TLOU Remastered Review Thread: 8/10 Gamespot

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@coasterguy65: but its not exclusive. I can play the game on ps3 and the multiplayer is free.

Sorry meant a PS exclusive..

There's no such thing as PS exclusive.. just like there is no MS exclusive. ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#402 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

So they decided not to "Remaster" the loading times I see. Good lord....

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#404  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

I read the review as a 9 before seeing the actual score. That's really odd.

padaporra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 padaporra
Member since 2005 • 3508 Posts

Well, you have to be a special game to flop in two generations...

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406  Edited By bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHA...

OWNED, LEMMINGS!!! FUCKING OWNED!!! Lems have been anally destroyed by the arrival of the greatest game of all time. It's running 1080p 60 FPS and awesome graphics exclusively on the PS4 while lemmings have nothing but immature shit like titanfail with a pathetic 86 meta. AHAHAHAHAHAHA... Seriously, how immature do you have to be to enjoy some shitty game where you control gigantic robots? Come back when you have some real, mature games like TLOU.

Again, thanks for trying lemmings, but you have clearly lost.

Now this is what a meltdown looks like...

No. I'm jsut laughing at how much SONY has ass screwed MS and lemmings. Last gen, SONY blew their socks away with amazing exclusives that have made lemmings asshurt from jealousy. Now SONY created the most powerful console with the greatest game of all time in 1080p 60 FPS with killer graphics. 95 meta with a high ass user score, something xbox games can't seem to get. Consumer satisfaction - the Xbone doesn't have it.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#407 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@bublover1 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHA...

OWNED, LEMMINGS!!! FUCKING OWNED!!! Lems have been anally destroyed by the arrival of the greatest game of all time. It's running 1080p 60 FPS and awesome graphics exclusively on the PS4 while lemmings have nothing but immature shit like titanfail with a pathetic 86 meta. AHAHAHAHAHAHA... Seriously, how immature do you have to be to enjoy some shitty game where you control gigantic robots? Come back when you have some real, mature games like TLOU.

No. I'm jsut laughing at how much SONY has ass screwed MS and lemmings. Last gen, SONY blew their socks away with amazing exclusives that have made lemmings asshurt from jealousy. Now SONY created the most powerful console with the greatest game of all time in 1080p 60 FPS with killer graphics. 95 meta with a high ass user score, something xbox games can't seem to get. Consumer satisfaction - the Xbone doesn't have it.

you seem to have an odd obsession with anal penetration...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#408 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Ballroompirate:

Yeah I didn't partake in the Twitter stuff. I find the psychoanalysis of the characters absolutely useless. They are not real. I see no reason to try to make any kind of diagnosis on their mental states being they have no brains. Really stupid on the reviewers parts.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#409 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

So they decided not to "Remaster" the loading times I see. Good lord....

cant handle literally 1 loading time during your entire sitting? (when you first boot the game)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 cainetao11

@Desmonic:

You are right. I didn't know they made a claim that there is no way as you say. If the way given doesn't work for a person, then it doesn't fit their gaming and I can accept that given they at least tried. But what you describe is just an I give up kind of thing.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#411  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@Legend002 said:

I read the review as a 9 before seeing the actual score. That's really odd.

It helps boost traffic for Gamespot.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412  Edited By cainetao11

@StormyJoe said:

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHA...

A mature meltdown though. Its also not exclusive to PS4 as I was playing TLOU on my PS3 not long ago. And 86 is a pathetic metacritic score? Wow, I guess TLOU is the only game he is going to play, because KZ and Infamous are below 86 and really are they mature? Some people here really take this system wars too seriously.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413  Edited By cainetao11

@Phazevariance said:

@coasterguy65 said:

@cainetao11 said:

@coasterguy65: but its not exclusive. I can play the game on ps3 and the multiplayer is free.

