Ubi is removing gambling, sexual, & violent content in R6: Siege due to Asian release

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

We are currently working towards preparing Rainbow Six Siege for expansion into Asian territories. As such, there will be some adjustments made to our maps and icons to ensure compliance. None of these changes will have an impact on gameplay. We have examples of these changes at the bottom of the blog.

A Single, Global Version

We want to explain why these changes are coming to the global version of the game, as opposed to branching and maintaining two parallel builds.

We want to streamline our production time to increase efficiency

By maintaining a single build, we are able to reduce the duplication of work on the development side. This will allow us to be more agile as a development team, and address issues more quickly.

We want to be future proof

Having the same people working on a singular global version of the game ensures we only need to do the work once. In addition, we can guarantee that any future changes are aligned with the global regulations we are working towards.

We will not change the core of the game

We have a commitment to ensure that the Rainbow Six Siege experience remains true to its roots. We are adjusting art and visuals, but are not compromising what makes Rainbow Six Siege the game you know today.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-337194-16/aesthetic-changes-in-y3s4

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

How is it possible to remove violence from a shooter?

Edit: Just clicked the link. That's lame. This is an M rated game for a reason. Not a fan of this kind of censorship at all.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

It will get a pretty bad reaction.(Similar to MK vs DC where Midway toned down the violence)

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#4 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Lmao. Seriously?

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kenshiro3948
Member since 2018 • 406 Posts

LOL Ubifail, I won't be supporting this trash. I'm so glad I never bought this game.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

How is it possible to remove violence from a shooter?

Edit: Just clicked the link. That's lame. This is an M rated game for a reason. Not a fan of this kind of censorship at all.

Yes, it's an M-rated game for a reason, and that M-rating pertains only to North America. The Asian markets Ubi is targeting? Completely different ratings boards for different cultures.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#7 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

It seems really bizarre to me that in the modern world government policy can impacted by superstitions

bizarre and also dumb

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

More cultural censorship and appeasement.

Keep it classy desperately progress-leftists.... f*ck your own cultural, just bend over to everyone else. for money or virtue signalling, its both shit.

kenshiro3948

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kenshiro3948
Member since 2018 • 406 Posts
@kali-b1rd said:

Keep it classy desperately progress-leftists.... f*ck your own cultural, just bend over to everyone else. for money or virtue signalling, its both shit.

This has nothing to do with leftists. It's just Ubifail being greedy and not wanting to dedicate resources to having two versions of the game.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#11 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

Isn't shooting someone inherently violent content. Unless they plan on replacing the guns with super-soakers. And even then, that pump action can be construed as sexual.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kali-B1rd
@heathen75 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

xD

@kenshiro3948 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

This has nothing to do with leftists. It's just Ubifail being greedy and not wanting to dedicate resources to having two versions of the game.

Yea in this case, I was just venting at both sources of cencorship.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

That's just dumb, I guess they think the Asian market will make up the fall from users in the Western market.

BlackBalls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BlackBalls
Member since 2018 • 1496 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:

Lol, wtf does this have to do with leftists? I swear Trump supporters are among the stupidest people I've ever met.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

This is a joke, right?

I mean you do know gambling, prostitution and violence are much more commonplace in Asia, than they are in Europe or USA.

Also, look at action movies imported from Asia. They've got much more violence, gambling and prostitution in them than most hollywood blockbusters put together! This means censureship of entertainment is much less severe there as it is in Europe/USA.

So, obvious joke topic.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kali-B1rd
@blackballs said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Lol, wtf does this have to do with leftists? I swear Trump supporters are among the stupidest people I've ever met.

Not a trump supporter, just a centralist.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:
@blackballs said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Not everyone's a Trump supporter in the U.S guys. Stop accusing U.S GS users.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kali-B1rd
@davillain- said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@blackballs said:
@kali-b1rd said:

To top it off I'm British :D

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

It’s funny about censorship, right? It seems like a good idea to some. Right up to the point where it infringes on your own life. Then it’s a problem.

Here’s an idea—let the free market of ideology pick and choose what stays and what goes. Learn to entertain ideas, understanding that you don’t need to embrace them.

