These are the 3rd party games the NX will be missing this year.

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Brah4ever
Member since 2016 • 1704 Posts

Homefront: The Revolution

Deus Ex - Mankind Divided

Doom

Battlefield 5

New 2K/Madden games

CoD

FFXV

Mafia 3

Mirror's Edge 2

Overwatch

Tekken 7

No Man's Sky

Feel free to add more.

GG Nintendo

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Yes, a console not launching this year will not be getting games that launch this year either.

What an incredibly profound bit of insight.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Brah4ever

@charizard1605 said:

Yes, a console not launching this year will not be getting games that launch this year either.

Yeah and what exactly is going to make anyone want to go buy a console from Nintendo for one thing, that also has an un-established library.

Expect price cuts on the X1 and PS4, you are delusional if you think the mass public will care about the NX...especially come March 2017.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@brah4ever said:
@charizard1605 said:

Yeah and what exactly is going to make anyone want to go buy a console from Nintendo for one thing, that also has an un-established library.

Expect price cuts on the X1 and PS4, you are delusional if you think the mass public will care about the NX...especially come March 2017.

Why does anyone ever buy a new console?

If the NX comes out with compelling games and an attractive value proposition, as well as strong marketing, it will sell. If it does not, it will bomb.

It's very simple- listing games from this year not coming a console releasing next year (like, no fucking shit?) isn't making a point, any point. It's just restating the obvious.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Brah4ever

@charizard1605 said:
@brah4ever said:
@charizard1605 said:

Why does anyone ever buy a new console?

If the NX comes out with compelling games and an attractive value proposition, as well as strong marketing, it will sell. If it does not, it will bomb.

It's very simple- listing games from this year not coming a console releasing next year (like, no fucking shit?) isn't making a point, any point. It's just restating the obvious.

That's the point.

It's shows how stupid Nintendo really is.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@brah4ever said:
@charizard1605 said:

Agreed, a 2017 release was always going to be an issue for the NX. I guess I'll get what I asked for when I said I want the NX to fail so Nintendo finally goes third party, because I don't see how the NX achieves success with a March 2017 launch. Its just not happening.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Brah4ever

@emgesp said:
@brah4ever said:
@charizard1605 said:

Agreed, a 2017 release was always going to be an issue for the NX. I guess I'll get what I asked for when I said I want the NX to fail so Nintendo finally goes third party, because I don't see how the NX achieves success with a March 2017 launch. Its just not happening.

I'm still sticking to my 6-8 million lifetime sales estimate.

Has your sales estimate changed following this news?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@emgesp said:
@brah4ever said:
@charizard1605 said:

Agreed, a 2017 release was always going to be an issue for the NX. I guess I'll get what I asked for when I said I want the NX to fail a week ago so Nintendo finally goes third party, because I don't see how the NX achieves success with a March 2017 launch. Its just not happening.

March launches have, again, traditionally been pretty good for Nintendo. The problem is not the March launch, it is Nintendo's decision to go radio silent about the NX at E3.

There is nothing wrong with a March launch at all- it's tax returns season, for one thing, and again, precedence has shown multiple high profile products- iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, iPhone, Apple Watch- launching in March and doing well.

The narrative of 'March launch=automatic fail' is hilarious and inaccurate. The March launch is not the problem. The radio silence at E3 is.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By emgesp

@brah4ever said:
@emgesp said:
@brah4ever said:
@charizard1605 said:

Yes, worse than Wii U sales unless somehow its gimmick is the 2nd coming of the original Wii.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By emgesp

@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:
@brah4ever said:
@charizard1605 said:

Agreed, a 2017 release was always going to be an issue for the NX. I guess I'll get what I asked for when I said I want the NX to fail a week ago so Nintendo finally goes third party, because I don't see how the NX achieves success with a March 2017 launch. Its just not happening.

March launches have, again, traditionally been pretty good for Nintendo. The problem is not the March launch, it is Nintendo's decision to go radio silent about the NX at E3.

There is nothing wrong with a March launch at all- it's tax returns season, for one thing, and again, precedence has shown multiple high profile products- iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, iPhone, Apple Watch- launching in March and doing well.

The narrative of 'March launch=automatic fail' is hilarious and inaccurate. The March launch is not the problem. The radio silence at E3 is.

