The Wii U should be renamed to the Wii Excluded U.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

LOL what a pathetic attempt at damage control. Most of those games will be released before the PS4.

StrongBlackVine

Didn't know the truth stings that bad for cows. Doesn't excuse developers from making late ports with "PS4 Edition" slapped on the label like the Wii-U got.

PS4 won't need late ports as it will be getting new games and excellent 3rd party support. Sorry, but that really was desperate pathetic spin. Wii U didn't get Tomb Raider or Bioshock Infinite..just pathetic.

But nobody would care about those games going to the WiiU because people will buy it on other systems including the PC ANYWAYS
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

"I don't play handhelds. So I don't know about their games.", doesn't mean that the discussion can't include them, but that you lack knowledge of them, which is a good reason to point it out. The console games change quite a bit too, I thought that was clear enough in my first post.

Yeah I know I lack knowledge of games I've never played, which is why I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THEM :|

I was giving my opinion of the dozens of Nintendo games I have played.

I'm allowed share my thoughts on how the likes of Kirby, Zelda and Mario have evolved from NES to SNES to N64 to Gamecube to Wii (all of which I've played extensively), no matter what fanboys think. Completely unrelated handheld games won't change my opinion on their console titles. 

I can easily assume important systems change within the games based on how I've heard fans complain about its decline. You on the other hand assumed they all played the same as the few titles you've played.

You can't assume shit if you haven't played them. The games have "declined" because they've kept the exact same systems as 1980s Fire Emblem, while games like Xcom and Valkyria Chronicles show how SRPGs can evolve. You don't have the first clue of what you're talking about, you're just being a fanboy and assuming I'm wrong without actually addressing anything I say.

You clearly love DKCR as it doesn't count as a rehash to you even though it follows what you said makes other games just that. (I'll admit I forgot a bit of the conversation, but I do remember you scoffing at the accusation that you thought it was a rehash)

DKCR is different from the SNES games. It's a good tribute but has it's own style.

The last two sentences in my fist post were not for your discussion, I apologize that I didn't clarify, Somebody mentioned-- I think it was Naveed-- that motion controls made DKCR worst then DKC 1, 2, and 3.

I'm not attacking you, I'm joining the discussion, sorry if you have a problem with that. Maybe it wasn't easy to ascertain since I'm apparently gurgling my words.

Discussion is fine. I enjoy it. Actually read what I say, and use facts/informed opinions rather then assumptions, please :)

TilxWLOC

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]It is a relevant issue when you make such broad accusations of rehashing without even knowing jack-shit about the series.

These games exist. You can't just plug your ears and say they aren't relevant because you don't happen to like handhelds.

Shinobishyguy

I didn't make broad accusations. I made specific accusations, about specific games, based on what I've played.

YOU are the one who shifted the goalposts to "ALL NINTENDO GAMES EVER ARE REHASHES!" and then refuted that point.

I never said that. 

How the fvck is playing some random handheld spinoff going to change my opinion on the console games I'm referring to.

fire emblem on the 3ds is a mainline game, not a spinoff.

it also isn't a rehash

It's still completely irrelevant to me.

It still wouldn't change my opinion of the Gamecube and Wii versions.

I'm talking about how I don't like McDonalds burgers and you just keep on saying how awesome their ice cream is.

I don't eat ice cream. I have no opinion on it.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 locopatho

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

"I don't play handhelds. So I don't know about their games."

Is what I said in my first post to him. I'm talking about my experiences with their console games. Not saying a word about their handheld games.

Both of you ignored that and start talking about handheld games as some sort of counter point. It's like I said "I don't like McDonalds hamburgers" and you say "Well their ice cream is lovely dumbass!" I didn't say anything about their ice cream. It's a completely irrelevant seperate issue.

Shinobishyguy

It is a relevant issue when you make such broad accusations of rehashing without even knowing jack-shit about the series.

These games exist. You can't just plug your ears and say they aren't relevant because you don't happen to like handhelds.

I didn't make broad accusations. I made specific accusations, about specific games, based on what I've played.

YOU are the one who shifted the goalposts to "ALL NINTENDO GAMES EVER ARE REHASHES!" and then refuted that point.

