deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#951 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

@dakur: What game is that? I have been playing since ghost and goblins and never heard of that. Must be an import.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#952 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

why did they turn gow into ryse?

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#953 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

I wish Sony didn't end with Days Gone. That game looks really generic.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#954 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70154 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Because of the success of Last of Us and Uncharted.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#955 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

E3 really brings out the best in people.

Soethi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#956  Edited By Soethi6
Member since 2014 • 425 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

it really looks like Ryse. Which is bad.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#957  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3235 Posts

Man the new God Of War game is different in a strange way. Since when is GOW a emotional game? And plus the gameplay is way too different from its original counterparts. I like change but not this much. They should of just had a Norse setting with a new character and story but with the familiar gameplay of GOW instead of being Horizon Zero Dawn or The Last Of Us.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#958 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46521 Posts

What's up with Rise of The God of War ?

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#959  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

They turned God of War into Daddy problems of War. Kratos biggest challenge now is babbysitting that annoying brat and hope the kid doesn't open Pandora's box or release the pet Kraken and crap.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#960 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@soethi6 said:
@freedomfreak said:

it really looks like Ryse. Which is bad.

Am so sad from what I saw. The combat was slow and ass. At least in Ryse you had a shield. This was simply shat

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#962 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Sony having a mediocore E3 showing doesn't make Sony any worse of a company, or the PS4 any worse of a console to play on. I think some of the people here think that way though.

That being said... I was more impressed with what MS showed this year. Opinions are opinions, but it is really hard for me to see how anyone could think that Sony won E3 this year.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#963 Pedro  Online

@babyjoker1221 said:

Sony having a mediocore E3 showing doesn't make Sony any worse of a company, or the PS4 any worse of a console to play on. I think some of the people here think that way though.

That being said... I was more impressed with what MS showed this year. Opinions are opinions, but it is really hard for me to see how anyone could think that Sony won E3 this year.

I feel the same. But you must give them credit for a very focus showing. This was the most game centric Sony conference I have ever seen and that is commendable.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#964 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

God of War looked amazing, easily the best game of the show. I don't know why you guys are complaining, I bet you are gonna get it the moment it releases. :D

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#965 Pedro  Online

@samfisher56 said:

God of War looked amazing, easily the best game of the show. I don't know why you guys are complaining, I bet you are gonna get it the moment it releases. :D

What was amazing about the gameplay?

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#966 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7714 Posts

Besides graphics, what exactly did GoW have? And then there's the inevitable 30fps action game thing...

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#967 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8283 Posts

The show was really cool, I liked what I saw. The future looks bright with upcoming exclusives.

lol @ lemmings in this thread trying to downplay it.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#968 Sollet

@freedomfreak said:

Ryse was open world?

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#969  Edited By Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

After owning the PS4 for 2 and half years.... Looks like I will finally have more then 2 games for it and a reason to turn it on. Zero Dawn is for sure an instant buy. Like the new GOW. MS still hasn't given me a single reason to buy their console. Meh, pretty sad how gaming has slowed down over the years. Went from buying 1 or more games a month... To only 3-4 a year and only on PC.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#970 freedomfreak  Online

@Sollet said:

Ryse was open world?

Was God of War?

I rest my case. You have been beaten.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#972 Sollet

@freedomfreak said:
@Sollet said:

Ryse was open world?

Was God of War?

I rest my case. You have been beaten.

I am talking about this one we saw, in the end scene it does look like open worldish and it seems that you "discover locations". I mean I could be wrong, willing to make a bet? :P

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#973 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

@oflow said:

How cows are saying this is a winning show is beyond me.

God of War is more played out than Gears and looked worse.

They showed CoD infinite only on Brostation 4

FFXV looks mediocre on either console

The Kojima game was a trailer and is years away-- see MGSV development times.

Last Guardian looks dated.

The zombie game looked mechanically clunky.

ABZU was the best looking game they showed.

All in all they had two other decent looking games Horizon and Spiderman and they probably literally scrapped the NeO part of their show a few days ago after confirming Scorpio trumps it.

6.5/10

Then it is safe to assume you gave MS a 2.5/10 for showing a plethora of multiplats and announce new hardware without showing anything :)

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#974 freedomfreak  Online
@Sollet said:

I am talking about this one we saw, in the end scene it does look like open worldish and it seems that you "discover locations". I mean I could be wrong, willing to make a bet? :P

Not willing to make a bet, because I'm Christian.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#975 Sollet

@freedomfreak said:
@Sollet said:

Not willing to make a bet, because I'm Christian.

My condolences, didn't know :(

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#976 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@panda30 said:

wtf is pgw thats a energy sense corp Sony dint go to gamescom last year

but they sure show a lot of smoke & mirrors at e3 like what hapen to shenmue??

Parish Games Week. Keep up.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#977 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@freedomfreak: Why do you have such bad opinions bro? >.> no wonder Italy beat you :P

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#978  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

I liked Sony's showing the best of the bunch.

Horizon looks really good, the new ip did get gameplay shown (though weird it was the closer, but the trailer was played so early in the showing, that bemused me), I get the reason for The Last Guardian not showing gameplay, plus I've at least seen gameplay of that game last year and that game has a release date this year. God of War 4 makes me wonder why the game is even God of War since the only thing God of War about it is Kratos and the title, would have been cool if they went all the way with it and just made the game it's own thing, but at the least it won't be a samey sequel. Plus more fucking importantly, their initial reveal of that game has fucking gameplay.

