Trust me, you don't want Sony dominating the industry.

• 106 results
Avatar image for deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
deactivated-601cef9eca9e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-601cef9eca9e5
Member since 2007 • 3296 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:

Their incessant behavior of turning videogames into horribly written movies is just embarrassing and regresses videogames into a very limited experience. There is a good reason why everyone moves on and forgets Sony's movie games relatively fast. These games are hyped for a couple of weeks upon release and then no one cares. MS and Nintendo games are about pure fun that have lasting appeal and they don't try to be something they're not.

Think about it, the biggest Sony exclusives this gen have been heavily cinematic-based and that trend is continuing with "games" like TLOU2, Days Gone, Detroit: Become Human, Death Stranding, etc...it's just plain sad. This is why I can't get myself to be remotely interested in a Sony exclusive.

Seems like someone butthurt because of Sony's success- Go cry somewhere else.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#52 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

Cry more. I enjoy the games Sony make. You can play something else by buying ANY other game besides Sony's

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#53 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Thanks to MS dominating the PC industry, we now suffer from the rubbish Windows 10.

WE do not want MS dominating anything else.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#54 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Salt filled crying!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@tigerbalm said:

Salt filled crying!

Isn't the whole salt thing getting old now.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:

Trust me,

You lost me here.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

Valve dominates the industry.

not Sony

Avatar image for SexPantherPanda
SexPantherPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SexPantherPanda
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts

@rafaelmsoares:

What’s your alt

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

@sovkhan said:

Lifeless much???

Your address for the firemen???

@lifelessablaze said:

Their incessant behavior of turning videogames into horribly written movies is just embarrassing and regresses videogames into a very limited experience. There is a good reason why everyone moves on and forgets Sony's movie games relatively fast. These games are hyped for a couple of weeks upon release and then no one cares. MS and Nintendo games are about pure fun that have lasting appeal and they don't try to be something they're not.

Think about it, the biggest Sony exclusives this gen have been heavily cinematic-based and that trend is continuing with "games" like TLOU2, Days Gone, Detroit: Become Human, Death Stranding, etc...it's just plain sad. This is why I can't get myself to be remotely interested in a Sony exclusive.

Poor little thing ^^ don't be so sad, you have pc now don't you??? Plenty of choice outta there huh???

And if it's not enough get you a X1X and call it a day.

**** PC gaming...I placed an order for a GTX 1070 ti at MSRP when it was available in stock...2 weeks ago. They immediately charged me for it but still haven't shipped

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Tigerbalm

@boycie: Nope

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

That would suck indeed. Imagine every game being designed for non gamer soccer moms.

ChrisChronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ChrisChronos
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

It's not Sony's fault that Microsoft are literally doing jack shit to keep up with the competition. An Nintendo.. Well they're doing what they always do.. But I'd still say the switch is a secondary console..

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@tryit: you're amusing

Avatar image for deactivated-63181ff40994a
deactivated-63181ff40994a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 deactivated-63181ff40994a
Member since 2017 • 575 Posts

Sony = Quality.

Can't argue that. As for the whole story driven games....who cares, they're still bloody games, with enough fun and entertaining gameplay. MS and Nintendo can't compete.

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:@sovkhan said: Lifeless much???

Your address for the firemen???

@lifelessablaze said: Their incessant behavior of turning videogames into horribly written movies is just embarrassing and regresses videogames into a very limited experience. There is a good reason why everyone moves on and forgets Sony's movie games relatively fast. These games are hyped for a couple of weeks upon release and then no one cares. MS and Nintendo games are about pure fun that have lasting appeal and they don't try to be something they're not.

Poor little thing ^^ don't be so sad, you have pc now don't you??? Plenty of choice outta there huh???

And if it's not enough get you a X1X and call it a day.

**** PC gaming...I placed an order for a GTX 1070 ti at MSRP when it was available in stock...2 weeks ago. They immediately charged me for it but still haven't shipped

How is that PC gaming's fault?

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Some games are better than none at all. cough xbox cough

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@creepywelps:

Never said it was!!!