I never said that. 

How the fvck is playing some random handheld spinoff going to change my opinion on the console games I'm referring to.

I suppose I'm not allowed love Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 because I haven't played handheld Mario :|

O wait, that's a pro Nintendo opinion, I'm allowed to have those. I only have to shut the fvck up when I'm expressing a negative opinion :roll: fanboy :roll:

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

"I don't play handhelds. So I don't know about their games."

Is what I said in my first post to him. I'm talking about my experiences with their console games. Not saying a word about their handheld games.

Both of you ignored that and start talking about handheld games as some sort of counter point. It's like I said "I don't like McDonalds hamburgers" and you say "Well their ice cream is lovely dumbass!" I didn't say anything about their ice cream. It's a completely irrelevant seperate issue.

locopatho

It is a relevant issue when you make such broad accusations of rehashing without even knowing jack-shit about the series.

I never said that. 

it also isn't a rehash

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#206 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Luckily the Wii U is a machine so it can't really miss anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#207 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

I never said that. 

locopatho

it also isn't a rehash

I'm talking about how I don't like McDonalds burgers and you just keep on saying how awesome their ice cream is.

But ice cream is awesome :(
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="Shinobishyguy"]fire emblem on the 3ds is a mainline game, not a spinoff.

it also isn't a rehash

charizard1605

It's the devils frozen pudding.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="locopatho"]

locopatho

You have no taste :x
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 locopatho
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] But ice cream is awesome :(

I'm a monster :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="locopatho"] It's the devils frozen pudding.

A monster in Link skin
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 locopatho
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]You have no taste :xcharizard1605

A monster in Link skin

At least I;m not a boat with a FAAACE!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="locopatho"] I'm a monster :(

A monster in Link skin

At least I;m not a boat with a FAAACE!

Yes, that sounds nightmarish
TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

"I don't play handhelds. So I don't know about their games.", doesn't mean that the discussion can't include them, but that you lack knowledge of them, which is a good reason to point it out. The console games change quite a bit too, I thought that was clear enough in my first post.

Yeah I know I lack knowledge of games I've never played, which is why I WASN'T TALKING ABOUT THEM :|

I was giving my opinion of the dozens of Nintendo games I have played.

I'm allowed share my thoughts on how the likes of Kirby, Zelda and Mario have evolved from NES to SNES to N64 to Gamecube to Wii (all of which I've played extensively), no matter what fanboys think. Completely unrelated handheld games won't change my opinion on their console titles. 

I can easily assume important systems change within the games based on how I've heard fans complain about its decline. You on the other hand assumed they all played the same as the few titles you've played.

You can't assume shit if you haven't played them. The games have "declined" because they've kept the exact same systems as 1980s Fire Emblem, while games like Xcom and Valkyria Chronicles show how SRPGs can evolve. You don't have the first clue of what you're talking about, you're just being a fanboy and assuming I'm wrong without actually addressing anything I say.

You clearly love DKCR as it doesn't count as a rehash to you even though it follows what you said makes other games just that. (I'll admit I forgot a bit of the conversation, but I do remember you scoffing at the accusation that you thought it was a rehash)

DKCR is different from the SNES games. It's a good tribute but has it's own style.

The last two sentences in my fist post were not for your discussion, I apologize that I didn't clarify, Somebody mentioned-- I think it was Naveed-- that motion controls made DKCR worst then DKC 1, 2, and 3.

I'm not attacking you, I'm joining the discussion, sorry if you have a problem with that. Maybe it wasn't easy to ascertain since I'm apparently gurgling my words.

Discussion is fine. I enjoy it. Actually read what I say, and use facts/informed opinions rather then assumptions, please :)

locopatho

He gave a console and handheld example, but you only focused on the handheld one, discounting it even though, whether or not you played it, it was a proper counter. You are fine to share opinions on games that you have played, but if somebody informs you the the ones you didn't play don't follow your opinions on the series there is no reason to just block them out. Also, I looked back and youbrought up handhelds. "Kirby... specifically which play identical to their previous games on NES and game boy."

