The PS3 has the most ambitious exclusives this year

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hitamaru-homia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 Hitamaru-homia
Member since 2006 • 2046 Posts
[QUOTE="sdu_1111"]

True.

The PS2 had DVD before the PC

The PS3 had bluray before the PC

The PS3 uses the cell before any PC does

PS3 and Wii had motion controls before PC does

All conoles allows instant play from games, PC requires installations

Consoles allow you to lie back lazily on your sofa and play games, PC does not

indeed the PS3 is ambitious !!!

[/QUOTE

all of those aren't true

CrazyyyDylan

The one about being lazy is,motion controls is,Blu ray and DVD is, One about pc having to install is true...

kostmpekir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 kostmpekir
Member since 2008 • 780 Posts

I'm not a fan of the PS3 but I have to admit it has the most ambitious exclusives coming out this year. I'm not saying that they'll deliver on this ambition or even that these games will be any good, but the stuff being talked about on these games sounds amazing.

Resistance 2 is a sequel to an okish game but it has an unrivalled featureset. The graphics look almost as good as killzone 2 and it has 2 campaigns + 60 player squad based multiplayer with character classes, perks, dynamic objectives and huge maps.

Little Big Planet will probably suck when it gets released due to a lack of content but it could potentially last you forever. The level/item creation mechanic, the sharing stuff and the amazing graphics are incredibly unique and could eventually make it one of the greatest games ever made.

vicmackey39

Banjo 3 is 10x more ambitious than LBP imo, because it has the creativity thing, plus a vast real 3D world to experiment with and co-op

Viva Pinata 2 will last you forever too, add the co-op it has too

Gears of War 2 tries some vast battles, even bigger enemies, best graphics this gen by miles, nothing compares with it even by miles, and leaves KZ2 and Resistance 2 is the dust imo

Ninja Gaiden 2 tries to extend what was already perfect, with limps cut, more crazy moves, more epic vast bosses etc

Too Human offers something 100% missing from consoles, a diablo 2 clone, but the battle is pure action too and has co-op on top

Fable 2 the most ambitious RPG ever created, has everything that was promised on Fable 1, then some, then some more and co-op on top, that is the most ambitious game on the planet imo right now (evolving cities, best NPC AI, huge free roaming world, stunning visuals etc)

So, i 100% disagree, PS3 has a standard platformer with a good level editor, called LBP, nothing new here, and Resistance 2 that of course has no chance to even compare to Gears 2

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
[QUOTE="CrazyyyDylan"][QUOTE="sdu_1111"]

True.

The PS2 had DVD before the PC

The PS3 had bluray before the PC

The PS3 uses the cell before any PC does

PS3 and Wii had motion controls before PC does

All conoles allows instant play from games, PC requires installations

Consoles allow you to lie back lazily on your sofa and play games, PC does not

indeed the PS3 is ambitious !!!

[/QUOTE

all of those aren't true

Hitamaru-homia

The one about being lazy is,motion controls is,Blu ray and DVD is, One about pc having to install is true...

not a single one of those are true....DVD and Blue Ray drives were around before the PS2 an PS3...and motion controlers were on the PC first.

and you can easily play any PC game on a TV.

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts

Sorry for the bump but i thought that it was particularly timely given the release of MGS4

The 360 vs PS3 lineup this year is a perfect example of Quantity vs Quality. There are more games that i am looking forward to on the 360 but I find the games coming out on the PS3 a lot more impressive

In terms of raw ambition Resistance 2 and Little Big Planet are far and above any 360 exclusive this year. MGS 4 was in the same boat and look how that turned out