Too Human Discussion Thread - Keep it Here (Or Face Suspension)!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1551 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
[QUOTE="blushield"]

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]Yeah, that means that most of the people who like it are actual gamers and not 360 fanboys.TreyoftheDead

no it doesn't. This is the worst and most blatant Damage Control I have ever seen for a game, and it's all 360 fanboys

If a poor excuse for a game like too human came out on the PS3 you guys wouldn't even touch the demo after seeing how bad it looked

All 360 fanboys? Really? So, I'm a 360 fanboy? Give me a break, pal. You can't attack our arguments, so you attack us and claim we are just blind fanboy mindlessly defending a flopped game.

Too bad you couldn't be more wrong. It's funny, you know, all of the people defending this game (including myself)are among the least biased people on System Wars. Great job.

I'm a hermit but typically neutral on platforms.

I enjoyed too human for what it offered, there are far better dungeon crawlers coming like sacred 2 and diablo 3 that I just consider too human a gap fuller for my personal need to full my ARPG desire.

Saying that everything we are saying is damage control when we might actually enjoy a title that someone else doesn't?

Well I'd just call that person an idiot.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1552 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

I think Gametrailers hit the nail on the head with the loot sytem. The fact that the system is scaled old weapons become obsolete extremly fast and weapons just continue to scale with you along with the enemies the feeling of making yourself a great weapon via runes and whatnot is shortlived considering in about an hours time you have something vastly superior as random loot?

In many games like this the logevity of any givin weapon would last you for some time, and the clunky interface just seems to bring the issue up even more as slow unresponsive menues mar outfiting your character, if it was a faster less painfull process I would be less inclined to wish I didn't have to open my menue every few levels to sell off all my useless gear and equip my new loot.

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1553 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts
I got into the combat "groove" about an hour into the full game. After that, I couldn't wait to get to the next battle. My only issue now is the equipment and using runes.
Avatar image for LinKuei_warrior
LinKuei_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1554 LinKuei_warrior
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

(Condemned 2 review reference)

the review video shouldve been like;

you'll play a story based on norse mythology

*in a sorta scary voice while wearing a messed up pig mask*

while killing your enemies in alot fo different ways...possible

-killing them with swords

-killing them with guns

-hitting them in the air

-shooting them..when in the air

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1555 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts

I'm not going to say "I told you so" - because that's not what this is about - I'm just glad to see more people giving this a chance. Kevin-V is way off the mark - even the rest of the videogaming media are starting to turn on him (kevin p, and such) - but in the end I like to think this is a sign gamers may be able to take back control from the media elite - we can be honest about a game and as a community recognize what's important - and that's a wonderful thing.

subrosian

If "and such" is code word for "just Kevin P, because he's an insecure, immature, fanboyish little creep" then you're right. Gametrailers gave the game a 6.5 today, btw. Kevin is not way off the mark, he's roughly in the average. Why the man is being villified, especially over such a utterly forgettable game that no one will remember in two months when we're all drowning in games that are ten times better, is mind boggling to me. It's like the backlash GregK got for his PN03 review years ago. Preach all you want about being "honest about a game", what you really mean to say is "I can be told exactly what I want to hear and have my predetermined gaming purchases validated for me."

Notice how Van Ord hasn't bothered responding to that sad little rant video? Thats because grown men, and especially professional journalists, don't get dragged into internet fights that have a simple difference of opinion on a completely subjective matter at the core, becuase it's an absurdly childish and utterly stupid thing to do. Major kudos to Van Ord for taking the high road and actually acting like an adult. If you view replacing "media elite" with petty fan babies who throw internet hissy fits over a number as a good thing, then you and I really do look for different things from games journalism. As for Kevin P, he works for G4. Yeah. 'Nuff said. Speaking of that high road, think I'll take the exit onto it right about now.

Even bothering to point out how absurd this feigned outrage and silly and illogical singling out of Van Ord is gives the game at the epicenter of this all far more credit and attention than it deserves. (and it's petulant big mouthed creator)

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1556 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

I'm not going to say "I told you so" - because that's not what this is about - I'm just glad to see more people giving this a chance. Kevin-V is way off the mark - even the rest of the videogaming media are starting to turn on him (kevin p, and such) - but in the end I like to think this is a sign gamers may be able to take back control from the media elite - we can be honest about a game and as a community recognize what's important - and that's a wonderful thing.

CronoSquall

If "and such" is code word for "just Kevin P, because he's an insecure, immature, fanboyish little creep" then you're right. Gametrailers gave the game a 6.5 today, btw. Kevin is not way off the mark, he's roughly in the average. Why the man is being villified, especially over such a utterly forgettable game that no one will remember in two months when we're all drowning in games that are ten times better, is mind boggling to me. It's like the backlash GregK got for his PN03 review years ago. Preach all you want about being "honest about a game", what you really mean to say is "I can be told exactly what I want to hear and have my predetermined gaming purchases validated for me."

Notice how Van Ord hasn't bothered responding to that sad little rant video? Thats because grown men, and especially professional journalists, don't get dragged into internet fights that have a simple difference of opinion on a completely subjective matter at the core, becuase it's an absurdly childish and utterly stupid thing to do. Major kudos to Van Ord for taking the high road and actually acting like an adult. If you view replacing "media elite" with petty fan babies who throw internet hissy fits over a number as a good thing, then you and I really do look for different things from games journalism. As for Kevin P, he works for G4. Yeah. 'Nuff said. Speaking of that high road, think I'll take the exit onto it right about now.

Even bothering to point out how absurd this feigned outrage and silly and illogical singling out of Van Ord is gives the game at the epicenter of this all far more credit and attention than it deserves. (and it's petulant big mouthed creator)

Then we should all agree? Oh, dear lord. No more debating, guys. Take the high road...:| And who cares if someone works for G4? That's about as worn out as EA hate.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1557 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

[QUOTE="spike6566"]

Link to thread: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?board_id=909102864&topic_id=25792526

also

Link to thread: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25945137&page=0 read this whole thread too to see bioshockownz hyping too human. lol wow i dont know who bioshock is, but that has to hurt.devious742

ouch:o

Wow looks like someone predetermined how they felt about a game before playing it...now the whole TH love is starting to make sense.

