AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

Make no mistake, there is no room for a reasonable, legitimate doubt. The Playstation 4 is the dominant system of the 8th generation of gaming. We're sitting here in the face of a global, worldwide scale asskicking that appears to be in crescendo, one where the Playstation 4 outpaces the competition even without its inhouse studios and third parties delivering their most renowed intellectual properties and ambitious projects exclusively for the system, we stand on a market battleground where the average consumer simply doesn't care that it has yet, the sole Playstation name and its studios, it's line up of games and system features turned out the winning formula for the whole generation and there is no forseable scenario where the competition, particularly the xbox ones, makes a comeback as the PS3 did the last generation. Dropping the price in desperation and imitating the Playstation line of PSPlus services is the most flattering recognition of dominance and position as market trend setter Playstation there could be, the average consumer does not care about DriveClub or The Order 1886's metascores, their collective mind already chose the PS4 over the rest, long, long ago.

Over the smouldering ruins of a once empowered xbox brand, the Playstation regained it's position as the top system of choice for both the core audience and the casual and in such terms, the history video gaming on home consoles is entering it's final days before the dawn of a new era where digital distribution and streaming to third party devices becomes the norm.

When future generations review video game history they'll see how the Playstation stood tall, head and shoulders above the Xbox, and its glory shall forever echo in the hearts of gamers until the end of days.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Kinda lame.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I dunno what all that said....I only read a bit....but know this:

This thread will get a lot of backlash. The same ones that go in threads praising the PC or X1 or WiiU will be the same ones going "Uhhhhh....what a stupid thread, durrr."

Don't mind them....enjoy your PS4.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentA-Mi6

@Motokid6 said:

How is it you have over 16,000 posts?

I'm a system warrior from a bygone era, i served under the rule of the great system wars king and gamespotter of the year, SolidTy.

But thats beside the point, 5.0 for a couple of PS4 games wont stop the juggernaut it is.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

PS4 is the best CONSOLE, PC is the systems king, remember that peasants.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

I'm a system warrior from a bygone era,

Man, isn't that the truth, you and me both A-Mi

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#8  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Agent, don't damage control the order review, you're above that silliness. We play games, not sales here.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

But back on topic, I think the PS4 is in pretty good shape for the rest of the generation, which isn't the same that I can say for the other consoles

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Agent, don't damage control the order review, you're above that silliness. We play games, not sales here.

That's sadly what most Cows seems to be doing.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

How do PS4 sales make Driveclub and The Order any less of a flop? Or how does that improve Knacks score? The system has been packed to the gills with mediocrity since launch. And almost all of them are Sony first party games.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Shout-out to the glory of AgentA-Mi6! :P

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AgentA-Mi6

@bunchanumbers said:

How do PS4 sales make Driveclub and The Order any less of a flop? Or how does that improve Knacks score? The system has been packed to the gills with mediocrity since launch. And almost all of them are Sony first party games.

Dont ignore the reality right in front of you, do you think i give a damn about the order, knack and Driveclub? Those games are not the bulk of Sony's warhorses, they're not even qualified to be lumped together with the true ones. I didnt buy my PS4 until InFamous the second son came out, that one game right there, was my must have. I was sold on that one day one, it was a brilliant game. Uncharted 4, Bloodborn (which i already paid for) are the games to really look forward too right now, you all seem to forget, the PS3 didnt truly take off until late 2008, seriously. It took a while but when it did, it was unstopabble, from MGS4 to TLOU it was a roller coaster ride of brilliant exclusives that turned the tides in its favor. Knack, Driveclub and the order are nothing compared to Genji Days of Blade, Untold Legends, Gundam Crossfire and later on LAIR, Lair was a flop of majestic proportions, a painful one and yet all of that didnt stop the PS3 from making the biggest comeback gaming has ever seen, a comeback the Playstation 4 was born riding on, its a proven brand. When you buy Playstation you know you're in for a great treat, the long wait last gen delivered games people didnt even imagine that would exist by the end of the 6th generation.

