The PC is the superior gaming platform - Definitive Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@Heirren: We're talking about the intent of the Steam Family Sharing feature vs the capability on PS4 to log into your account on more than one system and play your own games.

One is intended by Valve to share games with your friends & family, the other is intended to allow you to play your own games on different systems. It's a huge difference.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@mikhail said:

@Heirren: We're talking about the intent of the Steam Family Sharing feature vs the capability on PS4 to log into your account on more than one system and play your own games.

One is intended by Valve to share games with your friends & family, the other is intended to allow you to play your own games on different systems. It's a huge difference.

And what is the big difference? It is a form of borrowing.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@mikhail said:

@RoboCopISJesus: Ever notice how when it's PS4 vs Xbox One, the argument is typically about the graphics...900p vs 1080p, 30fps vs 60fps, etc - when PC steps into the ring, all of a sudden the argument changes to "Graphics and frame rate don't matter, it's all about the gameplay!"

And when you do bring up gameplay, then RTS, Sim, Moba, MMO, TBS, anything isometric, puzzle games, and INDY do not count.

Oh and they have to be big budget and have commercials on ESPN. And be Exclusive.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By mikhail

@Heirren said:

@mikhail said:

It's a form of "borrowing" that you can get banned from PSN for. It's an unintended use of the system.

I'm not sure whether you and Cranler are failing to see the difference or just refusing to. Let me break it down, I'll even use bullet points for you guys:

• Sony does not want you to share your PSN account with other people so they can play your games, and you can get banned for it.
  • Valve does want you to share your account with friends & family in the Family Sharing feature, and you won't get banned for it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@mikhail said:

@Heirren said:

@mikhail said:

It's a form of "borrowing" that you can get banned from PSN for. It's an unintended use of the system.

To borrow? Wasn't there a video on the dang thing? The account info was put into place so it doesn't get out of hand, which is understandable considering the way consoles work these days.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#156 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@naz99: Jeez, he is sensitive

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@mikhail said:

@Cranler said:

@mikhail said:

@Cranler: You're missing a big point about the PS4 and "game sharing" - that system is intended for you to play your games on others' systems while you are logged into those systems. It is not the same thing, in any way, to Steam Family Sharing.

Valve intends for people to share their accounts and have access to one another's libraries. Sony does not. Read the PS4 FAQ.

If it was all about letting you play your games on others systems why do they allow your games to be used at the same time on your own system. You can share your PS 4 games with others without any hacking at all so there's no way to prove that the user is breaking the tos.

Dude...now you're just reaching. Can you please go back and slowly read what you just typed? Because...wow. What you're saying is that it's alright to compare that feature to Steam's Family Sharing because...there is no way to get caught doing it?

What am I even reading right now...it's madness. Your argument is like saying stealing isn't wrong as long as you don't get caught. You realize that right?

Standing by for argument change in 3...2...1....

If you see digital sharing as stealing then you should be against Steams policy.

They why allow concurrent use? Makes no sense. They left it wide open for people to share libraries.

They say:

Only you can start games that you download.

And then they say

* You can use up to 2 systems concurrently: the system activated as your "primary" PS4â„¢ system, and one other system.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By mikhail

@MonsieurX said:

inb4 cranler derails the thread

@mikhail said:

@bldgirsh said:

Ooo a virgin thread. Cranler can't resist putting his massive insight inside this fragile thread.

It'll either be about sales of a specific console game with a link, or another unrelated argument that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Just putting my prediction out there so I can cite this post later.

And with that, my point has been proven and I'm done with the thread. I'll leave you all to fight it out with Cranler, because I just can't take having this discussion with a brick wall anymore. He has now taken this topic in at least two different unrelated directions, refused to answer direct questions, and ignored his points being refuted on several occasions by multiple different people. It's just exhausting.

Congratulations Cranler, your stupidity finally wore me out.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@mikhail said:

@Heirren: @Cranler

Here you go, direct from the source - Sony DOES NOT allow sharing accounts with other people in order to access others' libraries. Period.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1260/~/information-on-banned-accounts-and-consoles

That sounds more like account identity theft. "Changing another persons email address, and/or password WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION in order to gain control access to an account. OFFENDER attempted to use or take content they did not pay for."

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By mikhail

@Heirren: Really dude? READ THE FIRST SENTENCE

"Sharing personal Sony Entertainment Network account information in order to obtain access to another persons Sony Entertainment Network account."

