To avoid further embarrassment, MS should quit the console business.

• 54 results
henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I used to be huge 360 fan. Still am. But what Microsoft has been doing this gen has been hugely embarassing to me, to my fellow gamers, and, of course, to MS.

First came the Xbone. Underpowered console that run games at 720p. Embarrassing failure that soon fell under the shadow of PS4.

Then came X1X. Ridiculously overpriced version of Xbone that had zero games. And no plans to make games for it either.

Unsurprisingly, X1X became embarrassing flop.

I dare not think what sort of embarrassing flop MS will produce next if they keep this up.

One thing is clear, tho; MS has fallen so far behind Sony, that they can no longer catch up. They have lost credibility, they have lost their fanbase, and they have lost the best devs to Sony.

If they try their hand on next gen, against PS5, they will lose again. They will just bring more shame upon themselves, and upon us, we, who once were fervent supporters of the Xbox brand.

I beg you, MS. Quit now, while you can still do it with some face left. There is no shame in defeat if you remove from the field with dignity.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@henrythefifth: Take your own advice as your threads are embarrassing.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This guy is awesome

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts

I say just the opposite. I enjoy watching the latest stumbles and fumbles and spin and damage control from an overly wealthy company who can't take an L. This gen has been unreal to see the depths MS will go to earn everyone's love. It's sad, and hilarious.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

Let me get this straight, you want to see Sony play the Monopoly game if MS were to leave the console business? Come on Henry, think like a businessman before you make such a dumb statement.

@ProtossRushX said:

This guy is awesome

Of course he is, he's you're twin brother after all.

darkRecon6Opt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darkRecon6Opt
Member since 2018 • 119 Posts

Wow so original

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

See... When we all keep telling you cows that all you guys do is talk about Xbox....

^^^^This is what we're talking about. It's sad, yet hilarious.

Avatar image for snakes_righteye
snakes_righteye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 snakes_righteye
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

Worst console since the 3DO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

At least when I loaded a thread of hogwash I said it was a theory, and was asking questions, and clearly wasn't serious. In fact its people like you making these ignorant statements that make me believe there really are malicious people out there who will say and do anything to damage Microsoft Xbox.

If you knew anything, you'd know we've heard 20 years of Nintendoom, and seen Nintendo literally just lose 8th gen, and yet they are here just fine, which is something I can't say for Vita. Yet you're willing to condemn Xbox despite not even losing 8th gen, and have this idea that +40 million units sold in 4-5 years is a failure, that +70 million Xbox Live users is nothing, and the millions of copies that Microsoft Studios sales don't count cause on PC. To me, sounds like nothing but excuses against Xbox, and nothing but benefit of the doubt for PS4.

People thought my theories were whack, yet here we are, and think this is an example that people who hate Xbox seem to want to discredit it so they don't actually have to acknowledge them as competition, yet people are so proud and confident in PS4's success, yet afraid to actually give Xbox an honest comparison. I guess it's easier to ignore Xbox than sift through all your own bullshit.

Avatar image for snakes_righteye
snakes_righteye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 snakes_righteye
Member since 2007 • 36 Posts

@saltslasher:

I don't hate the Xbox. I hate it's game selection. I don't want to see it fail, I want to see it at least try to appeal to me. I will buy a console for one game that I can't play on other consoles.

I bought a 360 for Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia. I bought Ps4 for Tales of Berseria and Persona 5. If Scalebound got released I would buy an Xbox.

So I don't hate the Xbox. The Xbox pisses me off because it gives me absolutely zero reason to pay attention to it.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

As long as there's money to be earned ms will be there.

pcvirginrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pcvirginrace
Member since 2017 • 192 Posts

Sony phony. The same idiots who wanted to rip the heart competition out of Dreamcast.

When a console exits the market

"Aw man I miss the good ol days.classic console. Sad day when it left. I use to have one"

But secretly goes back bashing the hell out of it's competitor to die out*

I bet when Xbox is no longer around

"Wow xone use to be so cool. Ahead of it's time. Underrated Bc, gamepass, EA access, uwp, play anywhere, kb mouse support, 4k player, devkit mode, name change, cross console play"

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

They wont though, they will release another console knowing that the same hopefuls that bought the 1X will buy that too.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@snakes_righteye said:

@saltslasher:

I don't hate the Xbox. I hate it's game selection. I don't want to see it fail, I want to see it at least try to appeal to me. I will buy a console for one game that I can't play on other consoles.

I bought a 360 for Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia. I bought Ps4 for Tales of Berseria and Persona 5. If Scalebound got released I would buy an Xbox.

So I don't hate the Xbox. The Xbox pisses me off because it gives me absolutely zero reason to pay attention to it.

If I could only play those crappy games I would quit playing video games period.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Yes, having only two companies making consoles is good for everyone.

That's something I could say if I was a complete moron.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Lol.
This from the troll who insisted Xbox has a total of 4 games.
Again....lol.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 robert_sparkes

I must admit gamepass has been great for me. A game changer.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If they making money on every unit sold why would they leave the business?