Which system are developers going to support the most? The trend setter, or the piss poor underperforming hardware with desperate price drops and still lagging behind in sales, the vast majority of consumers already made their minds, they chose Playstation over Xbox. It was over before it had even started, im glad Microsoft didnt pull off the majority of the BS DRM they intended to, but that was only thanks to Sony who exposed their Bullshit two E3s ago. There is no competition.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

sony is dooomed

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

It's true that the Xbone is no Xbox 360 or PS2. That slot has gone to another contender this generation.

@verbtex said:

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

I'm a system warrior from a bygone era, i served under the rule of the great system wars king and gamespotter of the year, SolidTy.

O, youz gais!

Is there room por uno mas?

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AgentA-Mi6

The Xbox one is gonna sit through this entire generation, flat on its ass, looking up to the Playstation 4 in terms of high quality exclusives and sales, which tend to lead to high quality titles from the third parties.

Its cute to watch Microsoft, trying to compete with PS plus with their own Games with Gold, once the trend setter with Xbox live, now a mere follower the Playstation struck them back hard and they simply didn't get back on their feet.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

@bunchanumbers said:

Dont ignore the reality right in front of you, do you think i give a damn about the order, knack and Driveclub? Those games are not the bulk of Sony's warhorses, they're not even qualified to be lumped together with the true ones. I didnt buy my PS4 until InFamous the second son came out, that one game right there, was my must have. I was sold on that one day one, it was a brilliant game. Uncharted 4, Bloodborn (which i already paid for) are the games to really look forward too right now, you all seem to forget, the PS4 didnt truly take off until late 2008, seriously. It took a while but when it did, it was unstopabble, from MGS4 to TLOU it was a roller coaster ride of brilliant exclusives that turned the tides in its favor. Knack, Driveclub and the order are nothing compared to Genji Days of Blade, Untold Legends, Gundam Crossfire and later on LAIR, Lair was a flop of majestic proportions, a painful one and yet all of that didnt stop the PS3 from making the biggest comeback gaming has ever seen, a comeback the Playstation 4 was born riding on, its a proven brand. When you buy Playstation you know you're in for a great treat, the long wait last gen delivered games people didnt even imagine that would exist by the end of the 6th generation.

Which system are developers going to support the most? The trend setter, or the piss poor underperforming hardware with desperate price drops and still lagging behind in sales, the vast majority of consumers already made their minds, they chose Playstation over Xbox. It was over before it had even started, im glad Microsoft didnt pull off the majority of the BS DRM they intended to, but that was only thanks to Sony who exposed their Bullshit two E3s ago. There is no competition.

PS3 didn't really make a comeback, it was more like a slow and painful climb to industry relevance after Sony's fall from grace. Sony had the Japanese console gaming market on lock which floated the PS1 and PS2 for them and now they're nothing but a pittance of what they used to truly represent. I used to think I would never need any other gaming systems but a Playstation hooked up to my TV but as it stands right now the PS4 is the least interesting platform to own.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AgentA-Mi6

@SolidTy said:

It's true that the Xbone is no Xbox 360 or PS2. That slot has gone to another contender this generation.

@verbtex said:

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

O, youz gais!

Is there room por uno mas?

It's so great to see some old faces, wasn't really expecting to when i posted this thread.

@verbtex@SolidTy

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

Blog it

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KBFloYd

@tdkmillsy said:

Blog it

this...

and also...

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

The Xbox one is gonna sit through this entire generation, flat on its ass, looking up to the Playstation 4 in terms of high quality exclusives and sales, which tend to lead to high quality titles from the third parties.

Its cute to watch Microsoft, trying to compete with PS plus with their own Games with Gold, once the trend setter with Xbox live, now a mere follower the Playstation struck them back hard and they simply didn't get back on their feet.

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

I suppose it's better than most of the flamebait that's posted here these days.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By AgentA-Mi6

@tdkmillsy said:

Blog it

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Definitely coming to Xbox360.

Sounds like a better blog material.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

So was the ps2, doesn't mean it was the best.

