THE ULTIMATE CONSOLE WARS THREAD: Xbox 360 vs PS3 vs Wii in 2010

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Just decided we should have a look at all the good games released across both consoles this year to see how each of the three consoles has been doing. Please note that exclusivity is not a criterion for this list. The point is to see which console got the better games to playthis year, so multiplatform games will be included. Downloadable games and DLC will also not be included.

And now, without further ado, comparing the games the three have got this year:

XBOX 360:
Red Dead Redemption (AAA)
Super Street Fighter IV (AAA)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (AAA)
Mass Effect 2 (AAA)
Bayonetta (AAA)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (AA)
Alan Wake (AA)
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (AA)
Resonance of Fate (AA)
Final Fantasy XIII (AA)
Bioshock 2 (AA)
Lego Harry Potter: Years 1-4 (AA)
UFC 2010: Undisputed (AA)
Blur (AA)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction (AA)
Singularity (AA)
Just Cause 2 (AA)
Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing (AA)
Darksiders (AA)
Green Day Rock Band (A)
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (A)
Split/Second (A)
Final Fight: Double Impact (A)
Dead to Rights Retribution (A)
Major League Baseball 2K10 (A)
Supreme Commander 2 (A)
Metro 2033 (A)
Army of Two: The 40th Day (A)
Crackdown 2 (A)
Deadly Premonition (A)
Toy Story 3 (A)
Record of Agarest War (A)
Skate 3 (A)
Moto GP 09/10 (A)

PS3:
Red Dead Redemption (AAA)
Super Street Fighter IV (AAA)
GTA: Episodes From Liberty City (AAA)
God of War III (AAA)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (AAA)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011 (AA)
2011 FIFA World Cup South Africa (AA)
Resonance of Fate (AA)
Final Fantasy XIII (AA)
Heavy Rain (AA)
Bioshock 2 (AA)
Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4 (AA)
ModNation Racers (AA)
UFC 2010: Undisputed (AA)
Blur (AA)
Just Cause 2 (AA)
Singularity (AA)
Yakuza 3 (AA)
MLB 10: The Show (AA)
MAG (AA)
Darksiders (AA)
Bayonetta (AA)
Green Day Rock Band (A)
Split/Second (A)
3D Dot Game Heroes (A)
Army of Two: The 40th Day (A)
Trinity Universe (A)
Dead to Rights Retribution (A)
Moto GP 09/10 (A)
Toy Story 3 (A)
Skate 3 (A)
Star Ocean: The Last Hope (A)
Major League Baseball 2K10 (A)

WII:
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (AAAA)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (AA)
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor (AA)
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: Ultimate All Stars (AA)
No More Heroes: Desperate Struggle (AA)
LEGO Garry Potter Years 1-4 (AA)
Monster Hunter Tri (AA)
Trauma Team (AA)
Endless Ocean: Blue World (AA)
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (AA)
Red Steel 2 (A)
Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces (A)
Sakura Wars: So Long, My Love (A)
2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa (A)
Rooms: The Main Building (A)
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (A)

FINAL STATS AND ANALYSIS:
Xbox 360:
34 Games, 5 AAAs, 14 AAs, 15 As
PS3: 37 Games, 5 AAAs, 18 AAs, 14 As
WII: 18 Games, 1 AAAA, 0 AAAs, 10 AAs, 7 AAs

Now, based purely on the list, stats and analyses above, which platform do you think has performed the best so far this year, and why?

WHICH CONSOLE DO YOU THINK HAS HAD THE BEST LIBRARY SO FAR THIS YEAR? BE SURE TO COMMENT BELOW.

(edited twice to change topic title)

(edited twice to add missing games and to update the stats)

(edited once to fix minor typographical errors)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
It's actually tough to choose, now that I've listed out all those games above... :D
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

for me its PS3, but not because it has a superior lineup compared to the other 2, but simply cause i really enjoyed more its exclusives..

anyway what this thread made me realise is how lucky i am owning all consoles but unlucky at the same time for not having enough free time to enjoy all the games available on each one of them..

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

I prefer 360´s lineup mostly for Mass Effect 2, alan Wake and the superior version of RDR

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

I think you're missing some. At my last count the 360, PS3 and Wii had added 34, 38 and 18 A-AAAA games to their libraries, respectively, since the beginning of the year.