It’s so simple.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:
@blackballs said:
@kali-b1rd said:

The whole irony of this is that everyone was fine with the violence, it's the other culture that has the problem. This has nothing to do with Western politics at all.

If you're going to blame something, blame capitalism and greed. R6 is one of the most successful games out there right now, selling multiple seasons worth of DLC in addition to base games; but apparently, that wasn't enough.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:

xD

@kenshiro3948 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Yeah in this case, you don't know what you're talking about.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Asian market?...lol call it what it is...China market...that's what they are trying to get in. Soon enough you will be playing Wolf Warrior..lol..

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kali-B1rd
@X_CAPCOM_X said:
@kali-b1rd said:

xD

@kenshiro3948 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

You sound upset.

Can't help it if censorship is a big part of the left.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#27 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@boycie:

About time. Violence shouldn't be glorified in general. Glad to see Ubisoft is keeping up with the times

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kali-B1rd
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@boycie:

About time. Violence shouldn't be glorified in general. Glad to see Ubisoft is keeping up with the times

What should be glorified that could be competitive then? I am curious here. I want to know what you would replace the "violence" aspect with? hugs?

Which leads me to point you in Musical Macs direction:

@musicalmac said:

It’s funny about censorship, right? It seems like a good idea to some. Right up to the point where it infringes on your own life. Then it’s a problem.

Here’s an idea—let the free market of ideology pick and choose what stays and what goes. Learn to entertain ideas, understanding that you don’t need to embrace them.

It’s so simple.

If I wanted to use his example, relating it personally to you.

Your avatar looks like a game advertised on steam Neptunia?

Talk to a person on the street that thinks things should not be "glorified" and show them the google image I found by typing "Neptunia Scene" ... which looks like a bunch of clearly 14-15 year olds showering naked together. Yea you can't see the genitals or the nipples but we all know what this scene is intended for (the big steam bath Japanese cliche)

What would be their response?

We shouldn't be glorifying the displaying and watching of questionably aged girls showering each other.

and suddenly that started to take hold, and then your games are banned... or deeply censored with missing scenes.

who will defend your preferences then?

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 645 Posts

It's not very difficult to swap out some assets and still remain compatible with other versions of the game. Can't see why Ubisoft needs to change the game for everyone. It's like denying steak to an adult because a child can't chew it.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:
@X_CAPCOM_X said:

You sound upset.

Can't help it if censorship is a big part of the left.

I don't even think you know what left and right wing mean. I'll help you:

https://alphahistory.com/frenchrevolution/girondins-and-montagnards/

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By nepu7supastar7

@kali-b1rd:

"Your avatar looks like a game advertised on steam Neptunia?

Talk to a person on the street that thinks things should not be "glorified" and show them the google image I found by typing "Neptunia Scene" ... which looks like a bunch of clearly 14-15 year olds showering naked together. Yea you can't see the genitals or the nipples but we all know what this scene is intended for (the big steam bath Japanese cliche)

What would be their response?

We shouldn't be glorifying the displaying and watching of questionably aged girls showering each other.

and suddenly that started to take hold, and then your games are banned... or deeply censored with missing scenes.

who will defend your preferences then?"

lolz I'm glad you see the irony here! ?

I could spend all day defending Neptunia but that's far from my point here. People get too easily offended by the most trivial crap all the time! And while our cultures make us desensitized over certain things and extremely sensitive over others, it just gets flat out ridiculous.

Ridiculous how far we go towards censorship and how hypocritical it makes us seem when we've become numb to other issues that's still relevant in today's world. Japan still sees genocide as disgusting but they let their products go free with underage sexualization. While the US sees underage sexualization as disgusting but lets their products go free with strong violence and gore. In reality, it's all bad but our cultures teach us to nitpick what's acceptable and what's not.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Everything in China gets censored.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain  Moderator

@kali-b1rd: Sounds like you have never played a Neptunia game before huh?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nepu7supastar7

@davillain-:

How'd you get the name to appear in red? I put it exactly like how it's spelled too and it ended up being in black font! Now kali-b1rd will never read my message!

