The PS3 has the most ambitious exclusives this year

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vicmackey39
Member since 2008 • 2416 Posts

I'm not a fan of the PS3 but I have to admit it has the most ambitious exclusives coming out this year. I'm not saying that they'll deliver on this ambition or even that these games will be any good, but the stuff being talked about on these games sounds amazing.

Resistance 2 is a sequel to an okish game but it has an unrivalled featureset. The graphics look almost as good as killzone 2 and it has 2 campaigns + 60 player squad based multiplayer with character classes, perks, dynamic objectives and huge maps.

Little Big Planet will probably suck when it gets released due to a lack of content but it could potentially last you forever. The level/item creation mechanic, the sharing stuff and the amazing graphics are incredibly unique and could eventually make it one of the greatest games ever made.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
Don't forget MGS4 it'll redefine what Epic really means :P
Dreamable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Dreamable
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

I'm not a fan of the PS3 but I have to admit it has the most ambitious exclusives coming out this year. I'm not saying that they'll deliver on this ambition or even that these games will be any good, but the stuff being talked about on these games sounds amazing.

Resistance 2 is a sequel to an okish game but it has an unrivalled featureset. The graphics look almost as good as killzone 2 and it has 2 campaigns + 60 player squad based multiplayer with character classes, perks, dynamic objectives and huge maps.

Little Big Planetwill probably suck when it gets released due to a lack of content but it could potentially last you forever. The level/item creation mechanic, the sharing stuff and the amazing graphics are incredibly unique and could eventually make it one of the greatest games ever made.

vicmackey39

No, LBP will be great right out of the box. I mean have you seen some of the story levels they've shown? They look like tons of fun. Then, by the time I'm done playing around with the sp I can move onto mp which should be equally awesome :D.

But ontopic: Yes I think the PS3 has the most "Ambitious" line-up, and IMO the best :D

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

I don't know if it has the most , but I would agree that Resistance 2 and LBP are sounding pretty ambitious to me as well as MGS4.

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vicmackey39

No, LBP will be great right out of the box. I mean have you seen some of the story levels they've shown? They look like tons of fun. Then, by the time I'm done playing around with the sp I can move onto mp which should be equally awesome :D.

But ontopic: Yes I think the PS3 has the most "Ambitious" line-up, and IMO the best :D

Dreamable

I think you're being very optimistic in praising the levell design of some unknown developers. This isn't Nintendo we're talking about

besides which i think that the primar aim of the developers is to get people involved in the creation mechanic

Don't forget MGS4 it'll redefine what Epic really means :PEddie-Vedder

really?

I haven't seen much to suggest that

Fatkiwi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fatkiwi
Member since 2008 • 132 Posts
That are only 3 exclusives... doesn't seem that much to me.
Great_Ragnarok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Great_Ragnarok
Member since 2007 • 3069 Posts

Little Big Planet will probably suck when it gets released due to a lack of content but it could potentially last you forever. The level/item creation mechanic, the sharing stuff and the amazing graphics are incredibly unique and could eventually make it one of the greatest games ever made.

vicmackey39

Resistance 2 60+ mutliplayer is nothing new! PC gamers have been exposed to more since BF2 times!

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="vicmackey39"]

Great_Ragnarok

Resistance 2 60+ mutliplayer is nothing new! PC gamers have been exposed to more since BF2 times!

It's new on consoles though. Home is also innovative on consoles, if it were on pc's nobody would care.

sam280992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sam280992
Member since 2007 • 3754 Posts
[QUOTE="Dreamable"]

vicmackey39

I think you're being very optimistic in praising the levell design of some unknown developers. This isn't Nintendo we're talking about

besides which i think that the primar aim of the developers is to get people involved in the creation mechanic

really?

Well it is the ending to the whole franchise, So Its gonna go out with a bang.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eddie-Vedder
[QUOTE="Dreamable"]

vicmackey39

really?

How about a full Blu Ray Disc :P Have you seen this trailer? http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34384.html

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 thegoldenpoo
Member since 2005 • 5136 Posts
only LBP is ambitios this year, the rest are pretty safe.
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts
Spore is by far the most ambitious game this year.

Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
Playstation 3 has always been more ambitious.. Wifi,BLu-ray, Home..etc.

When it comes to games.. FFXIII, White Knight Story, Eight Days, Heavy Rain, LBP, Metal Gear Solid 4.