While I agree because thats how its done here. There is simple truth to a PS exclusive. It cant be played on anything NOT made by Sony or named Playstation.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#414  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I caved and ended up trading in my PS3 copy for the PS4 game. Aside from Photo mode breaking my immersion to play around with it, and being mapped to L3 which I always want to click, it's a decent upgrade. Can't wait to play Left Behind and possibly get into the multiplayer when I'm finished with the main campaign on Hard mode.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#417 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Zassimick said:

I caved and ended up trading in my PS3 copy for the PS4 game. Aside from Photo mode breaking my immersion to play around with it, and being mapped to L3 which I always want to click, it's a decent upgrade. Can't wait to play Left Behind and possibly get into the multiplayer when I'm finished with the main campaign on Hard mode.

Yea, I wish the photo mode button was remappable to R2 or something (I disable listening mode). I've more than once inadvertently clicked it while it the heat of a firefight with many infected rushing Joel.....it didn't end well.

Man is this game glorious in 60 fps. I switch between the two and honestly don't know how I even stomached 30 the first time around. What a world of difference, and I have no idea why anyone would prefer to play this in 30. I'm a fairly open minded guy in that even if I disagree with someone, I can still usually bring myself to see their point, but here I just can't. 30 is an awful, stuttering mess in comparison.

This plays beautifully now, and it's what the game definitely needed. I can only hope GTA V gets the same treatment.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@bublover1 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHA...

Wow. That's an epic ramble. Bullshit, but epic.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@Phazevariance said:

@coasterguy65 said:

@cainetao11 said:

While I agree because thats how its done here. There is simple truth to a PS exclusive. It cant be played on anything NOT made by Sony or named Playstation.

That doesn't matter since its based on platform. If it were that way, then technically, all xbox / pc shared games must run on MS software (windows).

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

So the game has managed to flop twice. LOL

ouch cows

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#421 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Phazevariance said:

@coasterguy65 said:

@cainetao11 said:

That doesn't matter since its based on platform. If it were that way, then technically, all xbox / pc shared games must run on MS software (windows).

Normally I would agree... but I think some line has to be drawn between multiplatform and remasters now.... they are worth something... and unique to that platform. exclusive remasters like Wind Waker HD and TLOU should be counted... but maybe not equal to a full new exclusive.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Phazevariance said:

@cainetao11 said:

@Phazevariance said:

@coasterguy65 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Except microsoft doesn't own the pc platform, it just makes part of it just like amd/nvidia/intel, or would you say they own pc because we need their hardware? ROFL, if microsoft had any say we would be paying for games for windows live like xbots payed for xblive, instead they just gave up.

Meanwhile Sony actually OWNS anything playstation related.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 cainetao11

@Phazevariance: kind of my point. Here in SW its based on platform. Inside Sony corporation they may consider their gaming platform PlayStation. Our definitions aren't written in stone for the rest of humanity.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#424 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Played last night for about 2 hours and im already loving the game!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 cainetao11

@PAL360: it is a great game, right? I still fire it up on ps3.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 PAL360

@Zassimick:

Why dont you turn off the photo mode, and turn it on when you want to take a pic? Thats how i play it.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427  Edited By PAL360

@cainetao11:

Very good in all aspects, indeed!

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#428 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

@enzyme36 said:

I look forward to playing this game.... but I do not care for the uncharted games at all. I hope this is better.

This game is way better than uncharted and I rank uncharted in the top ranks of games I've played. This game is not a game where you can just run through it and do what you want ND actually designed it to where you have to make survival and ammo reservation priority over shooting a bunch of people to make it through the game. Playing on hard you have limited supplies and have to evaluate how you want to approach every scenario, sometimes it's okay to fight but even in situations where I knew I could win the fight I would choose to conserve my resources.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#429 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts
@PAL360 said:

@Zassimick:

Why dont you turn off the photo mode, and turn it on when you want to take a pic? Thats how i play it.