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1558 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

CronoSquall

I think the quality of the game itself is enough to validate our gaming purchase, thank you.

And please stop acting like you are so much more mature than us silly Too Human lovers because you are defending the "high road" of accepting negative reviews without giving the game itself a chance. Is debate not allowed anymore? Is questioning the integrity of a review taboo? Are we supposed to accept that Too Human is trash because of the general consensus that it is a mediocre experience?

I guess we are. We have been fooled guys and the enjoyable experience we are being presented with by Too Human is nothing but a ruse. I think we should all flock to Gamestop tomorrow and trade our copies in. It's trash. It's better to get good money now before we forget about it and not return it until it's only worth bargain bin money.

Seriously, I don't think I can be snotty enough. We aren't defending this game for the sake of doing so or because we want to justify our purchase. Maybe, just maybe we feel like it deserves to be defended because it's a much better game than it's being given credit for. And I assure you I am not going to forget this game anytime soon, games that I really enjoy tend to stick with me for a while.

Also, the guy working for G4 is not valid criticism. It's cop out criticism. It's your way of saying,"I'll never consider that guys opinion in a reasonable manner because he works for G4 and you are not going to convince me otherwise."

TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1559 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts
[QUOTE="devious742"]

[QUOTE="spike6566"]

Link to thread: http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?board_id=909102864&topic_id=25792526

also

Link to thread: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25945137&page=0 read this whole thread too to see bioshockownz hyping too human. lol wow i dont know who bioshock is, but that has to hurt.W1NGMAN-

ouch:o

Wow looks like someone predetermined how they felt about a game before playing it...now the whole TH love is starting to make sense.

Yep, because when you are hyped for a game you are not allowed to legitimately enjoy it when it arrives with mediocre reviews.

Give me a break. :roll:

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1560 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
I think when I am done with Too Human I'll trade it in. FYI this will be the first game I have ever traded in after beating in 5 years. It's a good game but I think I got caught in the hype wich is very rare for me.
Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1561 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

I've never seen such mixed reviews before, but it seems most places are giving it 8s and 7s with a few stand out 9s, 6s and 5s.

I personally liked the demo so I'll still pick it up or at least rent it but I can see where some of the criticism comes from. Needless to say, Too human will be on a lot of future "most underrated" and "biggest flop" lists.

silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1562 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts

Going to pick this one up later today. Reviews don't really get in the way of my gaming purchases. Hope it was worth the 3 year wait. :D

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1563 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

I knew that this game wouldn't be any good,and what's even funnier ,is that Haze ( which sucks by the way ) got a higher rating.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#1565 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts

Ouch, I got owned.

I know people need to justify their pre-order, but seriously, just suck up the ownage as well. Even some of the more prominent members of the community seem to find this hard to swallow. It's full of lol goodness.

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1566 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

And yet again LMAO flop. 69%

Kevin Pereira suck it... "Bu bu now teh G4 is teh crediblezzzzzzz" Hahahaha!

Official SW flop confirmed.

- Stamped by Hoobinator. For When ownage needs confirming.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1567 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts

I knew that this game wouldn't be any good,and what's even funnier ,is that Haze ( which sucks by the way ) got a higher rating.

sakura_Ex
The game is actually pretty good, alot better than the reviews out there would lead you to believe.
Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1568 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
Wow I'm reading the responses to the gametrailers review. The people who have the game and are saying "I'm actually enjoying this game so far" are getting a whole bunch of thumbs down but the people who are saying "Haha Too Human suuucks. What garbage!!!" are getting a whole bunch of thumbs up. And people say the Too Human lovers are pathetic? :roll:
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1569 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

I think Gametrailers hit the nail on the head with the loot sytem. The fact that the system is scaled old weapons become obsolete extremly fast and weapons just continue to scale with you along with the enemies the feeling of making yourself a great weapon via runes and whatnot is shortlived considering in about an hours time you have something vastly superior as random loot?

In many games like this the logevity of any givin weapon would last you for some time, and the clunky interface just seems to bring the issue up even more as slow unresponsive menues mar outfiting your character, if it was a faster less painfull process I would be less inclined to wish I didn't have to open my menue every few levels to sell off all my useless gear and equip my new loot.

Jynxzor

Actually if you find a set weapon(the red color one) it lasts quite a long time. It had about 200 extra damage above all other weapons in that area. I will probably be using it until I find another set weapon. If you are using just the blue/purple weapons then yes you update a lot.

blushield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1570 blushield
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

All 360 fanboys? Really? So, I'm a 360 fanboy? Give me a break, pal. You can't attack our arguments, so you attack us and claim we are just blind fanboy mindlessly defending a flopped game.

TreyoftheDead

that's because you are

This thread is 80 pages of bitter tears, recriminations, claims of bias, claims that gamers/reviewers "can't play game properly" and "don't understand the game"

As for your "arguments" I ripped all of them apart earlier in this very thread

Too bad you couldn't be more wrong. It's funny, you know, all of the people defending this game (including myself)are among the least biased people on System Wars. Great job.

TreyoftheDead

:roll: sure you are

The game is actually pretty good, alot better than the reviews out there would lead you to believe.Vandalvideo

no it isn't

please stop with the damage control

I've never seen such mixed reviews before, but it seems most places are giving it 8s and 7s with a few stand out 9s, 6s and 5s.

I personally liked the demo so I'll still pick it up or at least rent it but I can see where some of the criticism comes from. Needless to say, Too human will be on a lot of future "most underrated" and "biggest flop" lists.