The difference is the fact that the NX is facing stiff competition unlike the 3DS in 2011. Also, doesn't help that the NX is coming off a failed previous generation.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Brah4ever

@emgesp said:
@brah4ever said:
@emgesp said:
@brah4ever said:

Yes, worse than Wii U sales unless somehow its gimmick is the 2nd coming of the original Wii.

Which is extremely unlikely.

Wii is the perfect example of a product being in the right place at the right time.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Brah4ever

@emgesp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:
@brah4ever said:

The differential is the fact that the NX is facing stiff competition unlike the 3DS in 2011. Also, doesn't help that the NX is coming off a failed previous generation.

From now to March 2017 the console is pretty much dead, no Zelda to send this console off with at least a little bit of momentum either.

First Nintendo console without it's own exclusive Zelda game.

Nintendo is insane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@emgesp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:
@brah4ever said:
@charizard1605 said:

The differential is the fact that the NX is facing stiff competition unlike the 3DS in 2011. Also, doesn't help that the NX is coming off a failed previous generation.

Which doesn't change the fact that other product launches in March also launch into a crowded market.

Also, a handheld launching in a smartphone world in 2011 didn't face any competition?

It really does sound like there are some posters on this board who want the NX to fail, and they make the most ridiculous leaps of logic to justify arriving at that conclusion. The arguments keep changing, the reasons keep changing, if it's not one thing, it's another, but it always ends with 'this is why Nintendo will fail.'

I just thought you were better than those posters.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Brah4ever

@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:

Which doesn't change the fact that other product launches in March also launch into a crowded market.

Also, a handheld launching in a smartphone world in 2011 didn't face any competition?

It really does sound like there are some posters on this board who want the NX to fail, and they make the most ridiculous leaps of logic to justify arriving at that conclusion. The arguments keep changing, the reasons keep changing, if it's not one thing, it's another, but it always ends with 'this is why Nintendo will fail.'

Nintendo just keeps proving the skeptist right, I use to be a Nintendo faithful but after what we went through during the Wii era - Present they lost me and a whole lot of their fans trust.

They are stupid, I don't know if the old guard retired or whatever but this is not the same Nintendo everyone once loved.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By emgesp
@brah4ever said:

From now to March 2017 the console is pretty much dead, no Zelda to send this console off with at least a little bit of momentum either.

Nintendo is insane.

Nintendo has confirmed that E3 will focus on the new Zelda for Wii U and will be the only playable Wii U game at E3, meaning zero new big Wii U exclusive games getting released this year. They are just going to let the 3DS, Amiibos and Miimoto keep them afloat until March 2017.

Brah4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Brah4ever

@emgesp said:
@brah4ever said:

Nintendo is insane.

Nintendo has confirmed that E3 will focus on the new Zelda for Wii U and will be the only playable Wii U game at E3, meaning zero new big Wii U exclusive games getting released this year. They are just going to let the 3DS, Amiibos and Miimoto keep them afloat until March 2017.

This years E3 might top last years for worst E3 showing of all time.

There is good reason as to why they don't do live conferences anymore and just record inside a studio in Japan for E3.

Used to F'ing LOVE Nintendo, it's sad seeing them decline.
Used to F'ing LOVE Nintendo, it's sad seeing them decline.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

@brah4ever: Jesus how hard u trying to get the Award for most retarded topics??? Anyway charizard already schooled you in how ridiculous topic is so won't bother more with you...

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 emgesp
@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:

- 3DS didn't come off a failed previous generation of handhelds.

- Smartphones in 2011 wasn't nearly as much of a competition/threat to dedicated handhelds like they have become in the past 4 yrs.

- The Nintendo brand isn't Apple. Apple can launch whenever the hell they want because they have generated crazy demand for their products through the years. The Nintendo brand isn't nearly as popular as it use to be. Wii U/3DS generation is Nintendo's weakest generation in terms of sales. NES/GB generation annihilated this generation of Nintendo and those systems were released when there were much less people interested in video games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@emgesp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:

- Smartphones in 2011 wasn't nearly as much of a competition/threat to dedicated handhelds like they have become in the past 4 yrs.