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#6 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
I wish this was the Ultimate System Wars Thread and included PC
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
360. I don't care what number someone else picked out of the air to give a game. Metro only A? Just bs there.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I said Wii it was a close decision between Wii and PS3 but I chose Wii because it had less votes and I like most of the series that were released on the Wii this year.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
anyway what this thread made me realise is how lucky i am owning all consolesMalta_1980
I know, I was thinking the same thing while I was typing it down :D
TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TehNubTuber
Member since 2010 • 616 Posts

I prefer 360´s lineup mostly for Mass Effect 2, alan Wake and the superior version of RDR

PAL360
The superior version of RDR? WOW Their the exact same thing :lol: You need to to zoom in 300% or go to a specific part of the map to notice somehting missing rofl... wow..
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#11 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

Although I prefer my PS3 and think it has the best lineup this year, I don't think it has had the best lineup so far this year, all thanks to Mass Effect 2.

The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Gaming_Baby
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

TehNubTuber
The superior version of RDR? WOW Their the exact same thing :lol: You need to to zoom in 300% or go to a specific part of the map to notice somehting missing rofl... wow..

RDR looks better on the 360. Other than that they are the same.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Although I prefer my PS3 and think it has the best lineup this year, I don't think it has had the best lineup so far this year, all thanks to Mass Effect 2.

The_Gaming_Baby
I know. Man, was that game AWESOME. I dont know what Gamespot was thinking when they gave it only a 9.0.
Avatar image for devilsoultaker2
devilsoultaker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 devilsoultaker2
Member since 2009 • 904 Posts
i think you counted PSN games and left XBLA !!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

I see you totally ignored his mention of Mass Effect 2.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
i think you counted PSN games and left XBLA !!!devilsoultaker2
I did? Sorry, it was a big list. Can you tell me which ones, please?
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fastr
[QUOTE="The_Gaming_Baby"]

charizard1605
I know. Man, was that game AWESOME. I dont know what Gamespot was thinking when they gave it only a 9.0.

They where just pissed because they didn't have a list of 100 armors to scroll thru and sell at the end of every mission.
TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TehNubTuber

charizard1605

Because the mention of Mass Effect 2 makes sense and isn't absurd? RDR is the exact same 9.5 rated game on the PS3.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Mass Effect 2 is really the clincher for me that and Alan Wake, added to the fact that my PS3's BR drive is still broken so i havnt been able to play GoW3, HR etc. yet. (i will get it repaired but i'm having too much fun with PS+ version of LBP :P )

So yeah i voted Xbox 360.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="TehNubTuber"] The superior version of RDR? WOW Their the exact same thing :lol: You need to to zoom in 300% or go to a specific part of the map to notice somehting missing rofl... wow..TehNubTuber

Because the mention of Mass Effect 2 makes sense and is absurd? RDR is the exact same 9.5 rated game on the PS3.

Okay. Fair enough. :) :P
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Gaming_Baby

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="TehNubTuber"] The superior version of RDR? WOW Their the exact same thing :lol: You need to to zoom in 300% or go to a specific part of the map to notice somehting missing rofl... wow..TehNubTuber

Because the mention of Mass Effect 2 makes sense and isn't absurd? RDR is the exact same 9.5 rated game on the PS3.

RDR is much better looking on the 360 :?
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Snugenz

FFXIII scored exactly the same on the PS3 and 360 yet we heard no end of "PS3 version is a bajillion times betterer than the 360 version". So i ask do you feel there was nothing special different between the versions of FFXIII ?

TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TehNubTuber
[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] I see you totally ignored his mention of Mass Effect 2.The_Gaming_Baby

Which is why reviews didn't even mention it? And we only found out after the typical graphical camparison sites used their tech to spot tiny diferences? please dude.. You aren't tricking anyone..
TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TehNubTuber

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] I see you totally ignored his mention of Mass Effect 2.Snugenz

FFXIII scored exactly the same on the PS3 and 360 yet we heard no end of "PS3 version is a bajillion times betterer than the 360 version". So i ask do you feel there was nothing special different between the versions of FFXIII ?

I NEVER see that being thrown around, I see the same 2 or 3 360 fans throwing the superior RDR around in almost every thread, imo it's reaching, and kind of pathetic.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"] Because the mention of Mass Effect 2 makes sense and isn't absurd? RDR is the exact same 9.5 rated game on the PS3.

TehNubTuber

I NEVER see that being thrown around, I see the same 2 or 3 360 fans throwing the superior RDR around in almost every thread, imo it's reaching, and kind of pathetic.

First we both know this isnt your first GS account, so you've been around before and after FFXIII's release, and your seriously saying you never seen the differences between the two versions (of FFXIII) brought up. ?