The guy has plenty of choices, so he'd better stop spamming us with his silly threads ^^

Creepywelps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Creepywelps
Member since 2015 • 2964 Posts

@sovkhan: I was talking to him, not sure why it quoted that way. But his assertion makes absolutely no sense.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22677 Posts

The company with the best ideas each generation control the industry. It's never one company.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
deactivated-5fd4737f5f083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 deactivated-5fd4737f5f083
Member since 2018 • 937 Posts

Chin up, mate.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Sony's games are far more memorable than Nintendo's or MS's. I was thinking on TLoU's ending long after I'd finished it (it has spawned countless threads all over the net debating it, and still is), whereas no matter how good a Nintendo game is, say, I forget it immediately when I shut the console off. Sure it's incredible fun in the moment like a good toy. But once put down, utterly forgotten until I pick it back up. Fortunately Sony has been working hard on and is really beginning to understand how to incorporate a decent narrative approach into a traditional gameplay experience to get the best of both worlds. In my opinion, they are succeeding with flying colors and have the sales and accolades to prove it. There is a large, large audience for these games.

A "movie game" is one from David Cage. Not TLoU, not GoW, and not Spider-Man. Thank God Sony makes these types of experiences, because frankly my interest in this hobby would significantly wane if Nintendo and MS's games were all that were on offer. Narrative has a place in gaming, and Sony is leading the way. Good for them.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

As long as this shoverlware doesn't make it to PC and Nintendo consoles, I'm happy. Both platforms cater to hardcore gamers, so it's unlikely they'll ever get movie games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@UssjTrunks: Late Shift is releasing on Nintendo Switch shortly. Can't get more movie game than an FMV game. :P

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

They can dominate as long as aside from there first party stuff they still put there distribution hat on. They still embrace distributing would be japanese niche games. That to me has always been the unique part of Sony. They are distribution history is surprising legendary. At the end of the day though I don't want anyone to dominate. Industry is too large for one manufacture.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#76 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34608 Posts

Trust me, you don't want any company dominating the industry.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#77  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

Sony dominated the industry before with PS1/PS2 and now PS4. Nothing bad happened, in fact its the opposite. Its the only console company that keeping AAA games coming over and over and the only one tries New AAA Ips over and over each generation.

As i said before what YOU dont like doesnt mean is bad. I love cinematic games ala The last of us etc an i wish other companies could offer similar experiences. But they cant and thats for a reason. Because people should understand that making an Uncharted, Horizon or The last of us is not a simple task. Movie this, movie that ... but name me a single game that can match with uncharted and offer everything it does ? Tomb raider ? ... I mean ... Suddenly we run out of options ha ? We cant think a single game to offer everything UC or TLOU does let alone being far better than them.

With that in mind something is great about those games and noone can do something better out there. So you dont like cinematic games ? So be it. Go play Nintendo Labo or wait for Xbox 2 to get an exclusive and let God of War for PS owners. Problem solved.

Stop dissing based on your taste. Be objective for once.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Tigerbalm

@AzatiS: They love Tomb Raider when Fill Sphincter paid for 1 year exclusivity, and it's cinematic.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@NFJSupreme said:

@tormentos: and then what happened with ps3? They screwed that up and took all gen to recover. The success of the ps2 made them cocky. They release a $600 console thinking people would by it anyway. If 360 didn’t exist and be a huge success they would have tried the same shit is ps4

NO they did not screw up with the PS3,that is the perception people get because people actually believe that sony did horrible,the PS3 was $600 and was expensive,but was worth every damn penny,on 2006 stand alone Blu-ray players were $1,000 and xbox 360 with live was $450 if you wanted HD movies and games and you didn't get a PS3 you would have pay more than $1,400 for it.

And people did buy it by the way,they just didn't buy it as fast as the PS2,what other console other than the PS2,ps1 and wii sold 90 million or more units? Because not even the xbox 360 which was considered a success by many here even with its huge fail rate that did blow up actual numbers,without RROD i am sure MS would not have pass 60 million units.

The xbox 360 was a failure even more,it had some great games because MS money hatted the industry,the console had the worse fail rate of any electronic i may say,charged you for P2P $60 dollars,forced people to pay for apps that on other systems and phones were free like netflix,and abused it user base with a torrent of microtransactions and basically turned the industry into a nickel and dime busyness.

