The Witcher 3. Six mins of gameplay footage on PC

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 0

#51 SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

@-Unreal- said:

@SteXmaN said:

@-Unreal- said:

@SteXmaN said:

@-Unreal-: HD uncompressed version

;)

Yeah I downloaded that earlier.

Idk man,it looks superb to me. Open world game with this kind of fidelity is just mind blowing. Puts some new linear games,where the fidelity can be pushed more, to shame.

Here's what I wrote on the youtube video:

"I think the game looks great, though not groundbreakingly outstanding. For the people worried about how it'll run, I seriously doubt it'll be an extremely hardware intensive game. It seems to rely mostly on things like model diversity and texture detail. It doesn't seem to have the extensive shading and post processing mayhem of say Crysis 3 on very high.

I'm sure something like a GTX 770 will max the game out (with post AA) and the game on consoles will still look pretty good too."

To touch on the open world point a lot of people are making, I would draw attention to things like culling techniques. Just because it's open world (especially with today's hardware) doesn't necessarily mean it's going to be processing a lot more for a single scene.

Yeah,Witcher 3 is using new Umbra 3 Visibility Technology.

It is allowing them to push the visuals even more and these are not final graphics.Some of the nvidia stuff is still being implemented(some are not used in this particular scene) and optimized for the PC version of the game.Same for the standard eye candy,draw distance and Umbra 3 object streaming.

The thing with open world games is that the same scene will not always look the same.Sometimes it will rain and that affects the performance.Sometimes there will be more NPCs on the screen and that affects the performance.Also when free roaming.When galloping or sprinting great amount of stuff needs to be processed and loaded and they need to find that sweet spot in terms of the fidelity.Some stuff can't look as good as in linear games(those effects that you mentioned ) but the amount of stuff that is rendered on the screen is much higher in OWGs.The bigger and more detailed world the more hardware intensive they are especially when it comes to draw/LOD distance.

Linear games are also using culling techniques even Crysis 3 but it really doesn't render as much as Witcher 3 will. It doesn't have the view distance as W3,the amount of objects that is surrounding the player in any given moment isn't nearly as close as in W3.It may not look as good as Crysis 3 in some aspects but for an OWG that is just not possible. GTX 770 can also max out Crysis 3 using SMAA at 47 FPS average.We'll see how Witcher 3 performs and don't forget that it will use Nvidia effects :)

Loading Video...

Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

It's nice to see a witcher being... well, a witcher. Monster hunting for coin. Too little of that in the second one.

smashed_pinata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 smashed_pinata
Member since 2005 • 3747 Posts

Ughhh i can't get over how clunky the combat looks...

looks pretty though

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Why would you advertise a game like this on the weakest link?

Show pc footage. this is weak sauce.

so xbone gamers no the game still looks good on their platform, PS4 players know it will look a little better and PC players know it will look even more better. It's better than other devs who show off their games running on high end PCs giving console gamers and people with low end PCs false hope. In other words do not ever question the methods of CDPR. You could be exiled from the gaming community for heresy next time.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#55 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

This game looks to be amazing in more than one way.

Not only do the graphics look impressive, but the whole world has minor touches that make it feel alive. You can notice that some of the villagers are actually doing activities that make them seem more alive than a lot of games currently out. The crows were a nice touch to add immersion.

Then you have the music. Think of any game that really had an impact on you through your years of playing, and I am willing to bet it had a fantastic soundtrack. The fight music had an epic feel to it, yet wasn't overbearing. The game just seemed to know the right time to add the battle music without spamming it, in essence making it have more impact.

The developers are pushing the open world rpg genre and it appears in a fantastic way. Cannot wait to play this game.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#56 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@geniobastardo said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@Cloud_imperium: Is this the PC version? It's in 1080p I know. Because the lossless video shows the exact pixels fitting to screen.

no it's on xone.

It's running on PC .

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-gamescom-2014-trailer-is-from-pc-build-uncompressed-video-released/

"Work in Progress"

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57  Edited By shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

wait... why the gfx doesn't look as good as before ?! i watched the HD version on gamesryde

maybe because work in progress...i guess

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#58  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts
@Ben-Buja said:
@SteXmaN said:

@-Unreal-: HD uncompressed version

;)

Is this from the console version? The framerate seems to be a bit low.

Nvm. Someone in this thread said it's the Xone version. Looks pretty sweet even on XB1. This will be one looker maxed out, can't wait

No . It is PC footage . Apart from Xbox One conference at E3 , every footage they showcased was from PC build , including this one . Frame rate problem is there either because of video conversion or because of their streaming technology (mentioned by John Mamais several months ago) , which is still not perfect ATM and final build won't have this issue .

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-gamescom-2014-trailer-is-from-pc-build-uncompressed-video-released/