The "playing consoles is more comfortable than pc" is a flawed argumen

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#1 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

And that is a fact.

first of all: PC chairs arent bad to sit on, they arent uncomfortable for your ass unless its a chair from the 80s or something like that, and barely anyone ever sits laying back on a couch/chair. most people sit and bend forward so that their backs are not laying against the back of the chair/couch. while in this bent position, you rest your arms/elbows in the desktop, which is good because that way your spine doesnt need to support the whole weight of your body like it does in a couch. you are distributing weight more evenly.

as for laying in the bed...dont even get me started, playing on a bed is extremely uncomfortable and in less than 10 minutes you'll be changing position because you'll actually start feeling discomfort, it takes much more effort to lift your neck and bend your torso a bit (which is the position you are on while playing on a bed) than just sitting in a COMFORTABLE chair with most of your body weight resting in other place.

the argument is flawed consolites, stop using it.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
maybe if ur bed is covered in nails and ur pillows have rocks in them... queen size / soft and cloud pillow master race here...
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

And that is a fact.

first of all: PC chairs arent bad to sit on, they arent uncomfortable for your ass unless its a chair from the 80s or something like that, an

lightleggy

Hey, i have a PC chair from the 80s, it was just made well and is very comfy.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts

But the main reason its flawed is that you CAN play while sitting on your couch via the tv and you CAN play in bed if your that lazy you cant be bothered getting up :)

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I agree. I can't play while laying down. But I still prefer consoles.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I have a case of RSI in my wrist. It's to do with my posture, but I struggle to maintain it. Obviously it's my fault, but it's a fact that I personally find it uncomfortable.

lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lightleggy
[QUOTE="campzor"]maybe if ur bed is covered in nails and ur pillows have rocks in them... queen size / soft and cloud pillow master race here...

lol no, any bed, its simply a fact your body is not in a resting position.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lightleggy

I have a case of RSI in my wrist. It's to do with my posture, but I struggle to maintain it. Obviously it's my fault, but it's a fact that I personally find it uncomfortable.

trugs26
you can use an ergonomic mousepad. it helped me with my terrible wrist pain.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19585 Posts
I can very happily play PC games on my couch, thanks to my laptop. Alternately, I could sit at my comfy desk chair and play on my widescreen monitor, and since I'm closer to the screen, it looks roughly the same size.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lightleggy

But the main reason its flawed is that you CAN play while sitting on your couch via the tv and you CAN play in bed if your that lazy you cant be bothered getting up :)

jonleeprice
yeah but lets be honest it IS very incovenient to move your PC to where your tv is (and Tvs dont look as good as monitors). the main flaw is that playing in couch or laying in bed is actually more uncomfortable than playing on a chair and a desktop.
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts
personally consoles just feel more laid back, idk it's different for most people....also the pony in your avy looks...different....like it needs help different
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Okay?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26649 Posts
Yeah, a lot of couches don't have ergonomic back support and beds certainly don't help unless you have the TV in a specific position.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
sorry tc, you're wrong here. many options is always better than one option
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

And that is a fact.

first of all: PC chairs arent bad to sit on, they arent uncomfortable for your ass unless its a chair from the 80s or something like that, and barely anyone ever sits laying back on a couch/chair. most people sit and bend forward so that their backs are not laying against the back of the chair/couch. while in this bent position, you rest your arms/elbows in the desktop, which is good because that way your spine doesnt need to support the whole weight of your body like it does in a couch. you are distributing weight more evenly.

lightleggy

What?

The whole point of a couch's design is to be able to comfortably lay back and have your weight evenly and comfortably distributed. I never sit on my couch without my feet up nor sitting forward, not only because it's not as comfortable but simply because it's not designed for it. Office chairs, however, ARE designed with the intention of utility, which necessitates certain postures. Couches aren't. And your spine doesn't need to support anything when you're on the couch, but when it's unsupported as it is in a PC chair it can get tiresome a lot more quickly.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Everyone knows by now, they've been told often enough. Especially those that keep trying to use it. :roll:

There are people who play consoles at a desk, and I often play on PC from a swivel recliner. Everyone has a preference.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Whether or not it is more comfortable is dependant on a number of factors, but console gaming is always better than PC gaming no matter what.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DragonfireXZ95

Whether or not it is more comfortable is dependant on a number of factors, but console gaming is always better than PC gaming no matter what.