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Less options for gamers is worse for all. The more competition the less shit they can get away with. I don't want MS out of the console business. I want them to get their act together!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#22 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Xbox has been nothing but a crutch to gaming.

Dumbed down FPS. Paid online. Kids. Call Of Duty.

Just awful.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@saltslasher said:

At least when I loaded a thread of hogwash I said it was a theory, and was asking questions, and clearly wasn't serious. In fact its people like you making these ignorant statements that make me believe there really are malicious people out there who will say and do anything to damage Microsoft Xbox.

If you knew anything, you'd know we've heard 20 years of Nintendoom, and seen Nintendo literally just lose 8th gen, and yet they are here just fine, which is something I can't say for Vita. Yet you're willing to condemn Xbox despite not even losing 8th gen, and have this idea that +40 million units sold in 4-5 years is a failure, that +70 million Xbox Live users is nothing, and the millions of copies that Microsoft Studios sales don't count cause on PC. To me, sounds like nothing but excuses against Xbox, and nothing but benefit of the doubt for PS4.

People thought my theories were whack, yet here we are, and think this is an example that people who hate Xbox seem to want to discredit it so they don't actually have to acknowledge them as competition, yet people are so proud and confident in PS4's success, yet afraid to actually give Xbox an honest comparison. I guess it's easier to ignore Xbox than sift through all your own bullshit.

1-Nintendo actually won the wii gen,before that they won 2 gen as well,and the handheld one since ever they have won it what has MS win in 17 years on the market? Please don't compare nintendo to MS.

2-The Vita was dead on arrival handheld portable are not selling,and you can cry about how the 3DS beat the crap out of the Vita fact is the 3DS is selling like complete garbage compare to the 2DS and unlike sony who make a few blunder with the PS3 nintendo did none,it has no competition and still the 3ds sales are garbage.

As of march this year the 3ds had 72 million units sold,the 3ds was release more than 7 years ago.

It took 7 years and 1 month to arrive at 72 million,by contrast the PS3 which started at $600 dollars took 7 years to arrive at 80 million.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-06-playstation-3-sales-hit-80-million

The PS3 a console that many consider a sales failure outsold the 3ds by 8 or 9 million in the same time frame.

The DS release in november 2004,and in less than 7 years it sold 144 million units.

https://gamingbolt.com/lifetime-ds-sales-hit-144-million-wii-nears-85-million

The DS in less time sold double the numbers of the 3DS double,so you can clearly see that while the Vita was a failure the 3DS is a monumental failure as well selling less than half the sales of the DS in more time on the market.

Portable are simply not selling even small kids want more an android or iphone than a 3DS or Vita.

3-The xbox one doesn't have 40 million units sold,and even if it did yeah it would still be a failure in close to 5 years,that is slower than the $600 PS3 which people tag as a failure and slower than the 360 as well.

It took the PS3 4 years and 5 months reaching 50 millions,it actually sold like 12 to 15 more units than the xbox one in less time,oh and that is giving by good that the xbox one sold 40 millions.

https://www.engadget.com/2011/04/15/sony-ships-50-million-playstation-3s-eight-million-move-control/

The 360 took 1 year and one month to reach 50 million,again the xbox one is 2 months from been 5 years,and by december this year i am sure it will not have 50 millions.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverchiang/2011/01/05/microsofts-gaming-figures-xbox-360-50m-units-xbox-live-30m-members-kinect-8m-units/#46595d431212

This ^^ is the reason xbox games are on PC.

Funny how live has 40 million users (unconfirmed) and 70 million live users..lol

360 free accounts + xbox one accounts + free PC accounts,yeah joining 3 systems is not even impressive at all.

Live penetration on xbox always was like 50% by the way.

I don't support this thread but neither i support your conspiracy theories.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3024 Posts

Agreed. No one really even cares about xbox anymore.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

OP should quit making threads

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

Nah, I enjoy seeing M$$$$$$ struggling while It cant do nothing good for the gaming market and getting salty for sucking so much.

LnV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LnV
Member since 2018 • 151 Posts

Only if Google(Or other company) enters in the market...Otherwise hello PC...Not going to pay $600 on a console.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#28 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

People were saying the same about Nintendo a year and a half ago.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts
@speedfreak48t5p said:
@MonsieurX said:

You could of said the same thing about Nintendo after the WIIU failure, but they turned that around. This post is the perfect example of why fanboys are just a disease/STD to our market. Microsoft can turn it around next gen if they work hard and release good content.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#31  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
@pcvirginrace said:

"Wow xone use to be so cool. Ahead of it's time. Underrated Bc, gamepass, EA access, uwp, play anywhere, kb mouse support, 4k player, devkit mode, name change, cross console play"

I don't think anyone's going to say that. I think it's always going to be remembered as the console that shot MS in the foot with their pre-launch anti-consumer polices, their forced Kinect that they got rid of and of course, one of the worst selections of exclusives in console history...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

These alts are getting ridiculous.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BenjaminBanklin
@saltslasher said:

At least when I loaded a thread of hogwash I said it was a theory, and was asking questions, and clearly wasn't serious.

Nah, you were serious.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BenjaminBanklin
@pcvirginrace said:

Sony phony. The same idiots who wanted to rip the heart competition out of Dreamcast.

When a console exits the market

"Aw man I miss the good ol days.classic console. Sad day when it left. I use to have one"

But secretly goes back bashing the hell out of it's competitor to die out*

You have my guarantee I will NEVER say that about the Xbox One.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#35 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69466 Posts

The PS4 boredom continues.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@Pedro said:

The PS4 boredom continues.

LnV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LnV
Member since 2018 • 151 Posts

@JustPlainLucas said:
@pcvirginrace said:

I don't think anyone's going to say that. I think it's always going to be remembered as the console that shot MS in the foot with their pre-launch anti-consumer polices, their forced Kinect that they got rid of and of course, one of the worst selections of exclusives in console history...

kids that have the xbox today may do that...Nostalgia is a strong thing...

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 robert_sparkes

Funny how people are focusing on Xbox having a bad gen more than Sony praised for pumping out great exclusive games.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@mclarenmaster18 said:

To me they better learn all mistakes from their Xbox One so they can make their future Xbox generation even better.

This is what happens when a company get's so full of themselves, you think your gonna recapture the lighting in the bottle for not learning what made you so good in the first place. The same thing happened to both Sony & Nintendo, they got their act together and got it right with Nintendo Switch after Wii U disaster & Sony learning from the mistake with PS3 launch and got it right with PS4.

I totally expect MS to get better on the upcoming Xbox Scarlet.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@techhog89 said:

Still say that. Hope they go third party one day....but ninty is too rich to go sega mode

Lilseb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lilseb93
Member since 2015 • 392 Posts

As much as I've liked what Sony had done this gen, a Sony without competition would be very arrogant and very anti-consumer. Competition is good for the industry.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Techhog89
@knight-k said:
@techhog89 said:

Still say that. Hope they go third party one day....but ninty is too rich to go sega mode

No, that's you saying what you'd hope they do as a consumer who wants their software but not their hardward, not what you think is best for them to continue in this industry.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

@techhog89 said:
@knight-k said:
@techhog89 said:

No, that's you saying what you'd hope they do as a consumer who wants their software but not their hardward, not what you think is best for them to continue in this industry.

Of course, I only care about the consumer's point of view.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

It started last gen around half way through the 360 gen. They gave up on exclusives, lost all the third party deals they initially had and focused on Kinect. Should have seen the flopbone coming.

Consider the first few years of 360 with exclusives (or console exclusives) like Oblivion, Bioshock, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, Kameo, Perfect Dark, Gears of War also getting Final fantasy. Compare that to the awful last half of the gen with just Forza/Gears/Halo and kinect garbage being exclusives.

I have no hope that the tactics will change next gen.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Techhog89
@knight-k said:
@techhog89 said:
@knight-k said:
@techhog89 said:

Of course, I only care about the consumer's point of view.

That doesn't appear to be the focus of the thread. Also, It's more your personal point of view than the general consumer. Either way, just just a strong PC and emulate if you feel that way.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

So, Microsoft should be embarrassed because one department which contributes a pittance to their overall revenue isn't number one?

Sony isn't number one in TVs or stereos anymore, maybe they should pull out of those markets to avoid embarrassment.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

No competition/ monopoly = Sony can do whatever they want and you get no say.

tgob89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By tgob89
Member since 2017 • 2153 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

It started last gen around half way through the 360 gen. They gave up on exclusives...

I always tell people this is why people bought PS4 before any games were out.

Brain dead lemmings who want to credit multiplats and PS4's power advantage to why PS4 was outselling Xbone for the 1st quarter of the gen when neither had many big exclusives think people are too dumb to compare the companies history.

2011 - 2013

Sony ended PS3's gen with:

The Last of Us

Ni No Kuni

God of War Ascension

journey

White Knight Chronicles 2

Playstation All Stars

Little Big Plant 2

Beyond 2 Souls

Killzone 3

Kakuza: Dead Souls

Starhawk

GT 6

Puppeteer

Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus

InFamous 2

Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception

MS ended 360's gen with:

Gears 3

Gear Judgement

The Witcher 2

Halo 4

Who the F*ck in their right mind would buy a the next MS system when the company refuses to produce shit for their console once they think they feel they've secured a little market share?

I mean, unless you hate games why would anyone consider making Xbox their primary platform this gen unless they were completely oblivious to how the companies treat their fanbase in terms of support throughout each gen...this is excluding blind loyal xbox fanatics.

People bought PS4 without a second thought because people know that Sony fully supports their consoles...the gen has further validated that logic.

SchnabbleTab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SchnabbleTab
Member since 2013 • 1488 Posts
To avoid further embarrassment, MS should quit the console business.