I've been considering it, but what if there is that one moment that I need to take a photo!? I'd miss it! :P I'm assuming that's why they put it on L3, for quick reaction. If I don't get used to it I'll certainly turn it off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 deactivated-583e460ca986b

So....... Does anyone here play with the 30 fps lock ON? I tried it a couple of times and I don't know why anyone would play like that now that we have the capability to play in 60fps. Anyone that claims they don't notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps needs to play around with it in TLOU. The difference is HUGE.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431  Edited By g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts
@delta3074 said:

@Gue1 said:

@delta3074 said:

@g0ddyX said:

@delta3074:

Half Life 2 is GOTY material and an industry changer.

You should be glad that TLOU stands next to it.

Can you believe people out there hate games like Half Life 2 and TLOU and others....

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=750221

I dont even think that is the full list cos there are lot of other companies and magazines in countries that have not been listed. Its time you play the game and enjoy instead of joining the hate bandwagon thats if your not part of it already.

TLOU is not an industry Changer like Half life 2, and i don't hate TLOU, it's a good game but it doesn't bring anything new to the table like HL2 and it certainly doesn't deserve to stand with HL2 in my opinion, HL2 bought us a level of physics never really seen before in a game and a FAR better storyline than TLOU in my opinion.

And thats muy biggest problem around here, apparently if lots of Gamesites give TLOU a AAA rating somehow Gamespot has to fall in line and follow the herd or lose all credibility and in my View there is no point in having reviews if every game somehow has to be review and given a certain Score, not being able to have your own opinion when you review games defeats the whole purpose of reviewing the game in the first place.

You obviously Love TLOU, more power to you, i played it, thought it was a pretty good game, but it was nothing special and i have played hundreds of Pretty good games in my time and it certainly isn't the best survival horror i have played either..

Like i said, thats my opinion but somehow i know you will come back at me and say my opinion is wrong, even though by there very nature, Opinions are never wrong because they are just that, an opinion, someones point of view.

You disagree with GS review, thats YOUR opinion which holds no more or less merit than the person who reviewed the games opinion.

Opinions based on wrong facts are wrong no matter how you try to spin that shit. And if you don't realize something as simple as this I don't think you'd be intelligent enough to appreciate the greatness of The Last of Us. The blend of gameplay with story-telling that so many games try to achieve but fail.

And what facts are Wrong dude? why don't you explain to me what was said in the review that was factually incorrect?

Also, No you are wrong, Opinions can be misguided but they cannot be wrong dude because our opinions are based on what we actually Know, you cannot say someones opinion is wrong if they are blessed with less than all the Facts.

'The blend of gameplay with story-telling that so many games try to achieve but fail.'

which , again, is just an opinion, an opinion i disagree with because i didn't find the Premiss of the storyline to be impressive let alone the storyline itself, am i wrong because it just wasn't my cup of tea?

It all boils down to personal preference, are you going to tell someone who really doesn't like survival horrors that they are wrong because they don't like a survival horror storyline, of course not, that would be naive and stupid.

I thoroughly enjoyed Reaches storyline and i found it to be a much better story than TLOU, why you ask yourself? because i Love Sci-fi far more than i love survival horror, and i liked the 'last desperate battle against overwhelming odds on a large scale' storyline 'we are going to lose but we are going to fight till the last anyway' kind of Atmosphere.

Everybody else said reaches Storyline was Rubbish but i didn't moan and bitch just because people didn't share my opinion, each to there own and different courses for different horses mate.

which , again, brings me to my point, a Review is an OPINION and people are entitled to there opinions whether you like it or not, just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong, why don't you just stick to your own opinion and have the good grace to allow others to have theres without jumping on them from a great height eh?

But TLOU is an industry changer. Half Life 2 bought shit loads to the industry, even its Mods are like one of the best..

TLOU stands next to it but has bought other things to the table.

A lot of other developers you may like praise Naughty Dogs work and they deserve every credit they can get.