Master_Hermes

That's why it has an average of 69% on Gamerankings

The highest score it got from a magazine I had heard of was 80% and that same magazine gave Haze 75%

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1571 Snowboarder99

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] The game is actually pretty good, alot better than the reviews out there would lead you to believe.blushield

no it isn't

please stop with the damage control

Have you actually played the game? Or is your only argument crying damage control? It's not that hard to believe people really enjoy this game. It's actually a lot of fun

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1572 Vandalvideo
no it isn't please stop with the damage controlblushield
How on earth is stating my honest opinion about the game damage control? After having spent a fair ammount of time with the game I can honestly say that this game is far beyond the 5.5 score that it was given on this website. I mean, when you compare it to other games that have gotten similar scores you see games that have big problems. Heck, shovelware have even gotten higher scores than this game. All this talk about technical problems is extremely overblown. Over my time playing the game I haven't come across a single technical problem. Not to mention there have been much larger, game breaking problems in other, higher scoring games like Rainbow Six Veas 2 with the character profile whipes. I lost over 60 hours of gameplay when my game profile was completely deleted. Not to mention I've had blue heck jumps in Grand Theft Auto 4, clipping into the environment in Mass Effect, and problems in many of the recent next gen release titles. Too Human is a FUN game, and thats what many people are forgetting here. Does it have its problems? Sure, but at the same time, I"ve had even bigger problems in games that have scored significantly better. There isn't anything game breaking about Too Human. Its an enjoyable experience that can appeal to action role playing fans that love loot collection.
blushield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1573 blushield

After having spent a fair ammount of time with the game I can honestly say that this game is far beyond the 5.5 score that it was given on this website. Vandalvideo

that's the thing, you can't

Reviews are subjective, that review was from Kevin Vanord. It doesn't matter if he thinks the game deserves a 1 or a 10, that's his right

I hapen to agree that the game is garbage, as do a lot of reviewers (Which explains the 69% on metacritic). Notably reviewers from 1UP, Gametrailers, Eurogamer, Gaminformer, Gamespy and Giantbomb

I mean, when you compare it to other games that have gotten similar scores you see games that have big problems. Heck, shovelware have even gotten higher scores than this game.

Vandalvideo

I've played licensed shovelware that was a lot better than the game

All this talk about technical problems is extremely overblown. Over my time playing the game I haven't come across a single technical problem.

Vandalvideo

That's strange, I noticed numerous gliches and technical problems in the demo. You must have a magical copy of the game without any problems

Too Human is a FUN game, and thats what many people are forgetting here. Does it have its problems? Sure, but at the same time, I"ve had even bigger problems in games that have scored significantly better. There isn't anything game breaking about Too Human. Its an enjoyable experience that can appeal to action role playing fans that love loot collection.Vandalvideo

So much lies and misinformation

I'm a huge fan of ARPGs, I did not like too human at all. I love games with good loot, the loot in Too Human was garbage. Too Human has huge problems many have a detrimental effect on the game. Taken together the game is a joke

a joke that the XBox fans on here seem to love, because apparently they're the ARPG experts now

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1574 Snowboarder99

because apparently they're the ARPG experts now

blushield

Don't have to be an expert to know that this game is fun :)

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1575 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]

Too Human is a FUN game, and thats what many people are forgetting here. Does it have its problems? Sure, but at the same time, I"ve had even bigger problems in games that have scored significantly better. There isn't anything game breaking about Too Human. Its an enjoyable experience that can appeal to action role playing fans that love loot collection.blushield

I'm a huge fan of ARPGs, I did not like too human at all. I love games with good loot, the loot in Too Human was garbage. Too Human has huge problems many have a detrimental effect on the game. Taken together the game is a joke

a joke that the XBox fans on here seem to love, because apparently they're the ARPG experts now

frankly it's the most embarassing behaviour I've ever seen from a bunch of fanboys.

Most people defending on this forum are not xbox fanboys though. You are simply trying to make something worse then it actually is. Vandal is not a fanboy at all, if you have been around these forums long enough you would know.

How was Vandal's personal opinion on the game and his personal experience when comparing it to other games lies and misinformation? I have played games that have a lot more technical issues then Too Human but they have scored higher. Too Human's minor technical issues are just that... minor. Sure the menu system could load faster, yes from time to time the game has targeting issues, but that does effect how much fun the game is to us.

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1576 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
[QUOTE="blushield"]

because apparently they're the ARPG experts now

Snowboarder99

Don't have to be an expert to know that this game is fun :)

actually by the standard ARPG standard it isn't that great, he is right.

I think most ARPG for console will get there fix when Sacred 2 hits, thats shaping up to completely take out this thing, the size of the world alone is freakin mind blowing (beta tester).

And it doesn't have a broken loot system, it keeps very true to old ARPG trends.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1577 Vandalvideo
that's the thing, you can't Reviews are subjective, that review was from Kevin Vanord. It doesn't matter if he thinks the game deserves a 1 or a 10, that's his right I hapen to agree that the game is garbage, as do a lot of reviewers (Which explains the 69% on metacritic). Notably reviewers from 1UP, Gametrailers, Eurogamer, Gaminformer, Gamespy and Giantbombblushield
You seem to be mistaken. I am not attacking Kevin Van'Ords opinon one bit. I'm attacking his justifications for the review score, which are completely unfounded. When you look at the other games with similar review scores you notice a trend, and its a trend that Too Human simply doesn't have. Too Human doesn't have any kinds of game breaking elements that you find in so many other games. Its an enjoyable experience. Its not great, sure, but its not horrible either.

Have you played the retail version of the game?

That's strange, I noticed numerous gliches and technical problems in the demo. You must have a magical copy of the game without any problems

And what glitches were this? I haven't experienced a single glitch during my ten+ hours of playtime so far. Not one. And the problems that reviewers claim are in the game I've found to be in games of much higher scoring.

