Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/phil-spencer-says-game-companies-must-turn-away-from-dividing-players-and-creators/

“Phil Spencer says game companies must ‘turn away from dividing players and creators’“

Phil Spencerhas used an awards speech to state his opinion that game companies have a responsibility to ensure players and developers aren’t divided, and are instead united“

Apparently Phil thought that admidst a $70billion acquisition which permanently removes historically important multiplats from competing platforms and after MS announces a massive layoff, that’s it’s a good time to sing kumbaya to the world.

Is there a more tone deaf ”gaming CEO” in history? What say you system wars?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

Sounds like some good advice to me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#3 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

“Phil Spencer says game companies must ‘turn away from dividing players and creators’“

Sounds like a good goal to me. Who could spin this as a negative?🤔

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Randy_Lahey

@Pedro said:

Sounds like a good goal to me. Who could spin this as a negative?🤔

Looks like you’re illiterate as well Spindro

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Pedro

And we have a winner.😂🤣

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Randy_Lahey

@jaydan: @Pedro: @Archangel3371:

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Still waiting on the tools. Where they at? WHERE ARE THE TOOLS, bro?

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Randy_Lahey

@hardwenzen: see my post above

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jaydan

Stop talking to yourself.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pedro

@jaydan said:

Stop talking to yourself.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Jesus, TC is fast becoming the worst troll on the board.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15914 Posts

It means Sony and Nintendo should open up the platform for Gamepass

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50557 Posts

So, people choosing not to see Phil's hypocrisy that tc is pointing out, or we full on troll mode 24/7?

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Randy_Lahey

@lundy86_4: what is being trolled exactly? It’s a headline directly related to the current state of an Xbox executive. Phil is a hypocrite.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lundy86_4

@randy_lahey said:

@lundy86_4: what is being trolled exactly? It’s a headline directly related to the current state of an Xbox executive. Phil is a hypocrite.

Trolling is literally posting to annoy others... The issue is that you're fast becoming the worst troll on SW. You just aren't any good.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Randy_Lahey

@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:

Trolling is literally posting to annoy others... The issue is that you're fast becoming the worst troll on SW. You just aren't any good.

My apologies if the article I linked does not make you happy. Maybe next time just click on threads that reinforce your bias?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

OP may be a habitual shit poster, but not sure what I'm missing here. This does seem to ring hollow. Is MS not planning to exclude games from other competing platforms? Games that would otherwise see release on said platforms?

Not rhetorical, I'm really asking, I don't keep up with this stuff day to day.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Randy_Lahey
@Chutebox said:

So, people choosing not to see Phil's hypocrisy that tc is pointing out, or we full on troll mode 24/7?

It appears that burying heads in the sand and then proceeding to cry is the natural lemming response

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Pedro

@Chutebox said:

What is the hypocrisy? 🤔

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Randy_Lahey

@Pedro said:
@Chutebox said:

What is the hypocrisy? 🤔

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

I'm on no one's side here but reading that from Phil Spencer seems genuine to me I guess🤷‍♂️ Of course no gaming company or publisher is perfect but other companies like Sony & Nintendo would be more open minded to this.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By lundy86_4
@randy_lahey said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:

My apologies if the article I linked does not make you happy. Maybe next time just click on threads that reinforce your bias?

He's stated similar before.

"I’ll say the conversations we’re having with whether it’s the other platform holders – which I know at times I make comments about who’s my competition and who is not – for me it’s really about people that today have large gaming audiences and customers, and I find my conversations with those other companies are usually more collaborative than 'two may enter, one may leave' scenarios," said Spencer.

Whilst the new statement is based more on the AB acquisition, the statement still rings true. There is nothing wrong with competing, as that's how the market works.

---

As for your comment on my bias, i'd tell you to jog on with your lack of knowledge on the matter.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Randy_Lahey

@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:

"I’ll say the conversations we’re having with whether it’s the other platform holders – which I know at times I make comments about who’s my competition and who is not – for me it’s really about people that today have large gaming audiences and customers, and I find my conversations with those other companies are usually more collaborative than 'two may enter, one may leave' scenarios," said Spencer.

Whilst the new statement is based more on the AB acquisition, the statement still rings true. There is nothing wrong with competing, as that's how the market works.

