Time to call Microsoft out.

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ragrdoll21
Member since 2006 • 6048 Posts

Why did they make such a crappy console? Every other electronic device with a 33% fail rate has been recalled! It doesn't matter if it has good games because the damn thing always breaks! Why aren't lems furious over this? I would try to sue them for every hard earned dollar that I gave them.

Why doesn't it have a mandatory HDD? I'd like to use it to cut down on load times, just like the PS3 does in GTA4! What about M$ Hyping HD-DVD to death, all the poor lems who bought in to that BS....tear.....I feel so sorry for them! Maybe in 2010 when the next Xbox comes out with a built in blu-ray player, they'll get it right!

JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
They looked at the PS2 and tried to find why it was so successful.

Great variety in games but crappy hardware. So they copied that.
SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
I agree about the failure rate. It really is that bad. Four of my friends got the RROD within 3 months of each other. I just got the E74 error in February. M$ better get their crap together.
Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Eltroz
Member since 2007 • 5238 Posts
Is this really all the cows can bring up? At least MS has done a lot to fix the problem. New chips and extended warrenty. Hey TC why I am sure you never worried to much about the tons of problems that the PS2 had as long as the games came in. At least MS is doing more for the customer about the promlems then Sony ever did for the PS2 problems.
Nick_D7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Nick_D7
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts

Time to call Sony out

why did they make a $600 console that nobody in Japan wants?.

Why did they create a controller with no rumble?

why did they delay the European release by 6 months?

why can't they release any AAA games?

Why can't they give Europeans backwards compatibility.

Why is it in third place in sales world wide?

Why does it have a Blu ray player and hard drive when all multi platform games look worse on PS3?

Why does it take 4 years to release a sequel to a crappy game? (Killzone)

Avatar image for dragon_master11
dragon_master11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dragon_master11
Member since 2007 • 531 Posts
Just continue hyping Killzone 2.
Nick_D7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nick_D7
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts
Hey Moroeus can you stop posting that picture in every topic, you're not funny.
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ragrdoll21

Wow 33%? Where did you get this number? In your pea-sized brain.

As for the HDD, I know some people who have the Arcade version and are quite happy with it. And I do not want my console to become another PC, having to isntall games before I can play them.

wizardwd

You dont want your console( which shares every single game with the
PC) to become a PC?what?

" That said the Xbox 360 is the most successful console of the next gen bunch worldwide and has the largest market saturation to date with an impressive list of exclusive titles. Simple mathematics tells us that the more there are out there the more of a chance that some will fail, but 33% is still very high."

http://www.ripten.com/2007/07/03/failure-rate-xbox-360-high-as-33-sony-ps3-less-than-1/ just google 33% there are plenty of other sites reporting it.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Yeah, I hate MS for selling the system that I play the most out of all the current gen consoles. I am furious that they treated me very well when I had the RRoD. Damn them for crafting a superb online network....

The RRoD does irritate me. I have had it happen 3 time. But MS took care of me each time, and I still love my 360 (I also love my Wii, PS3, DS, and PSP, so I am not playing favorites). Its a piece of equipment, after all, and 99% of the time, its worked like I have wanted it to, and that other 1% was fixed for free with a minimum amount of hassle.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
I'm just upset with the faulty hardware. Everything else I'm rather satisfied with.
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ragrdoll21
Is this really all the cows can bring up? At least MS has done a lot to fix the problem. New chips and extended warrenty. Hey TC why I am sure you never worried to much about the tons of problems that the PS2 had as long as the games came in. At least MS is doing more for the customer about the problems then Sony ever did for the PS2 problems.Eltroz
The chips didn't fix it and neither did the warranty(obviously)!
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Why did they make such a crappy console? Every other electronic device with a 33% fail rate has been recalled! It doesn't matter if it has good games because the damn thing always breaks! Why aren't lems furious over this? I would try to sue them for every hard earned dollar that I gave them.