For the most part it looks like the wait just might be worth it, starting June 12th.
thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thegoldenpoo

Spore is by far the most ambitious game this year.

cobrax75

amen brother!

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 blitzkid1
Member since 2008 • 3952 Posts
Fable 2.
vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vicmackey39

Fable 2.blitzkid1

molyneux

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts

I wouldn't say they are the most ambitious exclusives this year in gaming, spore is ambitious and little big planet in comparison is interesting but the whole player limit for resistance 2 being ambitious...

Starsiege tribes back in 1998 did 128 players for pete sake!

-GhostMLD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -GhostMLD-
Member since 2008 • 3282 Posts

vicmackey39

Resistence 2 is not as ambitious as Gears 2

blitzkid1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blitzkid1
Member since 2008 • 3952 Posts
LBP will have 50 premade levels with it already
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
:roll: Another "2008 is the PS3's year!" thread?:|0/10 for originality.
lordxymor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lordxymor
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts

I agree with TC, but I really want to see an ambitious sandbox in the way of Mass Effect designed from the ground up with 50GB space constraint and not relying on lossless audio or duplicated data to fill up the disc but instead, filling it up with unique content.

Imagine a Ultimate Mass Effect with instead of dozens of worlds and different enemies, hundreds or thousands of worlds and different enemies, that's ambitious, but would probably take too much money and time. I'd settle for an official support for community made content like Neverwinter Nights.

BTW: How many concurrent players online does WoW have?

thrones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 thrones
Member since 2004 • 12178 Posts
[QUOTE="vicmackey39"]

-GhostMLD-

Not really, Gears 2 is merely refining Gears 1. Resistance 2 is attempting to invigorate itself to an AAA franchise.

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 killab2oo5

I agree with TC, but I really want to see an ambitious sandbox in the way of Mass Effect designed from the ground up with 50GB space constraint and not relying on lossless audio or duplicated data to fill up the disc but instead, filling it up with unique content.

Imagine a Ultimate Mass Effect with instead of dozens of worlds and different enemies, hundreds or thousands of worlds and different enemies, that's ambitious, but would probably take too much money and time. I'd settle for an official support for community made content like Neverwinter Nights.

lordxymor
As of Jan 22,2008...10 million users. Once I get my PC back I may buy this game. o_o I was playing it over at a friend house for a few hours and I've been craving it since. Night elf ftw.
vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vicmackey39

-GhostMLD-

It';s much more ambitious both graphically and in terms of features

LBP will have 50 premade levels with it alreadyblitzkid1

I'm not optimistic about the quality of those levels TBH and i don't see the inbuilt levels as the maind raw

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thegoldenpoo
[QUOTE="lordxymor"]

killab2oo5

As of Jan 22,2008...10 million users. Once I get my PC back I may buy this game. o_o I was playing it over at a friend house a for hours and I've been craving it since. Night elf ftw.

i let my membership run out for my exams and after ive had no more cravings.

lvl 64 night elf hunter :D

killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 killab2oo5
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"][QUOTE="lordxymor"]

thegoldenpoo

As of Jan 22,2008...10 million users. Once I get my PC back I may buy this game. o_o I was playing it over at a friend house a for hours and I've been craving it since. Night elf ftw.

i let my membership run out for my exams and after ive had no more cravings.

lvl 64 night elf hunter :D

:] I was a level 14 Night Elf mage or something. I wuv summoning that little green firery demon thing...he would always take my friends health if we were in a party. xD Blood pact I think it was called.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

[QUOTE="blitzkid1"]Fable 2.vicmackey39

molyneux

unconditional love, dogs, drop in drop out online co-op

Zenkuso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zenkuso
Member since 2006 • 4090 Posts
[QUOTE="vicmackey39"]

[QUOTE="blitzkid1"]Fable 2.angelkimne

molyneux

And a partige in a pear tree ;)

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
TC, don't you loathe the PS3? I do agree with you though, LBP and R2 are looking very ambitious. Let's not forget Linger in Shadows, that looks pretty special.
vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vicmackey39

angelkimne

dogs and unconditional love sound interesting but the demos so far haven't exactly played them up and i have yet to see how the game delivers on the promises of the original

TC, don't you loathe the PS3? I do agree with you though, LBP and R2 are looking very ambitious. Let's not forget Linger in Shadows, that looks pretty special.Floppy_Jim