What you use to get free in the old days by finishing the game several times,was strip from many games to be sold for extra money,people were even paying for different colors of characters in games.

The xbox didn't exist on 2000 and the PS2 was there the xbox didn't exist on 1994 either and the PS was there to,MS hasn't won a single generation and gave people this gen a weak overpriced console that was going to be full even of more anti consumer policies, MS didn't win last gen Nintendo did,and they finish basically last after starting first.

And you say if it wasn't for the xbox 360 sony would not have deliver the PS4,yeah because last gen was won by MS right,i forgot that the 101 million wii didn't existed,which by the way MS try to emulate with the xbox one and loss badly.

Sony simple returned to what it did best,value and games.

@Steppy_76 said:

Other than exclusives(which is more a function of being the market leader than anything else), nearly every single thing Sony has done it has taken from its competitors. The PS4 hardware shares far more with Xbox than it does it's own predecessors. (IE x86 based, HDD, PC Standard 3D API compared to proprietary tech). Sony borrowed analog stick from Nintendo, PSN is obviously a clone of XBL, Trophies are a copy of achievements. The ONLY thing I can think of that Sony did first was the dual analog sticks and they can't get the placement of them fixed after all these years. Name me something Sony has done first(ie innovating)

OH really who took gaming mainstream?

Point to me to the platforms that sold 100 millions before sony did.

The most sold was the Nes and was like 60 millions,sony grew the industry to a level that wasn't seen before,then the PS2 the best selling console ever over 155 million units sold.

How? Because it has a CPU and GPU from PC? HDD was sony ideas no MS and the HDD for PS2 release before the xbox was even out get your facts right,the PS4 has its own API for making games dude,it doesn't use DX12 or vulkan.

Analogues sticks existed before NIntendo used them on the N64,Atari did that first,and by the way sony did the first controller with clickable analoges or what is now known as the R3 and L3 was The dual shock the analogue not analogues by the way the N64 only had 1,were not clickable,tell me what button is use now on FPS to run and mele? Oh yeah the R3 and L3 thanks sony for them.

PSN isn't a clone of live and even use to have a virtual world which let you play games free,gather with people and launch games from it,and by the way Since 1999 Sony stated that they would have a market to buy stuff for the PS2 and announce and HDD to,in 1999 the xbox was nowhere to be found.

The machine is also equipped with one Type III PC card slot. In 2001, Sony will ship a PC Card Ethernet adapter so that the PS2 can connect directly to the Internet via a cable modem, Sony's Kutaragi said. At the same time, the vendor will sell a high-capacity hard drive for the PS2, he added.

Though it is unclear what kinds of network services Sony is planning, Kutaragi said that he sees the PS2 as a new distribution system for music and movies. Sony Music Entertainment Japan's CEO Shigeo Maruyama told IDG News Service that his company is readying Internet music services for the PS2, but he would not provide details.

http://edition.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9909/14/ps2.idg/

Educate yourself where was the xbox on 1999? MS took sony idea of the HDD and ethernet and simple sold build in what sony was going to sell appart and MS loss 4 billions on the xbox for it.

The only thing i concede that they took for MS was achievements and charging for online play.

The xbox controller is a dual shock remapped.

If it wasn't for sony you would not have a Forza on xbox today.

Oh did i mention that DVD was first on ps2 than xbox? How about Blu-ray yeah been there done that since 2006 that arrived on xbox in 2013.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#80 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

I don't want any single entity dominating the industry. Competition is always better for the consumer. Better products and prices.

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

@tormentos said:
@NFJSupreme said:

@tormentos: and then what happened with ps3? They screwed that up and took all gen to recover. The success of the ps2 made them cocky. They release a $600 console thinking people would by it anyway. If 360 didn’t exist and be a huge success they would have tried the same shit is ps4

NO they did not screw up with the PS3,that is the perception people get because people actually believe that sony did horrible,the PS3 was $600 and was expensive,but was worth every damn penny,on 2006 stand alone Blu-ray players were $1,000 and xbox 360 with live was $450 if you wanted HD movies and games and you didn't get a PS3 you would have pay more than $1,400 for it.