Why doesn't it have a mandatory HDD? I'd like to use it to cut down on load times, just like the PS3 does in GTA4! What about M$ Hyping HD-DVD to death, all the poor lems who bought in to that BS....tear.....I feel so sorry for them! Maybe in 2010 when the next Xbox comes out with a built in blu-ray player, they'll get it right!

ragrdoll21

Don't forget the lack of built in wi-fi, having to pay for online, no HDMI in early models, no built in rechargable battery for the controllers and other problems like disc read errors not being covered by the 3 year warranty. By the way, the fail rate has droppped from 33% to 16%.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
Maybe the 360 hasn't been recalled because it DOESN'T have a 33% failure rate? Just a thought.
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts

Time to call Sony out

Why does it have a Blu ray player and hard drive when all multi platform games look worse on PS3?

Nick_D7

Already a thread on this.

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eltroz
[QUOTE="Eltroz"]Is this really all the cows can bring up? At least MS has done a lot to fix the problem. New chips and extended warrenty. Hey TC why I am sure you never worried to much about the tons of problems that the PS2 had as long as the games came in. At least MS is doing more for the customer about the problems then Sony ever did for the PS2 problems.ragrdoll21

At least they are doing more for the customers then Sony every did. PS2 had a lot of problems also and they never extended their warrenty like MS did and eat the cost to help the customer.
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ragrdoll21

Time to call Sony out

why did they make a $600 console that nobody in Japan wants?. Out sales the 360 every week in Japan/and the US every Month this year but one.

Why did they create a controller with no rumble? They were in the middle of a law suit and they couldn't add it.

why did they delay the European release by 6 months? They have sold more PS3's in Europe and it was delayed

why can't they release any AAA games?Why do you only use GS scores?

Why can't they give Europeans backwards compatibility. It's not REGION locked

Why is it in third place in sales world wide?It has out sold the 360 EVERY MONTH IN WW SALES THIS YEAR!

Why does it have a Blu ray player and hard drive when all multi platform games look worse on PS3?wHAT?

Why does it take 4 years to release a sequel to a crappy game? (Killzone)HALO3?

Nick_D7
THERE YOU GO! ;)
ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ragrdoll21
Just continue hyping Killzone 2.dragon_master11
WHEN DID i HYPE KZ2?
thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thrones

[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]Is this really all the cows can bring up? At least MS has done a lot to fix the problem. New chips and extended warrenty. Hey TC why I am sure you never worried to much about the tons of problems that the PS2 had as long as the games came in. At least MS is doing more for the customer about the problems then Sony ever did for the PS2 problems.Eltroz

At least they are doing more for the customers then Sony every did. PS2 had a lot of problems also and they never extended their warrenty like MS did and eat the cost to help the customer.

Because DRE never went on nationwide television for a few weeks.

Unlike a certain other problem. RRoD was a massive PR failure for the X360, the DRE is unheard of to most people. They just think their console has died and moved on, there's no massive flashing red light :| If RRoD was in fact where the console 'just' failed and it didn't recieve the PR ****storm, I bet Microsoft wouldn't have given anyone an extended warranty.

SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SpruceCaboose
[QUOTE="Nick_D7"]

Time to call Sony out

why did they make a $600 console that nobody in Japan wants?. Out sales the 360 every week in Japan/and the US every Month this year but one.

Why did they create a controller with no rumble? They were in the middle of a law suit and they couldn't add it.

why did they delay the European release by 6 months? They have sold more PS3's in Europe thandelayed

Why can't they give Europeans backwards compatibility. REGION

Why is it in third place in sales world wide?It has out sold the 360 EVERY MONTH IN WW SALES THIS YEAR!

Why does it have a Blu ray player and hard drive when all multi platform games look worse on PS3?wHAT?

ragrdoll21

THERE YOU GO! ;)

Not to nitpick, but Halo 3 followed Halo 2 by 3 years, not 4, and was far from crappy.

Eltroz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Eltroz

[QUOTE="Eltroz"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]Is this really all the cows can bring up? At least MS has done a lot to fix the problem. New chips and extended warrenty. Hey TC why I am sure you never worried to much about the tons of problems that the PS2 had as long as the games came in. At least MS is doing more for the customer about the problems then Sony ever did for the PS2 problems.thrones

Unlike a certain other problem. RRoD was a massive PR failure for the X360, the DRE is unheard of to most people. They just think their console has died and moved on, there's no massive flashing red light :| If RRoD was in fact where the console 'just' failed and it didn't recieve the PR ****storm, I bet Microsoft wouldn't have given anyone an extended warranty.

