TITANFALL REVIEWS INSIDE -- GS - 9 HYPE MET (Keep it here!)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#701 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Message me your gamer tag dude. I'm getting it tomorrow.

When I grab it, I will. I just got a car today, so that puts off the X1 buy :P

Congrats, that's always a fun time, until I look at the statement haha

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#702 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@MBirdy88 said:

you just ignore every fkin rebutal to this don't you?

What rebutal.? and lets not forget that Mag actually was bigger in scale to Titanfall,and support a hell of allot more players.

Having small content for $60 can't be downplay for Titanfall when games like COD are way bigger now that they were on 2010 when Mag came out,now COD has a truck load of modes,and if Mag was slam by having little content so should Titanfall i freaking hate double standards..

Is like Digital Foundry 1080p PC vs 900p PS4 is a massive gap,but 1080p PS4 vs 720p xbox one is nothing...lol

Some journalist are a damn joke.

So... much... butthurt...

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#703  Edited By ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

Some pc site is saying that the engine used in titan fall is older and less complex than the engine that powers decade+ old Count Strike, rofl.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#704  Edited By AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts
@Kjranu said:

@AdobeArtist said:
@Kjranu said:

EA and Microsoft will stop giving Gamespot ad business if they review Titanfall poorly. It's enough proof that reviewers are under pressure to give crap games great scores. Anyone remembers Gerstmann debacle?

So Gamespot would be equally attached to receiving Sony ad revenue when it comes to reviews for MGS4 and Uncharted, right?

Sony doesn't have a history of strong-arming people, EA and Microsoft on the other hand...

And of course you can provide credible sources to the other two "strong arming" the media. Right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#705 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
@silversix_ said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@silversix_ said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@silversix_ said:

10 weapons

5 game modes

3 titan classes

0 real campaign

$60

9/10

Like it doesn't get more pathetic than that when it comes to content.

wait, wait, wait, wait, wait,...

wait !

How can there be 10 weapons in the main game, when there were already over 10 weapons in the beta ? That just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

10 main weapons, 4-5 rockets and 3 side arms (3 pistols to chose from, such wow of a choice we got here haha). I meant 10 as 10 main weapons lol TEN.... i don't think i've played a single game since 08 with such a mediocre amount.

Again, you are not making any sense. You have:

pilot primary weapons

pilot secondary weapons

pilot ordnance

titan primary weapons

titan secondary weapons

titan ordnance

Why would only one of those count as weapons ? What's a main weapon ? A pilot's main weapon ?

And even by that abstract standard, I'll always enjoy MOH:AA, BF1942 or RTCWs limited but balanced arsenal of weapons over the unbalanced unlock-fests that competitive shooters have turned in today. Yay, 250 weapons that are slightly different from eachother. Gotta catch em all.

Yeah? What about having 20-30 main weapons and ~10 side weapons? Oh this is too much because its unbalanced? But auto headshot pistols is fine... Also if you checked totalbiscuits vid you'd know that every weapon feels the same in this game. You have a mediocre arsenal weapon choice and they did not even managed to make them feel unique. You talk about having 250 weapons with slight difference with each other, well guess wut? In this game instead of 250 weapons with slight difference, there's only 10 weapons with slight difference. Ten copy/pasted weapons with different skins. Such amazing balance. Titanfall 2 will have three weapons in the game=more balanced.

I felt like I only had 3-4 weapons in BF so why does it matter? a waste of my time.

Fun Factor again bro, it may be "skimpy" on weapon variety (somehow.... because of some stupid "main weapon nitpicking") doesn't change the fun of the game.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#706 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@ZoomZoom2490 said:

Some pc site is saying that the engine used in titan fall is older and less complex than the engine that powers decade+ old Count Strike, rofl.

could i have the link for that article please?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#707 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Apparently TF on Xbone is not a smooth experience according to GB and Kotaku.

From Gerstmann as well.

"The frame rate in Titanfall is uneven on the Xbox One and though it's usually fine, it can get downright nasty in specific situations. In one Last Titan Standing match--where every player spawns in a robot suit--several players crammed their mechs into a tight area and began duking it out, and the frame rate dived down to what must have been single digits per second. Even out in wider areas, the game feels a little hitchy from time to time, and there's noticeable tearing throughout. The visuals in Titanfall look nice, but that's mostly due to some solid art and interesting design, not the performance. As of this writing, I haven't seen enough of the PC version to know how well it runs."