And people did buy it by the way,they just didn't buy it as fast as the PS2,what other console other than the PS2,ps1 and wii sold 90 million or more units? Because not even the xbox 360 which was considered a success by many here even with its huge fail rate that did blow up actual numbers,without RROD i am sure MS would not have pass 60 million units.

The xbox 360 was a failure even more,it had some great games because MS money hatted the industry,the console had the worse fail rate of any electronic i may say,charged you for P2P $60 dollars,forced people to pay for apps that on other systems and phones were free like netflix,and abused it user base with a torrent of microtransactions and basically turned the industry into a nickel and dime busyness.

What you use to get free in the old days by finishing the game several times,was strip from many games to be sold for extra money,people were even paying for different colors of characters in games.

The xbox didn't exist on 2000 and the PS2 was there the xbox didn't exist on 1994 either and the PS was there to,MS hasn't won a single generation and gave people this gen a weak overpriced console that was going to be full even of more anti consumer policies, MS didn't win last gen Nintendo did,and they finish basically last after starting first.

And you say if it wasn't for the xbox 360 sony would not have deliver the PS4,yeah because last gen was won by MS right,i forgot that the 101 million wii didn't existed,which by the way MS try to emulate with the xbox one and loss badly.

@Steppy_76 said:

Other than exclusives(which is more a function of being the market leader than anything else), nearly every single thing Sony has done it has taken from its competitors. The PS4 hardware shares far more with Xbox than it does it's own predecessors. (IE x86 based, HDD, PC Standard 3D API compared to proprietary tech). Sony borrowed analog stick from Nintendo, PSN is obviously a clone of XBL, Trophies are a copy of achievements. The ONLY thing I can think of that Sony did first was the dual analog sticks and they can't get the placement of them fixed after all these years. Name me something Sony has done first(ie innovating)

The most sold was the Nes and was like 60 millions,sony grew the industry to a level that wasn't seen before,then the PS2 the best selling console ever over 155 million units sold.

How? Because it has a CPU and GPU from PC? HDD was sony ideas no MS and the HDD for PS2 release before the xbox was even out get your facts right,the PS4 has its own API for making games dude,it doesn't use DX12 or vulkan.

Analogues sticks existed before NIntendo used them on the N64,Atari did that first,and by the way sony did the first controller with clickable analoges or what is now known as the R3 and L3 was The dual shock the analogue not analogues by the way the N64 only had 1,were not clickable,tell me what button is use now on FPS to run and mele? Oh yeah the R3 and L3 thanks sony for them.

PSN isn't a clone of live and even use to have a virtual world which let you play games free,gather with people and launch games from it,and by the way Since 1999 Sony stated that they would have a market to buy stuff for the PS2 and announce and HDD to,in 1999 the xbox was nowhere to be found.

The machine is also equipped with one Type III PC card slot. In 2001, Sony will ship a PC Card Ethernet adapter so that the PS2 can connect directly to the Internet via a cable modem, Sony's Kutaragi said. At the same time, the vendor will sell a high-capacity hard drive for the PS2, he added.

Though it is unclear what kinds of network services Sony is planning, Kutaragi said that he sees the PS2 as a new distribution system for music and movies. Sony Music Entertainment Japan's CEO Shigeo Maruyama told IDG News Service that his company is readying Internet music services for the PS2, but he would not provide details.

Educate yourself where was the xbox on 1999? MS took sony idea of the HDD and ethernet and simple sold build in what sony was going to sell appart and MS loss 4 billions on the xbox for it.

The only thing i concede that they took for MS was achievements and charging for online play.

Oh did i mention that DVD was first on ps2 than xbox? How about Blu-ray yeah been there done that since 2006 that arrived on xbox in 2013.

1. You mention the RROD(which MS actually ponied money up for), and completely forget the DRE of the PS2(and I'll bet you're going to downplay that problem).

2. Companies buy exclusives one way or another. Do you really think Sony got all those 3rd party exclusives in the PS1 and PS2 days for free?

