The Tragedy of Gaming in 2013 (ie screw ya'all)

• 127 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

'I'm tired of endless cookie cutter sequels and this line of shooters! Give me something different! Give me something new!'

This is the most common refrain that you hear on this board, right? Give us something new. Another Battlefield? Another Call of Duty? Another Assassin's Creed? Another shooter? Why can't we get something new?

Yeah, well, you all are fucking hypocrites, that's why. You all won't fucking put your money where your mouth is, and this year stands as the final proof of that. Because this year, this year, we got wonderful games, beautiful games that were like nothing else on the market, or games that stood out in a sea of brown and grey shooters as delightfully fun and whimsical. And you know what you all fucking did? You all ignored them. You went on buying the new Call of Duty or Battlefield or whatever shit it is that you love to rag on but keep buying.

Seriously, look at the Top 10 charts for November in the US. Or in the UK. It disgusts me. Games like Ghosts and Battlefield 4 (the latter won't even run) charted and sold millions, while these beautiful, wonderful masterpieces below? They got ignored. They got the cold shoulder.

So you know what? You deserve all your homogenization and this pathetic race to the top AAA industry that you get. You can bitch about it, but you deserve it. Because as the games below show, you all clearly won't put your money where your mouth is:

RAYMAN LEGENDS

Look at that. That beautiful, gorgeous picture is veritable art in motion. The best part is, it plays every bit as good as it looks.

Rayman Legends is the sequel to the 2011 masterpiece Rayman Origins, which might be one of the greatest platformers ever made. Incredible level design, tight platforming, an a dirge of content. Rave reviews everywhere. Available on every single platform imaginable. And the game bombed. This beautiful masterpiece, this testament to game design, bombed.

I'm not even expecting great day one sales- it's a platformer, they aren't as front loaded as AAA games. Plus it did launch right next to GTA, so there is that. But it had no tail. It just came and went. It didn't sell at all. In a sea of cookie cutter shooters, Rayman Legends was a breath of fresh air, and you all ignored it. Good going.

PUPPETEER

Puppeteer was another platforming gem released this year, exclusively for the PS3. There are cows who love to tout ownage using the exclusive library that their console gets, but why didn't they go out and buy this great game? When a game like Knack or God of War Ascension sells more than Puppeteer, I begin to lose faith in the gaming public.

Sony gave us a wonderful, standout game. People responded- they don't give a ****. Just give them the next Killzone please.

THE WONDERFUL 101

'Nintendo doesn't make new IPs!' Well, guess what? They funded a big budget new IP by everyone's favorite Platinum Games. And unlike most new IPs, which are just reskins of existing concepts, this one was actually new. It played like nothing else on the market. It got great reviews everywhere, and it had Kamiya's brain and Nintendo's funding behind it. And, like literally every other game on this list, it sank without a trace.

Sheep say they buy Nintendo hardware to play Nintendo games? Yeah, well, they don't. They didn't buy this game, did they?

TEARAWAY

This one is legitimately breaking my heart. It's flat out making me depressed, because Tearaway is a wonderful game. Playing it, you can't not have a smile on your face. It's just such a happy, lovely game, and it plays like nothing else on the market. It's a Vita exclusive that makes full use of everything the Vita has to offer to deliver an experience that simply cannot be had anywhere else. And it's a standout experience, with incredible game design, beautiful graphics, and a charming soundtrack.

It's Media Molecule's best game, and it deserved more success than all their other games put together. Instead, it probably won't even cross 100k lifetime. Good going guys. You disgust me.

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD

The culmination of all things Mario, with stunning graphics, an incredible soundtrack, boundless creativity, wonderful level design, amazingly tight controls, a veritable stream of content, and a multiplayer mode to boot. Flat out the best game that is currently available on the next generation consoles, Mario got met with the cold shoulder everywhere. Why? What might possibly be the best Mario game except for maybe Mario Galaxy 2 got outsold by Knack.

People say they buy Nintendo hardware to play Nintendo games. That is usually understood to mean Mario and Zelda. But they didn't even buy Mario! What the hell?

---

So I'm just saying, don't bitch about the state of the gaming industry anymore. Ya'all lost the right to do that when you refused to support games that broke the mold and offered something different.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

2013 was a great year. And get off your high horse charizard, you should know very well that System Wars cannot effect the direction of the gaming industry.

Our name is not legion, we are not many.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@R3FURBISHED said:

2013 was a great year. And get off your high horse charizard, you should know very well that System Wars cannot effect the direction of the gaming industry.

