The Official Gran Turismo 5 Hype Thread (56k) - UPDATE v1.05 OUT NOW!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#301 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Just popping in to say really, really nice looking hype thread, Rikusaki! And the game doesn't look that bad either... :P

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#302 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Added a hype generator.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 Rikusaki

Just popping in to say really, really nice looking hype thread, Rikusaki! And the game doesn't look that bad either... :P

santoron

Thanks. :)

I thank you all for the nice comments. This is only the beginning! 83 days to go!

Avatar image for VideoGameRosado
VideoGameRosado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#304 VideoGameRosado
Member since 2003 • 1264 Posts

[QUOTE="rawr89"]

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-confusion-over-standard-car-interiors

it's an email response from SCEA, not Polyphony. and yes, it's been on gtplanet.

the fact is, people won't believe it unless they hear it right from Yamauchi's mouth. that's like saying Nintendo confirming a feature for Zelda, but not from Miyamoto's mouth. same thing.

zero_snake99

Have you read ANYTHING I've posted in this thread? That's been debunked.

That link isn't legit. Yes, PSXtreme is a good site but their info is from "iGameRepot" in which THEY aren't legit. GTPlanet has discussed this several times. That source doesn't say who the e-mail is from, and in fact uses a user quote STRAIGHT FROM GTPLANET!

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=936#post3909227

The IGameRepot link doesn't even exist anymore because they took it down.

GAAAH! I know wtf I'm talking about!

If you check this thread you'll see that the only people that confirm it is the IronStar guys. I love those guys to death, but I'd take PD's official word over Wipou7's. Maybe someone told him the wrong info, because I KNOW he wouldn't lie. Expect no cockpits unless they make a generic cockpit and announce those at Gamescom.

zero_snake99

THAT IS FAR FROM CONFIRMED.

Nah there's NO WAY cockpit views are only for premium cars. GT5p has 76 cars, and all 76 cars have fully detailed cockpit views. Out of those 76 cars, theres only like 20 - 40 cars that I would consider "premium". You have cars in GT5p like the Honda integra, Suzuki Cappuccino, Suzuki Swift, mini cooper, 350z, Golf GTI, etc that all have fully detailed interiors. I wouldn't, and neither would PD, consider an integra, or suzuki cappuccino a "premium" car. You see what I mean? If you played GT5p you would see that theres cars in that game that have 50 - 100hp. Would you consider that "premium" ? Let's be real, all 1000 cars WILL HAVE INTERIORS. I can promise you that.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

Nah there's NO WAY cockpit views are only for premium cars. GT5p has 76 cars, and all 76 cars have fully detailed cockpit views. Out of those 76 cars, theres only like 20 - 40 cars that I would consider "premium". You have cars in GT5p like the Honda integra, Suzuki Cappuccino, Suzuki Swift, mini cooper, 350z, Golf GTI, etc that all have fully detailed interiors. I wouldn't, and neither would PD, consider an integra, or suzuki cappuccino a "premium" car. You see what I mean? If you played GT5p you would see that theres cars in that game that have 50 - 100hp. Would you consider that "premium" ? Let's be real, all 1000 cars WILL HAVE INTERIORS. I can promise you that.

VideoGameRosado

"Premium" has got nothing to do with the type of car, it's used to describe how detailed the modelling is, hence why the Cappuchino is Premium and, say, the Lamborghini Diablo is Standard.

Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

[QUOTE="santoron"]

Rikusaki

I thank you all for the nice comments. This is only the beginning! 83 days to go!

Thanks for reminding me :|

[spoiler] :P [/spoiler]

---

^ I like this pic :D.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307 Rikusaki

I'm glad you like it. :)

More neat stuff is on the way.

VideoGameRosado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308 VideoGameRosado

[QUOTE="VideoGameRosado"]

BZSIN

"Premium" has got nothing to do with the type of car, it's used to describe how detailed the modelling is, hence why the Cappuchino is Premium and, say, the Lamborghini Diablo is Standard.

That could be true, but i'm just taking the logical approach. Think about it. Only 200 out of 1000 cars are considered "premium". Wouldn't Yamauchi want to spend those countless hours on super powered cars or his personal favorites such as the FordGT, GTR R35, Murcielago, F430 ? How I see it is like this: Yamauchi has selected 200 cars to make "premium". Why not make those 200 the best of the best? Cars that actually deserve the extra effort.

