The original voice actress for Bayonetta wants fans to boycott Bayonetta 3.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#201 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

lol still can't get over that nintendoboy thinks that someone whose second language is english, who for years on twitter was blocking people for asking stupid questions and being jerks to him on twitter, than makes a rule saying "i'm auto blocking all the english speakers, don't tweet at me in me english, or else I know you are dumb and im gonna block you" ...people continue to do that, and he blocks people. And Nintendoboy thinks thats racism.

It's so fucking entitled gamer shit lol. Tone police ass

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#202 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

I find it weird how the word entitled and racism is so frequently misused.🤷🏽‍♂️

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@jg4xchamp: I’m so tired of Karens trying to tell me what I should be offended by. That’s 100% not racism… It’s a social media app that allows users control over their feed. You are not entitled to be able to interact with someone that doesn’t wish to interact with you… At the same time, Twitter has their own TOS, and can ban folks for breaking their rules. So “freedom of speech” doesn’t apply there either.

I‘m so sick of people acting like they should be able to do whatever and say what ever on social media platforms that they didn’t create. It’s also ridiculous to call someone racist because they choose not to interact with non native speaking users. Twitch allows this… How is that racist?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#204 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@goldenelementxl said:

@jg4xchamp: I’m so tired of Karens trying to tell me what I should be offended by. That’s 100% not racism… It’s a social media app that allows users control over their feed. You are not entitled to be able to interact with someone that doesn’t wish to interact with you… At the same time, Twitter has their own TOS, and can ban folks for breaking their rules. So “freedom of speech” doesn’t apply there either.

I‘m so sick of people acting like they should be able to do whatever and say what ever on social media platforms that they didn’t create. It’s also ridiculous to call someone racist because they choose not to interact with non native speaking users. Twitch allows this… How is that racist?

Brah white people be handling their guilt in the stupidest way. Try mad hard to extra prove they not racist, and its like just chill. The rest of us can put two n two together aight. It's not complicated, racists aren't even like clever. They say dumb shit like "wow i see they are pandering to social justice types", pretty obvious.

Like i don't know, I CANT BELIEVE HE would call people names and block people after such nice people @ him.

Avatar image for blackacezero777
blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#205 blackacezero777
Member since 2021 • 353 Posts

@Jag85: With the part about Kamiya...Another day on Twitter, eh?

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#206 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

Instead of talking about Hellena Taylor and Bayonetta 3, we are going off-topic and talking about racism?

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#207  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7270 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@judaspete said:

I hope this all didn't come down to a misunderstanding or mistranslation.

To be honest, this could be it. There have been situations before where a meeting between Japanese and English speakers didn't go down well because the interpreter miscommunicated something. I remember a story like that back in the OG Xbox days when MS went to Japan and lost some contract over a miscommunication (forgot which dev it was with).

@SolidGame_basic said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-10-18/bayonetta-3-voice-actor-s-pay-dispute-overshadows-nintendo-game

In the case of Bayonetta 3, the developer appeared to be determined to rehire Taylor, according to two people familiar with the negotiations as well as documentation reviewed by Bloomberg. Here’s where their accounts differ: Platinum Games sought to hire Taylor for at least five sessions, each paying $3,000 to $4,000 for four hours in the studio, said the people, who asked not to be identified because they aren’t authorized to discuss private contract negotiations. That would make the total for the game at least $15,000. In response, they said, Taylor asked for a six-figure sum as well as residuals on the game. Platinum declined and, following lengthy negotiations, took auditions for a new actor. Platinum later offered Taylor a cameo in the game for the fee of one session, which she turned down, the people said.

It seems really implausible, but if Hellena thought they we negotiating the full payment, while Platinum thought they were setting a per session price, all the different numbers being thrown around actually add up. She did say she had a friend translate a note for her, and who knows how fluent this person actually is.

I don't know. That seems kinda far fetched. But everyone's actions would actually make sense in this scenario.

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#208  Edited By st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1454 Posts

@judaspete:

Well, that is one possibility, but according to Bloomberg, they've been negotiating for a long time, so if there was such a translation error, it is likely that someone would have noticed it along the way.

I find Yong Yea's speculation on it interesting: according to Bloomberg, Platinum also offered Hellena a cameo role in the game after she turned down the lead role. And the offer is said to be a one-time session of about $3,000 to $4,000.

Yong Yea speculates that Hellena may have been referring to the second offer for her cameo role as "a flat $4,000 for the game" and not the original offer for the lead role, which is said to be at least $15,000. If this is the case, she may not be lying entirely, but she may be telling only some of the facts without giving the whole story. Well, we don't know the whole story yet either, but I guess it is one of the possibilities.

Loading Video...

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#209  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34605 Posts
@onesiphorus said:

Instead of talking about Hellena Taylor and Bayonetta 3, we are going off-topic and talking about racism?

Well, someone called Kamiya, the maker of Bayonetta, a racist. And that was weird. So I'd say it's pretty natural to talk a bit about that.

And there isn't much more to talk about before we get to know the real story. Sounds like Hellena is desperate and resorted to lying. That's about what we know so far.