To The Idiots who think Cows are complaining about the 9.3 Score on Gametrailers

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Key word: First time on counsels. To you pc superman elitist think ofcounsels as your little brother, he can't can do everything but when he learn something new it's an achievements, Now, no one has fraps on a counsel before Halo 3 and since Halo 3 did it first on counsels it gets the prizedreman999

I play PC and consoles (handhelds too.)

I'm just of the opinion that bringing something like this from PC over to consoles doesn't make it innovative. Going across platforms doesn't change the fact that it's implementing something derivative; something borrowed from another game. Listing stuff like as an "original feature" of Halo, as if Halo invented it, is simply wrong. That's all I was saying.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 dreman999
Member since 2004 • 11514 Posts

[QUOTE="dreman999"]Key word: First time on counsels. To you pc superman elitist think ofcounsels as your little brother, he can't can do everything but when he learn something new it's an achievements, Now, no one has fraps on a counsel before Halo 3 and since Halo 3 did it first on counsels it gets the prizeVelocitas8

I play PC and consoles (handhelds too.)

I'm just of the opinion that bringing something like this from PC over to consoles doesn't make it innovative. Going across platforms doesn't change the fact that it's implementing something derivative; something borrowed from another game. Listing stuff like as an "original feature" of Halo, as if Halo invented it, is simply wrong. That's all I was saying.

Sorry if it was that way than nothing would be orginal, we would say movies did it first or I could do that in real life, or I can watch that on tv why play it in a game. Halo brought it to cousels first, they made a risk to do it. They get the mark. No one did on cousels tilll they did it.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Velocitas8

You've missed the point entirely. It isn't about the video editor itself, it's about how easy and accessable it's been made. With Halo 3 you just go into any recent game just like that, without having to conciously start any recording, and you can take pictures without any other program, which is then automatically posted online for you and your friends to see. People seem to forget Halo 3isn't just rated really high because it's fun and accessable, but because it offers a huge array of community options for every piece of in game content, while still being cheap and user friendly.Vaasman

If that's the case, then you're aruging against something that I wasn't even contending.

Basically, the conversation went like this:

>Someone in the thread implies Halo is not derivative by implementing theater + forge features.

>I make the point that the above features are not really original to Halo, even if they're new to consoles.

>You bring up community and ease of use.

See? I'm not in disagreement with you.

tehpiecemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 tehpiecemaker
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts

Machinima mode. Do any other games on consoles have a feature like this?Cos if there aren't, then there's something UC2 can call its own.

I also find it interesting how the review completely neglected UC2's cinema mode.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Velocitas8

Sorry if it was that way than nothing would be orginal, we would say movies did it first or I could do that in real life, or I can watch that on tv why play it in a game. Halo brought it to cousels first, they made a risk to do it. They get the mark. No one did on cousels tilll they did it.dreman999

That's an enormous leap of logic there partner.

See, the difference here is that the gaming functionality of PCs and consoles IS comparable. Now, real life and video games? Despite what Jack Thompson would have you believe: the similarities aren't really there.

cb_au

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 cb_au
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts

U2 deserved AAA and got it. I dont see any problem in scoring. And every one knows that Halo is always over rated.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"]Sorry if it was that way than nothing would be orginal, we would say movies did it first or I could do that in real life, or I can watch that on tv why play it in a game. Halo brought it to cousels first, they made a risk to do it. They get the mark. No one did on cousels tilll they did it.Velocitas8

That's an enormous leap of logic there partner.

See, the difference here is that the gaming functionality of PCs and consoles IS comparable. Real life and video games? Despite what Jack Thompson would have you believe: not so much.

That not the point. I'm just saying, if what you're saying is true then the first person that took a camcorder and recorded gameplay with itshould own the rights to record and replay, Right?

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

It got a freakin 9.3...get over it:|killerfist

At this high a score, does it really matter what the criticisms were?

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Velocitas8

That not the point. I'm just saying, if what you're saying is true then the first person that took a camcord and record a gameplay with should own the rights to record and replay, Right?dreman999

How so? Recording gameplay with a camcorder is not a built-in game feature.

Quake 2 had it as a game feature.

Quake 3 had it as a game feature.

UT99 had it as a game feature.

UT2004 had it as a game feature.