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

That could be true, but i'm just taking the logical approach. Think about it. Only 200 out of 1000 cars are considered "premium". Wouldn't Yamauchi want to spend those countless hours on super powered cars or his personal favorites such as the FordGT, GTR R35, Murcielago, F430 ? How I see it is like this: Yamauchi has selected 200 cars to make "premium". Why not make those 200 the best of the best? Cars that actually deserve the extra effort.

VideoGameRosado

Since the cars in Prologue are already modelled inside and out, it would make sense that those cars are used in GT5 and considered Premium, unless they're just going to scrap them, which would seem like a waste. The F430, Ford GT and GT-R are already in Prologue anyway, so they'll be in GT5 in all their glory, plus we've seen a lot of footage of other performance cars (including NASCAR and rally), so it's not as if most of the 200 will be made up of "crappy" cars.

PSGamerforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310 PSGamerforlife
Member since 2009 • 862 Posts

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

If you don't have this song in your custom playlist while playing GT5, you're doing it wrong. Talk about a notalgia trip.

TREAL_Since

Nice. GT has always had the best music in racers. The past year I've been on a search for music solely for my Gran Turismo 5 experience. This definitely makes that list.

By the time the game comes out I'll have over 1000 'perfect for racing' songs for GT5. One for every car? Maybe so!

Hows this?

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#311 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

VideoGameRosado

Look dude, I've thought about that as well. They'll have those 70+ cars in GT5 for sure. I thought about how if they only had 200 premium cars, that means they only created 130 more premium cars since prologue. I didn't believe it, because thats just a small amount progressed. Then I thought, "Wait, they have 800 standard cars as well. Those need to be remodeled for higher polys, re-textured and also re-recorded." Not to mention model new tracks and what not. They have a lot on their plate to do. It would be unreasonable to model every car's dash. If they did pull it off, I'd have to change my pants because I would have found my favorite developer ever.
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

If you don't have this song in your custom playlist while playing GT5, you're doing it wrong. Talk about a notalgia trip.

PSGamerforlife

Nice. GT has always had the best music in racers. The past year I've been on a search for music solely for my Gran Turismo 5 experience. This definitely makes that list.

By the time the game comes out I'll have over 1000 'perfect for racing' songs for GT5. One for every car? Maybe so!

Hows this?

CIassic. That brings back memories too :). I'm gonna add that to my playlist.

FIipMode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#313 FIipMode
Member since 2009 • 10850 Posts
Its going to be a close running for best Hype thread in the SWA this year, no question.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#314 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Oh,Rikusaki, I just thought, could you include a countdown timer at all? Would that work?

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

What I want to know is if PD has all 200 cars full modeled already, or do they plan to have that many buy launch date? I remember the number was 170 when they talked about the game in December. I am just wondering why they wont keep modeling as many cars as they can before release date...maybe they are over their budget, who knows.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316 zero_snake99

What I want to know is if PD has all 200 cars full modeled already, or do they plan to have that many buy launch date? I remember the number was 170 when they talked about the game in December. I am just wondering why they wont keep modeling as many cars as they can before release date...maybe they are over their budget, who knows.

Kahuna_1
There is no way they are over budget. They made a lot of money with Prologue. Also, I'm sure they are still making cars, just as they are still making tracks. We've been told the numbers aren't set in stone. The "1000 cars" and "70 tracks" is a sign saying there is ATLEAST that much... they dont want to say "100 tracks" and not get all of them done.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317 Rikusaki

Oh,Rikusaki, I just thought, could you include a countdown timer at all? Would that work?

_Matt_
Yeah, but I'm very picky. I can't find one that would look good with my layout.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 inggrish

[QUOTE="_Matt_"]

Rikusaki

Yeah, but I'm very picky. I can't find one that would look good with my layout.

Haha thats a real shame :(

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
Can't wait haha :D
MrFamBoyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 MrFamBoyLOL
Member since 2010 • 127 Posts

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]

[QUOTE="rawr89"]

Have you read ANYTHING I've posted in this thread? That's been debunked.

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]

That link isn't legit. Yes, PSXtreme is a good site but their info is from "iGameRepot" in which THEY aren't legit. GTPlanet has discussed this several times. That source doesn't say who the e-mail is from, and in fact uses a user quote STRAIGHT FROM GTPLANET!

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=936#post3909227

The IGameRepot link doesn't even exist anymore because they took it down.