So much lies and misinformation I'm a huge fan of ARPGs, I did not like too human at all. I love games with good loot, the loot in Too Human was garbage. Too Human has huge problems many have a detrimental effect on the game. Taken together the game is a joke a joke that the XBox fans on here seem to love, because apparently they're the ARPG experts now

Lies and misinformation? Try true and honesty. You seem to have only played the demo so far. The demo itself doesn't reind present the finished product very well. Over the course of the game the gameplay changes drastically as the difficulty begins tos cale and the enemies change. The game doesn't keep the same pace you may find at the beginning. Over the course of the game the combat greatly evolved, and its to the point where my character never touches the ground. If you want to claim that TOo Human has "many problems" i suggest you list them and provide evidence of them, because as far as I've seen, there aren't any kinds of game breaking problems that I've seen in games of much higher scores.
Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1578 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

[QUOTE="blushield"]no it isn't please stop with the damage controlVandalvideo
How on earth is stating my honest opinion about the game damage control? After having spent a fair ammount of time with the game I can honestly say that this game is far beyond the 5.5 score that it was given on this website. I mean, when you compare it to other games that have gotten similar scores you see games that have big problems. Heck, shovelware have even gotten higher scores than this game. All this talk about technical problems is extremely overblown. Over my time playing the game I haven't come across a single technical problem. Not to mention there have been much larger, game breaking problems in other, higher scoring games like Rainbow Six Veas 2 with the character profile whipes. I lost over 60 hours of gameplay when my game profile was completely deleted. Not to mention I've had blue heck jumps in Grand Theft Auto 4, clipping into the environment in Mass Effect, and problems in many of the recent next gen release titles. Too Human is a FUN game, and thats what many people are forgetting here. Does it have its problems? Sure, but at the same time, I"ve had even bigger problems in games that have scored significantly better. There isn't anything game breaking about Too Human. Its an enjoyable experience that can appeal to action role playing fans that love loot collection.

And I haven't had a single technical problem with Grand Theft Auto IV or Mass Effect (Framerate drops and texture pop-in aside). >.> Reviews can be off because of a strike of mis/fortune and it's not like a reviewer could say "I had problems but these people didn't" or vice versa since reviews are on self-experience only.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1579 Vandalvideo
Reviews can be off because of a strike of mis/fortune and it's not like a reviewer could say "I had problems but these people didn't" or vice versa since reviews are on self-experience only.Technoweirdo
Maybe I'm just extremely lucky then...wait I know thats not the case because of my track record with game glitches and bugs. I've had problems with tons of major release titles on every single platform this generation. Its funny that the single game that review sites are heralding as the black sheep is the ONE GAME this generation that has seemingly run perfectly fine for me.
blushield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1580 blushield

You seem to be mistaken. I am not attacking Kevin Van'Ords opinon one bit. I'm attacking his justifications for the review score, which are completely unfounded. When you look at the other games with similar review scores you notice a trend, and its a trend that Too Human simply doesn't have. Too Human doesn't have any kinds of game breaking elements that you find in so many other games. Its an enjoyable experience. Its not great, sure, but its not horrible either. Vandalvideo

You do realise that a review is a person's opinion right? and in attacking it you are attacking his opinion

as far as I can tell none of his criticisms are unfounded. I have heard many of the same criticisms from other reviewers and they reflect my own experiences of the game. I've already said that the game is more than broken enough for me

But i'm not an XBox fanboy and I don't have incredibly low standards when it comes to the genre so I guess my opinion doesn't count right?

Have you played the retail version of the game? Vandalvideo

I would give it a go if I thought that the demo wasn't indicative of the final product. I don't so I won't

And what glitches were this? I haven't experienced a single glitch during my ten+ hours of playtime so far. Not one. And the problems that reviewers claim are in the game I've found to be in games of much higher scoring. Vandalvideo

That means that they don't exist!!!!

Even if you were telling the truth (which I seriously doubt) the game still has those glitches. I experienced them and reviewers experienced them.

Lies and misinformation? Try true and honesty. You seem to have only played the demo so far. The demo itself doesn't reind present the finished product very well.

Vandalvideo

So your suggestion is to completely disregard my experiences with the demo (which is suppsoed to provide a taste of the full game) and reviews from trusted videogame websites for the word of some pretty fanatical XBox fans

I think i'll pass

and its to the point where my character never touches the ground. If you want to claim that TOo Human has "many problems" i suggest you list them and provide evidence of them, because as far as I've seen, there aren't any kinds of game breaking problems that I've seen in games of much higher scores.Vandalvideo

Off the top of my head the cutscenes were some of the worst I'd ever seen, the voice acting was incredibly poor to the point where some of it was unintentionally hilarious. The combat was incredibly repetitive and the enemies lacked variety. It was a very easy game and the melee combat seemed very basic (just hold a stick in any direction and go!). the shooting was again pretty basic, pretty broken and boring. The enemies kept getting stuck behind the scenery and their entire strategy seemed to consists of rushing you. Invisible walls. The combat lacked any sort of weight.

like I said, that's enough for me and judging by the reviews it's just the tip of the iceberg.

dk_2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1581 dk_2007
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
I have a positive feeling about this game after reading the previous posts.

The bashers are some people bashing the game with just one liners without any reason or so. I highly doubt whether they have played it. They simply seem to be interested in the fact that the game flopped. Do we see a similar morbid curiosity that attracts the mob towards the site of an accident? My optimism says that this is not the case.

Some of them are also cows who want to take this rare opportunity to bash lemmings. My message to them is that I didnt see this game being hyped by lemmings apart from a few threads. Here, I see "reverse" damage control by cows in the sense that they "did not get" a 360-flop, second coming of the flop, or whatever you put it, on the same level that they (not all of them) prayed for, after Lair flopped.

After looking at the previous posts, the credible bunch of people for me are the ones who at-least provide some "reasons" for liking or disliking the game. And out of them "most seem to like this Game".

Regarding the review: GS dropped the ball this time. It was long due after Gerstmanngate or giving of AAA score to Assassin's creed and AA scores to Mass Effect, R&C and Metroid Prime 3. These reviews may be off by 0.5 or something, but 5.5 for Too Human!!! This score is out-rightly in disagreement with the opinion of the majority of our credible fellow posters.