I love sci fi more than horror, but I can acknowledge the masterpiece in TLOU, Uncharted, MGS, GTA etc as well.

Instead of being an hater like some fanboys

The combination of Graphics, Gameplay, Story are usually the best of the best games.

These are high standard games.

There are games that are complete opposite of what you may like such as a Mario game to the physics of Little Big Planet to a point and click indie cartoon adventure game. They too have got GOTY and awards and such.

I can understand the opinion of my 6 year old cousin liking Mario more so than GTA5, in contrast to my friend, a full time doctor liking Assassins Creed 4 to Pikmin 3.

But heres to TLOU 2 and Half Life 3 raising the bar further ;)

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#432 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

So....... Does anyone here play with the 30 fps lock ON? I tried it a couple of times and I don't know why anyone would play like that now that we have the capability to play in 60fps. Anyone that claims they don't notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps needs to play around with it in TLOU. The difference is HUGE.

False. Didn't you hear? To notice the difference you need a 60" screen. Are you playing on a 60"? No, you aren't, which means you're lying about noticing the difference!

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

Caroline left gamespot today. Thank god. Hopefully Tom is next

https://twitter.com/carolynmichelle/status/494569999529304064

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#434 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@silversix_ said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

False. Didn't you hear? To notice the difference you need a 60" screen. Are you playing on a 60"? No, you aren't, which means you're lying about noticing the difference!

Lol!

But just to be clear. If you are referring to what I think you are, Microsoft was talking about resolution. Which is also crazy. But I'm playing the XB1 and PS4 on a 70" so I can't call them liars until I hook the consoles up on a smaller t.v.? I'm not doing that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@D4RKL1NG said:

Oh come on. She was a great personality on this site! So she said a few things that people didn't agree with. So what?

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#436  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Decent game. Buy it if you never payed.

Uh I guess get it if you can get it cheap if you've played

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@D4RKL1NG said:

Oh come on. She was a great personality on this site! So she said a few things that people didn't agree with. So what?

Opinions are fine and nobody can be completely without bias, but letting opinions, especially REALLY stupid ones have a noticeable impact on your outlook of something you are being paid to review as objectively as possible is not ok. this is probably for the best.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#438  Edited By shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

@D4RKL1NG said:

oh thank god i hope Tom follow suit and leave too

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#439 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

8.0 is a little generous. I'm a few hours in, and all it is seems to be moving from area to area while some ladies yell at me and I occassionally pick up a plank or a ladder and place it with triangle and sometimes rooms have some bad guys in them.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#440  Edited By shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

does it really matter what score it got here ?! calling it flop because teh SW rules which no one even care about doesn't say much really

It's the most awarded game in history with 95% metascore both critcs and gamers love it to death ...even the trolls can't stop talking about it

it's 20+ hours of joy to me ...Epic Epic game and one of the best games i have ever played since Atari that's all that matters to me

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#441  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

I would've bought it had there been a decent graphical upgrade

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#442 SuddenlyTragic
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

And that's why multiplats on PC are preferred by everyone who owns a gaming PC. Playing Watch_Dogs, Assassin's Creed, etc. on a PC is like night and day compared to the console version. I'm glad Naughty Dog has included the option to toggle between 30 and 60fps, I feel like most console gamers don't truly understand the difference. A guy I work with who is probably a bigger gamer than I am plays only console games and tried to tell me that the human eye can't detect the difference between 30 and 60fps. But he got TLOU yesterday and boy was he proven wrong. He was shocked at the difference and impact framerates really do make in terms of gameplay.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#443 SuddenlyTragic

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHA...

Wow, calm down...A last gen game running in 1080p/60fps on a console released 7 years after the PS3. Not hating on TLOU at all, I love the game but still...It's just a rehash of a year old game. Wouldn't consider that ownage. And why exactly is it "immature" to enjoy one of the best multiplayer games of the past year? Also since when is a score of 86 on Metacritic considered "pathetic." So much wrong with this post...And this is coming from a PS4 owner...You're embarrassing us.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#444  Edited By bublover1

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHA...

