Try wrapping your head around how INCREDIBLE Dreams will be using a simple Pool game!

• 54 results
BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts

Points to keep in mind:

• This was One creator!
  • Author: THE_ ARCH1TECT
  • Completed with only 20 to 30hrs of work
  • Title Beech Pool
  • All dreams Beta creations published will be available launch day
  • Dreams will still being polished and refined after Beta ends.

The quality, detail and flexibility of Dreams is on full display using such a non-specific game a "pool" gives an idea how flexible this software really is. This one pool game would probably cost $20 on a digital game store, but Dreams will allow the entire 90 million+ PS4 user base the ability to create and share any similar title!

Remember, every Dreams creation (logic, asset, animations, audio, props or models) can be shared with the community and used as building blocks for your projects or others to developed throughout the entire Dreams community.

If you only watch a couple of minutes you'll still understand the kind of impact Dreams can have. If someone is talented enough, not only are high quality indie titles possible, but even games on AAA level.

When Dreams is released Sony will no doubt recruit the best creators among the community for their internal studios. = Sony out smarting MS in the development recruiting race.

Dreams is going to raise the quality bar for the indie scene forever and is the most important game creation this generation.

#ButSonyPlaysItSafe?

#2019GOTY

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

If you are good at something never do it for free!

I don't think it will work because people who make great content won't get any compensation (I think?). Talented people will go elsewhere for the most part I think. Great indie-devs want to have control of their creations, not giving them away to Sony for free. That being said I'm sure there will be some cool stuff anyway.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

Dude you said crackdown 3 was the goty this year. You can't have 2 goty's and these games aren't GOTY calibre like RESIDENT EVIL 2 is GOTY imo its so dark and great.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Oh man I love pool! Better go out now and buy a PS4.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BoxRekt

@Sushiglutton said:

I don't think it will work because people who make great content won't get any compensation (I think?). Talented people will go elsewhere for the most part I think. Great indie-devs want to have control of their creations, not giving them away to Sony for free. That being said I'm sure there will be some cool stuff anyway.

You can create projects and keep them as private also.

PS4 Exclusive Dreams May Potentially Allow Players To Create And Sell PSN Games

“Potentially, in [the] future, some people could use [Dreams] to make a PSN game, for example. That’s not really something we’re talking about at the beginning- but it’s one of the long term goals in my mind. The problem arises with making sure that everyone who contributed to the game gets credited properly, so there are some sticky areas to tackle there.”

https://gamingbolt.com/ps4-exclusive-dreams-can-potentially-allow-players-to-create-and-sell-psn-games

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

Amazing. The more I look at all these user creations the more I get excited on the posibilites. Can't wait for the full game, I am sure to be joining creating something! Already got psvr and the move controller

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mandzilla  Moderator

That second shot was terrible btw.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

Yup, Dreams could be game of the gen.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BoxRekt

@ProtossRushX said:

Dude you said crackdown 3 was the goty this year. You can't have 2 goty's and these games aren't GOTY calibre like RESIDENT EVIL 2 is GOTY imo its so dark and great.

lol I never said Crackdown 3 was "my" GOTY. Crackdown devs compared CD3 to Breath of the Wild so I put "GOTY" with a question mark behind it.

Deams in my personal GOTY2019, I've been standing behind that for a while now and it wont change.

Furthermore, Resident Evil 2 is a remake of an old game, Dreams will allow you to create any game you have to talent to dream of and share with anyone around the world.

Don't even know where you're going with by trying to question the "caliber" of Dreams, Dreams is a far more ambitious title than a remake of Resident Evil 2. And don't even try to lump Dreams into the same category as Crackdown 3, that's just silly. You can literally make Crackdown 3 inside of Dreams.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Sony needs to have contest with this game and hire the most talented devs. I'd give this guy a job on the spot.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BoxRekt

@blackhairedhero said:

Sony needs to have contest with this game and hire the most talented devs. I'd give this guy a job on the spot.

@boxrekt said:

When Dreams is released Sony will no doubt recruit the best creators among the community for their internal studios. = Sony out smarting MS in the development recruiting race.

Dreams is going to raise the quality bar for the indie scene forever and is the most important game creation this generation.

#ButSonyPlaysItSafe?

#2019GOTY

That's something I already hinted at.

