The Power of X Comes to Bethesda Titles: Wolf II, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Evil Within 2, ESO, Dishonored 2

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

https://bethesda.net/en/article/3Fc5lXAaFOSE6W2y8IgEE4/the-power-of-x-comes-to-bethesda-titles

The launch of a new gaming console can sometimes feel bittersweet. There’s all of the excitement over new features and horsepower, but you’re often left with a farewell to a previous generation console and playing through some of your favorite games. That’s not the case with the upcoming release of the Xbox One X console. The X is the most powerful Xbox console to date, continuing to build upon the incredible features – and more importantly, game library – of the Xbox One. And – like last year’s PlayStation 4 Pro – we’re pleased to announce support for the Xbox One X across a number of our games.

We’ve got an early look at what Xbox One X players can expect in upcoming updates, and we will continue to provide details of enhancements coming to both Xbox One X and PlayStation 4 Pro as those updates are deployed.

Planned Xbox One X Enhancements

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

• Supports 4K Resolution (native 4k with dynamic scaling)
  • Enhanced features include:
    • Dynamic Resolution

Fallout 4

• Supports 4K Resolution
    • Dynamic Resolution
    • Enhanced draw distance for trees, grass, objects and NPCs
    • Enhanced God Ray effects

Skyrim Special Edition

• Supports 4K Resolution
    • Dynamic Resolution

Dishonored 2 & Dishonored: Death of the Outsider

• Supports 4K Resolution
    • Dynamic Resolution
    • Improved framerate stability
    • 4K textures
    • Improved geometry/draw distances
    • Improved anti-aliasing
    • Improved shadows quality

The Evil Within 2

• Enhanced Features include:
    • Upgraded resolution
    • Higher framerate
    • 30 fps lock removal
    • 1800p native

The Elder Scrolls Online

• Supports Native 4K Resolution and HDR
    • Increased view distance
    • Upgraded shadows with Screen Space Ambient Occlusion
    • Upgraded water reflections
enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Portable versions coming soon too for some of those games. Can't wait!

What a world we live in.... something for everybody.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

The power of the X

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

'Dynamic resolution scaling' and '1800p native'

Sounds like them 4k pixels are compromised to me...

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
  • Dynamic Resolution

TLHBO

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

'Dynamic resolution scaling' and '1800p native'

Sounds like them 4k pixels are compromised to me...

So much butthurt coming from you cows....stay salty kids....stay salty

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

It is strange, though, to claim “supports 4K resolution” followed by dynamic resolution under “enhanced features”. Or Native 4K with dynamic scaling. So many buzzwords for, basically, not 4K. PS4 Pro games do the same thing. Why not just say higher resolution and leave it at that?

I guess there’s just something magical about claiming a game is 4K, even when it’s not.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

So happy I can see trees further away in Fallout 4, that was my main grip with the game :)......seriously though looking forward to diving back in with a juicy graphical upgrade. Don't think I'll time to play those tomorrow, later in the week though surely

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

It should be afterall it is the Worlds most powerful console. All the noob Devs are the only ones that are going to make it look bad.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@kingtito:

It's true. How can you boast "Worlds most powerful console" and "True 4k" while doing the same exact thing the "weaker" console is doing, to achieve 4k? World's Most Powerful Console, definitely. "True 4k experience", not quite.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

4k and dynamic resolution? Surely the BoneX can handle Skyrim in 4k can't it.

This isn't looking that great. Titanfall 2 and now Bethesda can't get BoneX versions of their games looking better than the PRO ones.

Is there a hardware issue that Microsoft neglected to mention? Something just doesn't seem right.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Lmao so much damage control

Console vs console it beats up the pro

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Dynamic resolution and inconsistent frame rates.

Did you guys really think you would get native 4K?... Even at with a 30FPS target its not possible for the most part.

Not to mention the games that target 60FPS with lower resolutions than 4K are going to suffer thanks to the weak CPU.

You get what you pay for and the X1X is a powerful console... But its punching above its weight. Its CPU is too weak for 1080-1440p 60FPS and its GPU is too weak for 4K 30FPS with Ultra settings. Checker boarding and dynamic resolution will be 90% of games.

While yes its great for a console... But you cannot compare it to a PC that runs a game NATIVE on Ultra. Drop the settings to High and that's why you are seeing on X1X. Futurue DF video's will show this very soon... I have been anticipating and now I will get popcorn and watch in joy.