You find nothing hypocritical about a man who proclaims that “exclusives are counter to what gaming is all about”, then proceeds to spend billions of dollars to make said games exclusive? Jesus Murphy

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Randy_Lahey
@davillain said:

I'm on no one's side here but reading that from Phil Spencer seems genuine to me I guess🤷‍♂️ Of course no gaming company or publisher is perfect but other companies like Sony & Nintendo would be more open minded to this.

He’s genuinely a bullshitter that’s for sure.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pedro

@randy_lahey: Even when I am not talking to you, you are

😂
😂

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lundy86_4

@randy_lahey said:

You find nothing hypocritical about a man who proclaims that “exclusives are counter to what gaming is all about”, then proceeds to spend billions of dollars to make said games exclusive? Jesus Murphy

He can proclaim such, but he still has to compete on behalf of a publicly traded company. You boil this down far too low.

Again, he's made similar statements before, as quoted.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Randy_Lahey

@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:

He can proclaim such, but he still has to compete on behalf of a publicly traded company. You boil this down far too low.

Gotcha, I guess that’s why the anti-competitive regulators are not looking to block this deal. Oh wait…

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Randy_Lahey

@Pedro said:

😂
😂

Your contrarian view points detract from this thread and make your contributions less than useless. Don’t ask stupid questions when you already know the answer

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By lundy86_4
@randy_lahey said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Gotcha, I guess that’s why the anti-competitive regulators are not looking to block this deal. Oh wait…

Yes, as they are entitled to do so. It has yet to negate the purchasing deal.

Again, he's still obligated to compete. Did you think that was a "gotcha"?

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Randy_Lahey

@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Yes, as they are entitled to do so. Again, he's still obligated to compete.

Did you think that was a "gotcha"?

Right, so once again he’s been involved in Xbox management since 2001 - over 20 years, and has failed to compete until he started buying up the industry. And now anti competitive regulatory bodies are putting the brakes on this ABK deal…

weird how Sony and Nintendo are able to ”compete” and appease shareholders without cutting off the air supply to the competitor.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8854 Posts

@randy_lahey: Sounds like good advice.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lundy86_4

@randy_lahey said:

Right, so once again he’s been involved in Xbox management since 2001 - over 20 years, and has failed to compete until he started buying up the industry. And now anti competitive regulatory bodies are putting the brakes on this ABK deal…

weird how Sony and Nintendo are able to ”compete” and appease shareholders without cutting off the air supply to the competitor.

Once again? It's not been stated. Why are you using a Red Herring, as well as a Strawman fallacy?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@randy_lahey said:
@Pedro said:

😂
😂

Your contrarian view points detract from this thread and make your contributions less than useless. Don’t ask stupid questions when you already know the answer

Translation: "When Pedro comments I am immediately upset."

Do you mean the question that you are fumbling to validate?🤔

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Randy_Lahey

@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:

Once again? It's not been stated. Why are you using a Red Herring, as well as a Strawman fallacy?

you’re speaking like you’re aware of every public statement spencer has put out. So I’m reminding you that he’s been involved at the leadership level for over 20 years and in that time he has been responsible to make Xbox competitive. The one Instance where Xbox starts becoming more competitive is when an anti-competitive investigation is launched by regulators. Is there something you’re not understanding?

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Randy_Lahey

@Pedro said:
@randy_lahey said:
@Pedro said:

😂
😂

Translation: "When Pedro comments I am immediately upset."

Do you mean the question that you are fumbling to validate?🤔

I don’t have to validate anything to you little broken green Fanny. The original post outlines the hypocrisy just fine as other posters have already pointed out. Not my fault you are illiterate.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lundy86_4
@randy_lahey said:

you’re speaking like you’re aware of every public statement spencer has put out. So I’m reminding you that he’s been involved at the leadership level for over 20 years and in that time he has been responsible to make Xbox competitive. The one Instance where Xbox starts becoming more competitive is when an anti-competitive investigation is launched by regulators. Is there something you’re not understanding?

No, i'm not. To infer such, is just poor understanding on your part. Hence the Red Herring and Strawman fallacies you're using.

Nothing i've stated even indicates that i'm aware of every public statement Phil Spencer has made, and to try and dilute the debate to that is just shitty practice.

---

I've understood all your contentions so far, hence why i'm calling you out.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Randy_Lahey

@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:

No, i'm not. To infer such, is just poor understanding on your part. Hence the Red Herring and Strawman fallacies you're using.