Pug-Nasty
Poor man's PC ftw?
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

lightleggy

Yeah I should be using one of those. Part of the problem is that I use a laptop though, so often I'm playing in places where I don't use a mousepad, but instead, playing on the couch seat. I should try to make it more accessible though, for my wrist's sake. To be on topic, this is part of the problem, with the inconvenience of having a mouse pad in the right place (or taking it with me when I'm on the go), so playing a PC using keyboard mouse controls is not as comfortable as control pad.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="lightleggy"][QUOTE="trugs26"]

trugs26

Yeah I should be using one of those. Part of the problem is that I use a laptop though, so often I'm playing in places where I don't use a mousepad, but instead, playing on the couch seat. I should try to make it more accessible though, for my wrist's sake. To be on topic, this is part of the problem, with the inconvenience of having a mouse pad in the right place (or taking it with me when I'm on the go), so playing a PC using keyboard mouse controls is not as comfortable as control pad.

The K/M is more comfortable for me honestly.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

[QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

DragonfireXZ95

Poor man's PC ftw?

Working man's PC for the win. Don't have to dedicate your life to making a simple hobby functional. Play if want, don't if you don't want. Not troubleshoot when you want to play, and don't play when you don't feel like troubleshooting.

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jonleeprice
[QUOTE="jonleeprice"]

lightleggy
yeah but lets be honest it IS very incovenient to move your PC to where your tv is (and Tvs dont look as good as monitors). the main flaw is that playing in couch or laying in bed is actually more uncomfortable than playing on a chair and a desktop.

Move your pc?? just get a long hdmi cable, im not saying its good but is perfectly doable if you want to do so just like with a console.
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
This is a completely subjective topic...
jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jonleeprice

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

Pug-Nasty

Poor man's PC ftw?

Working man's PC for the win. Don't have to dedicate your life to making a simple hobby functional. Play if want, don't if you don't want. Not troubleshoot when you want to play, and don't play when you don't feel like troubleshooting.

Trouble shoot? i have around 140 games and not once have i had to "trouble shoot", i dont even have to put in a disk, i just double click on the icon an the game starts, where as my 360 used to freeze quite often, and the ps3 i once had picked and chose what games it wanted to play
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"][QUOTE="Pug-Nasty"]

Pug-Nasty

Poor man's PC ftw?

Hahaha dedicate your life. You console gamers whine so much about time. It's like you don't have very long to live or something. especially when you donate quite a bit of your time to this forum.

I guess I don't have a problem since I rarely ever need to trouble shoot? And my 360 doesn't even work anymore, disc drive error. Funny, huh?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

i agree i wud hate to play in a couch or a bed so uncomfortable chair for me plz

also i wud only play mp console shooters or anything on pc monitor with a headset

playing on a coach or w/e is askign to lose.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
First and foremost, just because you say something is fact doesn't make it so. Just because I said it's a fact that I slept with your mom doesn't mean that I did, although I did do that. Second, what's more comfortable, sitting on a couch or hard chair? That's what I thought. Not everyone has a nice highback cushion leather desk chair with arms to relax in while using their PC. It's much more common to have a comfortable couch. Third, it can become increasingly annoying to continually have to rest your arms on a hard desk while gaming, which isn't a problem if you play from the couch or bed. Fourth, when you play from the couch or bed you have a myriad of positions to choose from, unlike the chair at your desk where there's primarily just the one. PC gaming is RARELY as comfortable as console gaming. Does this make console gaming better for some? Maybe. But then again it doesn't make a difference for others. Get over yourself bro. Some people prefer consoles over PC.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

And that is a fact.

lightleggy

I am posting a comment while sitting back on my chair.

Figure out THAT logic.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11803 Posts

I'm guessing console users have this kind of chair

When we use

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

You're right, its WAY more relaxing to play 6 inches away from a screen on a stiff chair with a strict input method then laid back on a couch with a controller.

Totally not flawed logic dudebro. I mean, its not like there's a REASON people say these things right?

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts
Well, I feel very uncomfortable playing certain genres like first person shooters and RPGs with a controller from couch. I'd never trade my comfy office chair and the control and precision of m&kb for it. But certain genres like racing games, 3rd person action/adventure games, platformers etc are more comfortable played from couch with a controller. And the great thing is I can do both on my PC.
MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

You're right, its WAY more relaxing to play 6 inches away from a screen on a stiff chair with a strict input method then laid back on a couch with a controller.

Totally not flawed logic dudebro. I mean, its not like there's a REASON people say these things right?

SPYDER0416

This.

But I play on a laptop so I have the best of both worlds, comfy couch and awesome PC-ness,

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

lol stupid brony one cannot tell others they're argument is flawed and the idea they're argument is flawed is a fact...
If the common course among hermits is that Console users are unresearched morons, then the sheer fact that the majority of pc gamers are now casual gamers *facebook gaming, free mmos..ect representing a good 70% of the money intake of the pc market* then that same amount of pc gamers are unresearched and dont know or care to hook their pc's up to hdtvs, run wireless equipment so they can play in comfort...instead they sit in office chairs or actual regular chairs 2 feet from a 20 inch monitor *or less* and play they're games that way.

DarthBilf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarthBilf
Member since 2004 • 1357 Posts
I almost always lie back while playing games...in fact most people do.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Does it really matter? I have a futon in my den. If I don't feel like sitting on a chair, I can lounge on the futon. The futon folds out into a bed if I want to lie down. I can always place the keyboard and mouse on a tv tray. My monitor is actually a 24" 1080p TV.

Heck, if my wife would allow me to place a beer fridge in the den, I woudn't leave the room...cept to shake the weasel. :lol:

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Also, from my own experience, using a driving wheel with pedals (for racing games) and flight sticks with rudder pedals are much more comfortable from a desk and chair.

I can use either while sitting on the couch with the driving wheel or flight stick on a tv tray. But, I'd have to lean forward with no back support. At least with a chair, there's back support which makes it far more comfortable.

gameking5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 gameking5000
Member since 2007 • 1360 Posts

I don't know. I'd much prefer to be sitting on my very comfortable leather coach playing infront of my 50 odd inch tv than infront of a computer.

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

I actually feel much more comfortable playing on my PC than playing my console. I don't need to change position in front of my PC, while on my couch, after a while, I will typically start moving around, wiggling...

I suppose it all depends on your personal furniture. My living room's furniture was bought and set up around the idea of watching films. Whereas I bought my PC furniture keeping in mind that it had to be super comfy for gaming.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9875 Posts
I have a feeling TC is a consolite trying to bash PC gaming chairs from the eighties.
Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Stream_Beta
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

The best position would be to lay flat on your back (either on a bed, floor...your choice) and then

have your TV on the ceiling. I am assuming it would be just as good as it is with reading a book.

It is the only position I can read a book in, which was a reason I could never get into reading

when I was younger. Every position from a couch to a chair was super uncomfortable and I'd

stop reading or fall asleep.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#43 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

MLBknights58

This.

But I play on a laptop so I have the best of both worlds, comfy couch and awesome PC-ness,

I have a laptop and a gaming desktop, but I rarely use my desktop anymore unless I'm gaming or I'm lending my laptop to someone since I prefer to do my internet surfing while relaxing in bed or on a couch instead of hunched over a desk.

Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Stream_Beta

[QUOTE="MLBknights58"]

[QUOTE="SPYDER0416"]

SPYDER0416

This.

I have a laptop and a gaming desktop, but I rarely use my desktop anymore unless I'm gaming or I'm lending my laptop to someone since I prefer to do my internet surfing while relaxing in bed or on a couch instead of hunched over a desk.

Playing video games on a laptop is 10 times less comfortable than desktop gaming.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sushiglutton

The best position would be to lay flat on your back (either on a bed, floor...your choice) and then

have your TV on the ceiling. I am assuming it would be just as good as it is with reading a book.

It is the only position I can read a book in, which was a reason I could never get into reading

when I was younger. Every position from a couch to a chair was super uncomfortable and I'd

Stream_Beta

I can't read like that. My hands won't get enough blood. Perhaps I have a weak heart.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52448 Posts

So,you're saying..

"those positions are uncomfortable rwah rwah flawed rwah"

Yeah,no.They are comfortable.

Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Stream_Beta

[QUOTE="Stream_Beta"]

Sushiglutton

I can't read like that. My hands won't get enough blood. Perhaps I have a weak heart.

lol, no, holding the book is very uncomfortable. I am taking about using an e-reader and let it hang down in front of you.

You then have a button in your hand that changes the pages. So all you are doing is just lying flat on your back and pressing

a button every minute or so. I guess you could do it with a real book, but I'm betting it is a little harder to set up.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

wtf oO Your argument is so weak that it only consists of your personal taste? But well, I agree with you on the comfortable part. It's a joke to see the comfort argument if I can play Just Cause 2 on my Tv with my x360 controller xD

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Sushiglutton

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]

[QUOTE="Stream_Beta"]

Stream_Beta

lol, no, holding the book is very uncomfortable. I am taking about using an e-reader and let it hang down in front of you.

You then have a button in your hand that changes the pages. So all you are doing is just lying flat on your back and pressing

a button every minute or so. I guess you could do it with a real book, but I'm betting it is a little harder to set up.

I need to get into the E-book thing for sure. That sound's pretty great haha!

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

What about if I want to cuddle with my girlfriend on the couch? Can't do that on a desk