The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 The_Gaming_Baby

[QUOTE="The_Gaming_Baby"][QUOTE="TehNubTuber"] Because the mention of Mass Effect 2 makes sense and isn't absurd? RDR is the exact same 9.5 rated game on the PS3.

TehNubTuber

Which is why reviews didn't even mention it? And we only found out after the typical graphical camparison sites used their tech to spot tiny diferences? please dude.. You aren't tricking anyone..

lol Sadly the 360 version runs at a higher resolution which is noticeable, it is also a brighter image. This is all that I could notice anyway. And I don't pay attention to reviews, I score games myself, check out my profile. I ended up giving RDR on the PS3 *the version I own* a 9.5 because quite frankly I don't care about graphics. The biggest gripe i have with RDR is the glitches. My horse got stuck in a wall :(

TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TehNubTuber

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Snugenz

First we both know this isnt your first GS account, so you've been around before and after FFXIII's release, and your seriously saying you never seen the differences between the two versions (of FFXIII) brought up. ?

This is my first account but I have lurked. And yes I remember backlash for both versions having scored the same because of supposed diferences, I never tested the games I don't know how big they are, but I don't ever see anyone continually bringing that up like with RDR. And I bet the difeerences in FF13 are WAAAAY bigger then in RDR.
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Snugenz

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"][QUOTE="The_Gaming_Baby"]RDR is much better looking on the 360 :?The_Gaming_Baby

lol Sadly the 360 version runs at a higher resolution which is noticeable, it is also a brighter image. This is all that I could notice anyway. And I don't pay attention to reviews, I score games myself, check out my profile. I ended up giving RDR on the PS3 *the version I own* a 9.5 because quite frankly I don't care about graphics. The biggest gripe i have with RDR is the glitches. My horse got stuck in a wall :(

I knew horses used wall hacks, those cheating ****** !!!.

Anyway, yes there's graphical differences, yes they're noticeable with a side-by-side comparison but they dont effect how much fun you'll have with the game in any way as you said. With that said i never seen any of the glitches in the game, and some of them looked really funny. :lol:

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

TehNubTuber

What? I thought that the HD was a big dead here :shock:

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Snugenz

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"] I NEVER see that being thrown around, I see the same 2 or 3 360 fans throwing the superior RDR around in almost every thread, imo it's reaching, and kind of pathetic. TehNubTuber

This is my first account but I have lurked. And yes I remember backlash for both versions having scored the same because of supposed diferences, I never tested the games I don't know how big they are, but I don't ever see anyone continually bringing that up like with RDR. And I bet the difeerences in FF13 are WAAAAY bigger then in RDR.

They're not, the biggest difference is the resolution of the CGI.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I wish this was the Ultimate System Wars Thread and included PCDiviniuz
He would've had to include DS, PC, and PSP in that to make the "Ulimate System Wars Thread" since those are also Systems.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Yeah, didnt cows make a big noise about Halo 3 being sub HD or something?
Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Snugenz

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"] The superior version of RDR? WOW Their the exact same thing :lol: You need to to zoom in 300% or go to a specific part of the map to notice somehting missing rofl... wow..charizard1605

And Alan Wake.

Avatar image for devilsoultaker2
devilsoultaker2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 devilsoultaker2
Member since 2009 • 904 Posts
[QUOTE="devilsoultaker2"]i think you counted PSN games and left XBLA !!!charizard1605

Tropico 3 Lips: I Love the 80's XBLA Darwinia+ Misadventures of P. B. Winterbottom Toy Solders Puzzle Quest 2 Perfect Dark Chime Lazy Raiders Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition, Doom 2 Snoopy Flying Ace Earthworm Jim HD Ancients of Ooga RISK: Factions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="Diviniuz"]I wish this was the Ultimate System Wars Thread and included PCNintendo_Ownes7

He would've had to include PSP and DS with PC since those are also Systems.

Exactly. Including the PC, the PSP and the DS would have possibly resulted in the first post being intolerably long, so I stuck with just the three home consoles instead.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"] The superior version of RDR? WOW Their the exact same thing :lol: You need to to zoom in 300% or go to a specific part of the map to notice somehting missing rofl... wow..charizard1605

Alan Wake man, alan Wake :P

The amount of threads a day bashing that game because it wasnt in HD was out of this world a few monthes ago!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="devilsoultaker2"]i think you counted PSN games and left XBLA !!!devilsoultaker2

Tropico 3 Lips: I Love the 80's XBLA Darwinia+ Misadventures of P. B. Winterbottom Toy Solders Puzzle Quest 2 Perfect Dark Chime Lazy Raiders Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition, Doom 2 Snoopy Flying Ace Earthworm Jim HD Ancients of Ooga RISK: Factions

Sorry, I don't see any of those games in the OP. I think you might have misread it. :)
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fastr
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

shh, cows only care about graphics when they think they have a game that looks better then another one.That was the only difference with FF13 too, yet they never shut up about it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="PAL360"]

The amount of threads a day bashing that game because it wasnt in HD was out of this world a few monthes ago!