We are not legion

If System Wars can't affect the direction, and won't even do anything to affect the direction, then it shouldn't be bitching about the direction, no?

If all you are going to buy is Battlefield and Call of Duty, then don't complain if all you get is more Battlefield and Call of Duty.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Who gives a **** what System Wars plebs like or do?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@R3FURBISHED said:

We are not legion

If System Wars can't affect the direction of the industry, and won't do anything to affect the direction of the industry, then it should just stop bitching about the direction the industry takes.

If all you're going to buy is Battlefield and Call of Duty, then don't be surprised if all you get is more Battlefield and Call of Duty.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

Did you put your money where that mouth was and purchase W101?

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts

Don't look at me. I bought The Stanley Parable and Shadow Warrior.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R3FURBISHED

@charizard1605 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

We are not legion

If System Wars can't affect the direction, and won't even do anything to affect the direction, then it shouldn't be bitching about the direction, no?

If all you are going to buy is Battlefield and Call of Duty, then don't complain if all you get is more Battlefield and Call of Duty.

I don't buy them because I don't enjoy them. I will continue to buy Halo and Grand Theft Auto because the games remain at an incredibly high quality after all these years.

If Indie games want my money they can be games that I enjoy (conceited much, right?) Gone Home was the last indie game I bought and the last I really enjoyed.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#9 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Go buy Tearaway everyone, it's $20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@dobzilian said:

Did you put your money where that mouth was and purchase W101?

No, but I purchased three of the five games on the list, and I will purchase The Wonderful 101 now that I have a Wii U.

Unless you are telling me I should have bought the game when I had no way to play it.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

You forgot the Amazing Pikmin 3 to that list.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

I did buy those games.

Except for Tearaway, because I don't own a Vita. And I still need to pick up Puppeteer.
Looking forward to having my purchases change the industry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@R3FURBISHED said:

@charizard1605 said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

We are not legion

I don't buy them because I don't enjoy them. I will continue to buy Halo and Grand Theft Auto because the games remain at an incredibly high quality after all these years.

If Indie games want my money they can be games that I enjoy (conceited much, right?) Gone Home was the last indie game I bought and the last I really enjoyed.

Great, and this is not directed at you- but it's directed at those who bitch about the direction gaming is taken (those who complain about a new Halo or GTA), but then ignore games like this.

You don't. You are clear on what you want, and I can't fault you for having your own tastes and opinions

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

I'm glad I'm a ps3 owner. 2013 was excellent

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#16 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I'm a terrible person, I know.

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

I honestly would buy them. However they're not in any plataform I own, just Rayman Legends was in the PC or the PS3. And no fucking way i'm buying a Wii U or a PS Vita.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R3FURBISHED

@charizard1605 said:

Great, and this is not directed at you- but it's directed at those who bitch about the direction gaming is taken (those who complain about a new Halo or GTA), but then ignore games like this.

You don't. You are clear on what you want, and I can't fault you for having your own tastes and opinions

I get what you are saying, but it takes something special for people to notice indie games - a Minecraft or Super Meat Boy or Fez.

People do buy these games, but they aren't going to take the place of Call of Duty or Battlefield or any of the other yearly iterations of uber popular game series.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46281 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I did buy those games.

Except for Tearaway, because I don't own a Vita. And I still need to pick up Puppeteer.

Looking forward to having my purchases change the industry.

Same here, I bought most of those except for tearaway (no vita) and Wonderful 101 (have no idea if I will like it or not)

Making the world a better place.

remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21  Edited By remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

Like it or not he makes a valid and well articulated point.

Well done!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I'm proud to say I own every single one of these games, EVERY SINGLE ONE across all these machines....but I have yet to open some of them as I'm completing others.

I always enjoy new IPs and stress buying them over cookie cutter game designs annually. I also could name some other new IPs that aren't on this list from this year.

It's a pretty exciting lineup of games if you ask me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Slashkice said:
@R3FURBISHED said:

I get what you are saying, but it takes something special for people to notice indie games - a Minecraft or Super Meat Boy or Fez.

People do buy these games, but they aren't going to take the place of Call of Duty or Battlefield or any of the other yearly iterations of uber popular game series.

None of the games in the OP are indie though. :p

Some have small teams behind them (Tearaway), but they're all from major developers with larger budgets than you would find in an indie game.