Spiderman I didn't care for (beyond my general lack of care for Spiderman), because it was snippets of what could be gameplay and not an actual demonstration of the game. The rest of the conference I mostly liked, because they just kept going and going. Some of the VR stuff I get is hard to demo, but announcing teasers for Rocksteady projects or whatever is a bit much. Again show me a damn game. Ditto Kojima's shit which was just one giant, look, we saved Hideo, give us a cheap pop. For a trailer, that's not even remotely close to a video game.

Could have been a lot better, but I came away wanting to play some of Sony's stuff (Horizon and The Last Guardian). I can't say the same about Microsoft, because that only applies to Scalebound, and it wasn't for the footage I saw of Scalebound. I also like the pace of their show, I could do without some of the dog n pony show, but it is what it is.

One thing I'd like more, is that I remember after E3 07, Microsoft was trying to pimp out these early E3 demos, I kind of wish that blew up into a bigger thing. It be nice if some of these demos were downloadable for the general audience for some of these games. I get the big games not taking a chance, but some of these smaller teams could totally take a gamble. So in that regard I guess I'm glad Halo Wars 2 and Resident Evil 7 have a demo the audience can play. It's more or less their get out of showing me gameplay free card.

All in all, meh.

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#979  Edited By samfisher56

@Pedro: They didn't show much gameplay, but even what they showed was quite promising. The change of the perspective, the boss fight, the combat in general looked quite fun. Also I suppose the gameplay in general would be revamped and there will be more exploration and puzzles. I love God of War but that series kinda got old fast and that's exactly what it needed.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#980 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

The people complaining about the new direction of God of War must have wanted another tired rehash like Gears 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#981 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

People are complaining about the new God of War? lmao

Then again, I guess it makes sense, this is the industry where people line up to buy Call of Duty, EA Sports, and Assassin's Creed for $60 each every year, so of course they're pissed that something was actually changed for its, what, seventh installment now? After six identically playing and structured installments at that.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#982 freedomfreak  Online

@Desmonic: I'm sporting Italy, bruh

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#983 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Then again, I guess it makes sense, this is the industry where people line up to buy Call of Duty, EA Sports, and Assassin's Creed for $60 each every year, so of course they're pissed that something was actually changed for its, what, seventh installment now? After six identically playing and structured installments at that.

It is interesting that the gamers who complain CoD, AC etc is always the same are also probably the ones that are now complaining that GoW is going different, I guess gamers quite often are self entitled.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#984 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

Lemmings are upset because Santa Monica knows how to rejuvenate the franchise while their precious Gears 4 was probably the most stale and boring looking game at E3 so far.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#985 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@charizard1605: @_Matt_: I don't buy CoD or Assassin's Creed. I've never even bought a God of War game. What turned me off was how generic and shit the "combat" looked. Also the melodrama was cringe worthy. So no, not everyone who is complaining about this game wants yearly rehashes. Just because a game in a series switches it up, doesn't automatically mean it's good.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#986 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@freedomfreak: God you're awful lol

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#987  Edited By Sollet

@_Matt_ said:
@charizard1605 said:

It is interesting that the gamers who complain CoD, AC etc is always the same are also probably the ones that are now complaining that GoW is going different, I guess gamers quite often are self entitled.

These so called "gamers" will always complain no matter what you do lol.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#988  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61525 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Douevenlift called me racist in the MS thread I believe because I said something like "pulled that Nippon weaksauce console" in regards to Neo not being shown at E3. Nippon is merely a name for Japan. I don't see how that statement is discriminatory or racist. Funny how we see so many threads bashing SJWs and people are too politically correct when something happens, but I use the name of Sony's country in front of the word weaksauce regarding an electrical device and I am a racist. Hypocrite pansies

Ohhh, gotcha. Yeah, that isn't racist. Shortening the word could probably be seen as such (nip -- directly referring to a Japanese person), but not Nippon.

Even then, i'd just say it's xenophobic, and not actually racist.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#989  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Sidenote: I would have bet a million dollars Rockstar would have been at Sony's conference since they said they would be there, I wonder what and when they'll show off what they have.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#990 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Hilarious isn't it. Knowing damn well they were ready to rip the game had it stayed the same

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#991  Edited By Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

@_Matt_ said:
@charizard1605 said:

IDK where to even start with this..

How the hell do you praise GOW "new direction" which looks like uncharted, tomb raider, or anything cinematic this day and age(therefore not being anything new), but call out COD, Ass Creed, etc for also doing what everybody else this gen is doing?

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#992 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

After Kratos kills the Nord gods he'll go and kill the Christian one and its minions due to the Christianization that will go on in Scandinavia. His son will be killed by priests or some angel or crazy shit like that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#993 Pedro  Online

@charizard1605 said:

Making God of War like a generic off the shoulder third person game is not a good change. Bundling the people who are calling out the the game to COD, EA Sports and Assassin Creed players is equally stupid. What relation does this game has to any of those games? Seriously. What the hell are you talking about?

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#994 samfisher56

@Pedro said:
@charizard1605 said:

Making God of War like a generic off the shoulder third person game is not a good change. Bundling the people who are calling out the the game to COD, EA Sports and Assassin Creed players is equally stupid. What relation does this game has to any of those games? Seriously. What the hell are you talking about?

You haven;t played the game at all and have barely seen anything of it. So how can you make such radical conclusions? LOL

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#995 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

The new GOW didn't impress me all that much and no I don't care for Ass Creed, COD, and EA.

But at least it showed gameplay but the combat looks worse then the previous games.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#996  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

Here's day 1 of the E3 2016 live cast

Loading Video...

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts