The Real Power of the X1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

@tormentos:

"And BF4 is not 720p on PS4."

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-4-officially-runs-720p-playstation-4-upscaled-1080p-60-fps/

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Great now the TOU is going to get even more rediculous.

No it's not.

Stunts like that WILL NOT FLY HERE AT ALL. Thanks to those who reported it. We're sorry you guys had to see such stupidity.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

Sorry about the lock, we just had to double-check a thing or two. Reopened, with our apologies.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Not delayed..........................

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 FoxbatAlpha

Have Some Candy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Have Some Candy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like a damn cartoon.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 FoxbatAlpha

@Chutebox:

I have to say that genuinely made me LOL!

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We have heard talk of secret sauce for the X1. Other than indie devs making a game for Sony, have we heard reports of the 50% more powerful PS4. (due to indie trying to kiss Sony's a$$) No third party devs have supported this claim.

Along with the power difference, we have also heard that/ the PS4 is easier to develop for. *Cough, Cough* Driveclub.

This article (wall of text) from one of my favorite sites. http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/ explains Tiled Resources and how they make the X1 a unstoppable beast. There are some videos there that demonstrate this.

Also to support this. http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

It also explains how Sonys console will be tapped out and the X1 will truly be a powerhouse for the next 10 years. It also raises the 4K gaming potential that's supports what MS said.

Flame if you want about the source but when this hits...................KABOOM!

I expected Microsoft to make the XBOX ONE extremely powerful, and I was right. DirectX 11.2 + Tiled Resources will obviously give it major graphical power. Just look at Ryse!! Amazing game visually and gameplay-wise as well!!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Chutebox

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Chutebox:

I really think the car does because of the lighting.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By FoxbatAlpha

@Chutebox:

Don't fall for the pre baked lighting trap. Most people don't know what pre baked lighting is.

The "pre baked" lighting in Forza puts the light source aka The Sun in one fixed position in the sky.

Dynamic lighting puts the sun through its day/night cycle movement.

The lighting still looks the same whether it moves or is fixed.

If you ask me Dynamic lighting is a little overkill for a arcade game that has 2 minute races.

You can always pre load a night race and don't need dynamic lighting to do so.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Chutebox

I don't care about that. It just doesn't look "realistic" to me. Still looks awesome, but i don't know. I think it's just all the reflections throwing me off.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Chutebox:

Pretty much, something just looks off about it.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Chutebox

@soulitane said:

@Chutebox said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Chutebox:

Glad I'm not the only one!

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@soulitane said:

@Chutebox said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Chutebox:

It looks way bright, just too bright. There should realistically be shadows casted near the tires and they're just not there. Forza's visual weaknesses really become apparent once you look at a static image.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts

Pizza van divine.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

We have heard talk of secret sauce for the X1. Other than indie devs making a game for Sony, have we heard reports of the 50% more powerful PS4. (due to indie trying to kiss Sony's a$$) No third party devs have supported this claim.

Along with the power difference, we have also heard that/ the PS4 is easier to develop for. *Cough, Cough* Driveclub.

This article (wall of text) from one of my favorite sites. http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/ explains Tiled Resources and how they make the X1 a unstoppable beast. There are some videos there that demonstrate this.

Also to support this. http://www.giantbomb.com/xbox-one/3045-145/forums/x1-esram-dx-11-2-from-32mb-to-6gb-worth-of-texture-1448545/

It also explains how Sonys console will be tapped out and the X1 will truly be a powerhouse for the next 10 years. It also raises the 4K gaming potential that's supports what MS said.

I expected Microsoft to make the XBOX ONE extremely powerful, and I was right. DirectX 11.2 + Tiled Resources will obviously give it major graphical power. Just look at Ryse!! Amazing game visually and gameplay-wise as well!!

X1's "DX11.X" is a superset of PC's "DX11.2". This is why AMD introduced it's Mantle APIs for the PC.

j2zon2591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 j2zon2591
Member since 2005 • 3571 Posts

Looks very good.

I'll definitely play it. I love "graphics" games.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#68 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@tormentos said:

@superclocked said:

@I_can_haz said:

@FoxbatAlpha: Thread should be renamed "The Real power of 720p on the X1" lol

PS4:

The Order 1886: 900p

Battlefield 4: 720p

$149 - 7870 GHz Tahiti LE @ 1.1GHz = 3.38 TFLOPS

All games: 1080p

The order is not 900p

Is 1920x800 and is not upscale to 1080p like Ryse is it was a design choice because they are emulating a movie theater experience,The order was never say to be 1080p and latter lower like Ryse was.

And BF4 is not 720p on PS4.

By the way since when GPU alone work or do anything,so your need like $450 dollars more of hardware to make that work and don't forget windows.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Qyl8

Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Qyl8/by_merchant/

Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Qyl8/benchmarks/

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($72.91 @ Newegg)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($69.99 @ Newegg)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($149.99 @ Newegg)

Case: Thermaltake VL80001W2Z ATX Mid Tower Case ($42.98 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($29.99 @ Newegg)

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($99.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $630.83

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

All parts from Newegg applying all the promos. Windows included. You can even get it cheaper if you can buy some components in a couple different stores (check link on 2nd line).

The card comes with 2 free games. Now:

XO + 2 games + Xbox live sub = $680

And if you're enrolled in M$ Student program you can get any Windows for free, so subtract $100 and it'll be $530.83.

Not to mention the 7870XT destroys the cheap 7790 on XO.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

The PS4's hardware advantage is NOT a matter of opinion. This is stupid. Come on, people.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

What a fail thread. Ignoring facts like always. Anyway. Ryse sub-hd. ;) secret sauce is sub hd.

carpenter333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 carpenter333
Member since 2005 • 50 Posts

XB1 is a very powerful TV remove.

The future begins...

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

Tiled resources ? This is all that he talks about and he isnt even explaining it well. Also the guy says that 1,2 tf Gpu can be compared to the AMD 3,2tf R280x which i calll BS on an unprecedented level . As if by magic X1 gpu will get close to a gpu with nearly 3x the performance

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Hahhahahaha to funny mate... love how you use DriveClub, a game which is trying to reach new heights with connecting with everyone, with a weather system which will change depending on the time of day and the weather at that moment in time where ever in the world your racing in, just because it was delayed.

Yet your not to worry you get Forza 5, 1080p 60fps, but o yea i forget your'll just be racing bog standard races each time with no weather and no day/night cycle, because the system couldn't handle all that in 1080p 60fps, just like how ryse is only 900p because it just can't get to 1080p. good look with that one.

The one thing you say about it's all indie developers saying this, what do you think main stream developers are indie dev's are as good or if not better than a lot of them, they choose not to be ruled over by cooperates. they no what there talking about.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

@greensand24 said:

@tormentos:

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-4-officially-runs-720p-playstation-4-upscaled-1080p-60-fps/

Only 720p version confirmed is Xbox One. PS4 is still unknown but it will probably be under 1080p.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Not delayed..........................

Post of the thread. Love it!

I also love this thread overall. This whole 50% thing is so hilarious and mimics last gens Cell fiasco that Sony went through.

Just Wait.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

Hi there, I found this blog due to a couple interns working at my office branch who were arguing some of the points here.

As intriguing as a lot of these posts are, I find it interesting how much credence the 'flops' are being given to any given console.As a current employee of a certain multiplatform game developer that shall not be named, my department has basically been in charge of overseeing parity between console versions.

Just fyi, the numbers you have been comparing are a quite a bit off from the actual systems total output, at least with the latest devkit builds on both sides. As you know, the computation of floating point operations depends on the speed the processors can cycle through the code.

FYI the PS4 is currently clocking speeds up to around a 3.68 Tflop equivalent system. X1 one the other hand is running about 3.8 in the most recent kits.

Both will easily reach higher output as systems are optimized. For a while, the output was pretty much identical. X1 pulled ahead with the clock increases and the latest updates.

The hardware argument used around most of the net is completely moot, as it only considers the raw gpu specs, and not the APU as a whole, and both systems are running custom APU with key differences.

Take all this with a grain of salt, as who knows what update either system releases next will make 'X system' this much faster etc.

Like I said, both have room to grow. Also, software development on the PS4 is taking longer, which should be obvious from the recent delays. This was expected, though I'm sure PS4 will launch on schedule. X1 is doing great schedule wise.

Cheerio :)

This is interesting if true.

I think the only way we'll find out is on multiplatform game comparisons. Can't wait.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 kuu2

@Mystery_Writer said:

Hi there, I found this blog due to a couple interns working at my office branch who were arguing some of the points here.

As intriguing as a lot of these posts are, I find it interesting how much credence the 'flops' are being given to any given console.As a current employee of a certain multiplatform game developer that shall not be named, my department has basically been in charge of overseeing parity between console versions.

Just fyi, the numbers you have been comparing are a quite a bit off from the actual systems total output, at least with the latest devkit builds on both sides. As you know, the computation of floating point operations depends on the speed the processors can cycle through the code.

FYI the PS4 is currently clocking speeds up to around a 3.68 Tflop equivalent system. X1 one the other hand is running about 3.8 in the most recent kits.

Both will easily reach higher output as systems are optimized. For a while, the output was pretty much identical. X1 pulled ahead with the clock increases and the latest updates.

The hardware argument used around most of the net is completely moot, as it only considers the raw gpu specs, and not the APU as a whole, and both systems are running custom APU with key differences.

Take all this with a grain of salt, as who knows what update either system releases next will make 'X system' this much faster etc.

Like I said, both have room to grow. Also, software development on the PS4 is taking longer, which should be obvious from the recent delays. This was expected, though I'm sure PS4 will launch on schedule. X1 is doing great schedule wise.

Cheerio :)

This is interesting if true.

I think the only way we'll find out is on multiplatform game comparisons. Can't wait.

Multiplats will look identical. Also it is telling how little Sony knows about developer support based on the delays and software problems they are having. I knew that would carry over from their history. Sony has never been good at getting great developer tools in the hands of its devs. MSoft on the other hand are the best in the industry at this and last gen it showed and this gen it will show as well.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Why not post actual gameplay shots instead of pre-rendered crap, lems?

http://i5.minus.com/jGCenUDXXDQJM.jpg - top is Forza 4, bottom is 5.

http://i.minus.com/ix1OBXd0FDI9Q.gif - no comment needed.

Btw, anyone taking anything from misterxmedia's blog seriously like @Mystery_Writer has needs to be quiet forever.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

@FoxbatAlpha:

There's very little need for PS4 to use PRT since it doesn't have two speed memory pools i.e. PS4 has one high speed memory pool.

And here comes Ron with his usual downplay of features on PS4.

So PRT on xbox one = The greatest.

PRT on PS4 = the PS4 doesn't need it..

Double standard FTW..

BF4 720p on xbox with probably low to mid setting,BF4 900p on PS4 probably high settings.

The difference is there play blind if you like,it will not change anything the secret sauce time is over.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kuu2

@SaltyMeatballs said:

@greensand24 said:

@tormentos:

Only 720p version confirmed is Xbox One. PS4 is still unknown but it will probably be under 1080p.

Either you can't read or you are being willfully moronic. The article and the tweet were confirmed with Lars the head developer that the PS4 version is upscalled from 720p and locked at 60fps. The article also said that the X1 version has not been validated on its resolution.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 tormentos

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Sony has stated just movies and pictures will support 4K. They have said no 4K games. Do you have a link if you don't mind me asking?

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@SaltyMeatballs said:

@greensand24 said:

@tormentos:

Either you can't read or you are being willfully moronic. The article and the tweet were confirmed with Lars the head developer that the PS4 version is upscalled from 720p and locked at 60fps. The article also said that the X1 version has not been validated on its resolution.

Or MAYBE I am not a fucking moron who takes 2 month old articles about a fan tweet as fact. I am just in the know and have seen this 2 months ago in which it was then clarified that Lars did not say what resolution it ran at, he just said under 1080p and upscaled; JackFrags took this as 720p upscaled. It was then clarified that was not the case and the final resolution wasn't set yet.

Weeks later it was confirmed the Xbone version will be 720p.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By tormentos

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Oh Jesus Christ. What the hell are you doing here? Ah fu7k.

Anyway, This tech stuff is way over your head. I would go watch Dancing with Stars Season 2 Directors Cut and call it a night.

Dude next time get a playable angle and not a an unplayable movie..lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 tormentos

@greensand24 said:

@tormentos:

That news was shutdown as fast as it appear,it was running at higher than 720p and the final resolution would be say when the game was optimized.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 kuu2

@SaltyMeatballs said:

@kuu2 said:

Or MAYBE I am not a fucking moron who takes 2 month old articles about a fan tweet as fact. I am just in the know and have seen this 2 months ago in which it was then clarified that Lars did not say what resolution it ran at, he just said under 1080p and upscaled; JackFrags took this as 720p upscaled. It was then clarified that was not the case and the final resolution wasn't set yet.

Weeks later it was confirmed the Xbone version will be 720p.