One of them is a Mario game >.>

I mean, that's Sony, Nintendo, and Ubisoft in the OP, it's hard to get more high profile than that.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

Well i gotta agree with Charizard on this one, those are some pretty good games up there that deserved better sales.

This is on us, we have to do a better job supporting high quality/unique games.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dobzilian

@charizard1605: Well if im being honest you should not be so critical about other peoples purchasing nature. Out of those I own W101 and its utterly brilliant but have no interest in the other Games you listed and owning a 3Ds WiiU and 360 I cannot purchase everything. In the last year I've purchased 2x mario, zelda OOT, w101, MH3 U WiiU, pokemon, TTT2, Darksiders 2, AC3, CooD BO2, RE Merc, loads Eshop games and several other games which do interest me.

Overall Id not purchase them and dont be so critical of other peoples purchases when you are calling the kettle black to some extent.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Shooters are entertaining, it doesn't matter what people in here say. This is the truth. You pick it up and you start shooting things, they're quick to pick up and start playing and quick to stop playing anytime and just leave it be, they're simple also. While I agree other games need some love too, they're not as popular.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@dobzilian said:

@charizard1605: Well if im being honest you should not be so critical about other peoples purchasing nature. Out of those I own W101 and its utterly brilliant but have no interest in the other Games you listed and owning a 3Ds WiiU and 360 I cannot purchase everything. In the last year I've purchased 2x mario, zelda OOT, w101, MH3 U WiiU, pokemon, TTT2, Darksiders 2, AC3, CooD BO2, RE Merc, loads Eshop games and several other games which do interest me.

Overall Id not purchase them and dont be so critical of other peoples purchases when you are calling the kettle black to some extent.

But I am not. Like I said, I own three out of the five, soon to be four. I think that's about four more than the average System Wars owner.

If you are already doing your bit buying new, quirky games, then you're doing your part too. It's not aimed at you. It's aimed at people who get hypocritical about the direction the industry is going in but don't do anything about it.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

don't care about games for children. Give me at least teenager level of writing.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

I own all those games except Tearaway.

@Blabadon said:

Thanks for the info, I just grabbed that and Super Luigi U for $20 apiece on Amazon.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I dont like any of those games. Too "fluffy" for my liking.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

You forgot to add the #1 game this year to your list: Pikmin 3. A series so unique the only way to describe it is as an RTS in and action adventure setting. It's one of the most well designed video games on the market to boot. My personal GOTY

Rayman Legends is superb. It's platforming genius from beginning to end. It's varied, has smooth and responsive controls, and excellent level design

The Wonderful 101 is my number one most wanted game from this year that I have yet to purchase. There's just been too much to do lately.

The Puppeteer was a straight up disappointment. The charm and visuals are creative and impressive, but the game itself is mediocre at best. Gameplay and level design is sloppy and generally unenjoyable. The boss battles were the highlight though.

Tearaway looks great and I'd love to play it, but it would take a lot to get me to buy a Vita at this point

Super Mario 3D World is the strongest entry yet in the 3D Mario platforming series. It's creative and beautiful just like the Mario Galaxy's before it, but it provides much stronger and tighter level design with a much stronger level of challenge towards the end of this 11 world experience. It's just better made at its core.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#33  Edited By zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

I didn't buy any of those games lol. Rayman Origins, while great, was enough Rayman for a while for me. I'll check out Legends when it's cheaper. Puppeteer... eh, maybe? Don't know much about it. Same with Tearaway for that matter. W101 interests me a little bit but I don't like the guy's other games. And... I should be getting Super Mario 3D World in a couple days.

This fall was busy for me so I missed out on a lot of games, but sometimes those "niche" games that we are just supposed to support as gamers don't interest me.

Besides, System Wars is just a very small fraction of all gamers out there. It may seem like there is a lot more gamers on here but I'd guess a decent portion of our numbers are alt accounts.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

RAYMAN LEGENDS

PUPPETEER

THE WONDERFUL 101

TEARAWAY

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD

No Caption Provided

1. Rayman Legends is worse than Rayman Origins and plays it safe a lot. Not to mention if you were or still find yourself a real Rayman fan, Rayman Origins made you angry and this is 4x worse than that. Don't forget calling it a Wii U exclusive, then changing that, and then releasing with half the content.

2.Played safe with adversing on a console with a low install base because of numerous problems. Which also held sales back

3.A wii u game with a low advertising budget and low shipping rates.