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/this-is-not-a-titanfall-review-yet/1900-630/

Damn dude, single digits? What the shit?

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#708 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Ny preference is ps4 over x1. But this has aroused my curiosity. Definitely gonna download it later, on the better system which is the PC.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#709 ZoomZoom2490

you know how bad Xbox One is when its user base is bragging about a multiplat game running on a 12 year old engine and still getting fps in single digits.

bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu AAA, rofl.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#710 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:
@silversix_ said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@silversix_ said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@silversix_ said:

10 weapons

5 game modes

3 titan classes

0 real campaign

$60

9/10

wait !

How can there be 10 weapons in the main game, when there were already over 10 weapons in the beta ? That just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

10 main weapons, 4-5 rockets and 3 side arms (3 pistols to chose from, such wow of a choice we got here haha). I meant 10 as 10 main weapons lol TEN.... i don't think i've played a single game since 08 with such a mediocre amount.

pilot primary weapons

pilot secondary weapons

pilot ordnance

titan primary weapons

titan secondary weapons

titan ordnance

Why would only one of those count as weapons ? What's a main weapon ? A pilot's main weapon ?

And even by that abstract standard, I'll always enjoy MOH:AA, BF1942 or RTCWs limited but balanced arsenal of weapons over the unbalanced unlock-fests that competitive shooters have turned in today. Yay, 250 weapons that are slightly different from eachother. Gotta catch em all.

Yeah? What about having 20-30 main weapons and ~10 side weapons? Oh this is too much because its unbalanced? But auto headshot pistols is fine... Also if you checked totalbiscuits vid you'd know that every weapon feels the same in this game. You have a mediocre arsenal weapon choice and they did not even managed to make them feel unique. You talk about having 250 weapons with slight difference with each other, well guess wut? In this game instead of 250 weapons with slight difference, there's only 10 weapons with slight difference. Ten copy/pasted weapons with different skins. Such amazing balance. Titanfall 2 will have three weapons in the game=more balanced.

it may be "skimpy" on weapon variety

well here's the problem. its not only skimpy on weapons selection, its skimpy on EVERYTHING but map selection. That is the problem.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#711 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

From Gerstmann as well.

"The frame rate in Titanfall is uneven on the Xbox One and though it's usually fine, it can get downright nasty in specific situations. In one Last Titan Standing match--where every player spawns in a robot suit--several players crammed their mechs into a tight area and began duking it out, and the frame rate dived down to what must have been single digits per second. Even out in wider areas, the game feels a little hitchy from time to time, and there's noticeable tearing throughout. The visuals in Titanfall look nice, but that's mostly due to some solid art and interesting design, not the performance. As of this writing, I haven't seen enough of the PC version to know how well it runs."

Thank God for PC version

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#712 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@silversix_ said:
@MBirdy88 said:
@silversix_ said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@silversix_ said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@silversix_ said:

10 weapons

5 game modes

3 titan classes

0 real campaign

$60

9/10

wait !

pilot primary weapons

pilot secondary weapons

pilot ordnance

titan primary weapons

titan secondary weapons

titan ordnance

it may be "skimpy" on weapon variety

well here's the problem. its not only skimpy on weapons selection, its skimpy on EVERYTHING but map selection. That is the problem.

So is counter-strike.... should I really care if the core gameplay is great? I already know the answer.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#713 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

Thank God for PC version

QFT

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#714 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@cainetao11 said:

Message me your gamer tag dude. I'm getting it tomorrow.

When I grab it, I will. I just got a car today, so that puts off the X1 buy :P

Congrats, that's always a fun time, until I look at the statement haha

Pretty much lol. Thanks. Might have preferred an X1 with Titanfall though.

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#715 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts

Ive seen so many different opinions on this game, It seems like a game you're either gonna love or hate it.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#716 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Superb.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#717  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@seanmcloughlin said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

From Gerstmann as well.

Thank God for PC version

totally.