3. Sony didn't grow the industry, the industry grew up. I'm in my early 40's. Video games were strictly a kids domain in the Atari and NES days. As those of us who were young and grew up playing video games, we continued to play video games into adulthood. Whether it was Nintendo, Panasonic, sega, MS, Sony, or NEC, the industry was simply going to get bigger. It was a new medium. The industry grew last gen when Sony was not the market leader, or do they get credit for that as well?

4. You compare an open system like PC(where you believe it or not the first networks WEREN'T free in the early days, until homebrew software was able to fill the gap), to closed system. TV was free at one point, then cable came along, radio, etc etc etc. BTW PSN wasn't worth a damn until they started charging for it.

5. DLC existed LONG before XBL(I remember buy extra course disks for Jack Nicklaus Golf back in the 80's). MS simply was the first to have a mainstream network available in the console space for it to be made available.

6. PS4's API is largely based on OpenGL if I remember correctly(though I could be wrong on this).

7. The PS4 would not have been as powerful nor as easy to program if they had the largest chunk of the console space last gen.

8. You did notice the date on your article you posted right? 5 days after the release of the dreamcast which included a modem for connecting to the internet. You wanna know where MS was at that time? The OS the dreamcast ran on was Windows CE. Oh and they had the direct forerunner to XBL up and running for 3 years by this time the MS gaming zone. Oh do you remember how the PS2 HDD originally couldn't be used to store game saves, then ackwardly implemented.

9. If you can't admit that PSN is a direct copy of XBL then I'm not entirely sure how rational of an argument you have.

10. I'll give you the clickable analog stick.

11. MS's deal with Nvidia is what killed them with the xbox, not the HDD.

12. The xbox controller is a hybrid of the dreamcast, the original xbox duke, the playstation, and MS line of PC gamepads. The playstation controller was a SNES controller with a second of shoulder buttons...which makes sense as the playstation was originally a SNES CD drive addon.

13. DVD bluray were merely larger optical drives. That also had been done prior to the playstation.

14. Did you really mention PS home?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#83 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

It's better than nothing.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56097 Posts
@Litchie said:

Trust me, you don't want any company dominating the industry.

Tell that to Nvidia.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@todddow said:

I don't want any single entity dominating the industry. Competition is always better for the consumer. Better products and prices.

The thing is that there wasnt any competition in PS2 era yet Ps2 delivered since last day. No actually was keeping delivering way beyond its generation. Ps3, The last of us months before Ps4 arrival with Wii being dead and X360 in serious life support with no exclusives to show. Ps4, God of war and massive AAA titles around the corner when Ps4 is almost 5 years old with Wii U dead and X1 again without any exclusives to show... Where is competition ? Even Ps1 made competition look subpar. Saturn ? 3DO ? N64 ? Who ?

The only rough time Sony had was with Ps3 sales wise while being near bankruptcy.. and guess what happened... Wii DEAD, the one with massive profits, Ps3 = the last of us few months before PS4 release. You get the point ? Thats why theres no competition, because of this mentality Sony has towards their consoles every single generation.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Enjoy paying $699 for the PS5! lol

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3479 Posts

Trust me, I don't trust anyone here :P

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@AzatiS said:

Sony dominated the industry before with PS1/PS2 and now PS4. Nothing bad happened, in fact its the opposite. Its the only console company that keeping AAA games coming over and over and the only one tries New AAA Ips over and over each generation.

The PS1 and PS2 were game consoles. The PS3 and PS4 weren't.

With that said, movie games are specifically targeted at casual gamers. As long as there are hardcore gamers, we will continue to get real games from other publishers.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:

Nothing wrong with cinematic games. Also that existed before Sony.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tormentos

@Steppy_76 said:

1. You mention the RROD(which MS actually ponied money up for), and completely forget the DRE of the PS2(and I'll bet you're going to downplay that problem).

2. Companies buy exclusives one way or another. Do you really think Sony got all those 3rd party exclusives in the PS1 and PS2 days for free?

3. Sony didn't grow the industry, the industry grew up. I'm in my early 40's. Video games were strictly a kids domain in the Atari and NES days. As those of us who were young and grew up playing video games, we continued to play video games into adulthood. Whether it was Nintendo, Panasonic, sega, MS, Sony, or NEC, the industry was simply going to get bigger. It was a new medium. The industry grew last gen when Sony was not the market leader, or do they get credit for that as well?