We both made assumptions, both of us were wrong to do it, I agree. Also, there is a difference in decline and stagnation. When somebody says that an older one was better, that is not the same as they are all the same, but rather there being a change involved that was considered poor. Like I said though, you are right, I shouldn't have assumed.

Could you explain how DKCR's style differs from the others? I don't disagree, but if you would, please do explain.

I did read what you said, and I argued based on what I read. I'd also like you to realize you made assumptions too.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 locopatho

He gave a console and handheld example, but you only focused on the handheld one, discounting it even though, whether or not you played it, it was a proper counter. You are fine to share opinions on games that you have played, but if somebody informs you the the ones you didn't play don't follow your opinions on the series there is no reason to just block them out. Also, I looked back and youbrought up handhelds. "Kirby... specifically which play identical to their previous games on NES and game boy."

We both made assumptions, both of us were wrong to do it, I agree. Also, there is a difference in decline and stagnation. When somebody says that an older one was better, that is not the same as they are all the same, but rather there being a change involved that was considered poor. Like I said though, you are right, I shouldn't have assumed.

Could you explain how DKCR's style differs from the others? I don't disagree, but if you would, please do explain.

I did read what you said, and I argued based on what I read. I'd also like you to realize you made assumptions too.

TilxWLOC

How is a handheld game relevant in any way when I specifically said I'm giving my opinion on the console games only?

Am I not allowed to say I liked Uncharted, loved Uncharted 2, and thought Uncharted 3 was good but a bit disappointing, because I haven't played the VITA Uncharted? 

It's just moving the goalposts and refuting points I never made. If I said I love Mario Galaxy, he'd smile and nod. He wouldn't say "YOU HAVE TO PLAY 3DS MARIO TO KNOW FOR SURE!"

The only assumption I made was that people would actually read what I wrote and respond based on facts/informed opnions, not their feelings that I must be wrong...

(DKCR is similar to the SNES games in ways but with new enemies besides the kremlings and really great, challenging level design, it felt fresh. In the same way that Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime 2 were similar to their previous games in a lot of ways, but did enough to evolve the formula)

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#216 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

thats alright it will be made up with awsome exclusives its to bad for you though ,   because honestly of that list you listed im only interisted in saints row 4 and gta v and i got a 360 already for it 

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

Oh, my sides.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

locopatho

How is a handheld game relevant in any way when I specifically said I'm giving my opinion on the console games only?

Am I not allowed to say I liked Uncharted, loved Uncharted 2, and thought Uncharted 3 was good but a bit disappointing, because I haven't played the VITA Uncharted? 

It's just moving the goalposts and refuting points I never made. If I said I love Mario Galaxy, he'd smile and nod. He wouldn't say "YOU HAVE TO PLAY 3DS MARIO TO KNOW FOR SURE!"

The only assumption I made was that people would actually read what I wrote and respond based on facts/informed opnions, not their feelings that I must be wrong...

(DKCR is similar to the SNES games in ways but with new enemies besides the kremlings and really great, challenging level design, it felt fresh. In the same way that Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime 2 were similar to their previous games in a lot of ways, but did enough to evolve the formula)

Handheld gaming is relevant because you brought it up in your arguement.

You totally missed the point, you made a statement about the series, not the individual games in the series. That is more similar to playing Uncharted 1 and 2 and saying you thought the whole series was great.

You said "...But Fire Emblem on the Gamecube and Wii are identical gameplaywise to the GBA ones.(and presumably the NES/SNES Japanese ones)", you were more specific here, but you still made an assumption on the NES and SNES games.

(Kirby 64 is similar to the SNES game, but with the ability to combine powers, Interesting level design where you had to puzzle out which combination of powers to use to find secrets, it felt fresh. In the same way that DKCR and Metorid Prime 2 were similar to previous games in a lot of ways, but did enough to evolve the formula.)

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

[QUOTE="GD1551"]

PS4 aint a current gen console.

ChubbyGuy40

Wii-U ushered in next gen, therefor it is a current gen console whether you like it or not. You don't get to define that.

Wii U didn't usher in anything, but a flop for Nintendo. The next gen has not begun for the majority.