All you just said was crystal ball and guess work. Fact is MS did that stuff and it was great they did. All your what ifs do not matter because we have no idea if that would be the case.
Avatar image for Tragic_Kingdom7
Tragic_Kingdom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tragic_Kingdom7
Member since 2008 • 4011 Posts
[QUOTE="Nick_D7"]

Time to call Sony out

why did they delay the European release by 6 months? They have sold more PS3's in Europe thandelayed

Why can't they give Europeans backwards compatibility. REGION

ragrdoll21

THERE YOU GO! ;)

PS3 is still in third place and it won't catch up with the 360 unless 360 sales slow to a standstill.

ragrdoll21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ragrdoll21
[QUOTE="ragrdoll21"]

Floppy_Jim

Don't forget the lack of built in wi-fi, having to pay for online, no HDMI in early models, no built in rechargable battery for the controllers and other problems like disc read errors not being covered by the 3 year warranty. By the way, the fail rate has droppped from 33% to 16%.

Well thats good to hear....it's still to damn high!
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpruceCaboose

[QUOTE="Eltroz"][QUOTE="ragrdoll21"][QUOTE="Eltroz"]Is this really all the cows can bring up? At least MS has done a lot to fix the problem. New chips and extended warrenty. Hey TC why I am sure you never worried to much about the tons of problems that the PS2 had as long as the games came in. At least MS is doing more for the customer about the problems then Sony ever did for the PS2 problems.thrones

No, what made the problem news was the Internet. Most serious gamers have access to the Internet now, and tons of places to complain when things go wrong, so word of problems spreads fast and far.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts

TEH RROD FTL!!!!1!!!1!!

i thought we had got past this cows, just keep hyping KZ2.

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thrones

TEH RROD FTL!!!!1!!!1!!

i thought we had got past this cows, just keep hyping KZ2.

thegoldenpoo

I am, and Cry On. :D

We should judge a game on it's own merits, not it's predecessor

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

Lets See wants Snake Has To say about this

Moroeus

I LOL'd... THAT is really harsh.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

ragrdoll21

The RRoD issue, while being undeniable, there is NO evidence of this 33% rate. That's just the banner number fanboys love to wave around. The 33% is more of a mascot to the cause of undermining the 360, than an actual statistic, as there's no credible data source to support it. The fact is, you can pull no official report, your only "source" is what's been posted on these forums repeatedly, not even by 360 owners, and some references to articles by repair centres who can only go by their numbers, not comparing to the number of owners who haven't had this problem.

I agree that HDD should have been standard, mainly for game saving, as well as for all owners to have access to downloads (extra game content, XBLA, demos, trailers, etc....). But here's what you miss. load times are only an issue on PS3 because of the slower read speed of the Blu Ray drive compared to DVD9. That ain't my opinion or fabrication either (unlike RRoD as stated above). That IS an example to FACT which is backed up by tech journal testimony. So HDD installs are NEEDED with PS3 games to compensate for the data transfer speeds of the media drive. X360 games run just fine right off of the DVD discs.

And as for the HD DVD, yes unfortunate for the people who did buy it. But NO 360 owners got price jacked on their console purchase by having an HD DVD drive pre-packaged, where they had no choice on the console cost. It was always optional to begin with so many more 360 owners saved by not purchasing something they didn't need or want.

TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#30 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts
[QUOTE="Moroeus"]

Darth_DuMas

Harsh, but funny... and with all the delays to MGS4 he had to do something to pass the time.

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Darth_DuMas
[QUOTE="Darth_DuMas"][QUOTE="Moroeus"]

TTDog

Harsh, but funny... and with all the delays to MGS4 he had to do something to pass the time.

HAHAHAHA Thats a bit of a low blow.