I thought frame rate was king lemmings? How the hell are you going to remain competitive when you guys are struggling at -10 fps, lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#718 lundy86_4

Cows need to take a break. You have ZoomZoom largely talking to himself, and tormentos with his usual whining. I guess it isn't a high-scoring game, until the other side starts crying about it.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#719  Edited By ZoomZoom2490
@vincent380 said:

Ive seen so many different opinions on this game, It seems like a game you're either gonna love or hate it.

if you are age of 12 and under of age you will love it.

no joke, people are saying that the game is for very young audience.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#720  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
@ZoomZoom2490 said:

@vincent380 said:

if you are age of 12 or under of age you will love it.

no joke, people are saying that the game is for kids.

Who are they? and what makes it "for kids" exactly? sounds like something kids/teens wanting to be adults would say.... ironically. you fit the bill.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#721  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46282 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I think last month someone called me a lemming actually, lol.

See, it's all subjective :p

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#722 lundy86_4

@ZoomZoom2490 said:
@vincent380 said:

Yes, a Mature rated game is for kids. Sure.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#723  Edited By CrownKingArthur

@ZoomZoom2490 said:
@vincent380 said:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/search.jsp?titleOrPublisher=Titanfall&javaScript=0&searchVersion=compact&searchType=title&contentCriteria&newSearch.x=34&newSearch.y=7

so there's that one debunked.

anyway, how about that link regarding the game engine? very interested.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#724  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@MBirdy88: yes. if you enjoy call of duty in 2014 its great, 10/10, wow n all of that.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#725 R4gn4r0k

@MBirdy88 said:

So is counter-strike.... should I really care if the core gameplay is great? I already know the answer.

I'm not going to bother anymore. Silver doesn't seem to understand that just adding more slightly different weapons/perks/unlocks just for the sake of there being more doesn't make for a better game. it's probably moderngameritis or something, because when I was heavy into online competitive shooters I never cared about how many weapons there were or how much stuff I could unlock. That is not where the fun came from for me.

I love how devided people are on this game:

"It's too much like COD, it's basically COD with mechs"

"It has too few weapons and no SP, it should be more like COD"

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#726 R4gn4r0k

@lundy86_4 said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:
@vincent380 said:

Yes, a Mature rated game is for kids. Sure.

So we've had 'idiots reviewed this game' and 'it can only be enjoyed by kids'

Nice, all that is missing now is comparing this game to Nazi Germany and Hitler.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#727 lundy86_4

@R4gn4r0k said:

Nice, all that is missing now is comparing this game to Nazi Germany and Hitler.

Godwin's Law says that it's coming lol.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#728  Edited By ZoomZoom2490

hahahahhah, it just goes to show you how desperate you are showing me that the game is rated M.

the gameplay is for kids, end of story, bu bu bu bu ketchup seeping from destroyed mechs is manly, rofl.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#729 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

you know how bad Xbox One is when its user base is bragging about a multiplat game running on a 12 year old engine and still getting fps in single digits.

bu bu bu bu bu bu bu bu AAA, rofl.

Why wouldn't anyone brag about a great game on a system they enjoy playing on? You're just butthurt because it's not on the PS4. Why don't you stop your DC and just move on. No point in crying more since you've done enough of it already.

This is why cows are considered such jokes.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#730 R4gn4r0k

@lundy86_4 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Godwin's Law says that it's coming lol.

There should be a law that says that when a discussion on SW grows the probability of someone saying the game is for kids approaches 1.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#731  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

Why do people hate a game just because of the system its on, and even worse off, why do people feel the need to shit on others for having a differing opinion. If you don't like it, don't talk about it and focus on a game you like instead?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#732  Edited By CrownKingArthur
@ZoomZoom2490 said:

hahahahhah, it just goes to show you how desperate you are showing me that the game is rated M.

gameplay is for kids, end of story, bu bu bu bu ketchup seeping from destroyed mechs is manly, rofl.

no, you're saying it's for a young audience, around 12. and I'm saying - that's impossible. i didn't say anything about the gameplay.

anyway, where's this link regarding the game engine? this is the third time i've asked for it.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#733 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12062 Posts

Man this is an epic thread of tears, butt hurt, and DC..............

Cows should just take a break.