Shall we call it Toohumangate controversy after we had the unfortunate Gerstmanngate not long ago? :P (Hell!! even Kane & Lynch got a review score of 6.0)

For me a professional review is not about the personal preference of a particular reviewer, but is about what the hardcore as well as general gamers can expect to find in the game.
SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1582 SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"] After having spent a fair ammount of time with the game I can honestly say that this game is far beyond the 5.5 score that it was given on this website. blushield

that's the thing, you can't

Reviews are subjective, that review was from Kevin Vanord. It doesn't matter if he thinks the game deserves a 1 or a 10, that's his right

I hapen to agree that the game is garbage, as do a lot of reviewers (Which explains the 69% on metacritic). Notably reviewers from 1UP, Gametrailers, Eurogamer, Gaminformer, Gamespy and Giantbomb

I mean, when you compare it to other games that have gotten similar scores you see games that have big problems. Heck, shovelware have even gotten higher scores than this game.

Vandalvideo

All this talk about technical problems is extremely overblown. Over my time playing the game I haven't come across a single technical problem.

Vandalvideo

Too Human is a FUN game, and thats what many people are forgetting here. Does it have its problems? Sure, but at the same time, I"ve had even bigger problems in games that have scored significantly better. There isn't anything game breaking about Too Human. Its an enjoyable experience that can appeal to action role playing fans that love loot collection.Vandalvideo

great post. although i never played the game, i do believe that when a common sense is built, it has a reason for existing. the reason, in this case, is not that the whole media is biased against SK, but that the game is not up to todays standards. not to mention how far it seems to be from it's primary goal, announced nearly 10 years ago, and in development (technically speaking, since the story had all those 10 years to be made) since 2004/5.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#1583 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Too Human is the best game to be rated in the 5/10 category.

I personally think its much better then AC which got a 9/10

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1584 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts

Do you have the retail copy of Too Human? Because Adobe, Bioshock, and I *do* so we've played and know what we're talking about, whereas you seem to be making your judgements almost entirely based one of its worst reviews :|

And let's be real, Goldeneye *hasn't* held up - it's another example of people going off of reviewers and hype instead of actual quality. It's not nearly as fun as it was a decade ago, early 3D hasn't aged as well as the peak of 2D - that's not surprising.

subrosian

What makes your opinion so much better than the reviewers?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1585 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

Do you have the retail copy of Too Human? Because Adobe, Bioshock, and I *do* so we've played and know what we're talking about, whereas you seem to be making your judgements almost entirely based one of its worst reviews :|

And let's be real, Goldeneye *hasn't* held up - it's another example of people going off of reviewers and hype instead of actual quality. It's not nearly as fun as it was a decade ago, early 3D hasn't aged as well as the peak of 2D - that's not surprising.

sam280992

No opinion is superior, but System Wars uses opinion as facts.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1586 Vandalvideo
You do realise that a review is a person's opinion right? and in attacking it you are attacking his opinion as far as I can tell none of his criticisms are unfounded. I have heard many of the same criticisms from other reviewers and they reflect my own experiences of the game. I've already said that the game is more than broken enough for me But i'm not an XBox fanboy and I don't have incredibly low standards when it comes to the genre so I guess my opinion doesn't count right?blushield
I never said that Kevin Van'Ords opinions were wrong. I merely said that in the context of what he was telling us, the review score that he gave does not do the game justice. The game doesn't have game breaking flaws like some of the higher rated games out there, and is being enjoyed by the vast majority of people who have actually purchased and played the game. Time and time again the only people who seem to bash this game are the people, like yourself, who have played less than 1% of the overall game in the demo and are believing that everything the reviewers tell them are gospel. I have news for you, its not. The vast majority of what Kevin claims is wrong with the game is , well, not. Not to mention that he hardly gives enough justification for a 5.5. Too Human has its problems, but all the problems it DOES have are minor. A bunch of minor flaws does not a 5.5 make. Not to mention that I didn't want to call you out for this earlier, because I thought I'd spare you, but since you seem so keen on reiterrating that XBOX Fanboys are the ones defending this game let me make something 100% clear. I am not, nor was I ever, an XBOX fanboy. I have an indepth posting history of ANTI-360 if you would actually take the time to read my posting history. I have no bias towards this game. If anything, I would be even more critical because I'm a big time PC gamer. I've played all the action RPG games out there, including esoteric crap like Legend: Hand of God. I've played enough ARPGs to know quality when I see it.

I would give it a go if I thought that the demo wasn't indicative of the final product. I don't so I won't

The demo does not accurately portray the finished product, and only constitutes little over 1% of the overall game.

That means that they don't exist!!!! Even if you were telling the truth (which I seriously doubt) the game still has those glitches. I experienced them and reviewers experienced them.

It means that, from my personal experience, I haven't experienced any of the bugs that the reviewers are mentioning, and the bugs they do mention are present in much higher scoring games.

So your suggestion is to completely disregard my experiences with the demo (which is suppsoed to provide a taste of the full game) and reviews from trusted videogame websites for the word of some pretty fanatical XBox fan I think i'll pass

My suggestions are don't take the word of the reviewers as complete gospel and make decisions solely based off of 1% of the overall game. As I've already stated and explained, the demo simply doesn't represent the finished product, and in no way can be used to say that the overall game is horrible. I personally didn't like the demo, I was personally worried by the review scores, and yet I had a sound enough mind to try the game FOR MYSELF. I was able to formulate an opinon based on experience instead of taking a bunch of elitist snobs on review sites words for it. And once again, I am not a fanatical xbox fan.

Off the top of my head the cutscenes were some of the worst I'd ever seen, the voice acting was incredibly poor to the point where some of it was unintentionally hilarious. The combat was incredibly repetitive and the enemies lacked variety. It was a very easy game and the melee combat seemed very basic (just hold a stick in any direction and go!). the shooting was again pretty basic, pretty broken and boring. The enemies kept getting stuck behind the scenery and their entire strategy seemed to consists of rushing you. Invisible walls. The combat lacked any sort of weight. like I said, that's enough for me and judging by the reviews it's just the tip of the iceberg.