Halo 3 had it as a game feature.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"] That not the point. I'm just saying, if what you're saying is true then the first person that took a camcord and record a gameplay with should own the rights to record and replay, Right?Velocitas8

How so? Recording gameplay with a camcorder is not a built-in game feature.

Quake 2 had it as a game feature.

Quake 3 had it as a game feature.

UT99 had it as a game feature.

UT2004 had it as a game feature.

Halo 3 had it as a game feature.

Halo 3 did it first on counsels.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Velocitas8

Halo 3 did it first on counsels.dreman999

So?

The point was that it wasn't the first game to feature demo recording.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]You've missed the point entirely. It isn't about the video editor itself, it's about how easy and accessable it's been made. With Halo 3 you just go into any recent game just like that, without having to conciously start any recording, and you can take pictures without any other program, which is then automatically posted online for you and your friends to see. People seem to forget Halo 3isn't just rated really high because it's fun and accessable, but because it offers a huge array of community options for every piece of in game content, while still being cheap and user friendly.Velocitas8

If that's the case, then you're aruging against something that I wasn't even contending.

Basically, the conversation went like this:

>Someone in the thread implies Halo is not derivative by implementing theater + forge features.

>I make the point that the above features are not really original to Halo, even if they're new to consoles.

>You bring up community and ease of use.

See? I'm not in disagreement with you.

The bottom line though is that this means Halo 3 does something unique. It isn't like they reinvented the wheel or anything, but they at least went for something a little new and different. This is where Uncharted 2 lacks. I would be stunned if I found out Uncharted 2 has some gameplay or content that hasn't been tried and tested in some other recently released title. I mean to be fun a game doesn't have to introduce a whole new mechanic, but geeze you could at least freaking try to be different in one way from other titles. Of course I'm not saying Uncharted 2 is bad, far from it, I just think this whole "buh halo 3 does nothing unique either" argument is completely bogus, like most other stupid fanboy arguments. It's especially bogus because the game scored a freaking 9.3! If the game gets a 9.3 and some very slight complaints it does not warrant the complete **** fest launched at GT.

dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dreman999

[QUOTE="dreman999"]Halo 3 did it first on counsels.Velocitas8

So?

The point was that it wasn't the first game to feature demo recording.

So? Halo 3 did it first on counsels.
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Vaasman

I would just like to add that unoriginality wasn't the only complaint I noticed. GT also mentions some stealth sections with hilariously terrible ai, and the game is linear enough to feel confining, so you have no room for experimenting of exploration.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#65 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

[QUOTE="killerfist"]It got a freakin 9.3...get over it:|789shadow

At this high a score, does it really matter what the criticisms were?

That seems to be the case.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
wow this is like that incident with kannagi and how otakus were enraged for a completely unreasonable thing
dreman999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 dreman999
wow this is like that incident with kannagi and how otakus were enraged for a completely unreasonable thingfunsohng
Like sun tanned fairies.
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Velocitas8

The bottom line though is that this means Halo 3 does something unique.Vaasman

It's unique in its simultaneous implementation of the mentioned features (particularly on a console) ..but that doesn't stop it from being a derivative game. The foundation and individual aspects of the game are nothing really new or unique within the genre, they're simply borrowed/improved upon. It's really just the combination of those elements that sets it apart and makes it "unique." Basically: it's not a clone in any sense of the word, but it isn't really groundbreaking or something completely new either. Most modern games are like this..

As for UC2: I'll reserve judgement until I've played it myself, but by looking at it as I do above, it'll probably be every bit as "unique" or "derivative" as Halo 3 is (it's a matter of perspective; fanboys just like to switch how they look at it at their convenience.)

OneLazyAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 OneLazyAsian
Member since 2009 • 1715 Posts

Get over your self. Uncharted 2 has nothing new in IT. Its still a great game.

Halo=massive ai assiste, 2 gun hanlding system

halo 2= full online hub for a cousal game

halo 3= Game record and replay on a cousal fps, forge mode.

Gears =cover system

gear2=horde.

