The official MW3 thread. The new trailer blasts BF3 all the way to the milky way

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#151 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="SHATT3R3D-GLASS"]

Too early, and most importantly too lame of a thread for the biggest game of all time.

Funky_Connor

The hype for MW3 is low compared to MW2 dude. MW2 was crazy. This is nothing.

The way the dude praises the COD franchise makes him sound like an Activsion employee at times.

Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

[QUOTE="Deadbeatcobra"]

[QUOTE="super600"]

Justine Calvert said that GS doesn't accept bribes.

super600

thats a very convincing lie...

This is word for word of what he said in an article that was talking about the COD BO review event

You know what would be even classier? Refusing to attend these review junkets in the first place. At GameSpot we have a strict policy of never attending review events. If more outlets would follow suit, maybe publishers would stop doing them and just send out code in a more timely fashion.

Yes, our Black Ops review was posted some 21 hours or so after the embargo as a result of our decision (our upcoming Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit review will be late for the same reason), but we prefer to review games on our own terms.

meh after that whole kyne and lynch fiasco a couple a years ago I stopped taking GS reviews seriously. They might have a couple deals going on or maybe they're actually reviewing games honestly...

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 super600  Moderator

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="Deadbeatcobra"] thats a very convincing lie...

Deadbeatcobra

This is word for word of what he said in an article that was talking about the COD BO review event

You know what would be even classier? Refusing to attend these review junkets in the first place. At GameSpot we have a strict policy of never attending review events. If more outlets would follow suit, maybe publishers would stop doing them and just send out code in a more timely fashion.

Yes, our Black Ops review was posted some 21 hours or so after the embargo as a result of our decision (our upcoming Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit review will be late for the same reason), but we prefer to review games on our own terms.

meh after that whole kyne and lynch fiasco a couple a years ago I stopped taking GS reviews seriously. They might have a couple deals going on or maybe they're actually reviewing games honestly...

I think there reviewing games honestly.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 super600  Moderator

This thread has been updated with Method's PC hardware info for this game.

Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts
This is the first CoD game since CoD 2 I'm more excited about the single player that multiplayer. I really like the modern warfare story line for some reason. Or at least the sequence of events, story might be too strong a word. Anyway, I'm feeling AA for this one.
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

So we will be occupying Wall Street?

Sold.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#157 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

Most Likely AAA, Not Going To Get It but Thats my Prediction

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#158 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
Quite possibly AAAA. I'm looking forward to this game.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

MW2 got a 9 with a crap single player and crap mp god was that thing a mess. So they dont even have to try to get AAA for this game.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#160 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I just want to play the single-player campaign, and some spec-ops. That is all. I've purchased every single COD game at budget price and the Multiplayer is all the same except for COD4 being the better and the best of the modern series. It will score a 9.0 but for me.. more or less.. 8.5-9.
brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#161 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

My prediction CoD:MW 3 will score on GS a 9.5 and BF3 will score aprox the same.Both will be Great games and hopefully will sell great for both Xbox 360 and PS3.Also does anyone here know how many MP maps will be available for both games[in game and DLC].Thanks for any info inadvance.

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts

My prediction CoD:MW 3 will score on GS a 9.5 and BF3 will score aprox the same.Both will be Great games and hopefully will sell great for both Xbox 360 and PS3.Also does anyone here know how many MP maps will be available for both games[in game and DLC].Thanks for any info inadvance.

brimmul777
16 MW3 maps on release. BF3 will have 9 maps and 4 DLC maps after a month.
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

Whether people like it or not, Infinity Ward and Sledge Hammer made many changes to the multiplayer. On paper, the changes sound like it makes the game better.