The cutscenes are perfectly find, the voice acting is good considering that the guy from Cowboy Bebop plays a random character, you can switch between Japanese, German, English, French, Italian, ect if you don't like the English voice acting, the combat evolves over the course of the game, the game gets incredibly hard and indepth, the shooting also evolves as there are more types of guns, very rarely do enemies get stuck, invisible walls are part of the level design, etc. You can't just judge from the demo experience or review scores. You have to try the game for yourself before you make baseless accusations.
blushield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1587 blushield

BioShockOwnz

I disagree

The opinion of well respected, well established videogame journalists who do not have a vested interested in the game and who work for hugely popular sites are far more credible than a fanboy who has a (somewhat creepy) fascination with Denis Dyack

Someone who has spent the past few months making topics about how awesome and misunderstood denis dyack is and how fantastic Too Human is going to be. Someone whose entire contribution to this thread has been long, nonsensical, untruthful diatribes that have been ripped to shreds by his peers

I'm going to have to side with sam280992 on this one

I never said that Kevin Van'Ords opinions were wrong. I merely said that in the context of what he was telling us, the review score that he gave does not do the game justice. The game doesn't have game breaking flaws like some of the higher rated games out there, and is being enjoyed by the vast majority of people who have actually purchased and played the game. Time and time again the only people who seem to bash this game are the people, like yourself, who have played less than 1% of the overall game in the demo and are believing that everything the reviewers tell them are gospel. I have news for you, its not. . Too Human has its problems, but all the problems it DOES have are minor. A bunch of minor flaws does not a 5.5 make. Vandalvideo

Once again YOU do not decide what score Kevin Vanord should give Too Human to "not do the game justice". If you want to give the game 10 out of 10 go write your own review. A review that glosses over the countless flaws of the game. A review that ignores any technical issues with the game because "you haven't experienced them"

and I'm more inclined to believe sites like Eurogamer and Gamespot (and Edge when the issue hits) than Vandalvideo from system wars, someone who by all accounts is a huge fanboy and too human apologist. someone whose wonderful exerience with the game does not reflect my own experiences with the terrible demo

The vast majority of what Kevin claims is wrong with the game is , well, not. Not to mention that he hardly gives enough justification for a 5.5Vandalvideo

Obviously it is otherwise he and his peers would not have put it in their reviews, and he gives more than enough justification for the 5.5

I can't speak for you (obviously) but i don't consider boring reepetitive combat, crap loot, basic, broken, glitchy combat and the score of other issues with Too Human. It's a matter of standards, and mine seem to be a lot higher than yours

I've played enough ARPGs to know quality when I see it.Vandalvideo

Apparently you haven't

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1588 BioShockOwnz
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

blushield

I disagree

The opinion of well respected, well established videogame journalists who do not have a vested interested in the game and who work for hugely popular sites are far more credible than a fanboy who has a (somewhat creepy) fascination with Denis Dyack

Someone who has spent the past few months making topics about how awesome and misunderstood denis dyack is and how fantastic Too Human is going to be. Someone whose entire contribution to this thread has been long, nonsensical, untruthful diatribes that have been ripped to shreds by his peers

I'm going to have to side with sam280992 on this one

That's good that you don't want to form your own opinion. Keep thinking everyone is the same in this world, and therefore we all share the same thoughts and opinions...:|

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#1589 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

sam280992

Reviewer (singular) Kevin-V - the majority of the reviews have been "good" or better, his is one of the lowest. Why am I better than Kevin-V? I'm not even certain I'm allowed to go down that discussion path. :|. Why are my opinions on games more accurate? Because I'm able to isolate myself (when playing) from the world of spin, bias, and the shallow-money trench that is games journalism.

I don't wind up having my opinion of a game determined by E3, or by a faulty reviewer copy, or by a review deadline, or dozens of other mitigating factors. I'm not required to deal in genres I don't like, or provide a numerical measure of a game I have a pre-existing dislike towards. That doesn't just apply to Too Human, Kevin-V, or GameSpot - the reality is games journalism has serious problems that keep coming to the surface only to be forgotten a few months later by the general public. Never forget Josh Larson, never forget who pays the bills, and never forget that ego is a bigger currency than fact for those who earn their meager bread in this way.

At the end of the day? An opinion is just an opinion - but mine is free, and mine tells you to enjoy gaming. If you can't trust such a simple concept as "have an open mind and try it for yourself", then I don't know quite what to tell you.

blushield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1590 blushield

That's good that you don't want to form your own opinion. Keep thinking everyone is the same in this world, and therefore we all share the same thoughts and opinions...:|
BioShockOwnz

I have formed my own opinion, I'm just pointing out that the opinions of the journalists I mentioned are far more credible than the fanboy in question

Reviewer (singular) Kevin-V - the majority of the reviews have been "good" or better
subrosian

Depends what your idea of good is really, if by good you mean 5.5 from Gamespot, 6 from Eurogamer, 6.5 from Gametrailers, 50% from Gamespy, 6.75 from Gameinformer and a 6 from 1up then it's a masterpiece

his is one of the lowest. Why am I better than Kevin-V? I'm not even certain I'm allowed to go down that discussion path. :|. Why are my opinions on games more accurate? Because I'm able to isolate myself (when playing) from the world of spin, bias, and the shallow-money trench that is games journalism.

I don't wind up having my opinion of a game determined by E3, or by a faulty reviewer copy, or by a review deadline, or dozens of other mitigating factors. I'm not required to deal in genres I don't like, or provide a numerical measure of a game I have a pre-existing dislike towards.
subrosian

ah yes, Subrosian the bastion of impartiality when it comes to Too Human. i mean, it's not as if you've been drooling over this game for the past few months and fawning over Denis Dyack like a giddy schoolgirl

That doesn't just apply to Too Human, Kevin-V, or GameSpot - the reality is games journalism has serious problems that keep coming to the surface only to be forgotten a few months later by the general public. Never forget Josh Larson, never forget who pays the bills, and never forget that ego is a bigger currency than fact for those who earn their meager bread in this way.
subrosian

Wasn't Josh Larson fired? wouldn't a reviewer be inclined to give a game a high score if he was on the take? hasn't kevin vanord proven in the past that he is not afraid to give a game the score he feels it deserves?

