Titanfall 1 month in.

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jonesy1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jonesy1911
Member since 2003 • 3483 Posts

What is everyone's opinion on the game after 1 month of possible game time? I think it's a good hop on and play game but it just doesn't hold me for very long in terms of fun. I don't know if I'm getting burnt out on FPS games or the cod style, but something about the game just doesn't grab me.

I don't think it's the game X1 owners claim it to be, but that's just me.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

It's a fun game but because there are few maps and game modes and charging a full price tag for it, I don't believe the hype was worth it. Don't get me wrong it's super fun but I understand what you're saying in terms that the lasting appeal just doesn't feel there, I paid about 30$ for L4D2 and still get more gameplay out of that to this day, dunno it's also taste but IMO the game is not worth 60$ is super fun but there's little to differentiate it from other shooters on the market as of now

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

I bought it yesterday and ended up putting 6 hours into it just playing with randoms. I think I'm hooked. :(

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

use to play it all night the 1st week, but i still log-in sometimes

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

I am more interested in how it sold since it has been a month and we have no official word on how it sold.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@tormentos said:

I am more interested in how it sold since it has been a month and we have no official word on how it sold.

Just cow things...

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@PonchoTaco said:

@tormentos said:

Just cow things...

Can't wait to see u in the sales thread bragging

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@tormentos said:

Just cow things...

lel

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6078 Posts

@tormentos said:

Lame, you cant play sale totals. The thread is about how the game plays.

I still jump on quite a bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@tormentos said:

Just cow things...

What sales thread?

Titanfall didn't sell as well as Microsoft thought.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at with this comment.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9585 Posts

Exactly what I expected.. people losing interest after only a month.. I predicted the servers would be basically dead at the 3 month mark way before the game released, due to the fact it doesn't have any kind of lasting appeal. That idea was only strengthened after playing the beta. Sure it wasn't the full game, but it was all I needed to know.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I have a hard time turning it off. I have about 72 hours play time.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tormentos

@PonchoTaco said:

@tormentos said:

Just cow things...

No i just want to see how the xbox one savior did for some fun...lol

@tdkmillsy said:

@tormentos said:

Oh apply that to your self and lemming that for a full generation make thread about PS3 games not selling.

Yes you can't play sales,but i can have just as much fun if not more with lemming who claimed that Titanfall would change all and that it would sell not only console but outside consoles s well..lol

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I'm waiting on Gundam Titan mods for the PC version before I get it. I know they're coming eventually.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

It held me for about two weeks. Decent game. It did get to feel a bit worn in, but then again, a lot of good stuff came out last month that distracted me from it.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6078 Posts

@tormentos said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@tormentos said:

Just cow things...

@tdkmillsy said:

@tormentos said:

Oh apply that to your self and lemming that for a full generation make thread about PS3 games not selling.

Yes you can't play sales,but i can have just as much fun if not more with lemming who claimed that Titanfall would change all and that it would sell not only console but outside consoles s well..lol

I've not made one thread about ps3 sales so kindly go away.

If you really think you can have the same kind of fun talking about sales on a forum to playing any game not just Titanfall, well that says a lot about you.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@jonesy1911 said:

What is everyone's opinion on the game after 1 month of possible game time? I think it's a good hop on and play game but it just doesn't hold me for very long in terms of fun. I don't know if I'm getting burnt out on FPS games or the cod style, but something about the game just doesn't grab me.

Love it. So much more fun that COD or BF.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Great game, very fun

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I admit that I haven't played it in a week or so. Work got crazy though so that might have something to do with it. After playing Titanfall it's tough to go back and play Call of Duty or Battlefield. Those games just dont have the chaotic fun that Titanfall has. I may be taking an extended break from it when Mario Kart 8 launches however. That and I need to get started on this evil run in Infamous.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46509 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

It's a fun game but because there are few maps and game modes and charging a full price tag for it, I don't believe the hype was worth it. Don't get me wrong it's super fun but I understand what you're saying in terms that the lasting appeal just doesn't feel there, I paid about 30$ for L4D2 and still get more gameplay out of that to this day, dunno it's also taste but IMO the game is not worth 60$ is super fun but there's little to differentiate it from other shooters on the market as of now

Few maps ?