ALTAIR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ALTAIR360
Member since 2006 • 1408 Posts

Time to call Sony out

Nick_D7
painfull
TTDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#33 TTDog
Member since 2007 • 3545 Posts
[QUOTE="TTDog"][QUOTE="Darth_DuMas"][QUOTE="Moroeus"]

Darth_DuMas

So, he spent all that time practising the crotch grab.

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Darth_DuMas
[QUOTE="Nick_D7"]

Time to call Sony out

why did they delay the European release by 6 months? They have sold more PS3's in Europe and it was delayed

ragrdoll21

THERE YOU GO! ;)

What do you mean by that? They did it because they wanted to save money by taking everything out and no one was gonna buy it at £425 (something $850 last time I bothered to check the exchange rates). But I am planning buying it soon and I really wanted backwards compatibility (I do not own a PS2 but wanted some of the games).

Blu Ray may not be region locked, but the DVD abilities still are. Plus they had it in the 60GB version which launched in the UK in March 2007. It is kind of a slap in the face that they gave that option to everyone else but took it away from us, in Europe.

DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts
When in doubt, post overblown numbers and run. Can't you cows come up with anything better to do?
Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Darth_DuMas
[QUOTE="Darth_DuMas"][QUOTE="TTDog"][QUOTE="Darth_DuMas"][QUOTE="Moroeus"]

TTDog

So, he spent all that time practising the crotch grab.

lol, there is some odd stuff that goes on in that game. http://youtube.com/watch?v=--OWqmrTwbs

Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
Personally i have never had rrod, 2 year old console here. But if i got it i wouldn't cry a river like most of you cows seem to make it out to be such a big deal to have no console for 5 days? It's not really a big deal for consumers, only for microsoft and losing alot of money.
kentaro22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kentaro22
Member since 2005 • 2694 Posts
No console is perfect. MS have make some grave mistakes with the 360. They managed it kind of well though. The PS3 as a console has far less grave problems, but the way Sony has managed it's launch and software, it's been terrible IMO.
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
[QUOTE="Nick_D7"]

Time to call Sony out

Why does it have a Blu ray player and hard drive when all multi platform games look worse on PS3wHAT?How is this Sony's problem and not the devleopers? All SOny made games look amazing on the console.

Why does it take 4 years to release a sequel to a crappy game? (Killzone)HALO3Why not get a game perfect before releasing a game full of bugs and uninteresting gameplay? The more they work on it the more they can test it and the better the game will be because of it. Starcraft BW was released 10 years ago and is just getting a sequel.

ragrdoll21

THERE YOU GO! ;)

FIXED

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

the RROD is definitely a problem. however, MS has taken a lot of their own money and time to start correcting the problem. the failure rate has been decreasing, and their customer service in dealing with the issue has been pretty good. i had one crap out. my new unit has been flawless going on 2 years now.

as far as selling units without an HDD? couldn't agree more. IMO, a very boneheaded move on MS part.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts
[QUOTE="Nick_D7"]

Time to call Sony out

ragrdoll21

THERE YOU GO! ;)

HALO3?? You mean the 360 AAA exclusive?

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts
Your PS3 has mandatory HDD that also requires mandatory installing from newer games. It may cut down on loading times a bit but the main reason why this is done is because the BR reader is just slow as hell inside the PS3.
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Well this sucks compared to the "time to call sony out" topic. I'd like to see proof of your claim about everything else with a 33% hardware failure rate got called back, I'd also like to see solid (take note of that, solid as in 100%) proof of this 33% failure rate.

Love to hear your reasoning on why it's ok for Sony to make shoddy hardware and not do a thing about it till they get sued and are forced into it and not Microsoft, whos at least owned up and fixs them for free.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#44 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Your PS3 has mandatory HDD that also requires mandatory installing from newer games. It may cut down on loading times a bit but the main reason why this is done is because the BR reader is just slow as hell inside the PS3. Supafly1

ps3 really need a big HDD. Thats increrible how the superprocessor cell and the hyped blueray tecnology cant do nothing more than 360 graphics!!!

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

More damage control. But but teh RROD! :cry:

Call me when mine 360 stops working, then call me again when it doesn't get fixed for free. There have been zero problems on my end.