4.Number 2

5. We played this before, eased content to suit more players.

This is all you have? Really?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

People suck for not buying Tearaway. I suck for waiting for it to go on PS+.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By dobzilian

@charizard1605: I get what you mean but it isnt as simple as a ciuple of games which you like, You open the door to hundreds of titles which have not been big hits which should of been and the gaming community should of supported. Some people want sports games, slme people want FpS, skme people want W101 and 4his will always happens.

Next year I be purchasing Bayonetta 2and MH4 and that is the only definitely definet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Jakandsigz said:

@charizard1605 said:

RAYMAN LEGENDS

PUPPETEER

THE WONDERFUL 101

TEARAWAY

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD

1. Rayman Legends is worse than Rayman Origins and plays it safe a lot. Not to mention if you were or still find yourself a real Rayman fan, Rayman Origins made you angry and this is 4x worse than that. Don't forget calling it a Wii U exclusive, then changing that, and then releasing with half the content.

2.Played safe with adversing on a console with a low install base because of numerous problems. Which also held sales back

4.Number 2

1. Origins didn't make most people angry, Legends should not have either. It was released with all the planned content, and Legends is great

2. PS3 has a low install base?

3. Shipment rates would rise if the game sold

4. There is a thing known as 'system seller'

5. What does that even mean?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

2013 was a GREAT year for gaming, just on the PS3 alone. All new IPS-TLOU, The Puppeteer and Dragons Crown which I bought all of and even Ni No Kuni which I didn't buy because the demo didn't wow me. I LOVE new IPS and usually buy them no matter the platform.

I just got burned out on Mario and that doesn't detract from what a great game it is, that's just personal preference. I did buy Knack tho :D

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

@charizard1605 said:

RAYMAN LEGENDS

PUPPETEER

THE WONDERFUL 101

TEARAWAY

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD

4.Number 2

Your ignorance and lie-spouting is showing...

1-Rayman legends released with double the content if anything.

2-ummm. PS3 has a huge install base

5-yeah everybody who played the game or reviewed it lauded 3D World as incredibly fresh and creative as well as quite challenging because it's exactly the same thing we've been playing for 20 years but easier... *rolls eyes*

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I am one of the big supporters for those kind of games, the games that do something amazing unlike anything else as well the very popular games like Call of Duty ( just bought Call of Duty: Ghosts for $40 :D )

I bought Puppeteer day 1 and its one of the best platformers this year, it didnt just have an adorable story but top music, amazing graphics and presentation to so much more, didnt regret spending a single cent on that game and its one of my top games that i would recommend to others.

I want to get Tearaway so bad but i am kind of broke at the moment as i bought a lot of games during blackfriday like ( Final Fantasy 14, Dishonored, Time and Eternity and CoD:Ghosts ).

The first Rayman game didnt give me a good impression on it and that is why i didnt bother with Origins, yes the games got amazing visuals but that was all to it for me, the gameplay wasnt fun to me and is why i didnt care for origins but i shall support it once it hit a major price drop

Nintendo games i wont touch because i do not plan to buy a wiiu so my apologizes i aint got enough money for everything.

Now some games i played this year that i think need a lot support are:

• Tales of Xillia ( PS3 ) truly great story, addictive gameplay and battle system that sucks you in, great re-playablity.
  • Sly Cooper 4 ( PS3 ) The game didnt just have mind blowing graphics and visuals but it also had that classic feeling to it that the moment you play, you just wont stop till its finished.
  • Yu Gi Oh 5D Decade Duels ( PS3 ) This game may make a lot of people think its for little kids but its not, while its nothing but cards its just like the anime show and more, addictive to no limit.
  • Ratchet and Clank: Into Nexus ( PS3 ) What else can i say other than this is the true Ratchet and Clank, after Crack in Time the series went into different kind of approach with tower defense and such but with Into Nexus it has finally went back to its roots, 10/10 game!
  • Kingdom Hearts 15 HD ( PS3 ).. its Kingdom Hearts but in HD with a lot more content! best collection yet
  • Beyond Two Souls ( PS3 )
  • Soul Sacrifice ( Vita ) This game has to be one of the big surprises ever for me, i played the demo and thought the game was garbage but now that its free with PS+ i thought hey i'll give it a shot once again and what ya know the story truly shocked me by how good it is, the game is emotional, the game is sad and its gameplay is far more deeper than anything i've played on the Vita.. must buy!

Thats it lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@always_explicit said:

I dont like any of those games. Too "fluffy" for my liking.

no, you like kinect, and pointless non-gaming features....