I'm looking forward to MW3 scoring high to shut people up lol. Then again, COD haters will say Activision bought out reviwers. Well guess what world? Companies do that. $800 swag bags from Microsoft? Flying reviewers out to resorts to play a game? All happened before from publishers that aren't Activision.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

brimmul777

My prediction is BF3 will score 9.0 on PC and 8.5 on consoles. MW3 will score 9.0 on all platforms. If DICE addressed the changes correctly, then BF3 can score 9.0 on consoles. I'm not sure about that yet.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts
AAA, the reviewer will have enjoyed his spa weekend.
The_Pacific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 The_Pacific
Member since 2011 • 1804 Posts
AAA just like the others. Even though I think this will be the last AAA they get. (fatigue and such)
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

8.0. Sites will just begin to lose their credibility if they continue to ravish this lackluster franchise.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Looking forward to this.
Atleast it has a campaign that doesn't put me to sleep.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

Also,here's another trailer.
http://gamingeverything.com/10863/modern-warfare-3-launch-trailer/

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
GS will rate this 8.5 because they feel they have to. Looks like the best COD yet.
BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts
i read some previews and consistently its been knocked for being the same as the previous games (not a shock) and that the game felt like a dlc update to modern warfare 2. i have the game on pre- order but i'm not expecting much that couldnt have been done as an update to modern warfare 2 with the new features being introduced.( outside of the story). if they could also update mw2 with any new guns/perks/maps and the gun leveling, i'd be happy with that rather shelling out for mw3. thats how i honestly feel after seeing mw2 jump after mw(not much).
el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

GS has been getting picky this year. It will probably score lower than 9.0

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#173 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Whether people like it or not, Infinity Ward and Sledge Hammer made many changes to the multiplayer. On paper, the changes sound like it makes the game better.

I'm looking forward to MW3 scoring high to shut people up lol. Then again, COD haters will say Activision bought out reviwers. Well guess what world? Companies do that. $800 swag bags from Microsoft? Flying reviewers out to resorts to play a game? All happened before from publishers that aren't Activision.

TREAL_Since

That'll just add fuel to the fire, i'm surprised that you think this game getting a high score (like everyone knows it will due to Activision) will lessen the hate.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#174 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

GS will rate this 8.5 because they feel they have to. Looks like the best COD yet.SaltyMeatballs

thing is they've done it to Forza and a few others, would be weird if CoD didnt get the same treatment and then again this board would explode.

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

So much hate....people whine whine whine saying they dont change much but they dont want to admit alot has changed in the game. They are just so obsessed with hate they will support anything that goes against COD.

Let me tell you something. PEOPLE....DO....NOT...WANT....BIG....CHANGES. Should they update the engine yes I will give you that and only that. But the fans want to play the game they loved and if you dont like it this game is not for you

Infinity Ward is not bioware, they dont abandon their fanbase to make their games target different crowds(DA2, ME2)

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#176 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

GS will rate this 8.5 because they feel they have to. Looks like the best COD yet.SaltyMeatballs

I think they will rate it a 7.5.. im 90% sure it wont touch an 8 but if they do i'll be surprised and it will be even more reason how reviewers in GS dont know how to review. if they say Disgaea is same as last year when there was no Disgaea last year then if MW3 dosent get that bad comment on it i'll.. well not sure :P.. just show even more how terrible GS is. at the end of the day im picking this baby up day 1. love CoD games

fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 fusionhunter
Member since 2008 • 2009 Posts

So much hate....people whine whine whine saying they dont change much but they dont want to admit alot has changed in the game. They are just so obsessed with hate they will support anything that goes against COD.

Let me tell you something. PEOPLE....DO....NOT...WANT....BIG....CHANGES. Should they update the engine yes I will give you that and only that. But the fans want to play the game they loved and if you dont like it this game is not for you

Infinity Ward is not bioware, they dont abandon their fanbase to make their games target different crowds(DA2, ME2)

fueled-system

IW and Treyarch abandoned PC.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 alexside1
Member since 2006 • 4412 Posts

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

fusionhunter

He said fanbase not platform.
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 fusionhunter

[QUOTE="fusionhunter"]

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

alexside1

PC fanbase -_-

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#180 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

fueled-system

I thought Infinity Ward was dead, didn't a large portion of the people working there leave ? And there's hate well justified, for example with the PC version of MW3, only unranked matches can be played on dedicated servers, meaning their close to useless, and you'll need to use the matchmaking system to progress. Why even add a half assed dedicated server support in the first place.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 alexside1

[QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="fusionhunter"]IW and Treyarch abandoned PC.

fusionhunter

PC fanbase -_-

Robert Bowling, Community Manager at Infinity Ward stated, "We pulled some disturbing numbers this past week about the amount of PC players currently playing Multiplayer....What wasn't fantastic was the percentage of those numbers who were playing on stolen copies of the game on stolen/cracked CD keys of pirated copies." That's quote is from 2008 a year after the game has been release.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
'This game is all new' Sure is 2007 in here.
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 fusionhunter

[QUOTE="fusionhunter"]

[QUOTE="alexside1"] He said fanbase not platform.alexside1

PC fanbase -_-

Robert Bowling, Community Manager at Infinity Ward stated, "We pulled some disturbing numbers this past week about the amount of PC players currently playing Multiplayer....What wasn't fantastic was the percentage of those numbers who were playing on stolen copies of the game on stolen/cracked CD keys of pirated copies." That's quote is from 2008 a year after the game has been release.

That doesn't exactly prove anything. I also believe that was possibly about COD4. They screwed over PC players when MW2 came out. Even look at when Black Ops came. The online for PC didn't even work.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 alexside1

[QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="fusionhunter"]PC fanbase -_-

fusionhunter

That doesn't exactly prove anything. I also believe that was possibly about COD4. They screwed over PC players when MW2 came out. Even look at when Black Ops came. The online for PC didn't even work.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the piracy on the pc effected their decisions when making for the pc. Instead of addressing the problem they condone it.
fusionhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 fusionhunter

[QUOTE="fusionhunter"]

[QUOTE="alexside1"] Robert Bowling, Community Manager at Infinity Ward stated, "We pulled some disturbing numbers this past week about the amount of PC players currently playing Multiplayer....What wasn't fantastic was the percentage of those numbers who were playing on stolen copies of the game on stolen/cracked CD keys of pirated copies." That's quote is from 2008 a year after the game has been release.alexside1

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the piracy on the pc effected their decisions when making for the pc. Instead of addressing the problem they condone it.

But all of a sudden they bring back all the support and features for MW3 just for no reason at all. They were lazy and now they're just trying to get back PC players.

alexside1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 alexside1

[QUOTE="alexside1"][QUOTE="fusionhunter"]That doesn't exactly prove anything. I also believe that was possibly about COD4. They screwed over PC players when MW2 came out. Even look at when Black Ops came. The online for PC didn't even work.

fusionhunter

But all of a sudden they bring back all the support and features for MW3 just for no reason at all. They were lazy and now they're just trying to get back PC players.

No, it's the result of the negative backslash from pc gamers. Damn if they do, damn if they don't.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

[QUOTE="fueled-system"]

Lucianu

I thought Infinity Ward was dead, didn't a large portion of the people working there leave ? And there's hate well justified, for example with the PC version of MW3, only unranked matches can be played on dedicated servers, meaning their close to useless, and you'll need to use the matchmaking system to progress. Why even add a half assed dedicated server support in the first place.

same could be said for DICE and the console fanbase both are wrong though and I agree

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Personally I think the game looks great, hyping at AAA. I skip Treyarch versions so I get my dose every couple of years of MW.

I think it's a decent upgrade and is wise to keep very similar mechanics.

No one complains that Mario Kart 7 is essentially the same thing with some small changes ...

ActionRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ActionRemix
Member since 2011 • 5640 Posts
Is it just me or does everything look...brown?
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]GS will rate this 8.5 because they feel they have to. Looks like the best COD yet.razgriz_101

thing is they've done it to Forza and a few others, would be weird if CoD didnt get the same treatment and then again this board would explode.

Exactly, Infamous 2, Forza 4, all big games, probably another I have forgotten. They will do the same to MW3 probably.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 super600  Moderator

The new MW3 launch trailer has been added. Is there a weapon list pic for this game yet anyway?More info will be added for this game later.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#192 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
Knowing GS I voted aaa (9.0). And I wouldn't be surprised if BF3 received the same.