fps looking for TLOU Remastered. Now all of a sudden frame rate is going to be irrelevant again.

Not just TLOU R, but UC4 itself. Rememeber the whole "amazing next gen visual that blow everything away at glorious 60fps"?

I bet neoGAF, after all the continous "Naughty Gods will show all these devs how to do 60fps by making use of the ps4" will magically turn into "30fps is fine".

You hit it spot on man. For console gamers, it's what the devs tell them it's fine. If devs sell them on 900pp 30fps enough times, they'll accept it just fine.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@Stringerboy said:

@funsohng said:

I wouldn't mind 24fps.

wooo is she from Big Hero 6? I need to watch that.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

What you see right there people are benchmarks of the game STABLE 30fps 1080p with that vegetation and fidelity it would be some massive downgrades to reach 60fps it looks great to me anyway but if anyone thinks this will be out next year is crazy.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@XVision84 said:

@tonitorsi said:

I don't get it.

I wanted to have a good old fashioned System Wars argument, they're fun from time to time :P.

Good old fashioned System Wars arguments died out after the #SiteApocalypse happened and fucked this place up with glitches and redesign failures mayne.

Time to give up the old habits bud :p

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

I'll wait to see if they hit 60 for the actual release before I bother reacting.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Sad.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

I'll take 60 fps thank you.... ND said they would do 60 fps, and thats what I'm expecting. The game only running at 30 fps atm is not alarming, but I hope they dont change their minds and, go back to 30 fps like the previous uncharted games.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Stable 30fps >>>>>>>>>>>>> ping pong between 45-60fps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@tonitorsi said:

@XVision84 said:

@tonitorsi said:

I don't get it.

Good old fashioned System Wars arguments died out after the #SiteApocalypse happened and fucked this place up with glitches and redesign failures mayne.

Time to give up the old habits bud :p

Old habits die hard ;).

I noticed a big reduction in terms of unions, did they all die out or something?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Stable 30fps >>>>>>>>>>>>> ping pong between 45-60fps

So FPS doesn't matter now?