Top 3 franchises Microsoft needs to resurrect

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Conker's Bad Fur Day - Huge 3D open world platformer / action adventure. Show off next gen physics and scale.

Viva Pinata - Again, huge open world, hybrid safari/Pokemon collect em all type game.

Kameo - Are you seeing a pattern here? :P Huge open world! Dungeons! Magic! Orcs! Basically a next gen open world fantasy Zelda type game.

They won't do any of those though.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

@noodlevixen said:

Oh you said bukkaki...I thought you said something else....

You're a sick pervert... oh wait.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@edwardecl said:

@noodlevixen said:

Oh you said bukkaki...I thought you said something else....

You're a sick pervert... oh wait.

You say pervert like it was a bad thing ;) :P

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@_Matt_ said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

1. Age of Empires

2. Banjo Kazooie

3. Conker

Yay! I'm glad someone else said this!

I don't care that MS wants to focus on Xbox instead of PC. There are plenty of great games on PC without them.

The only thing I want from them is another AOE or AOM. And if they aren't going to do it, I'd rather they sell the IP than sit on it.

Very much agreed. Heck, there are 10s of exceptional studios who would kill to get a chance to work on the IP and would probably do a good job out of it.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@_Matt_ said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

I don't care that MS wants to focus on Xbox instead of PC. There are plenty of great games on PC without them.

The only thing I want from them is another AOE or AOM. And if they aren't going to do it, I'd rather they sell the IP than sit on it.

Very much agreed. Heck, there are 10s of exceptional studios who would kill to get a chance to work on the IP and would probably do a good job out of it.

In that same vein, MS can find another studio to develop a new Perfect Dark, and leave the new Rare to flounder around with Kinect.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#56  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Halo.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#57 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Let's pretend they are still into gaming.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I think I'd go with.

1.Blinx the time sweeper, such an amazing story, truly timeless gameplay, just about everything you could ever want about a game starring a cat with a vacuum cleaner.

2.Kabuki Warriors, (Also known in japan as Bukkaki Warriors,) Another amazing game, with truly interesting battle mechanics.

3.Greg Hastings tournament Painball. I don't think paintball has ever been this visceral and intense.

What other timeless classics would you suggest SW?

Kind of sad when someone does a top 3 list and that's all they can come up with.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Age of Empires for sure. Despite other fans, i absolutely loved Age of Empires 3, especially the music and its artstyle. I'd kill for another one to begin from the era where the last one ended.

Also, Phantom Dust. A criminally underrated IP and a great OG Xbox game, a must own for splitscreen gaming (was a must own for MP online as well, tho not anymore). Think 3rd person arena shooter combined with the Magic The Gathering card game. Extremely addictive, unique game.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AdobeArtist  Moderator

@Gargus said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I think I'd go with.

1.Blinx the time sweeper, such an amazing story, truly timeless gameplay, just about everything you could ever want about a game starring a cat with a vacuum cleaner.

2.Kabuki Warriors, (Also known in japan as Bukkaki Warriors,) Another amazing game, with truly interesting battle mechanics.

3.Greg Hastings tournament Painball. I don't think paintball has ever been this visceral and intense.

Kind of sad when someone does a top 3 list and that's all they can come up with.

It's not like there weren't better suggestions in other posts ;)

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts
  1. Age of Empires
  2. Crimson Skies
  3. MechWarrior

Honorable mentions: Kameo, Brute Force, Conker

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

@Gargus said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I think I'd go with.

It's not like there weren't better suggestions in other posts ;)

Hey, hey, It's not cool to judge my taste man. I mean YOU were the one that paraded mass effect around as a proper RPG if I want to show my love for a cat and his vacuum cleaner it's my choice.