If you dislike Gamespot so much you could always go to giant bomb, but then you'd have to contend with them giving Too human 3 out of 5.

OMG moneyhats!!!

At the end of the day? An opinion is just an opinion - but mine is free, and mine tells you to enjoy gaming. If you can't trust such a simple concept as "have an open mind and try it for yourself", then I don't know quite what to tell you.
subrosian

It's already been established that your opinion is about as reliable as Denis Dyack's when it comes to this game. Actually that's a bit unfair, Denis Dyack would probably be more critical of the game than you
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1591 Vandalvideo
Once again YOU do not decide what score Kevin Vanord should give Too Human to "not do the game justice". If you want to give the game 10 out of 10 go write your own review. A review that glosses over the countless flaws of the game. A review that ignores any technical issues with the game because "you haven't experienced them" and I'm more inclined to believe sites like Eurogamer and Gamespot (and Edge when the issue hits) than Vandalvideo from system wars, someone who by all accounts is a huge fanboy and too human apologist. someone whose wonderful exerience with the game does not reflect my own experiences with the terrible demoblushield
It is not I that is deciding if what Kevin gave Too Human is justice or not. It is precedents set by the games that have come before it. There are countless other games on gamespot that have scored far higher than Too Human that have had similar problems to Too Human. A bunch of minor flaws does not make it a 5.5 game at all. Alot of the review sites out there have gone so far as to state patently false information about the game like, "There is no minimap". Not to mention that sites like 1UP and Gamespot directly contradict each other when it comes to gameplay elements. If you would actually take the time to look at the reviews out there and READ the context instead of just staring blindly at the review score then you'd realize there is a problem here. There is a lack of consensus in the reviewing community about Too Human. Just because its getting bad reviews doesn't necessarily mean the gaming review establishment agrees. Many sites out there disagree on the fundamental components of the game. Gamespot states things like, "There is a good deal of variety in the character skill trees", but at the same time 1UP says that "The game's skill trees are extremely limited and don't give much choice. There is no one consensus on this game as you'd have people believe.

Obviously it is otherwise he and his peers would not have put it in their reviews, and he gives more than enough justification for the 5.5 I can't speak for you (obviously) but i don't consider boring reepetitive combat, crap loot, basic, broken, glitchy combat and the score of other issues with Too Human. It's a matter of standards, and mine seem to be a lot higher than yours

He doesn't give enough justification, especially when the vast majority of what he says about the game is flat out wrong. over the course of the game the combat greatly evolves as the enemies change, strategies evolve, elements and polarities get added to enemies, etc. The combat is nothing like you may find in the demo, and over the course of the game it definitely gets astronomically harder. The loot is most certainly not crap. Look at Giant Bomb's review, in which they explicitly state that there are an overabundance of loot to be had in the game. There is a linear loot progression much akin to games like Diablo. You have Green, Blue, Purple, Orange, etc. Theres nothing wrong with the loot system. Its funny that you say your standards are higher, when you haven't even played the retail version of the game!

Apparently you haven't

On the contrary, I have, and if thats all you can say, then I suggestt you stop.
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1592 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts
Just finished it today, the 5.5 score is ridiculous, it's a shame that they probably won't make the sequels because of the scores it has received.
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1593 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
Riptens Review, 4.5/10

http://www.ripten.com/2008/08/22/xbox-360-review-too-human-too-bad/

blushield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1594 blushield

It is not I that is deciding if what Kevin gave Too Human is justice or not. It is precedents set by the games that have come before it. There are countless other games on gamespot that have scored far higher than Too Human that have had similar problems to Too Human A bunch of minor flaws does not make it a 5.5 game at all..

Vandalvideo

THEY WERE DIFFERENT GAMES!

and I'm guessing that many of them were reviewed by different people. You can not make a direct, like-for-like comparison between two different reviews from two different people on two different games from two different genres.

and once again you do not get to decide what constitutes a "minor flaw" for someone else nor do you get to decide what score they should give a game

for example, I would consider glitching through the floor as unacceptable in a modern game, you it seems would take it as par for the course

Alot of the review sites out there have gone so far as to state patently false information about the game like, "There is no minimap".

Vandalvideo

what are you telling me for? If you have a problem with those statements go to those sites and complain

Not to mention that sites like 1UP and Gamespot directly contradict each other when it comes to gameplay elements. If you would actually take the time to look at the reviews out there and READ the context instead of just staring blindly at the review score then you'd realize there is a problem here. There is a lack of consensus in the reviewing community about Too Human. Just because its getting bad reviews doesn't necessarily mean the gaming review establishment agrees. Many sites out there disagree on the fundamental components of the game. Gamespot states things like, "There is a good deal of variety in the character skill trees", but at the same time 1UP says that "The game's skill trees are extremely limited and don't give much choice. There is no one consensus on this game as you'd have people believe.

Vandalvideo

So what you're saying is that 2 different people from 2 different sites reviewed the same game and one of them found there to be enough variety in the skill trees while the other did not. My God man do you know what this means? It's like they can think for themselves and form their own opinions! Quick call the cops!!!

He doesn't give enough justification, especially when the vast majority of what he says about the game is flat out wrong. over the course of the game the combat greatly evolves as the enemies change, strategies evolve, elements and polarities get added to enemies, etc. The combat is nothing like you may find in the demo, and over the course of the game it definitely gets astronomically harder. The loot is most certainly not crap. Look at Giant Bomb's review, in which they explicitly state that there are an overabundance of loot to be had in the game. There is a linear loot progression much akin to games like Diablo. You have Green, Blue, Purple, Orange, etc. Theres nothing wrong with the loot system. Its funny that you say your standards are higher, when you haven't even played the retail version of the game!