4. You compare an open system like PC(where you believe it or not the first networks WEREN'T free in the early days, until homebrew software was able to fill the gap), to closed system. TV was free at one point, then cable came along, radio, etc etc etc. BTW PSN wasn't worth a damn until they started charging for it.

5. DLC existed LONG before XBL(I remember buy extra course disks for Jack Nicklaus Golf back in the 80's). MS simply was the first to have a mainstream network available in the console space for it to be made available.

6. PS4's API is largely based on OpenGL if I remember correctly(though I could be wrong on this).

7. The PS4 would not have been as powerful nor as easy to program if they had the largest chunk of the console space last gen.

8. You did notice the date on your article you posted right? 5 days after the release of the dreamcast which included a modem for connecting to the internet. You wanna know where MS was at that time? The OS the dreamcast ran on was Windows CE. Oh and they had the direct forerunner to XBL up and running for 3 years by this time the MS gaming zone. Oh do you remember how the PS2 HDD originally couldn't be used to store game saves, then ackwardly implemented.

9. If you can't admit that PSN is a direct copy of XBL then I'm not entirely sure how rational of an argument you have.

12. The xbox controller is a hybrid of the dreamcast, the original xbox duke, the playstation, and MS line of PC gamepads. The playstation controller was a SNES controller with a second of shoulder buttons...which makes sense as the playstation was originally a SNES CD drive addon.

13. DVD bluray were merely larger optical drives. That also had been done prior to the playstation.

1-The xbox also suffer DRE thompson drives were particularly faulty and bad,but all the drives from different brands suffer for it,and the xbox 360 as well and just so you know all optical drives suffer DRE at a point the lent wear off.

This ^^ has nothing to do with what i say to you.

2-Most exclusives on PS1 and PS2 were not pay by sony,appart from FF and some other that sony made a deal for them,most were simply exclusives because the other platforms sold so bad that getting the investment back was not really possible,specially if the game was Japanese.

3-I'm also in my 40's dude and gaming was't just for kids,no sony grew the industry,in fact games like MK,Tekken and many other arcade games all of the sudden could have basically arcade perfect ports,in fact the first game to sell 1 million on PS was Tekken which was highly popular at the arcade,all of the sudden you didn't need 20 dollars in tokens or quarters,all you need it was a PS a game and your friends..

It wasn't a new medium what are you smoking games consoles have existed since the 70's,on 1994 no it wasn't a new medium.

4-Online was free on PC,DC,Gamecube,PS2,PS3,3ds,ds,psp,vita basically all systems that supported it before MS started charging,and in fact sony had more games on dedicated servers back on PS3 than it does that the service is charge to play,because back then sony used their own PS3 as dedicated servers,actually saving allot of money on the process,cable was not free because you use to get networks that you would not usually get over your air antenna,and tv still is free because there are free channels that you still can get over the air,again stop using shitty excuses online was free everywhere and MS charged you for P2P,when no one was doing it.

5-DLC was basically given free on PC by most developers for years,what you bought back then was an expansion not DLC,unlike now that you get to pay even for weapons or skin colors,hell Epic had a huge fight with MS over microtransactions is well known.

6-No and that proves how little you know about it.

7-They had the second largest,and when the PS2 released it was the most powerful console for 20 months almost 2 years until the xbox landed,so yeah sony has made powerful hardware before.

8-The dreamcast a 56k modem the ethernet one was release later in fact in January 2001 well after sony said it,in fact in 2001 it also release on PS2.The dreamcast didn't run a MS OS fool it uses windows CE as development platform if you wanted to because sega changed their mind and used its own software you could use the MS os if you wanted to most games skipped windows and used Sega's own software. This is old news dude.