How you could quote the very next sentence yet ignore the part that actually proves I'm right is mind blowing.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Cranler

@Heirren said:

@mikhail said:

@Heirren: @Cranler

Here you go, direct from the source - Sony DOES NOT allow sharing accounts with other people in order to access others' libraries. Period.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1260/~/information-on-banned-accounts-and-consoles

That sounds more like account identity theft. "Changing another persons email address, and/or password WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION in order to gain control access to an account. OFFENDER attempted to use or take content they did not pay for."

First off it says PS 3. Secondly the account owner can setup any PS 4 as a primary. The primary doesn't require login when booting up. So you can share games without ever giving anyone your Sony account info.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Cranler

@mikhail said:

@MonsieurX said:

inb4 cranler derails the thread

@mikhail said:

@bldgirsh said:

Ooo a virgin thread. Cranler can't resist putting his massive insight inside this fragile thread.

It'll either be about sales of a specific console game with a link, or another unrelated argument that has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Just putting my prediction out there so I can cite this post later.

And with that, my point has been proven and I'm done with the thread. I'll leave you all to fight it out with Cranler, because I just can't take having this discussion with a brick wall anymore. He has now taken this topic in at least two different unrelated directions, refused to answer direct questions, and ignored his points being refuted on several occasions by multiple different people. It's just exhausting.

Congratulations Cranler, your stupidity finally wore me out.

Don't blame me for responding to topics others bring up in a thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@mikhail said:

@Heirren: Really dude? READ THE FIRST SENTENCE

"Sharing personal Sony Entertainment Network account information in order to obtain access to another persons Sony Entertainment Network account."

Right. This is the precaution I mentioned earlier in regard to accounts. This will exist everywhere. This is suggesting extreme circumstances, say a massive sharing on a popular website or where things gets out of hand and the info gets around to X amount of people. They have to put this in writing. You'd have to be asinine to think Valve doesn't have something similar stated in the TOS. There's no way I'm allowed to buy games on steam and share them with millions of people.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 mikhail

@Heirren: http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

I'll wait while you find the official PlayStation equivalent.

Hint: You can't because it doesn't exist.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#166 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Honestly why isn't this just a blog?

Almost everyone of your points is an opinion, preference or just flat out wrong or inaccurate, why do hermits have such a hard time accepting a lot of people just prefer consoles?

You don't need a gaming PC to play 90% of PC games so why bother? Unless of course you want to play competitively in which case you need to drop at least $1000-$1500 probably closer to $1500 if you don't want to upgrade for awhile and that's if you find a good price. Sorry but you're not building a gaming PC for $400-$500 that's just idiotic.

Unless you like getting WTF owned online you can't go with a $800 PC, the person with the better draw distance and resolution as a distinct advantage and that's not even taking into account the extra $ you'll need to drop on a gaming mouse and keyboard to give you a better or equal edge.

Consoles everyone's on equal playing ground, with gaming PCs if you're looking to save you're looking for trouble. I like not having to worry about upgrading, I like a controller with games ha were developed with a controller in mind. I like good exclusives and consoles have the best of the best period.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#167 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@blackace said:

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

Cant play The Last of Us.

This thread is about games not movies. Please delete this post.

Can't play Super Mario Galaxy, Infamous SS, Forza 5, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Zelda, Splatoon, Super Mario Kart 8, Drive Club, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, etc, etc...etc... Please stop being delusion and think before you post.

Combining 3 systems and still having less exclusives than PC....nice...

Herms consistently lump consoles together. Nice. :->

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@mikhail said:

@Heirren: http://store.steampowered.com/promotion/familysharing

I'll wait while you find the official PlayStation equivalent.

Hint: You can't because it doesn't exist.

I want to play my own shared games, but they're in use. What do I do?

As the account holder, you may always access and play your games at any time. If you decide to start playing when another user is already playing one of your games, he/she will be given five minutes to either purchase the game or quit playing.

Can all Steam games be shared?

No, due to technical limitations, some Steam games may be unavailable for sharing.

Can two users share a library and both play at the same time?

No, a shared library may only be accessed by one user at a time.

Is there a limit to the number of devices or friends I can authorize to share my Library?

Yes. You may authorize Family Library Sharing on up to 10 devices at a given time, and for up to 5 accounts that may then use your game library on any of your authorized computers.

Will I be punished for any cheating or fraud conducted by other users while playing my games?

Your Family Sharing privileges may be revoked and your account may also be VAC banned if your library is used by others to conduct cheating or fraud. In addition, VAC-banned games cannot be shared. We recommend you only authorize familiar Steam Accounts and familiar computers you know to be secure. And as always, never give your password to anyone.