Anyway Sony needs to cut the fat in the company for Ps4's success to even mean anything.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#26 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: No different from what we saw from the Wii fans back in the day though. Circle of fanboy life.

_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

<b> playstation is where the treal gamers are at. for gamers by gamers. ps4 is where the kings play. 2015 is the year of the playstation. bow down!! Sony Wins Another Generation SWAG!!!</b>

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AgentA-Mi6

@commonfate said:

PS3 didn't really make a comeback, it was more like a slow and painful climb to industry relevance after Sony's fall from grace. Sony had the Japanese console gaming market on lock which floated the PS1 and PS2 for them and now they're nothing but a pittance of what they used to truly represent. I used to think I would never need any other gaming systems but a Playstation hooked up to my TV but as it stands right now the PS4 is the least interesting platform to own.

The PS3 NOT ONLY made a comeback,it became a profitable platform and paved the road for the Playstation momentum the PS4 has been built upon and boy after a whole gen of "LAST PLACE, THIRD PLACE, IRRELEVANT, GONE FROM FIRST TO LAST, XBOX IS THE NEW PLACE TO GAME ON" watching the tables turned so dramatically is beautiful, I dont want the XboxOne to die a peaceful dignifying death as a last place console, i want it spit on, kicked while its down and thrown tomatoes at as the last place DRM trojan horse it was conceived as and kicked out through the back door of the industry, consumers all over the world, specially in Japan will make that metaphor translated into objective quantifiable numbers that indeed represent that.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AgentA-Mi6

@_SWAG_ said:

<b> playstation is where the treal gamers are at. for gamers by gamers. ps4 is where the kings play. 2015 is the year of the playstation. bow down!! Sony Wins Another Generation SWAG!!!</b>

I remember you too, you always reminded me of this user, reversecycology, he left a long time ago. Sony bagged another generation indeed .

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KBFloYd

another gen won and another building sold...

a good trade off imo...

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#32  Edited By gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

Gotta give props to Sony. MS was right at the gates and then poof! Off chasing the Wii pot of gold.

p.s.- Good to have some hardcore cows on here again. ;)

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#33 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Hey if the console selling well makes games like the Order somehow good to you then fuckin A. Have fun.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 cainetao11

@scottpsfan14 said:
@bunchanumbers said:

Do you play scores? The Order probably is shit, but DriveClub is a different game to what it was at launch. Embarrassingly unfinished in October, but a solid racer today.

So because MCC worked fine for me this weekend do I get to claim the same thing? We all know it will forever be a massive flop at 6/10 no matter if it works now or not. DC gets the same then.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Hey if the console selling well makes games like the Order somehow good to you then fuckin A. Have fun.

The PS was never known for first party games but the potent amount of third party games and exclusives.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By cainetao11

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

@commonfate said:

The PS3 NOT ONLY made a comeback,it became a profitable platform and paved the road for the Playstation momentum the PS4 has been built upon and boy after a whole gen of "LAST PLACE, THIRD PLACE, IRRELEVANT, GONE FROM FIRST TO LAST, XBOX IS THE NEW PLACE TO GAME ON" watching the tables turned so dramatically is beautiful, I dont want the XboxOne to die a peaceful dignifying death as a last place console, i want it spit on, kicked while its down and thrown tomatoes at as the last place DRM trojan horse it was conceived as and kicked out through the back door of the industry, consumers all over the world, specially in Japan will make that metaphor translated into objective quantifiable numbers that indeed represent that.

Of course you do..........................you love that Japanese jizz. Are you Japanese? The Xbox brand had one majorly successful gen in which it was never the World wide leader, just the US and UK among a few others. SONY owned this industry, and fell so hard. That is what makes their fall so funny. They were so full of themselves and it was just desserts to see them brought down to earth again. Why do you think they didn't go with another Cell processor? Because they had to accept 3rd party devs don't want to work on their non sense bitch tech. The timing of this thread is so perfect with the smack down Sony is getting with the Order. Anybody with an inkling of intelligence knows your hiney is red about that flop so you had to make a "look!!!! My console is the top seller and coolest, still!" thread.