I upgraded my GTX 1070 to a 1080 Ti for a reason. 4K on a console?... Lol good luck with that it will work on the HIGHLY optimized games but the other 90%?... Even then it won't match PC settings.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 FLOPPAGE_50

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: its not supposed to match the PC settings, I love how threatened you are.

MS never claimed this would be better than your 1080 ti(which costs almost two Xb1x in canada)

For 499, you get a beast of a console that is suppose to compete with the ps4 pro, not your 2000 dollar gaming pc.

Now quit being insecure

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#15 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69479 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Did you guys really think you would get native 4K?... Even at with a 30FPS target its not possible for the most part.

Not to mention the games that target 60FPS with lower resolutions than 4K are going to suffer thanks to the weak CPU.

You get what you pay for and the X1X is a powerful console... But its punching above its weight. Its CPU is too weak for 1080-1440p 60FPS and its GPU is too weak for 4K 30FPS with Ultra settings. Checker boarding and dynamic resolution will be 90% of games.

While yes its great for a console... But you cannot compare it to a PC that runs a game NATIVE on Ultra. Drop the settings to High and that's why you are seeing on X1X. Futurue DF video's will show this very soon... I have been anticipating and now I will get popcorn and watch in joy.

I upgraded my GTX 1070 to a 1080 Ti for a reason. 4K on a console?... Lol good luck with that it will work on the HIGHLY optimized games but the other 90%?... Even then it won't match PC settings.

The One X currently runs Gears 4 at native 4K at 30fps and is supposedly better looking than the PC counter part(according to Gamespot). So saying it can't do 4k is incorrect.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FLOPPAGE_50

@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

The One X currently runs Gears 4 at native 4K at 30fps and is supposedly better looking than the PC counter part(according to Gamespot). So saying it can't do 4k is incorrect.

"bbbut gamespot never said that!!11"

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@crashnburn281 said:

4k and dynamic resolution? Surely the BoneX can handle Skyrim in 4k can't it.

This isn't looking that great. Titanfall 2 and now Bethesda can't get BoneX versions of their games looking better than the PRO ones.

Is there a hardware issue that Microsoft neglected to mention? Something just doesn't seem right.

Yeah it is called something wrong with the code. The developers will get it worked out. Have you ever heard of software performance bugs? Damn you cows are really damn stupid.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

That's because the X1X build was patched with HDR version of its lighting system. Which can and probably will be patched into PC.

Also I would like to add for you reading comprehension 90% of games, Gears of War at 30/4K isn't a achievement... The CPU bottlenecks it at 1080p 60fps, 4K on games like Assassins Creed Origins?... Not possible. Even at 30FPS.

Gears of War 4 like Destiny 2 is a rare game for optimisation. 1/10 game. In the other 9/10 games out there 4K is not going to happen.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20104 Posts

I was told fallout 4 would be native 4K and was dismissed when I said it wouldn't. So apparently even skyrim is dynamic. I remember skyrim being native on pro.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Honestly glad I cancelled my Scorpio Edition pre-order. PS4 pro will do just fine and has more games I wanna play.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

4K with Skyrim Special Edition is not easy to do. GTX 1080 gets 40-50FPS in certain scenes.

You guys thought 4K was easy?... Why the F*** do you think we have GPU's worth £600/$700?

You can't cram a 8 core Jaguar chip with a steroided up RX 580 and expect 4k/60FPS. Not going to happen if you are lucky you will get 30FPS 4K native... If its a easy to run game then 4K 60FPS is possible, but for 90% of games it will be dynamic resolution, games aren't static they have demanding area's that stress CPU or GPU more and the CPU is a huge bottleneck in the X1X so expect lots of resolution scaling.

Sure you can talk about optimised GEMS all day and the X1X's performance in those games but those are exceptions, its what I have been saying from the get go.

Where's Ron?... The guy that thinks the X1X will run Ark on Ultra at 60FPS 1080p?... Can't wait till DF does that game for the X1X. That POS game will all over the place.

Loading Video...

airraidjet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By airraidjet
Member since 2006 • 834 Posts

I wouldn't mind dynamic resolution with Skyrim if it was 60fps, but that's very unlikely to happen given X1X's Jaguar based CPU.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Been playing Wolfenstein on my X since I got it this morning... it looks quite nice. The textures definitely aren't the highest quality, but it looks sharp and clean.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

All this butthurt about the Xbox X can do 4K Native, I honestly don't know why so many people hate Microsoft I for one happy to have bought the X and I can't wait to hook it up to my OLED HDR TV.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

Happy I bought cases of this stuff, it's selling at twice the price on ebay today...