Note: If you are VAC banned, you will be unable to share any VAC protected games.

It doesn't look all that different to me.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@Shielder7 said:

Honestly why isn't this just a blog?

Almost everyone of your points is an opinion, preference or just flat out wrong or inaccurate

• His controller point is 100% correct.
  • His native controller point is correct. He didn't say all games, he said many...and its true.
  • Graphics fidelity point was correct.
  • Multiplayer payment point 100% factually true.
  • Exclusive count point was 100% factually true.
  • More than entertainment activity point true.
  • Constantly evolving hardware: true.
  • PC games are less expensive. Mostly true, Slightly inaccurate. I'll give you this one point just because I like to throw a dog a bone. (1)
  • Multiple monitor support resolution and software: True
  • Mod Support: true
  • Development friendly : true
  • Users can make money: true
  • More and higher quality f2p : factually true
  • Price Point: Debatable. (2)
  • E-sports/Competitive point: 10000% true

Literally only 2 of his points were debatable on a factual basis.

Worthless troll. I dare you to provide me a link showing which of those (other than the 2 bones I threw you) are false.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 RoboCopISJesus
@amazonangry said:

@Jankarcop said:

@blackace said:

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

Can't play Super Mario Galaxy, Infamous SS, Forza 5, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Zelda, Splatoon, Super Mario Kart 8, Drive Club, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive, Killer Instinct, etc, etc...etc... Please stop being delusion and think before you post.

Combining 3 systems and still having less exclusives than PC....nice...

Herms consistently lump consoles together. Nice. :->

I'm glad. I feel honered you need to pit 3 systems vs 1 and still lose. Dat Gaming King.

Hate_me_now22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Hate_me_now22
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

A fair point that's brought up by PC gamers is the sheer cheapness of many games available on PC. But to be honest, gamers are very capable of selling/lending their games for a price, or just trade them in for some good store credit. If a gamer is ambitious enough, they can honestly make back a good 90% of their money spent through selling on amazon or eBay. I'd the average gamer can finish a game in a week or two, which is enough to enjoy a game, but not long enough that you'd need to sell it at a $20 loss.

I realize a minority of gamers would even capitalize on this market, but at the same time, not all PC gamers drop $2000 or buy 4K monitors. If one extreme can be used to point out the superiority of PC, then another extreme can be used to exemplify the capabilities of consoles gaming.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

Can someone please explain why some people consider Last of Us to be a movie game?

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By AmazonAngry

@clyde46 said:
@amazonangry said:

@naz99: wow typical.you don't win arguments by ignoring what anyone else has to say especially ones based on actual fact."

I've won every argument. Herms are too scared to post links to their Steam libraries

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Captain_cannonfodder/

Who you calling scared?

229 games

133 never even touched including pc halmarks like the witcher 2, civilzation 5,Rome Total War, and Unreal Tournament. Over half your library!

But your Most played game..,Eurotruck Simulator 2 (94hrs)

You...you only have 1.7 hours of Skyrim!!

PC gamers....you guys are frauds. All of your pathetic arguments against consoles have been undone and you have been exposed. You aren't gamers. You are digital hoarders and collectors. You play little to no games that take advantage of da power. It's the same thing...with every pc gamer I've met, including BlueHazey and Lostrib. This data rings true.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/introducing-steam-gauge-ars-reveals-steams-most-popular-games/

And so comes to an end the Master Race. You had a good run, but the exposure has burnt you asunder. Consoles stand supreme.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

Can someone please explain why some people consider Last of Us to be a movie game?

I suppose its the same reason that f2p, rts, mmo, and moba don't count.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 AmazonAngry

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

its because you jelly. just admit it.

and if a movie game, according to you, is the most awarded of all time...that must mean pc has shit for games since none have the record tlou has. oh dat herm logic.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 RoboCopISJesus

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

and if a movie game, according to you, is the most awarded of all time...that must mean pc has shit for games since none have the record tlou has. oh dat herm logic.

I didn't call TLOU a movie-game.

IMO its a qte movie-game.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 AmazonAngry

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

I didn't call TLOU a movie-game.

IMO its a qte movie-game.

still waiting on your Steam library link.

C'mon.Numerous other herms here had the balls. Let's see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#179 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/2d2jkm/pcmr_brother_states_logical_reasons_why_the_pc_is/

The PCMR reddit users seem to have more sense in them than the entirety of the GS Sony/Xbox community.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

@amazonangry said:

Hmm....nah.

qtes

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#181 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@clyde46 said:
@amazonangry said:

@naz99: wow typical.you don't win arguments by ignoring what anyone else has to say especially ones based on actual fact."