Wow, calm down...A last gen game running in 1080p/60fps on a console released 7 years after the PS3. Not hating on TLOU at all, I love the game but still...It's just a rehash of a year old game. Wouldn't consider that ownage. And why exactly is it "immature" to enjoy one of the best multiplayer games of the past year? Also since when is a score of 86 on Metacritic considered "pathetic." So much wrong with this post...And this is coming from a PS4 owner...You're embarrassing us.

I doubt the Xbone would be able to run TLOU: R in 1080p/60 FPS. 792p @ 30-40 FPS with some graphical downgrades on the Xbone.

SuddenlyTragic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#445 SuddenlyTragic

@bublover1 said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHA...

I doubt the Xbone would be able to run TLOU: R in 1080p/60 FPS. 792p @ 30-40 FPS with some graphical downgrades on the Xbone.

I'm sure it could actually. And what does this have to do with the Xbox One?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#446 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

The game is amazing so far, think im about 5hrs in. Hard to stop playing once i start up again lol.

Honestly, though, i can see why it got an 8 as opposed to 9+

The AI is the biggest issue i have, it is stupid at cheap at times which kind of takes you out of the immersion.

The AI follows you even if you move without any sound which destroys any strategy you have going into a section.

For example, when i got to a certain building (trying to avoid spoilers) i was excited because i had planned ahead and hoarded some supplies (almost died in the previous section but it paid off). So im sneaking around using my listening skill and realize that even if i moved completely quiet and stealthy.......the AI still wanders in my area and circles me. So whats the point of actually planning? Why wouldnt i just hoard weapons and go "panther" so to speak? I should be able to avoid encounters if i want, shouldnt be forced into combat. Makes investing in crafting and stealth skills kind of pointless as well. (im playing on hard btw)

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#447  Edited By Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

@shadiezz2012 said:

@D4RKL1NG said:

oh thank god i hope Tom follow suit and leave too

Apparently he's also been let go with a few others. :/

Confirmed to have been laid off:

Carolyn Petit / Tom Mc Shea / Justin Calvert / Maxwell McGee / Ryan Mac Donald & Benito Gonzalez

Granted I won't miss any of them but, I do hope they find work soon.

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#449 bublover1

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@bublover1 said:

@SuddenlyTragic said:

@bublover1 said:

AHAHAHA...

I'm sure it could actually. And what does this have to do with the Xbox One?

Considering titanfall on the Xbone, I seriously doubt that. The Xbone isn't much stronger than the 360.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#450 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17426 Posts

@bublover1 said:

@navyguy21 said:

The game is amazing so far, think im about 5hrs in. Hard to stop playing once i start up again lol.

Honestly, though, i can see why it got an 8 as opposed to 9+

The AI is the biggest issue i have, it is stupid at cheap at times which kind of takes you out of the immersion.

The AI follows you even if you move without any sound which destroys any strategy you have going into a section.

For example, when i got to a certain building (trying to avoid spoilers) i was excited because i had planned ahead and hoarded some supplies (almost died in the previous section but it paid off). So im sneaking around using my listening skill and realize that even if i moved completely quiet and stealthy.......the AI still wanders in my area and circles me. So whats the point of actually planning? Why wouldnt i just hoard weapons and go "panther" so to speak? I should be able to avoid encounters if i want, shouldnt be forced into combat. Makes investing in crafting and stealth skills kind of pointless as well. (im playing on hard btw)

Enemies aren't alerted if they see a companion AI, so you're not "forced into combat".

GTFO, you lemming trash. You probably don't even have the game.

Or...........you can just check my PSN and see........without the insults?

Also, did you read what i wrote? I didnt say anything about the party AI, clearly having enemies notice them would break the game.

I clearly said they followed the player..........which they do.

So if i dont blindly praise............im lemming trash?