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46281 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@charizard1605 said:

RAYMAN LEGENDS

PUPPETEER

THE WONDERFUL 101

TEARAWAY

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD

4.Number 2

5-yeah everybody who played the game or reviewed it lauded 3D World as incredibly fresh and creative as well as quite challenging because it's exactly the same thing we've been playing for 20 years but easier... *rolls eyes*

Agreed. How many of the games on the list did you play Jackandsigz ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Well I'm not one of those hypocrites.. I've chosen to completely avoid buying CoD or Battlefield simply because I don't want to support those greedy ass companies that and I've had my fair share of generic FPS over the years. I've already played Rayman Legends through on PS3, nearly platted it but I found it got somewhat repetitive towards the end. Decent platformer though. I don't really like the wacky cartoony side to it.

Puppeteer didn't look all that appealing to me, so I avoided it. I guess it was that art direction, playing as a puppet and that silly commentary you hear in the background. Reminds me of Little Big Planet for some reason. It all seems a bit daft to me. I need something with a bit more of a serious tone I guess. Not too serious though mind you.

As for the Wii U games. There are some good games I see on there but the console itself just puts me off ever buying one. It lacks the features and the power for me to call it a significant upgrade over last generation consoles. Then again, I have seen them going really cheap... It's tempting but.. I'd rather wait on PS4 games.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Not a single of these game interest me, don't even want to try one of these for 5 minutes. Guess the tragedy is happening cuz of ppl like me but that's not my fault, i like dem rpg's yo

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

@Blabadon said:

Thanks for the info, I just grabbed that and Super Luigi U for $20 apiece on Amazon.

Leave some impressions, I loved the demo and will pick up the real game soon.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Jakandsigz

@Pikminmaniac said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@charizard1605 said:

RAYMAN LEGENDS

PUPPETEER

THE WONDERFUL 101

TEARAWAY

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD

4.Number 2

1.Rayman Origins did not. it also does not change one thing I said.

2. I was talking about the Vita, where the majority of the idie games sell on that are not as well known.

5. They do that with every mario game including small fixes in remakes. You clearly don't know what I am referring to but being a Nintendo fanboy you will assume what I mean and make up your own theory abut what I am talking about instead of asking. Try a bit harder next time.

crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Not a single of these game interest me, don't even want to try one of these for 5 minutes. Guess the tragedy is happening cuz of ppl like me but that's not my fault, i like dem rpg's yo

Just try out the demo's if you get bored.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Jakandsigz

@charizard1605 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@charizard1605 said:

RAYMAN LEGENDS

PUPPETEER

THE WONDERFUL 101

TEARAWAY

SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD

4.Number 2

1. Origins didn't make most people angry, Legends should not have either. It was released with all the planned content, and Legends is great

2. PS3 has a low install base?

3. Shipment rates would rise if the game sold

4. There is a thing known as 'system seller'

5. What does that even mean?

1. This is pure nonsense, the Rayman community exploded in anger at first for a long while before they moved on because of what the game was supposed to be and what it ended up being.

2.Vita, where most idie games are sold with a couple of exceptions (like Journey)

3. I can't even pick it up at my local gamespot if I wanted to, there is such a thing as having enough for people to buy.

4. number 2.

5. Super Mario 3D world involves stage design that involves more than one person to be utilized, otherwise it is as boring and lacking as playing NSMBW by yourself except at least in that game the design for more than one person is not a problem for 40 of the game.

Or otherwise:

The game play like a illusional 3D version of NSMBW where the game is clearly not designed for one or 3-4 players because there is nothing but trouble so the game can be made fun of while with friend but it is a pain in the ass regardless of that. For one human player, the game is basically Super Mario 3D world but with a crappy camera with screen freezing power-ups for no reason. In other words, it's to games we already played before but done worse than both. Yes I actually played it, and when you finally get your Wii U, or get a firends Wii u to play you will know i am mostly right.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

I played enough sidescrollers in the 80's and 90's to last me two lifetimes. Maybe you're too young to remember the era when sidescrollers we're 99% of all games released but the genre isn't exactly "fresh" to me or to many others. I rented rayman legends and even though the art is lovely and the controls are smooth, ultimately it's not doing anything I wasn't burnt out on playing Mario and Sonic 15-20 years ago.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@Blabadon said:

@Zen_Light said:

@Blabadon said:

Leave some impressions, I loved the demo and will pick up the real game soon.

Tearaway for $20? WHERE?