It's genius really and will save time and money with the desperate recruiting efforts MS are using to buy out studios. A key feature of Dreams is that the best projects and creators are literally voted to the top of the list.

If you're voted as one of the best creators or establish a reputation of quality games you become known by the community and acknowledged by Media Molecule who will have your work reviewed by Sony! Media Molecule are already acknowledging specific users by name thru this very Beta mentioning "Disarmed_Pro" as a talented creator who they'd love see collaborate with THE_ARCH1TECH.

There is already a "tier" ladder forming in Dreams among the best users and it hasn't even left beta yet.

There will be people just dicking around in Dreams for sure, but there will also be a group competing to see who can create the best and most ambitious projects to get voted to the top of the boards. These groups/individuals will get recognized by the community and Sony.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
@boxrekt said:
@blackhairedhero said:

@boxrekt said:

#ButSonyPlaysItSafe?

#2019GOTY

It's genius really and will save time and money with the desperate recruiting efforts MS are using to buy out studios. A key feature of Dreams is that the best projects and creators are literally voted to the top of the list.

If you're voted as one of the best creators or establish a reputation of quality games you become known by the community and acknowledged by Media Molecule who will have your work reviewed by Sony! Media Molecule are already acknowledging specific users by name thru this very Beta mentioning "Disarmed_Pro" as a talented creator who they'd love see collaborate with THE_ARCH1TECH.

There is already a "tier" ladder forming in Dreams among the best users and it hasn't even left beta yet.

There will be people just dicking around in Dreams for sure, but there will also be a group competing to see who can create the best and most ambitious projects to get voted to the top of the boards. These groups/individuals will get recognized by the community and Sony.

So Dreams = Sony job application simulator?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#13 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

You know there was Project Spark years back on Windows/X1 of course and there were some great creations from people with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKJui-Z6zRE

I agree with you point above. I also point out that majority of people want to play games with their gaming time. Adults with families and full time jobs have limited hours with which to game. Do they want to play games or create one? What do you think the ratio will be? These things eventually dry up because the few creative people either want to be paid and/or own their creation or make a couple of things and even they get to the point of "screw this, I want to play games".

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

No thanks, still not interested.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Project Spark was neat for a min too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Really cool stuff reminds of a modern day Gary's mod.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By BoxRekt

unique vehicles from the Beat

Loading Video...

Unique level creations from the Beta

Loading Video...

Also recognize that all the work you're seeing now from Dreams is the result of less than 2 months time in a limited Beta.

It's confusing to see so many negative arguments brought up by fanboys mentioning the abandoned Project Spark which MS didn't support to downplay Dreams.

Project Spark was a project with a lot of potential that MS killed and ultimately shut down because of greed and mismanagement. All the issues that MS created that hindered Project Spark will not exist in Dreams. So do you love or hate Dreams for being a far superior creation than something that MS didn't want to support?

Fact is if you liked Project Spark you should love Dreams. Any other stance is hypocrisy.

The micro transactions and forcing people to pay for props stagnated the potential for what could have been created in Project Spark before MS ultimately killed support for it because they didn't want it competing with their newly purchased billion dollar franchise Minecraft.

The arguments are dumb at this point.

@mandzilla said:
@boxrekt said:
@blackhairedhero said:

@boxrekt said:

It will be that too.

It would be foolish of Sony not to utilize highly talented users with the ability to create quality games if their software is easily able to identify these users with that ability.

That, however, will be supplementary effect of Dreams. Dreams is primarily a game creation and share tool across the Playstation network.

@cainetao11 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

These things eventually dry up because the few creative people either want to be paid and/or own their creation or make a couple of things and even they get to the point of "screw this, I want to play games".

Dry up like Sea of Thieves or State of Decay 2?

You're just negatively speculating because this is a Sony project.

Haven't you and other xbox fans criticized Sony for not creating online games for PSN?

Well people will get more mileage out of Dreams than any "Games As A Service" title created by MS this generation and that's a fact, so you really should be praising Sony but you clearly are more hater and fanboy than gamer.

You need to be reminded EVERYTHING that has been shown from Dreams so far is from a limited Beta of less than 2 months. Your augment about having few games to play is honestly moronic all things considered.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I pay money to devs to make games for me to play, not pay money to make them myself, what a rort, but, but GOTY 2019 LMFAO.

TCHBO.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

How can this be GOTY when it’s not even a game??