Lolol :P

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#26 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Old man look at my screen, my versions shit on Yoshida's

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Damn. Dishonored 2 might be playable now.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kingtito

@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

It's true. How can you boast "Worlds most powerful console" and "True 4k" while doing the same exact thing the "weaker" console is doing, to achieve 4k? World's Most Powerful Console, definitely. "True 4k experience", not quite.

It's doing it better than the PS4 pro. Just like the PS4 would perform and look better than it's X1 counterparts. That console cows continued to say was the most powerful console ever created for the past 4 years. Don't get hung up on MS hype fluff. The X1X IS the most powerful console ever created and a overwhelming majority of multiplats will look better than it's Pro counterpart.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 scatteh316

@kingtito said:
@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

It's doing it better than the PS4 pro. Just like the PS4 would perform and look better than it's X1 counterparts. That console cows continued to say was the most powerful console ever created for the past 4 years. Don't get hung up on MS hype fluff. The X1X IS the most powerful console ever created and a overwhelming majority of multiplats will look better than it's Pro counterpart.

Because Titan Fall 2, Fifa and Sonic have proven that... Lmao..

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kingtito

@scatteh316 said:
@kingtito said:
@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

So you're going to use games that haven't been patched or devs being lazy as example? Should I list every game that IS better on the X1 for the rest of gen cow?

So much butthurt kid. That Scorpio burn is real

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By scatteh316

@kingtito said:
@scatteh316 said:
@kingtito said:
@ermacness said:

@kingtito:

So you're going to use games that haven't been patched or devs being lazy as example? Should I list every game that IS better on the X1 for the rest of gen cow?

So much butthurt kid. That Scorpio burn is real

Go a head........ List all the games on X that show compromised 4k pixels.... hahaha...

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kingtito

@scatteh316: Reading comprehension much? Butthurt has you that shook kid? I can see those tears flowing already....so sorry for your loss.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Happy I bought cases of this stuff, it's selling at twice the price on ebay today...

Lolol :P

That stuff doesn't work. I ate the whole tube and still had hemorrhoids.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@appariti0n:

Lolololol. But at least it may have left you with fresh minty breath. :P

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

You guys are gonna buy a new Xbox so that some of your games will be close to 4k some of the time?

Weird.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Lol playing some of these games on console.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@kingtito:

My question would be:

How is the ps4 userbase losing??!!

The ONLY thing the x1x have as of now, is superior multiplats, and even then that's only console related. The ps4 have the xbox destroyed in exclusives. It's about time the xbox camp have something to brag about.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

When a 1TB hard drive is actually too small.

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

Store didn’t get stock yet. Will try later, 1X will be mine.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@zaryia said:

do you even play games?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@appariti0n said:

That stuff doesn't work. I ate the whole tube and still had hemorrhoids.

The directions clearly stated to apply to affected area. Geesh :P

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 scatteh316

@kingtito said:

@scatteh316: Reading comprehension much? Butthurt has you that shook kid? I can see those tears flowing already....so sorry for your loss.

Sarcasim much? I have loads of AAAE games to play....... that's what it feels like to be butt hurt.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Pedro

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

That's because the X1X build was patched with HDR version of its lighting system. Which can and probably will be patched into PC.

Also I would like to add for you reading comprehension 90% of games, Gears of War at 30/4K isn't a achievement... The CPU bottlenecks it at 1080p 60fps, 4K on games like Assassins Creed Origins?... Not possible. Even at 30FPS.

Gears of War 4 like Destiny 2 is a rare game for optimisation. 1/10 game. In the other 9/10 games out there 4K is not going to happen.

You made a false claim (see bolded) that the One X was too weak to achieve 4k at 30fps on Ultra and it does for the Gears 4. Forza 7 runs at native 4k at 60 FPS on the Xbox One X making you wrong again. It doesn't matter that what your other statements are stating, the bold is simply incorrect. Bundling false information with correct doesn't make the false info correct.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

You made a false claim (see bolded) that the One X was too weak to achieve 4k at 30fps on Ultra and it does for the Gears 4. Forza 7 runs at native 4k at 60 FPS on the Xbox One X making you wrong again. It doesn't matter that what your other statements are stating, the bold is simply incorrect. Bundling false information with correct doesn't make the false info correct.

Sure if you bold out parts of a sentence you can make anything look like you want it.

"Checker boarding and dynamic resolution will be 90% of games"

This was right next to it.

Optimised games are not the norm, Forza and gears both run on similar hardware on PC with ease.