Show a link then. Prove what you are saying otherwise you are just a "xxxxxxx moron" spouting off on a fan site hoping people take what you say as fact.

sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

greensand24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 greensand24
Member since 2011 • 457 Posts

@SaltyMeatballs:

Show me a link please and if you do don't go full cow on me. Show me a link that doesn't twist words or merging different articles and words to suit your cause.

I just gave you a link that says the ps4 is 720p. Yet you say otherwise and don't even provide a link.

The funny thing is in my link they say ps4 is 720p but that XOne is unknown.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 kuu2

@tormentos said:

@greensand24 said:

@tormentos:

That news was shutdown as fast as it appear,it was running at higher than 720p and the final resolution would be say when the game was optimized.

This is even better. Key words here, "dev environment" aka high end PC not final production models. I wonder if DelayClub ran better on those "dev environments" as well???

We will see when the final production units are running it. Also where is the confirmation about X1 at 720p from him?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 FoxbatAlpha

@tormentos: lol, Dev environment? Yeah ok because we all know Knack is the only game running on a retail PS4, and not running good either.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 FoxbatAlpha

@PinkiePirate: you should really read instead of just trolling. There is a lot more at work here than just a GPU comparison. The way the X1 is using its tech is revolutionary. It is beyond a off the shelf chip like the PS4 uses. The PS4 doesn't have the hardware or the software to do tiled resources. Maybe next gen.

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@ButDuuude said:

The PS4 supports 4K too. 4k movies will be supported at launch, later games too.

The only game I see running at 4K on the PS4 is Pong.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By kuu2

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@PinkiePirate: you should really read instead of just trolling. There is a lot more at work here than just a GPU comparison. The way the X1 is using its tech is revolutionary. It is beyond a off the shelf chip like the PS4 uses. The PS4 doesn't have the hardware or the software to do tiled resources. Maybe next gen.

You are wasting your time.

Sony Fan only understands hardware numbers that Sony feeds them. They don't have any idea what APIs are or the super important connection of software and hardware.

1.8tflops is all they need to know.

Then Sony Fan goes into berserk mode when games get delayed because of poor development tools handed down by a hardware company to software developers. I am still waiting for KZ to get hit with the delay stick.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 FoxbatAlpha

@kuu2 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

You are wasting your time.

Sony Fan only understands hardware numbers that Sony feeds them. They don't have any idea what APIs are or the super important connection of software and hardware.

1.8tflops is all they need to know.

Then Sony Fan goes into berserk mode when games get delayed because of poor development tools handed down by a hardware company to software developers. I am still waiting for KZ to get hit with the delay stick.

Yes! I think there is some more bombs to be dropped. Bad news for Sony and good news for MS! If Killzone: BallsFall gets delayed I have already seen some diehards say that the PS4 is a no go.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

X1 is powerful enough to handle games in 720p. end of story lolz

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#95 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

I can't lie, this is actually pretty interesting to me. I'm trying to understand it a bit more because it's sort of confusing. So tiled resources allow for less GPU power to obtain better textures for graphics? Something about the esram working in tandem with TIled resources so higher quality textures can produced with lower memory usage? Am I missing somthing, help me understand this better. I also want to know why this can't be done with the PS4. Very intrigued

I also thought this was interesting as well

Szminsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Szminsky
Member since 2005 • 1471 Posts

Won't 4k games require like a billion terabytes of hard disc space?... Unless streamed from tha powah of ze clawd... which a lot of people (lemmings mostly) seem to be hyping over hardware specs.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Thunder7151 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

so powerful with that HD7770 hahah

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#98  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EswYdzsHKMc

Sony should be worried. Maybe it's the reason they are so quiet and not talking about PS4 power anymore. Microsoft isn't saying anything. The games in the future will speak for themselves.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 FoxbatAlpha

@silversix_ said:

@Thunder7151 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

so powerful with that HD7770 hahah

Its a R9 280 hybrid. Or are you implying that it is running on PC in this pic? That is Sony's tactic.

Specs or not, these graphics are speaking for themselves.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 FoxbatAlpha

@remiks00 said:

I can't lie, this is actually pretty interesting to me. I'm trying to understand it a bit more because it's sort of confusing. So tiled resources allow for less GPU power to obtain better textures for graphics? Something about the esram working in tandem with TIled resources so higher quality textures can produced with lower memory usage? Am I missing somthing, help me understand this better. I also want to know why this can't be done with the PS4. Very intrigued

I also thought this was interesting as well

Its all new to everyone! The other link says the PS4 cant add this through software because the hardware wasn't designed for it. Its over my head too in areas but that I do know. I'll check out your link...........