Can you name me a few other multiplayer focused shooters that came with 15 maps in recent years ?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Man this game is NOT going to hold the collective interest for long. Single player creates a world players can connect with that keeps them in the multiplayer longer. Without it you're just running around some random multiplayer world with no connection to the world you're in.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

100 hours in it already for me. And I am just a gen 5. Will probably put in another 100 hours before I get to gen 10. I am addicted to the game. Love the excitement of holding a hard point and running the flag.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts

Honestly after reading some of the comments here what I suspected was correct. Titanfall isn't the next best thing...it's a distraction.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4867 Posts

I don't have time to game every night, but I play it every night I get the time.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

I've never seen a game so hyped fall into irrelevance so fast.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

If Infamous sold more than Titanfall these boards will explode

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@jonesy1911 said:

No, its fantastic to me. I'm nearing Generation 3 and have around 20+ hours with the game. There's a speed and adrenaline rush to the gameplay. It feels like CoD the first couple of matches and you will likely lose them. Then you start to play the style of Titanfall and the strategy kicks in depending upon the map and mode. There's only two out of 15 maps I don't like. The weapons are good, but I wouldn't say great. Love the Titans and want more models of them to choose from. Controls are tight and gameplay is fast and fluid. The game needs more modes and obviously the DLC will come with new maps, but I play the game almost daily and I absolutely enjoy it. Its like being in a all out action movie every single time you play. Now the game isn't perfect as no game is, but this as a base, and what it will become as they add and update and then Titanfall 2, this franchise is spectacular to me. The sci-fi edge and map layouts which are fantastic lead me to highly recommend this game.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shawn30

@Bread_or_Decide: You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Single player games are amazing and immersive, usually with far better narrative. But long-term its multiplayer all the way as it constantly changes with strategy and the degree of skill of your opponents. Multiplayer games last for years long after the single player game is collecting dust. They are updated with new modes and content and customization. Single player is what it is and doesn't change. Multiplayer is different every single time you play it.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hoyalawya

@shawn30: I agree. I have a hard time playing any single player game at the moment. The "victories " in SP games seem more hollowed than MP games. For puzzle type of games, I prefer to play them on my phone.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@hoyalawya said:

100 hours in it already for me. And I am just a gen 5. Will probably put in another 100 hours before I get to gen 10. I am addicted to the game. Love the excitement of holding a hard point and running the flag.

100 hours on a single video game in a month? You need to get outside more...

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

1 month in and in still playing 2-3 times a week having a blast.

1 month in and cows are still jealous and taking nothning but titanfall hahah

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hoyalawya

@bforrester420 said:

@hoyalawya said:

Well, I "work" from home. So, I get a lot of free time from not having to commute.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I still enjoy it....one of the most fun multiplayer games I've played ( I am not a huge MP fan, except sports games ). I don't get to play for very long with a new baby and all, so it would be difficult for me to get sick of it as compared to a person who plays 2-3 hours at a time.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50631 Posts

Same as TC foe me. Hop on for a couple matches, but that's it

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

About 30hrs for me, decided to give it a break for a few weeks.

It works well in short doses, but I find it tiring (not boring) because it's just heavy action compressed to get your attention. I don't get that sense of reward I get from other shooters perhaps because I'm tired of killing bots or tired of getting on a streak as a Titan. Mechanically I love how it works with Titans and movement. Respawn have really put a lot of work into the concept. I think the Titans can cause some real balance problems in matches up there with some of the bad call of duty killstreaks.

I don't think new modes or maps would make it better for me. As it is Deathmatch and Domination are pretty much the main modes anyway. New modes wouldn't get played or just further fracture the playerbase. I would have liked a single player just because it's a cool sci-fi world, but understand why they didn't bother.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

called this

noobs wanna try being pro again

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

doubt most people can get bored of a good game in one month.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

I Managed to put 80 hours in the 1st month which is way higher then my normal playtime. But thankfully due to taking a few days off of work during release week and my wife being understanding, I was able to really put some time in and I gotta say I'm still hooked. I'm sitting on gen 9 right now. By far this is the funnest game I've played in years easily

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

I Managed to put 80 hours in the 1st month which is way higher then my normal playtime. But thankfully due to taking a few days off of work during release week and my wife being understanding, I was able to really put some time in and I gotta say I'm still hooked. I'm sitting on gen 9 right now. By far this is the funnest game I've played in years easily

@bforrester420 said:

@hoyalawya said:

There was a guy on the respawn forums with over 200 hours in the game and was apparently the 1st to 100% the game. he unlocked everything, did all the achievements, and gen 10 level 50. He was trying to see if anyone else had beat him to it.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

The workshop helps A LOT

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: You couldn't possibly be more wrong. Single player games are amazing and immersive, usually with far better narrative. But long-term its multiplayer all the way as it constantly changes with strategy and the degree of skill of your opponents. Multiplayer games last for years long after the single player game is collecting dust. They are updated with new modes and content and customization. Single player is what it is and doesn't change. Multiplayer is different every single time you play it.