Nothing i've stated even indicates that i'm aware of every public statement Phil Spencer has made, and to try and dilute the debate to that is just shitty practice.

There really is no debate here though man. Phil Spencer is a massive hypocrite as outlined by the statements and actions provided in the original post. Saying one thing while actively doing the literal opposite is the most comically hypocritical situations to find yourself in. Bu bu muh shareholders! Lmao

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By lundy86_4
@randy_lahey said:

There really is no debate here though man.

Correct, as i've shown you through your constant use of fallacies.

@randy_lahey said:

Phil Spencer is a massive hypocrite as outlined by the statements and actions provided in the original post. Saying one thing while actively doing the literal opposite is the most comically hypocritical situations to find yourself in. Bu bu muh shareholders! Lmao

Again, he has a literal obligation to a publicly traded company, and has also stated similar ideologies in the past:

@lundy86_4 said:

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jaydan

@randy_lahey said:

Speaking of hypocrisy: Playstation fans have long fought aggressively to keep their exclusives off other platforms.

Only now that this narrative has turned into a losing battle since Playstation games are ending up on PC, are cows pretending they were pro-multiplat all along.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Randy_Lahey
@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:

There really is no debate here though man.

Correct, as i've shown you through your constant use of fallacies.

@randy_lahey said:

Phil Spencer is a massive hypocrite as outlined by the statements and actions provided in the original post. Saying one thing while actively doing the literal opposite is the most comically hypocritical situations to find yourself in. Bu bu muh shareholders! Lmao

Again, he has a literal obligation to a publicly traded company, and has also stated similar ideologies in the past:

@lundy86_4 said:

There are no ”shareholders” of Xbox Lemdy, only Microsoft. Nadella answers to shareholders, not Phil Spencer - he answers to a Nadella. Phil’s little consolation CEO title does not mean that he hasn’t been part of the leadership team for over 20 years and therefore not responsible for all their recent gaming related blunders to date. Nice try tho

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Randy_Lahey

@jaydan said:
@randy_lahey said:

Speaking of hypocrisy: Playstation fans have long fought aggressively to keep their exclusives off other platforms.

Only now that this narrative has turned into a losing battle since Playstation games are ending up on PC, are cows pretending they were pro-multiplat all along.

I don’t see releasing PS games on PC as a losing battle? Having access to said exclusive first and foremost on a Playstation console and then porting it to PC a year later is a win win.

just like traditionally multi platform games remaining multiplatform is a win.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lundy86_4
@randy_lahey said:

There are no ”shareholders” of Xbox Lemdy, only Microsoft. Nadella answers to shareholders, not Phil Spencer - he answers to a Nadella. Phil’s little consolation CEO title does not mean that he hasn’t been part of the leadership team for over 20 years and therefore not responsible for all their recent gaming related blunders to date. Nice try tho

Again with a Red Herring and Strawman. Here:

@lundy86_4 said:

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jaydan

@randy_lahey: Softy, you guys cried for years over the inevitable Playstation games ending up on PC. You guys cried for it to not happen. We all remember.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Randy_Lahey

@lundy86_4 said:
@randy_lahey said:

Again with a Red Herring and Strawman. Here:

@lundy86_4 said:

What is the point you’re trying to make here dude? That if you dig hard enough you can find Spencer backtracking his headlining statement with vague PR speak? Nothing you are quoting nullifies the original post.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Randy_Lahey

@jaydan said:

@randy_lahey: Softy, you guys cried for years over the inevitable Playstation games ending up on PC. You guys cried for it to not happen. We all remember.

Please link a quote of me “crying over PC ports”. I’ll wait.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lundy86_4
@randy_lahey said:

What is the point you’re trying to make here dude? That if you dig hard enough you can find Spencer backtracking his headlining statement with vague PR speak? Nothing you are quoting nullifies the original post.

How would he be backtracking if it was an earlier statement than your OP? His statement seems to fall in line with his scruples, though he still has an obligation to the company and shareholders.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jaydan

@randy_lahey: I never said you specifically. I said cows, your faction: have historically cried against Playstation games going multiplat.

It's why this "Xbox has no exclusives" narrative still lingers, because it's a remnant of the old cow agenda to slander the fact Xbox went multiplat first.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Randy_Lahey

@jaydan: fair enough