- The Nintendo brand isn't Apple. Apple can launch whenever the hell they want because they have generated crazy demand for their products through the years. The Nintendo brand isn't nearly as popular as it use to be. Wii U/3DS generation is Nintendo's weakest generation in terms of sales. NES/GB generation annihilated this generation of Nintendo and those systems were released when there were much less people interested in video games.

Smartphones absolutely were a credible threat in 2011, but that is besides the point. The point here is that outside of conjecture based on flimsy intuition, you have no grounds to predict an NX failure in March- and yet you keep on stating that as though it were a fact. I don't even mind you having an opinion on the NX's pending failure because of a March launch, it's your propensity to state it as a (misleading) fact with no disclaimer that is annoying.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By emgesp
@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:

Smartphones absolutely were a credible threat in 2011, but that is besides the point. The point here is that outside of conjecture based on flimsy intuition, you have no grounds to predict an NX failure in March- and yet you keep on stating that as though it were a fact. I don't even mind you having an opinion on the NX's pending failure because of a March launch, it's your propensity to state it as a (misleading) fact with no disclaimer that is annoying.

Simply put do we have a single example of a home console that was released early in the year in NA that was successful?

If you can show me just one example I will change my tune.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Djoffer123

@emgesp: can you show one example of a console that failed after a early year release?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@emgesp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:
@charizard1605 said:
@emgesp said:

Simply put do we have a single example of a home console that was released early in the year in NA that was successful?

If you can show me just one example I will change my tune.

We don't have any evidence of an NA home console launch in March- which is to say, this could either turn out well, or it could not. Pretending that one of those possibilities is more likely than the others is disingenuous.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By emgesp
@djoffer123 said:

@emgesp: can you show one example of a console that failed after a early year release?

Atari 7800

Was released in May 1986 in NA.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Oh snap I guess the NX is also gonna miss out on all them 2014 and 2015 games too :o

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@ianhh6:

lol

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44568 Posts

What's the NX launching in 2017 going to mean for third party support? I mean, just look back at the Wii U and it's launch games were simply overpriced ports of games that released months and months before on the Xbox 360 and PS3, sometimes well over a year, and while they were going full price on Wii U they we bargains on the other systems. So, right now there's probably a good amount of third parties developing games in good faith that the NX would see a 2016 launch, now it's gonna be 2017 (if not later) and that means those games they had been making are now going to have to release on the NX late, and they're gonna probably release at full price which is going to suck since again they're gonna be late ports of games other systems got. Then when people do pick up the NX they'll ignore those third party games, third parties will hold back support because those third party games they did make won't sell, and it's a repeat of the Wii U all over again.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

All third party games from 2017 and on when NX comes out as an underpowered gimmick and support stops after the first 8 months

JK, i give it at least a full year before support stops

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#29 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

@emgesp said:
@djoffer123 said:

Atari 7800

Pretty sure the crash was still a thing back then.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#30 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Hey Square would probably still put Deus Ex Mankind Divided on NX still.

I mean Human Revolution made it to the WiiU.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Djoffer123

@emgesp: so a 30 year old release is your proof... Sometimes I am having a hard time to tell whatever you guys are just trolling or if there just is something wrong with you guys.... Not to mention I am pretty sure may doesn't qualify as early year...

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By emgesp

@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:
@djoffer123 said:

Atari 7800

NES released in 1985 and was an instant hit in NA.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 emgesp

@djoffer123 said:

@emgesp: so a 30 year old release is your proof... Sometimes I am having a hard time to tell whatever you guys are just trolling or if there just is something wrong with you guys.... Not to mention I am pretty sure may doesn't qualify as early year...

You asked for a single example and I gave you one. So, please stop trying to move the goalposts.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By nintendoboy16

@emgesp said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:

Atari 7800

Oh. Bad research on my part then. Not sure how I forgot that.

HOWEVER...

Atari had become an untrustworthy name by that point, considering they were sighted as PART of the problem for something as big as the gaming crash (in North America at least, so chill out to those reading).

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Djoffer123

@ianhh6: Lol yeah and stupid ps4 misses out on baldurs gate 2 and planescape torment, why release it so late????

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By emgesp

@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:

Atari 7800

HOWEVER...