Yeah they had it 3 years before they went in,and that is the reason why the xbox was offline until 2002 when live launched,1 full year without online because they had it 3 years early right.? lol

9-PSN had more servers to gaming than the xbox 360 did,hell the PS2 had more games on dedicated servers than the xbox which was all P2P,they were not even using the same strategy live was an enclosed network restricted to the bone,PSN was open and allowed more flexibilities for developers,in fact EA run its own games on their own servers and not on xbox live,and they do so sine the PS2 days when they release madden online on PS2 and leaved the xbox version offline as protest for MS strick network plan,which forced MS to gave in and allow EA to ran their own servers,both were different and worked different.

10-Yay you gave something.

11-No in fact Nvidia was force by court to lower its prices to MS they loss that case,using an ethernet port,HDD build in,off the shelve CPU and GPU + using actual DVD drives instead of making a custom one was what really killed profist for MS.

The xbox used to much off the shelve parts and expensive ones Intel and Nvidia pretty much the most expensive to gamers on the PC market now,and is been like that for years.

12-No they basically stole Sega control design and remapped the analogue placement,and added some of the most cumbersome buttons ever on a controller,the white and black button just to have the same exact number of buttons that the DS has.

Yeah because the PS controller was flat without gripes.

13-What released console had DVD before the PS? Hell sony was co founder of Blu-ray and the PS3 was one of the first models and the best one quality wise for years.

14-Yes and it was free while you were been charged for netflix on xbox live..lol

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

That fight for 2nd place.

Poor Console only gamers.

ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 ToonLonk
Member since 2017 • 440 Posts

@hawkeye44: "Nintendo kiddy cartoony garbage." Do you need help moving past your insecurities? Do you only need your 'adult' T and M games to consider yourself a real gamer? Are you capable of recognizing that the demographic age doesn't matter if the game is good?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tormentos

@xhawk27 said:

Enjoy paying $699 for the PS5! lol

NO he is not talking about the xbox two.

@UssjTrunks said:

The PS1 and PS2 were game consoles. The PS3 and PS4 weren't.

With that said, movie games are specifically targeted at casual gamers. As long as there are hardcore gamers, we will continue to get real games from other publishers.

Hahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.... NO wait wait...

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

ToonLonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 ToonLonk
Member since 2017 • 440 Posts

Sony's first-party offerings are not just movie games, despite what all the fanboys hastily generalize. And so what? If the games can be considered good, then why dismiss all of them? Whether or not they have strong vs. poor writing is just your opinion, and if you simply do not like games with more cinematic tendencies, then that's fine. But, last I checked, there was plenty that was console-exclusive to the PS4 that had a vast amount of gameplay depth, am I not right? Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nioh, Persona 5, or Yakuza 0, anyone?

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11088 Posts

No, YOU don't want Sony dominating the industry. The rest of us are okay with it. When MS attempted to dominate the industry, they threatened to take our games offline if we didn't have an internet connection. You may be a battered housewife that won't leave the relationship, but currently... I'm good. Besides. Microsoft's been all like...

And now they're damn near giving everything away. If you buy an Xbox One (which is like $50 bucks off every month since they'd sell like trash otherwise), and pay them $120 a year, you can have all their first party games via Game Pass because it's getting harder for them to compete, Thank Sony you're getting shit for cheaper.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts
@Archangel3371 said:

I don’t want anyone dominating the industry.

This.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

It's better if MS dominated the industry.

-Imagine no more console exclusives

-New games that lacks content

-Limited support from Japanese devs

-Forced daily online connection and single use game drm

What a Utopia.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

@Xabiss said:

I don't really see them hurting the industry being on top either. What I do see is Microsoft and Nintendo busting their asses because of Sony's dominance right now. That is the important part for me right now.

I am hoping this exclusive dominance by Sony and Nintendo really lights a fire under Microsoft ass to produce better games. Only time will tell right now.

They have wonderful hardware and services, but damn they need some talent on the development side.

You bring up good points. They certainly need to address them, and they'd be doing better, I feel! The services are actually fantastic, but games. Eh.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@Steppy_76 said:
@tormentos said:

What a traumatic fanboy meltdown

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@ocinom said:

It's better if MS dominated the industry.

-Imagine no more console exclusives

-New games that lacks content

-Limited support from Japanese devs

-Forced daily online connection and single use game drm

What a Utopia.

Basically. The XBox fanbase has no clue what is good for them.