I dislike the PS3 for a veriety of reaons but i'm not a fanboy

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="angelkimne"]

vicmackey39

dogs and unconditional love sound interesting but the demos so far haven't exactly played them up and i have yet to see how the game delivers on the promises of the original

TC, don't you loathe the PS3? I do agree with you though, LBP and R2 are looking very ambitious. Let's not forget Linger in Shadows, that looks pretty special.Floppy_Jim

I dislike the PS3 for a veriety of reaons but i'm not a fanboy

That's fair enough then. Kudos.

mgsbethatgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mgsbethatgame
Member since 2007 • 1384 Posts

[QUOTE="blitzkid1"]Fable 2.vicmackey39

molyneux

lol nice one

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#34 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
I really hope Little Big Planet is what people are making it out to be, because I'm a bit skeptical on it as of now. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. :)
High_Spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 High_Spy
Member since 2006 • 475 Posts
Whoever said ambition was always a good thing?
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Spore? Starcraft? Maybe Dragon Age? uhhh...PC wins
sdu_1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 sdu_1111
Member since 2007 • 474 Posts

True.

The PS2 had DVD before the PC

The PS3 had bluray before the PC

The PS3 uses the cell before any PC does

PS3 and Wii had motion controls before PC does

All conoles allows instant play from games, PC requires installations

Consoles allow you to lie back lazily on your sofa and play games, PC does not

indeed the PS3 is ambitious !!!

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 vicmackey39

Whoever said ambition was always a good thing?High_Spy

without ambition we'd be playing the sequel to ET on the 2600

Spore? Starcraft? Maybe Dragon Age? uhhh...PC winsdkhw

Starcraft 2 is hardly ambitious and it's highly doubtful that any of those games will make it in 2008

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts
I wouldn't call Ressitance 2 'ambitious', but I certainly would LBP.
edwise18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 edwise18
Member since 2008 • 1533 Posts
Playstation 3 has always been more ambitious.. Wifi,BLu-ray, Home..etc.

When it comes to games.. FFXIII, White Knight Story, Eight Days, Heavy Rain, LBP, Metal Gear Solid 4.

For the most part it looks like the wait just might be worth it, starting June 12th.Adrian_Cloud
Yeah, cause all those games you mentioned are really ambitious.:roll:
cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

True.

sdu_1111

joke?

I dont think a single one of those is true.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thegoldenpoo
[QUOTE="sdu_1111"]

True.

cobrax75

joke?

your right, none of them were. there have been motion controls before the wii and ps3. and so on for the rest.

thegoldenpoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 thegoldenpoo
[QUOTE="sdu_1111"]

True.

cobrax75

joke?

your right, none of them were. there have been motion controls before the wii and ps3. and so on for the rest.

KodiakGTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 KodiakGTS
Member since 2003 • 1262 Posts

[QUOTE="High_Spy"]Whoever said ambition was always a good thing?vicmackey39

without ambition we'd be playing the sequel to ET on the 2600

Spore? Starcraft? Maybe Dragon Age? uhhh...PC winsdkhw

Starcraft 2 is hardly ambitious and it's highly doubtful that any of those games will make it in 2008

You're joking right? Spore is pretty much deadlocked to release this year. Heck, the creature creator comes out next month.

Anyways, after seeing the latest spore video I'd say it has more than enough ambition to trump all the games on the PS3.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Cows hyping more games? They haven't learned their lesson, I'll remind them:

In order of flop:
RFOM: Flop
MotorStorm: Flop
Lair: Flop
Heavenly Sword: Flop
Ratchet and Clank: Flop
Haze: Flop

Next flops:
R2
LBP
Killzone 2
MGS4
vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 vicmackey39

You're joking right? Spore is pretty much deadlocked to release this year. Heck, the creature creator comes out next month.

Anyways, after seeing the latest spore video I'd say it has more than enough ambition to trump all the games on the PS3.
KodiakGTS

If I'm trying to give an example of a game that is 100% guaranteed to stick to its release date I wouldn't use Spore or Strarcraft 2.

vicmackey39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 vicmackey39

I wouldn't call Ressitance 2 'ambitious', but I certainly would LBP.Verge_6

in terms of the featureset and graphical fidelity it's highly ambitious

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

True.

LIES

LIES

PC Already has better processors

LIES

PS3 anyone

Just put a sofa in front of your computer ??

sdu_1111
CrazyyyDylan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CrazyyyDylan
Member since 2007 • 726 Posts
[QUOTE="sdu_1111"]

True.