Yeah. Frankly, I really couldn't care less about how many pixels or lines are being displayed on my TV screen. It's the game itself that counts. :)
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shinrabanshou

From the 360 list you're missing:
Toy Story 3 (A)

From the PS3 list you're missing:
Toy Story 3 (A)
Skate 3 (A)
Deadly Premonition (A)

TehNubTuber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TehNubTuber

[QUOTE="TehNubTuber"][QUOTE="Snugenz"]

Snugenz

They're not, the biggest difference is the resolution of the CGI.

Well I'd bet they're at the very least equivalent but still the point stands people let those tiny diferences go a long time ago, RDR keeps coming back and imo it's due to the 360's lack of exclusives...

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PAL360

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Yeah, didnt cows make a big noise about Halo 3 being sub HD or something?charizard1605

Yeah. Frankly, I really couldn't care less about how many pixels or lines are being displayed on my TV screen. It's the game itself that counts. :)

Indeed. Alan Wake is a great looking game so is the PS3 version of RDR. Doesnt change the fact that if both had a better res, they would look a bit better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Toy Story 3 (A)

Singularity (AA)
Toy Story 3 (A)
Skate 3 (A)
Deadly Premonition (A)

shinrabanshou

Edited the OP accordingly :)

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 shinrabanshou

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

Toy Story 3 (A)

Singularity (AA)
Toy Story 3 (A)
Skate 3 (A)
Deadly Premonition (A)

charizard1605

Deadly Premonition (A) PS3?

And your final stats are kind of wonky...

-----

Anyway with regards to your question, I'd say the multiplats kind of put the PS360 above the Wii overall, but the Wii is doing fine this year too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

Toy Story 3 (A)

Singularity (AA)
Toy Story 3 (A)
Skate 3 (A)
Deadly Premonition (A)

shinrabanshou

-----

Anyway with regards to your question, I'd say the multiplats kind of put the PS360 above the Wii overall, but the Wii is doing fine this year too.

I changed the final stats to make them consistent with the new additions, dont worry. And I just cant find the PS3 review for Deadly Premonition on this site. Can you link me to it please?

shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shinrabanshou

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"] Edited the OP accordingly :)

charizard1605

-----

I changed the final stats to make them consistent with the new additions, dont worry. And I just cant find the PS3 review for Deadly Premonition on this site. Can you link me to it please?

Sorry that was a complete brain fart moment, just thought that because it was multiplat there would be an equivalent review.

I meant the final stats are wonky because 5 + 18 + 11 don't add up to 37.

a_simple_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 a_simple_gamer
Member since 2010 • 1338 Posts

Xbox 360 by a landslide

Simply because i like RPGs and adventures, so Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2 and Fable 3 are above anything for me this year (and the next actually, and in fact all coming years for now, unless a Demon Soul 2 or Fable 4 or Mass Effect 3 is announced or Witcher 2, Two worlds 2, Dragon Age 2, Dungeon Siege 3 etc are released)

As for JRPGs, for now i dont see anything i would die for, just hope FF13vs is not like FF13, so i may buy it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

[QUOTE="shinrabanshou"]Deadly Premonition (A) PS3?

-----

Sorry that was a complete brain fart moment, just thought that because it was multiplat there would be an equivalent review.

I meant the final stats are wonky because 5 + 18 + 11 don't add up to 37.

It happens :P Edited the stats (again). It should be okay now :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="a_simple_gamer"]

Xbox 360 by a landslide

Simply because i like RPGs and adventures, so Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2 and Fable 3 are above anything for me this year (and the next actually, and in fact all coming years for now, unless a Demon Soul 2 or Fable 4 or Mass Effect 3 is announced or Witcher 2, Two worlds 2, Dragon Age 2, Dungeon Siege 3 etc are released)

Fable 3 hasn't even reeased yet :?
a_simple_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 a_simple_gamer
Member since 2010 • 1338 Posts

[QUOTE="a_simple_gamer"]

Xbox 360 by a landslide

charizard1605

Fable 3 hasn't even reeased yet :?

It is not like it has any competition, so when it comes will still be the same