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@djoffer said:

How can this be GOTY when it’s not even a game??

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@djoffer: You're thinking too small. This isn't just a game, it's Sony's master plan. How do you create a system with every exclusive? You make a game where you can make every exclusive.

While Nintendo and Microsoft work tirelessly to find out a winning formula for their exclusives, Sony can just copy them in Dreams.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

You know there was Project Spark years back on Windows/X1 of course and there were some great creations from people with it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKJui-Z6zRE

I agree with you point above. I also point out that majority of people want to play games with their gaming time. Adults with families and full time jobs have limited hours with which to game. Do they want to play games or create one? What do you think the ratio will be? These things eventually dry up because the few creative people either want to be paid and/or own their creation or make a couple of things and even they get to the point of "screw this, I want to play games".

Even when I'm playing Minecraft, it takes times creating whatever's in your mind and as a person who has a family, I'm really good at managing my time but it really depends on what career you have in order to have free time. I do little side projects when I have free time and I do like to get paid but their are times I'll let somebody else take credit if you know what I mean.

Wasn't Project Spark shutdown by MS not to long ago? I did remember they use Conker for it but I never got the chance to try it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@XVision84 said:

@djoffer: You're thinking too small. This isn't just a game, it's Sony's master plan. How do you create a system with every exclusive? You make a game where you can make every exclusive.

While Nintendo and Microsoft work tirelessly to find out a winning formula for their exclusives, Sony can just copy them in Dreams.

So what you're really saying is, build some tools sells them to unsuspecting gamers and let them do all the hard work lol.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jaydan  Online
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

That's so great. I can't wait to see the levels of creativity people will have with this game. I can't wait to see recreations of games like Solitaire and Minesweeper and less appealing renditions of already existing games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

@i_p_daily: Few people work as hard as Sony fans salty because they can't play Halo/Forza. Dreams was done for a while, the long development time was merely a ruse to stall until Microsoft released a few worthwhile games to copy (Forza and Crackdown).

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

but indie games and mods suck though

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 cainetao11

@boxrekt: I hope you love it pal. I dont think these "Create games" games are all that awesome. I have no desire to create a game with my gaming time.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

I remember people posting a whole bunch of cool looking creations on little big planet....and I was bored out of my mind playing that game. Hard pass.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By cainetao11

@davillain- said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Sushiglutton said:

Even when I'm playing Minecraft, it takes times creating whatever's in your mind and as a person who has a family, I'm really good at managing my time but it really depends on what career you have in order to have free time. I do little side projects when I have free time and I do like to get paid but their are times I'll let somebody else take credit if you know what I mean.

Wasn't Project Spark shutdown by MS not to long ago? I did remember they use Conker for it but I never got the chance to try it.

But are you the norm?

Yes Spark was shut down 3 years ago. I remember showing it to my nephew and he loved it. I couldn't care less about these types of games and I dont play Minecraft LOL

I never said these dont get their audience.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

No getting away from the fact that this has a lot of potential. Its potentially a game changer. How are companies going to flog us cheaper games if the public is making them for free? The pool game is a perfect example. You recreate something age old with advanced physics. Unbelievable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I've always thought Dreams looked cool, but they doing lousy job of defining what it is. People can make realistic pool games in Unity, the fact that Dreams only uses just PS4 controllers, doesn't make it that much cooler.

I imagined there was some 10-20 hour game that taught you how to build in Dreams. From there be given workshops to work in and see what others did, like as artists. People have this idea that its just some money making tool and gonna use owners to put their work on a paid market....If I pay $60 for Dreams, I don't want to pay for what people make in it. If Dreams is free, then cool, but still don't want to buy a game just to see what others did. And really, just seems like people are better off just learning Unity.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I'm curious though, how is this different from what people have been doing on the PC for the past 30-40 years?

Non-professional people make games all the time. This sounds like a neat toolset, but it's locked to this one specific PS4 game and undoubtedly limited compared to the relatively unlimited molding potential on the PC.

It's cool that people are doing this on the PS4, I guess? But...if someone's a clever videogame designer, they'll already be able to do this on the PC *and* sell the game afterwards.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

its littlebigplanet type hype all over again.

But no way a lot of people are falling for this this time.