Holo odst....got an 8.9 their...wasn't original like they said and did not score as high as Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 2 got a great score. Stop whining. You fanboy's are messing up their site, I hope you boycott the site forever

dreman999

If Uncharted 2 has nothing new to it then those games you just listed are unoriginal as well. All the "new features" you listed were already done in PC gaming before Halo and Gears even came out. Dual-wielding...:roll:

bluescratch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 bluescratch93
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

People, People, everyone calm down it's only a game. I say everyone put a leash on their Xbox's and PS3s and take them for a walk. Maybe all of you can meet over coffee and afterwards go to an alley to rub some illicit Vicks VapoRub into your bellies and relax. I'd join ya but my GameCube is trained to attack and it would attack your systems.

Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Velocitas8

So? Halo 3 did it first on counsels.dreman999

At least try to follow the conversation. Nobody said anything about "first on consoles."

The question was whether or not these features in Halo 3 are derivative, to which the answer is obviously "yes." They're derivative in the realm of gaming, and they're derivative even within the realm of online first-person shooters specifically.

Regardless of whether Halo 3 did demo recording and such on consoles first or not, it had been done before in other online first-person shooters...major ones, at that.

Get it? Okay.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Vaasman

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]The bottom line though is that this means Halo 3 does something unique.Velocitas8

It's unique in its simultaneous implementation of the mentioned features (particularly on a console) ..but that doesn't stop it from being a derivative game. The foundation and individual aspects of the game are nothing really new or unique within the genre, they're simply borrowed/improved upon. It's really just the combination of those elements that sets it apart and makes it "unique." Basically: it's not a clone in any sense of the word, but it isn't really groundbreaking or something completely new either. Most modern games are like this..

As for UC2: I'll reserve judgement until I've played it myself, but by looking at it as I do above, it'll probably be every bit as "unique" or "derivative" as Halo 3 is (it's a matter of perspective; fanboys just like to switch how they look at it at their convenience.)

Well if you're going to be that rigid about it, UT2004 wasn't unique because it got the idea from normal video capturing software, which got the idea from normal video cameras, which got the idea from photography, which got the idea from paintings, which got the idea from looking at things with your eyeballs. Nothing will ever be 100% original, but your still allowed to bring something to the table that one ups your predecessors. This is something I feel U2 will not do, based on videos and listed features. And again not saying it will be bad, but it will be a copycat. I mean can anyone really argue that it isn't just Gears mixed with Tomb Raider, with a little Indiana Jones and Halo 3 video added in?

Blixxed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Blixxed
Member since 2009 • 1800 Posts

Well, only Cows would start a petition over it, when that happens, it is complete.

Oh wait, they already did. :lol:

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"]wow this is like that incident with kannagi and how otakus were enraged for a completely unreasonable thingdreman999
Like sun tanned fairies.

i dont get it
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Velocitas8

Well if you're going to be that rigid about it, UT2004 wasn't unique because it got the idea from normal video capturing software, which got the idea from normal video cameras, which got the idea from photography, which got the idea from paintings, which got the idea from looking at things with your eyeballs. Nothing will ever be 100% original, but your still allowed to bring something to the table that one ups your predecessors. This is something I feel U2 will not do, based on videos and listed features. And again not saying it will be bad, but it will be a copycat. I mean can anyone really argue that it isn't just Gears mixed with Tomb Raider, with a little Indiana Jones and Halo 3 video added in?Vaasman

Well, but then you're leaving the realm of gaming.

Not that I was really trying to make some profound point. I was just sort of rambling and and speaking my mind. Mainly what I was really saying is that I don't understand how fanboys can claim a somewhat run-of-the-mill online FPS like Halo 3 to be unqiue, but then turn around and say a game like Uncharted 2 isn't.

tehpiecemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 tehpiecemaker
wow this is like that incident with kannagi and how otakus were enraged for a completely unreasonable thingfunsohng
Fill me in :o
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Velocitas8

i dont get itfunsohng

Not sun tanned, ganguro (oh god.)

Dragon Quest IX.