Play games, enjoy your console but spare me the corporate love affair

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cainetao11

@scottpsfan14 said:
@cainetao11 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@bunchanumbers said:

Do you play scores? The Order probably is shit, but DriveClub is a different game to what it was at launch. Embarrassingly unfinished in October, but a solid racer today.

So because MCC worked fine for me this weekend do I get to claim the same thing? We all know it will forever be a massive flop at 6/10 no matter if it works now or not. DC gets the same then.

Never once mentioned MCC. I'd buy it the day I get an X1. But I'm not just talking about multiplayer. The whole game has drastically come into it's own now. MCC was bashed because of the MP alone which was integral to Halo. The campaigns were always working where as DriveClub was straight up missing features every racer has had for years.. to be patched in later.

No.....I mentioned MCC. Never said you did. If you cant get why I referenced it then you may be a redneck

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

@commonfate said:

Where are the games Agent? Bloodborne alone won't tide the system over for a generation.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@gamecubepad said:

Gotta give props to Sony. MS was right at the gates and then poof! Off chasing the Wii pot of gold.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cainetao11

@Chozofication said:

@gamecubepad said:

A, huge mistake? There was more than one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#42  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This is kinda sad.

That said, welcome back, dude. Missed your posts, hope you stick around for a while. This board deserves a better class of Sony fan.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

I remember those years.

It was shit. Worse than now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 cainetao11

@scottpsfan14 said:
@cainetao11 said:

No.....I mentioned MCC. Never said you did. If you cant get why I referenced it then you may be a redneck

What? I was saying that I never did bash MCC. And so what if i'm a redneck. It's my life bro.

I have brought shame upon myself and family. As is tradition for my family under these cicumstances, I will not fap for a month. Please accept my apology

jet052006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jet052006
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

Dont ignore the reality right in front of you, do you think i give a damn about the order, knack and Driveclub? Those games are not the bulk of Sony's warhorses, they're not even qualified to be lumped together with the true ones. I didnt buy my PS4 until InFamous the second son came out, that one game right there, was my must have. I was sold on that one day one, it was a brilliant game. Uncharted 4, Bloodborn (which i already paid for) are the games to really look forward too right now, you all seem to forget, the PS3 didnt truly take off until late 2008, seriously. It took a while but when it did, it was unstopabble, from MGS4 to TLOU it was a roller coaster ride of brilliant exclusives that turned the tides in its favor. Knack, Driveclub and the order are nothing compared to Genji Days of Blade, Untold Legends, Gundam Crossfire and later on LAIR, Lair was a flop of majestic proportions, a painful one and yet all of that didnt stop the PS3 from making the biggest comeback gaming has ever seen, a comeback the Playstation 4 was born riding on, its a proven brand. When you buy Playstation you know you're in for a great treat, the long wait last gen delivered games people didnt even imagine that would exist by the end of the 6th generation.

1 released game and 2 unreleased games, which by the time they release the PS4 will be over 2 years old equals a dominant system? Both the other consoles already have the 3AAE + retail games to match these released/unreleased PS4 games, its not really in a dominant position, if anything its playing catch up in terms of games at the moment.

3rd party developers aren't going to be supporting one system over the other it was apparent last gen when the PS3 wasn't doing too well but still received support, and should be apparent this gen that the days of 3rd party exclusives are coming to an end, unless MS or Sony are supporting the games budget in some way.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

Every word of the OP wreaks of pathetic insecurity.

@AgentA-Mi6 said:

Also holy shit. The amount of asshurt in one post. Did last gen warp you into the petty person we see before us or were you always this broken and shallow?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-57d8401f17c55

@cainetao11 said:

@Chozofication said:

@gamecubepad said:

A, huge mistake? There was more than one.

Sure was, from 2010 on.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#49 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

@Chozofication:

One aspect I think we're all quick to forget is the impact the Wii60 effect had on Sony.

A lot of casuals heading back to PS and XO seems to be selling around the pace of the 360, so it tells me the Wii casuals are back on the PS again.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

amen