Games probably have the highest attrition rate of anything out there. MUltiplayer communities go fast. Not that I want the game to go it's a blast. But MP shines fade fast my friend.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@tormentos said:

@PonchoTaco said:

@tormentos said:

Just cow things...

@tdkmillsy said:

@tormentos said:

Except El Moron all last generation you played the sales gamesyou infact said the ps3 had outsold the 360 2 years before the Wii u was released, you also said it had more software sales. You've not only played the sales game more than a good 85% of system wars users but you've done it far stupider than 99% of them.

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

i'd say the game is still fun for me, but honestly the titan on titan combat is probably the worst part of the game.. So boring..It just doesnt feel like there is any strategy when you are in a titan. You just shoot anything that moves .

As a pilot though it feels much better than COD and Battlefield 4 combined. Pilot mode is awesome... The low amount of players however means in some games you are running around maps not doing anything since 2 or 3 of them might be in titans and the others are hiding. Killing botss is meh... I'd say atleast 1 or 2 more players per team could have been factored in.. And maybe limit the amount of titans per team to prevent "titan" overcrowding

Quite frankly this isnt worth $60 dollars. This game should be going for at best $30 for lack of content

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Still fun, great for jumping in and playing a few rounds. Probably would consider it my current "casual" FPS

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59220 Posts

For intelligent gamers such as myself (been to college twice) we looked at it from a business perspective.

Call Of Duty made lots of money +This is from the people who made Call Of Duty + Publishers and gaming media like money = Bullshit inflated hype, fake awards and overdone game coverage (thanks for 2 week article a day every day front page stuff gamespot)

Then reality arrived. Didn't manage a 90 metacritic, mostly forgotten now. Proving once and for all Infinity Ward was an overrated developer and the industry is corrupt constantly attempting to direct the small minded.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tormentos

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Except El Moron all last generation you played the sales gamesyou infact said the ps3 had outsold the 360 2 years before the Wii u was released, you also said it had more software sales. You've not only played the sales game more than a good 85% of system wars users but you've done it far stupider than 99% of them.

Well the PS3 outsold constantly the xbox 360 for years.

Really wait aren't you from those who claimed sony games didn't sold.? hahaha..

Oh yeah you were just like you constantly ride with the superior version crap,now look at you barely post after the xbox one was reveal to have weak sauce spec...lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

For intelligent gamers such as myself (been to college twice) we looked at it from a business perspective.

Lol, I had to stop right there

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@lostrib said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Lol, I had to stop right there

I got a good laugh out of this as well..

As for the original question. Titanfall has exceeded my expectations to this point. I expected to play for a few weeks get bored and give it up but it's beyond fun. I've only just regenerated and it's a challenge to play with newbie weapons again.

It's an awesome game, can;t wait for the DLC.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i regret buying it.. ill give my origin account away to anybody that wants it, just has titanfall

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shawn30

@uninspiredcup said:

Call Of Duty made lots of money +This is from the people who made Call Of Duty + Publishers and gaming media like money = Bullshit inflated hype, fake awards and overdone game coverage (thanks for 2 week article a day every day front page stuff gamespot)

Then reality arrived. Didn't manage a 90 metacritic, mostly forgotten now. Proving once and for all Infinity Ward was an overrated developer and the industry is corrupt constantly attempting to direct the small minded.

LAMo, Cows gonna Cow. It's a online only new IP, got a 9 here and a overall 86, and has charted for weeks on every online company that sells the game. MS is waiting for the quarterly report which is around the corner. I think TF did great sales wise and pushed the One past the 4 million mark. Long term as with all multiplayer games, modes, maps and customizations will keep the community alive. The sheer amount of people that talk about TF daily on all gaming sites shows its interest will last a very long time. Mostly forgotten is a joke at best, lol.