[QUOTE="funsohng"]wow this is like that incident with kannagi and how otakus were enraged for a completely unreasonable thingtehpiecemaker
Fill me in :o

Supposedly it's

[spoiler] implied she isn't a virgin in the manga [/spoiler]

Or some such. Otakus apparently rage'd about it, saying they wouldn't buy the TV series DVDs and all this stuff :lol:

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Vaasman

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]Well if you're going to be that rigid about it, UT2004 wasn't unique because it got the idea from normal video capturing software, which got the idea from normal video cameras, which got the idea from photography, which got the idea from paintings, which got the idea from looking at things with your eyeballs. Nothing will ever be 100% original, but your still allowed to bring something to the table that one ups your predecessors. This is something I feel U2 will not do, based on videos and listed features. And again not saying it will be bad, but it will be a copycat. I mean can anyone really argue that it isn't just Gears mixed with Tomb Raider, with a little Indiana Jones and Halo 3 video added in?Velocitas8

Not that I was really trying to make some profound point. I was just sort of rambling and and speaking my mind. Mainly what I was really saying is that I don't understand how fanboys can claim a somewhat run-of-the-mill online FPS like Halo 3 to be unqiue, but then turn around and say a game like Uncharted 2 isn't.

I think the best thing I can say there is that Halo is by no means original, but still has a feel and gameplay thatis a definite "halo" feel. You couldn't replicate the experience completely by playing a different game. With uncharted you can, because it borrows it's gameplay completely from other popular titles. If Drake was huge and bulky I would swear I was just playing Gears with better graphics.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Well, only Cows would start a petition over it, when that happens, it is complete.

Blixxed

The TC claims it has nothing to do with the score? Bull. In the original post, the comparison is based on score.

Wow... so the score just isn't awesome enough? They're arguing over tenths of a point? There's just no pleasing anyone these days, is there?

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
why all the fuss, it scored 9.3, which is a good score and as for the reveiwer he gave his opinion on the game, nothing more ,nothing less, and he's entitled to that opinion, this is just another case of cows not liking it when someone disagrees with there opinion, i bet they even told him he was in 'denial' about how good the game actually is, hell i got told by cows i was in denial because i thought gears looked better than uncharted, you are not allowed your own opinion as far as cows are concerned
tehpiecemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tehpiecemaker

[QUOTE="Velocitas8"]

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]Well if you're going to be that rigid about it, UT2004 wasn't unique because it got the idea from normal video capturing software, which got the idea from normal video cameras, which got the idea from photography, which got the idea from paintings, which got the idea from looking at things with your eyeballs. Nothing will ever be 100% original, but your still allowed to bring something to the table that one ups your predecessors. This is something I feel U2 will not do, based on videos and listed features. And again not saying it will be bad, but it will be a copycat. I mean can anyone really argue that it isn't just Gears mixed with Tomb Raider, with a little Indiana Jones and Halo 3 video added in?Vaasman

I think the best thing I can say there is that Halo is by no means original, but still has a feel and gameplay thatis a definite "halo" feel. You couldn't replicate the experience completely by playing a different game. With uncharted you can, because it borrows it's gameplay completely from other popular titles. If Drake was huge and bulky I would swear I was just playing Gears with better graphics.

Besides the cover system, what exactly is similar between Gears and UC?
Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Vaasman

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

[QUOTE="Velocitas8"]

tehpiecemaker

The over the shoulder shooting, the visual arc on thrown objects, the way you go down and wait for a partner to pull you back up with one button? And it's not just Gears it's borrowing from.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#83 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

[QUOTE="Blixxed"]

VoodooHak

The TC claims it has nothing to do with the score? Bull. In the original post, the comparison is based on score.

Wow... so the score just isn't awesome enough? They're arguing over tenths of a point? There's just no pleasing anyone these days, is there?

Apparently not. Not sure exactly what TC's deal really is & I'm unsure what the deal is with the Halo fanboys roaming through here saying it is unique & Uncharted 2 isn't. What a bunch of weirdos. I'll just be glad when this game comes out & I can get cranking on it, I don't care if it's breaking something in new or not because the game is going to be a blast to play & is going to look freaking sweet on my Sony Bravia.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#84 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

[QUOTE="tehpiecemaker"][QUOTE="Vaasman"]I think the best thing I can say there is that Halo is by no means original, but still has a feel and gameplay thatis a definite "halo" feel. You couldn't replicate the experience completely by playing a different game. With uncharted you can, because it borrows it's gameplay completely from other popular titles. If Drake was huge and bulky I would swear I was just playing Gears with better graphics.

Vaasman

The over the shoulder shooting, the visual arc on thrown objects, the way you go down and wait for a partner yo pull you back up with one button? And it's not just Gears it's borrowing from.

The point of this is what?