I've won every argument. Herms are too scared to post links to their Steam libraries

Who you calling scared?

Oh dear.

You don't know how steam works, do you?

I have "2.8 hrs" on Dragon Commander - which is quite impressive considering I've beaten the long campaign 3 or 4 times.

And don't argue game quality while you're displaying a "Dragon's Crown" avatar, you look like an idiot.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By AmazonAngry

@walloftruth said:

@amazonangry said:

@clyde46 said:
@amazonangry said:

Who you calling scared?

229 games

133 never even touched including pc halmarks like the witcher 2, civilzation 5,Rome Total War, and Unreal Tournament. Over half your library!

PC gamers....you guys are frauds. All of your pathetic arguments against consoles have been undone and you have been exposed. You aren't gamers. You are digital hoarders and collectors. You play little to no games that take advantage of da power. It's the same thing...with every pc gamer I've met. This data rings true.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/introducing-steam-gauge-ars-reveals-steams-most-popular-games/

And so comes to an end the Master Race. You had a good run, but the exposure has burnt you asunder. Consoles stand supreme.

Lol amazonangry meltdown!

The exposure continues. :->

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Cranler

@amazonangry said:

@clyde46 said:
@amazonangry said:

Who you calling scared?

229 games

PC gamers....you guys are frauds. All of your pathetic arguments against consoles have been undone and you have been exposed. You aren't gamers. You are digital hoarders and collectors. You play little to no games that take advantage of da power. It's the same thing...with every pc gamer I've met, including BlueHazey and Lostrib. This data rings true.

This supports the theory that steam sales make most people end up spending more money.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Cranler

@Cobra_nVidia said:

@amazonangry said:

@clyde46 said:
@amazonangry said:

Who you calling scared?

Oh dear.

I have "2.8 hrs" on Dragon Commander - which is quite impressive considering I've beaten the long campaign 3 or 4 times.

And don't argue game quality while you're displaying a "Dragon's Crown" avatar, you look like an idiot.

Every game past I believe 2009 should show the correct amount of game time. Ubisoft gameplay times can actually be hugely inflated by simply leaving uplay running after exiting the game.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#185 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

They count, they just suck.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#187  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

PC is so ahead of Consoles they get definitive editions twice.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By AmazonAngry

@walloftruth said:

@amazonangry said:

@walloftruth said:

@amazonangry said:

@clyde46 said:

Who you calling scared?

229 games

PC gamers....you guys are frauds. All of your pathetic arguments against consoles have been undone and you have been exposed. You aren't gamers. You are digital hoarders and collectors. You play little to no games that take advantage of da power. It's the same thing...with every pc gamer I've met. This data rings true.

Lol amazonangry meltdown!

The exposure continues. :->

Yeah, the exposure to your stupidity.

Prove me wrong. Drop your steam library link and let me see what you've been playing, or run away like Robocop did. Line out all my text you want. Wont change the truth, or the exposure.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 RoboCopISJesus

@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Metacritic and GS disagree. Therefore, you suck.

jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#192 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Are we really looking at steam record time? That thing has not shown so many of my games have even been started for years now. Is it actually suppose to show correctly now?

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 AmazonAngry

@walloftruth said:
@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Not according to the majority of gamers so your opinion is in the minority.

Which means TLOU is the greatest game in gaming history according to majority of critics granting it more awards than any other game.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@Cobra_nVidia said:

Oh dear.

Every game past I believe 2009 should show the correct amount of game time. Ubisoft gameplay times can actually be hugely inflated by simply leaving uplay running after exiting the game.

Or the opposite, steam says I've only played 96 minutes of FC3 Blood Dragon, but I've definitely beat the game.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 RoboCopISJesus

@amazonangry said:

@walloftruth said:
@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Which means TLOU is the greatest game in gaming history according to majority of critics

but several games have higher scores. So this is not true.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 AmazonAngry

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

@walloftruth said:
@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Which means TLOU is the greatest game in gaming history according to majority of critics

still waiting on your steam library link.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 lostrib

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Why?

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 AmazonAngry

@lostrib said:

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Why?

Que?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

@walloftruth said:
@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Still waiting on your neck/jaw pic.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By AmazonAngry

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@amazonangry said:

@walloftruth said:
@Shielder7 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Still waiting on your neck/jaw pic.