• Assassins Creed native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Titanfall 2 native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Shadow of War native 4K?... Has it but loses visual qaulity, i.e not good enough for Ultra settings
  • Fallout 4 native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Wolfenstein 2 native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Skyrim Special Edition native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Evil Within 2 native 4K?... Nope 1800p.
  • Dishonoured 2 native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Quantum Break native 4K?... Nope renders at 1440p up scaled to 4K.
  • Killing Floor 2 native 4K?... Nope 1800p
  • Anthem native 4K?... Nope checkerboarding
  • Ark native 4K?... Nope 1440p

Get the drift?...

Its punching above its weight, the console is meant for 1440p not 4K otherwise we wouldn't have checker board rendering or dynamic resolution so prevalent. Like I said sure there will be a EXCEPTION here or there but for the most part any game that is remotely demanding or un-optimised best believe it won't be native.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

The power of the X

X gunna give it to ya
ugh, what?
ugh, yea?
ugh, huh?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@zaryia said:

Bethesda games without real mods...lol nope.

Also lol TESO at 30 fps. nOOOOO.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#47 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Hopefully more developers follow and start updating their games.

Waiting for Activition or EA to include "premium" updates where you have to pay to access the "4K."

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56102 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Hopefully more developers follow and start updating their games.

Waiting for Activition or EA to include "premium" updates where you have to pay to access the "4K."

I can see EA doing that on there sub with EA Access/Origin to include 4K.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Sure if you bold out parts of a sentence you can make anything look like you want it.

"Checker boarding and dynamic resolution will be 90% of games"

This was right next to it.

Optimised games are not the norm, Forza and gears both run on similar hardware on PC with ease.

• Assassins Creed native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Titanfall 2 native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Shadow of War native 4K?... Has it but loses visual qaulity, i.e not good enough for Ultra settings
  • Fallout 4 native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Wolfenstein 2 native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Skyrim Special Edition native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Evil Within 2 native 4K?... Nope 1800p.
  • Dishonoured 2 native 4K?... Nope dynamic.
  • Quantum Break native 4K?... Nope renders at 1440p up scaled to 4K.
  • Killing Floor 2 native 4K?... Nope 1800p
  • Anthem native 4K?... Nope checkerboarding
  • Ark native 4K?... Nope 1440p

Get the drift?...

Its punching above its weight, the console is meant for 1440p not 4K otherwise we wouldn't have checker board rendering or dynamic resolution so prevalent. Like I said sure there will be a EXCEPTION here or there but for the most part any game that is remotely demanding or un-optimised best believe it won't be native.

Dynamic resolution can hit native 4k.

Checkerboard rendering cant.

Titanfall 2 can hit 6k and has a botched patch

Quantum Break was 720p on Xbox One

Evil Within 2 runs at sub 900p on Xbox One

Ark runs at 720p on Xbox One

Anthem wont run on Xbox One at 900p

Assassins Creed runs at 900p on Xbox One

Wolfenstein 2 runs at sub 900p on Xbox One

If a game is built around Dynamic resolution on Xbox One its going to run at Dynamic resolution on Xbox One X in most cases. Doesn't mean it wont hit Native 4k at least some and possibly a lot of the time.

Nobody expected a sub 900p game on Xbox one to hit native 4k on Xbox One X

All games run better (some a lot better) than PS4 Pro and any PC you can build for same money.

Mighty X is the best performing console and best performing gaming platform for the money.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@n64dd said:

Honestly glad I cancelled my Scorpio Edition pre-order. PS4 pro will do just fine and has more games I wanna play.

PS4 Pro has a new competitor with near performance GPU i.e. Intel/AMD's new SOC/APU.

Intel Core i7-8809G SoC (for fleet OEM PCs) 45 watts

CPU: Intel Kaby Lake mobile, 4C/8T at 3.1 Ghz and 4Ghz Turbo with 128 bit GDDR4... 2133 rated memory modules yields 34 GB/s.

GPU: AMD Vega 24 CU at 1190Mhz (3.66 TFLOPS FP32) and 4GB 205 GB/s dedicated VRAM HBM V2 800 Mhz

VS

PS4 Pro APU.

CPU: AMD Jaguar 8C/8T at 2.1 Ghz with 1GB DDR3

GPU: AMD Polaris with partly Vega IP at 911Mhz with 36 CU (4.2 TFLOPS FP32) and 8 GB 218 GB/s shared memory GDDR5-7000 Mhz.

It's the first time for Intel SoC to nearly rival current generation game console i.e. PS4 Pro.