Game will Flop. if no other games are releasing that week it may get #1 in uk. cows will call it a success. will be gone by week 3.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Still pass...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Meh, not my cup of tea. But I guess it will have an audience... question is how big of an audience. Will Sony make their money back on this game? Sceptical.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
@boxrekt said:
@mandzilla said:

It will be that too.

It would be foolish of Sony not to utilize highly talented users with the ability to create quality games if their software is easily able to identify these users with that ability.

That, however, will be supplementary effect of Dreams. Dreams is primarily a game creation and share tool across the Playstation network.

Well it would be pretty great giving talented people their chance to shine, so I can get behind that.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@Planeforger said:

I'm curious though, how is this different from what people have been doing on the PC for the past 30-40 years?

Non-professional people make games all the time. This sounds like a neat toolset, but it's locked to this one specific PS4 game and undoubtedly limited compared to the relatively unlimited molding potential on the PC.

It's cool that people are doing this on the PS4, I guess? But...if someone's a clever videogame designer, they'll already be able to do this on the PC *and* sell the game afterwards.

Pretty much this.

It's like a Garry's Mod "Redux".

I guess it's new for consoles and that's cool and all, but wouldn't it be orders of magnitudes easier to make games on PCs (you know, like traditional development) then move it over? Seems like it would take ages to do anything without the precision of a mouse or drawing pen and the convenience of macro keys.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@i_p_daily: correction. You pay money to play the worst games of this gen, on your xbone. You have no leg to stand on lem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@pdogg93 said:

@i_p_daily: correction. You pay money to play the worst games of this gen, on your xbone. You have no leg to stand on lem

Someone's a little salty today, not my fault Sony makes movie games with little to no gameplay and tools for other people to create games for them lol.

TCHBO.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Incredibly boring. That about sums up this game.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@pdogg93 said:

Someone's a little salty today, not my fault Sony makes movie games with little to no gameplay and tools for other people to create games for them lol.

TCHBO.

LOL. You mean Sony makes the best critically acclaimed games while MS releases turd after turd??? I have access to your entire shitty library for $1/month. How hard does that make you cry. As evident by your constant defensive mode, I'd say it makes you cry pretty hard LOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@pdogg93 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@pdogg93 said:

TCHBO.

LOL. You mean Sony makes the best critically acclaimed games while MS releases turd after turd??? I have access to your entire shitty library for $1/month. How hard does that make you cry. As evident by your constant defensive mode, I'd say it makes you cry pretty hard LOL.

Do you also have access to tissues? here let Meg help you out

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BoxRekt

@juarbles said:

I bet someone can create Scalebound here. Wouldn't that be something? ;-)

All made within Dreams from the short

6 week Beta

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Loading Video...

Several other impressive BETA creations released before the end of 6 wk period.

Loading Video...

Visaul art, level recreations and game prototypes created in Dreams.

Loading Video...

The fact that most of these were done by 1 creator with less than 2 months time gives you an idea of how far people will be able to push full games. Honestly, you could make everyone of MS's lack luster games they put out this generation in Dreams.

Creating Scalebound in Dreams isn't even a matter of a "bet" but simply if someone decides to do it.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#46 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

So it ends today...i'm almost crying lol

I aready have some projects in mind to start once the retail version comes out. Here's my main beta creation:

Loading Video...

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BoxRekt

@PAL360 said:

So it ends today...i'm almost crying lol

I aready have some projects in mind to start once the retail version comes out. Here's my main beta creation:

Loading Video...

That looks incredible bro.

You've actually recreated a Sonic-like and all it's level design quality without ripping or copy writing.

This alone actually looks better than Crackdown 3. Well done.

What's your Dreams tag name, I definitely have to try that out once the retail drops.

Make sure you publish this before beta closes so it'll be there launch day. It could end up being one of the creations highlighted during the review, how trippy would that be?

I know this will get a ton of up votes.

Fantastic job, I'll be looking forward to your future creations. This looks better than a lot of other indies I've seen over the years.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10436 Posts

pool game looks pretty good but it's no jimmy white's whirlwind snooker.

dreams sounds interesting

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#49 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@boxrekt: Thanks for the feedback, man :)

My name in Dreams is my PSN Paulo-Lameiras, and the game is called 2d Jack.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@boxrekt: How are people going to avoid copyright issues- they copy characters, designs, music, etc from trademarked gaming franchises in most of those videos.