Atari had become an untrustworthy name by that point, considering they were sighted as PART of the problem for something as big as the gaming crash (in North America at least, so chill out to those reading).

Nintendo is almost in a similar boat post Wii U. There are a lot of disgruntled Wii U owners realizing that Nintendo has pretty much gave up on the console and won't have anything special for them this year. The NX won't likely sell as well as the Wii U did initially because of this. For the first time I'm seeing a lot die hard Nintendo fans angry at Nintendo.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Djoffer123

@emgesp: umm if you really want to play this game, then i would argue never have qualified as early year release, unless you are arguing that consoles only can release in November-December??

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Will they be getting last years games though?

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39  Edited By Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

Yes, this is very much an earth-shattering revelation, and you figured it out all by yourself! Good job!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50563 Posts

Another dumb thread from this guy?

Can we just go back and compare SNES and PS3 graphics?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 emgesp

@djoffer123 said:

@emgesp: umm if you really want to play this game, then i would argue never have qualified as early year release, unless you are arguing that consoles only can release in November-December??

No, there were consoles that released in August and September that turned out to be successful. Genesis and SNES being prime examples.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nintendoboy16
@emgesp said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

HOWEVER...

Nintendo is almost in a similar boat post Wii U. There are a lot of disgruntled Wii U owners realizing that Nintendo has pretty much gave up on the console and won't have anything special for them this year. The NX won't likely sell as well as the Wii U did initially because of this. For the first time I'm seeing a lot die hard Nintendo fans angry at Nintendo.

And? Was Nintendo involved in something as big as the crash of the 80's? No.

Implying "hardcore" Nintendo fans were NEVER angry at the big N before.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Djoffer123

@emgesp: PS3 released in March in Europe and Asia, so did ps4 so unless you can provide some more recent evidence, I am having a hard time taking you seriously...

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By emgesp

@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@emgesp said:

HOWEVER...

And? Was Nintendo involved in something as big as the crash of the 80's? No.

Implying "hardcore" Nintendo fans were NEVER angry at the big N before.

Not to this level with their home consoles. N64 and Gamecube owners seemed relatively satisfied with their purchases because said consoles got much better 1st party support than the Wii U.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 emgesp

@djoffer123 said:

@emgesp: PS3 released in March in Europe and Asia, so did ps4 so unless you can provide some more recent evidence, I am having a hard time taking you seriously...

I said NA.

Also, the PS3 had a relatively terrible launch. It wasn't until Sony dropped the price and some great 1st party titles got released did the PS3 finally gain traction.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Djoffer123

@emgesp: you honestly think that the PS3 lack of success had anything to do with when it launched(?? Bought the PS3 myself close to release and to be honest it took life 2-3 years before it a decent collection of games, much like the ps4! But as I suspected, you don't have any solid proofs for your ridiculous statements, so I will continue not to take you seriously:)

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By emgesp

@djoffer123 said:

@emgesp: you honestly think that the PS3 lack of success had anything to do with when it launched(?? Bought the PS3 myself close to release and to be honest it took life 2-3 years before it a decent collection of games, much like the ps4! But as I suspected, you don't have any solid proofs for your ridiculous statements, so I will continue not to take you seriously:)

I didn't say the PS3 had a terrible launch because of when it launched, it had a terrible launch because of its price and lack of truly excellent games. You acted like the PS3 was successful from the start.

Again, I'm talking about NA release dates. PS3 released in November of 2006 in North America.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Oh Ninty, The Wii was the first mistake, sure it sold well for casual gamers playing shovelware, but they hurt the hardcore fanbase, and the WiiU sold poorly because they lost that base. Casuals don't want to upgrade their consoles often considering they don't need the extra powa for shovelware upgrades.

NX comes out, and unless they get great 3rd party support (means no gimmicks) and great 1st party games that actually get released, they are not going to win that fanbase back. No hardcore gamers = no respect!

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

But look at all the "failed" consoles with holiday launches.

Sega CD
Sega 32X
Neo Geo
Philips CD-i
3DO
Atari Jaguar
Wii U

What consoles "failed" and were launched in the first half of the year?

Sega Master System
Sega Saturn

There is obviously more to a systems success and failure than the launch window.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Why can't those games release on NX in 2017?