I think it is awesome that Cows say it didn't meet the hype going off of SW AAA but use MC to actually say the game is AA...............

It is so classic Cow.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#734 lundy86_4

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

the gameplay is for kids, end of story, bu bu bu bu ketchup seeping from destroyed mechs is manly, rofl.

You said that people are stating that the game is for a young audience, when it is aimed at a Mature audience, determined by the ESRB rating. Dude, your argument was balls, and it got shot down. Cry more.

hamster3_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#735 hamster3_3
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

Wow, I thought it was going to score a 7 or 8. Was not expecting a 9.

I enjoyed the little I played on the beta but it's not a game I'm going to run out and buy.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#736 R4gn4r0k

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Thank God for PC version

totally.

I thought frame rate was king lemmings? How the hell are you going to remain competitive when you guys are struggling at -10 fps, lol.

And Respawn said they wanted to make the Xbone version 1080p post launch.

Hahahahahahahahaha

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#737  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@R4gn4r0k said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Thank God for PC version

totally.

And Respawn said they wanted to make the Xbone version 1080p post launch.

Hahahahahahahahaha

Who would have thought that the name Titan Fall was also referring to the frame rate. lul.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#738 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Didn't really enjoy the beta on PC but I guess I will give it another chance as soon as I can get a used copy. My shiny Xbox One needs some more games.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#739 lundy86_4

@R4gn4r0k said:

There should be a law that says that when a discussion on SW grows the probability of someone saying the game is for kids approaches 1.

We should name it after ZoomZoom. It seems only fair.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#740  Edited By lostrib

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

Yep because nothing determines your masculinity and maturity like what video games you play

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#741  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I see Lundy's getting his SW on with dat avatar :o

My firstborn child.

DROP A TITAN ON IT

Kiro0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#742 Kiro0
Member since 2009 • 1176 Posts

Loving the hell out of this game. No FPS issues on PC, so it sucks if it's a problem on consoles.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#743 R4gn4r0k

@lundy86_4 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

We should name it after ZoomZoom. It seems only fair.

ZoomZooms law. Ok, sounds good to me.

I'll be seeing ZoomZooms law in a lot of Nintendo games threads, that's for sure :P

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#744 lostrib

@Kiro0 said:

Loving the hell out of this game. No FPS issues on PC, so it sucks if it's a problem on consoles.

except for the weird frame cap/v-sync issue from what I hear

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#745 lostrib

For any PC gamers, you can get Titanfall for $48 from Gamefly using the MAR20OFF code, which didn't work prior to today. Better deal than GMG.

For the adventurous types, there are some shaddier looking key sellers or use a VPN to by it from Mexican Origin

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#746  Edited By ZoomZoom2490

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ZoomZoom2490 said:

gameplay is for kids, end of story, bu bu bu bu ketchup seeping from destroyed mechs is manly, rofl.

no, you're saying it's for a young audience, around 12. and I'm saying - that's impossible. i didn't say anything about the gameplay.

anyway, where's this link regarding the game engine? this is the third time i've asked for it.

its using a Source engine, everyone knows this, google it.

I bet they had to cut down all the eye candy of the engine during the final build for X1 cuz it was running like ass, and it still does.

that was my point.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#748 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

The GS review didn't really speak of the lack of modes, which should be hugely considered in an online only shooter !

They apparently loved the game, and they were ready to forgive all its flaws. Now let's see how Infamous:SS should fare.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#749 ZoomZoom2490

@MBirdy88 said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:
@CrownKingArthur said:
@ZoomZoom2490 said:

I bet they had to cut down all the eye candy of the engine during the final build for X1 cuz it was running like ass, and it still does.

that was my point.

you said it was an older version... where is your proof? not that it matters, game is fun..

just out of curiousity, in what way in your special little mind is this more "for kids" than any other fps? say bots and your a retard.. simple as.

I should of said "stripped down version of the latest Source Engine", I f'd up, my bad.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#750 CrownKingArthur
@ZoomZoom2490 said:
@CrownKingArthur said:
@ZoomZoom2490 said:

that was my point.

oh that's ok probably just an innocent oversight on your part.

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ZoomZoom2490 said:

could i have the link for that article please?

here, this is what you said and this is what i'm interested in.

proof of this^?