Vandalvideo

Again you are seeing things through your fanboy goggles. He gives more than enough justification for me and many others . You're telling me that the combat in the full game is "nothing like the demo" but I find that hard to believe. For starters a demo is created for the express purposes of giving consumers a taste for a game, so they get to try before the buy. Then there's the fact a lot of reviews of the full game have reiterated my complaints with the combat in the demo. Finally there's the fact that everything you've said in this thread is blatant fanboy propaganda, from dismissing all the game's problems as "minor flaws" to lauding aspects of the demo that I found to be laughably poor

As for the loot I never said there wasn't a lot of it I just said it was crap (and apparently too much according to your quote)

On the contrary, I have, and if thats all you can say, then I suggestt you stop.

I might just do that, good taste is not something that can be taught after all

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1595 Vandalvideo
THEY WERE DIFFERENT GAMES! and I'm guessing that many of them were reviewed by different people. You can not make a direct, like-for-like comparison between two different reviews from two different people on two different games from two different genres. and once again you do not get to decide what constitutes a "minor flaw" for someone else nor do you get to decide what score they should give a game for example, I would consider glitching through the floor as unacceptable in a modern game, you it seems would take it as par for the courseblushield
The thing is, gamespot prides itself on trying to remain fair and impartial, and they have an extremely strict review policy. They review games based on the same platform. If other games had the same problem on the platform and were still able to get such high review scores, then Too Human should have based on precedents as well. Its not a matter of opinion, its a matter of the review structure of the website. Not to mention its not me that is deciding what constitutes a minor flaw. There are hardly any large problems in the game, and like I pointed out, tehre is no general consensus among the reviewing community about what those are.

what are you telling me for? If you have a problem with those statements go to those sites and complain

I'm telling you so you can realize that there is NO general consensus on these games, and the review community hasn't necessarily put forth a solid front on what this game deserves.

So what you're saying is that 2 different people from 2 different sites reviewed the same game and one of them found there to be enough variety in the skill trees while the other did not. My God man do you know what this means? It's like they can think for themselves and form their own opinions! Quick call the cops

I'm saying that the review community is divided. Two of the major review sites have polar opposite statements about the game. As a consumer, its hard to gauge exactly which one is telling the truth.

Again you are seeing things through your fanboy goggles. He gives more than enough justification for me and many others . You're telling me that the combat in the full game is "nothing like the demo" but I find that hard to believe. For starters a demo is created for the express purposes of giving consumers a taste for a game, so they get to try before the buy. Then there's the fact a lot of reviews of the full game have reiterated my complaints with the combat in the demo. Finally there's the fact that everything you've said in this thread is blatant fanboy propaganda, from dismissing all the game's problems as "minor flaws" to lauding aspects of the demo that I found to be laughably poor

Once again, I am not a fanboy. You resorting to calling me a fanboy is kind of low as well. As I've made abundantly clear, I am not nor was I ever an XBOX fanboy. I have a long history of PC gaming and have played the vast majority of action RPG titles out on the market. Not to mention I have a long chain of anti-360 rhetoric on these forums. There is nothing that even begins to suggest that i'm partial to this game. The combat in the full game is absolutely nothing like the demo for a number of reasons: A) The evolution of the enemies B) The adoption of new fighting strategies. C) The addition of polarities and elements to the enemies. D) The addition of faction leaders. E) The procedurally generated enemies allow for variety in the gameplay. Over the course of the game the combat does change drastically from what was present in the demo. Just like in every good action RPG, you can't judge a 40+ hour game from the first hour. You can keep saying that what I state is fanboy propaganda, but at the end of the day all that is doing is harming your case.

I might just do that, good taste is not something that can be taught after all

You should go rent it, don't let the elitist superstructure dictate your opinion.
silentobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1596 silentobi
Member since 2006 • 1495 Posts
This is to funny. People are actually calling Vandalvideo a fanboy. :)
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1597 Hoobinator

Gamerankings 69% from 28 reviews.

Broken down analysis for those that like to bring numbers up:

14 sites ratedwith 7/10 or above - positive
14 sites rated below 7 - negative

Credible review sites, i.e. bigger more well known sites that have weight in internet discussions especially SW.

Positive:

IGN

Negative:

Gamespot
Eurogamer
1UP
TeamXbox
Gametrailers
GiantBomb
Gamespy

*Paper publications were not taken into account, but nonetheless they fit the general pattern as shown above, with many publications disparaging the game, whilst a few gave it a good score because they care for Dyack's sanity...

Overall analysis...flop.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1598 Vandalvideo
Overall analysis...flopHoobinator
You're right. For all intents and purposes, Too Human is a flop. I don't think me or Subrosian are going to deny that. It was hyped AA and failed. Even the more optimistic review sites didn't give it that high a rating. Thats not really what we're discussing though. I think the problem here is that everyone is bashing the game without giving it a chance, and claiming that the review sites are gospel, when in all actuality they aren't. Just browse through this thread and you'll see everyone whose bought it has enjoyed it.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1599 Hoobinator

[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]Overall analysis...flopVandalvideo
You're right. For all intents and purposes, Too Human is a flop. I don't think me or Subrosian are going to deny that. It was hyped AA and failed. Even the more optimistic review sites didn't give it that high a rating. Thats not really what we're discussing though. I think the problem here is that everyone is bashing the game without giving it a chance, and claiming that the review sites are gospel, when in all actuality they aren't. Just browse through this thread and you'll see everyone whose bought it has enjoyed it.

After analysing this post I can confirm.... Damage Control.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1600 Vandalvideo
After analysing this post I can confirm.... Damage ControlHoobinator
How on earth is it damage control when I'm not acting on behalf of the console? I'm telling you this from one gamer to another. Don't let the reviewers dictate your opinion on this one. Atleast rent it before going on some kind of personal vendetta. The collective gaming population's opinion is that this game is fun, and the vast majority of people who have bought it have felt the need to inform people that this game is FUN. Its not a matter of "partisanship" (hehehehe buzzword), but as a matter of gamer to gamer. Heck, you have some pretty big names on this forum who even despise the 360 to some degree coming out in defense of this game urging you to "try it". And thats our message, give it a chacne.