I don't account for everyone but seriously. This is like the only thing that seems to be whined about everyday. HD-DVD was not included with 360. Nor does it have to do with anything about gaming.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

thrones

DRE was publically out there up to the point where Resident Evil 4 was coming out. Remembe Mikami calling out Sony and bashing Square Enix?

Now tell me when PS2 came out and when RE4 was nearing completion. The PS1 not being durable and being faulty hurts your arguement as well. PS3 is Sony's first well crafted console. Its ironic the situation they're in because of it sadly.

The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#47 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

ragrdoll21

The 33% failure rate is a number made up by a few retailers and senationalized by the media. No one, outside of MS actually has the real numbers. It does matter that the Xbox 360 has a lot of great games, because it isn't always breaking. Sure, my 360 died and was sent back, but in 2 weeks, it was sent back to me, fully repaired. So, hmm let's see...that's 2 weeks I've been without it out of the nearly 3 years I've owned it. Yep, that definitely means it's always breaking. :roll:

The 360 doesn't need HDD installs to cut down on load times because they are already faster on the 360 than they are on the PS3 with the exceptions of a few games such as DMC4 and GTA 4. If you did your homework, you'd know that the only reason the PS3 really needs HDD installs is because the Blu-Ray drive in the PS3 has incredibly slow read times compared to the 360's drive.

I'm not going to go to work on the HD DVD thing because I bought one for myself for the low, low price of 40 bucks. Seeing as it came with a free HD DVD movie, a remote, and I was still able to mail in the voucher for five free HD DVDs, I made out pretty well if I do say so myself.

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#48 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

Time to call Sony out

why did they make a $600 console that nobody in Japan wants?. ;) PS3 is out selling Xbox 360 by HUGE numbers!! why evern bring this up???

Why did they create a controller with no rumble? It now has rumble, it also introed the 6 axis which is adding to gameplay!

why did they delay the European release by 6 months? Why does this evern matter??

why can't they release any AAA games? They have and now are relasing HUGE games with more content than MS can evern put on their DVD9 system!! MGS4 is coming out just wait and see what mags, and reviewers say!! Then comes Resistance 2, FF13, KZ2, ...

Why can't they give Europeans backwards compatibility. They can play PS2 games just with software. Over 150 MIllion people own PS2 it cost $99.00 dollars so its No big deal.

Why is it in third place in sales world wide? Its sales are a few million behind Xbox 360 and is catching up with each passing month!!! When they make the slim version By 2009 the cost will be down to 249.00. At that point it sales will sky rocket like PS2 did!!

Why does it have a Blu ray player and hard drive when all multi platform games look worse on PS3? :lol: says U!! many developers and reviewers have said that the games look great!!

Why does it take 4 years to release a sequel to a crappy game? (Killzone) How long did Halo take??? Halo 2??? and 3??

Nick_D7

Just because it is becoming clear that MS has made SOO many mistakes with the Xbox 360 xbots want to flame PS3. True that it has taken a while for great games to come out but the ones that have like Resistance which came out with the console matched Xbox games that had more time on Xbox a console that was a lot easier to develop for.

Games are starting to change in that they are adding capabilites that were defining differnet geners. Just wait for MGS4 and his abilites.

Xbox 360 games so far are just advanced looking graphic machines nothing more; thought same with PS3, but PS3 has the capabilites to change it. As developers get used to the console and progress games will grow. The Blu-ray drive gives them the space to add complex engines that do more. Like a better fight system in GTA4, better driving system, bigger city, destructable buildings. I mean it may be just me but it does not look any bigger than GTA SA!! And in SA you could do more I think ( have just gotten some time to play at friends house)

Rhubarb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rhubarb9
Member since 2006 • 2352 Posts

Time to call Sony out

Nick_D7

why did x360 make a 400$ console that nobody in Japan wants?
WHY WHY WHY!?!?!
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

Maybe the 360 hasn't been recalled because it DOESN'T have a 33% failure rate? Just a thought.Eponique

$1,000,000,000+ last year the RROD cost Microsoft. That says it's a problem and I'm guessing more than 33%. How much does it cost MS to fix it? $20? $50? $100? Divide by a $1billion and you start to see how big the problem is.