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: " How'd you get the name to appear in red"

lol

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DaVillain  Moderator

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@davillain-:

How'd you get the name to appear in red? I put it exactly like how it's spelled too and it ended up being in black font! Now kali-b1rd will never read my message!

Are you on you're PC? Do you see the Replay, Quote buttons under GS usernames like Kali-b1rd? I assume you must be on Mobile device cause it won't show red unless you are on PC and I never type the username when we have replay/quote bottoms anyways.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kali-B1rd
@davillain- said:

nope, like I said, all I did was google image "neptunia scene" knowing what ALL of these kind of games are about (even if there is actually a decent gameplay loop inbetween ;)

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nepu7supastar7

@davillain-:

I'm on mobile, damnit! I guess I'll just have to settle for what I get then. At least I still get to use emojiis.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@kali-b1rd said:
@davillain- said:

nope, like I said, all I did was google image "neptunia scene" knowing what ALL of these kind of games are about (even if there is actually a decent gameplay loop inbetween ;)

And that's the problem how every in the West views JRPG games/Animes alike when it has ecchi anime girls without ever playing the game at first hand.

In any case, you should at least play a Neptunia game. I'm a fan of the series.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

@nepu7supastar7: I use mobile to. Why the name doesn’t appear in red is because of how some users made their names. I notice the ones with a “-“ in it or at the end tend not properly show up in replies.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nepu7supastar7

@kali-b1rd:

Hyperdimension Neptunia is actually pretty light on the fan service. That's what I love about it. I can shrug off a bath scene if all they're doing is bathing and since it's always just one still shot.

But unlike most games, the still pictures are always put in the weirdest moments and extremely far apart from each other. If you're going by stills, you'd think it's some novel game but it's actually a jrpg. It would be pretty hard to tell from images alone. The story is so fucking kooky, you'd never guess the synopsis unless you see a video about it.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Essentially what they are saying is they want to have less people working on this game. I get that, but even then I would rather see the game support end than have it be censored to be allowed by some peculiar country.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:
@davillain- said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@blackballs said:
@kali-b1rd said:

To top it off I'm British :D

A brexiter then

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

If you can't see that the regressive-left ruins everything then... well then.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@ten_pints said:

Who ruined everything before the regressive-left came about then?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@ten_pints said:

Only for a certain demographic.

Those of us who are diverse and love diversity see it differently.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Its like calling snowmen snow people. Worlds gone potty.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#48  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

This is like the reverse of what Sony is doing, censoring Japanese games in Japan because Westerners find them offensive... In response to Sony's censorship, I predicted a reverse scenario like this one as a hypothetical "what if" scenario:

Sony censorship cripples even more games compared to Switch

@Jag85 said:

It makes sense why Sony might want to censor sexualized Japanese games for Western releases, since they are trying to appeal to mainstream Western audiences who find the sexualized content of these Japanese games to be morally offensive. Similarly, numerous Western games have been censored in Japan because mainstream Japanese audiences often find the extreme ultra-violent content of Western games to be morally offensive.

But what doesn't make sense is why Sony is censoring Japanese games in Japan itself... That almost seems like Sony is trying to impose Western moral values on its Japanese audiences, which doesn't make sense at all... That would be like censoring the violent content of Western games in America just because Japanese audiences find it offensive.

...Which sounds very much like what Ubisoft is doing, censoring Western games in the West because Asian audiences find their violent content offensive. Just like how Sony is censoring Japanese games in Japan because Western audiences find their sexualized content offensive.

In other words, different audiences are offended by different things. Western audiences are offended by sexualized cartoon characters, but not offended by extreme ultra-violence. Whereas Asian audiences are offended by extreme ultra-violence, but not offended by sexualized cartoon characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-6068afec1b77d
deactivated-6068afec1b77d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-6068afec1b77d
Member since 2017 • 2539 Posts

China is different than America and Japan cause it has multiple censorships. But I blame this on R6 because they can't make two separate versions of the game.

Sony censoring Japanese games In Japan can be basically perceived as proganga or brainwashing because they are changing some parts of Japan's culture throught indirectly censoring sexualized pixteled models through video games. Gamers will see this and they will be indirectly indoctrinated.

Its called psychology