GAAAH! I know wtf I'm talking about!

If you check this thread you'll see that the only people that confirm it is the IronStar guys. I love those guys to death, but I'd take PD's official word over Wipou7's. Maybe someone told him the wrong info, because I KNOW he wouldn't lie. Expect no cockpits unless they make a generic cockpit and announce those at Gamescom.

Thats why the official GT website announced that Premium cars will only have cockpit view while standards dont?? Wow seriously Gran Turismo fanboys are worst, makes me ashame I also like this franchise.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

zero_snake99

Look dude, I've thought about that as well. They'll have those 70+ cars in GT5 for sure. I thought about how if they only had 200 premium cars, that means they only created 130 more premium cars since prologue. I didn't believe it, because thats just a small amount progressed. Then I thought, "Wait, they have 800 standard cars as well. Those need to be remodeled for higher polys, re-textured and also re-recorded." Not to mention model new tracks and what not. They have a lot on their plate to do. It would be unreasonable to model every car's dash. If they did pull it off, I'd have to change my pants because I would have found my favorite developer ever.

I still think all cars will have generic manufacturers interior. You think "hey 700+ cars are a lot to model". but honestly it really isn't considering a 87, 88, and 89 Civic are all considered different cars and they all have the same interior. Same with the 45 Skylines that are in the game. Same with the 8 Corvettes in the game. You see my point? Overall this game probably has around 500-600 "different" cars and I personally wouldn't mind if all 50-60's Corvettes had the same interior or all Civics before 2005 have the same interior etc. Shouldn't take much time to copy and edit the basics of it.

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
[QUOTE="MrFamBoyLOL"][QUOTE="VideoGameRosado"]

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]

Thats why the official GT website announced that Premium cars will only have cockpit view while standards dont?? Wow seriously Gran Turismo fanboys are worst, makes me ashame I also like this franchise.

I thought that was just a translation mistake. Not sure tho.
MrFamBoyLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 MrFamBoyLOL
Member since 2010 • 127 Posts

[QUOTE="MrFamBoyLOL"][QUOTE="VideoGameRosado"] Nah there's NO WAY cockpit views are only for premium cars. GT5p has 76 cars, and all 76 cars have fully detailed cockpit views. Out of those 76 cars, theres only like 20 - 40 cars that I would consider "premium". You have cars in GT5p like the Honda integra, Suzuki Cappuccino, Suzuki Swift, mini cooper, 350z, Golf GTI, etc that all have fully detailed interiors. I wouldn't, and neither would PD, consider an integra, or suzuki cappuccino a "premium" car. You see what I mean? If you played GT5p you would see that theres cars in that game that have 50 - 100hp. Would you consider that "premium" ? Let's be real, all 1000 cars WILL HAVE INTERIORS. I can promise you that.chaplainDMK

I thought that was just a translation mistake. Not sure tho.

Hate to say it but thats just wishful thinking.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324 Rikusaki

A new visual update is now up.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325 inggrish

Rikusaki

Whats different? I cant see any change? :?

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326 zero_snake99

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]

MrFamBoyLOL

Why be ashamed when their premium models are the best in the industry? You may say "Forza 3 has fully modeled cars" but the fact is that GT5 development started with 50 people, and is now up to 110 members, while Turn 10 is at around 300 people working on the games.

I still think PD is one of the best devs in existance.

Also, nice new graphic for the tire physics image Rikusaki =D!

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Rikusaki

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

_Matt_

Whats different? I cant see any change? :?

I just did some more stuff. They are subtle changes, but I did a lot of them.
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

@2:24 Are the cars coated in thermite or what?

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Rikusaki

@2:24 Are the cars coated in thermite or what?

windsquid9000
Haha. That's weird. Hopefully they will change that.
rawr89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330 rawr89
Member since 2010 • 1746 Posts

God, why can't people see that "*Standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views" meant to say that you can't look insidethe car.

you guys do know that in GT5 they will feature something like that of the Forza demo from E3 this year? the one where you can look at the car's headlights, interior, muffler, tires, etc.?

with GT5 it meant you can only do those things in the premium cars. and by that statement in might even tell us that you can view the standard car models, but not their interior. which menas you can still look at the headlights, tires, etc. up-close. but with premium you can look at everything.

VideoGameRosado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331 VideoGameRosado
[QUOTE="zero_snake99"][QUOTE="VideoGameRosado"]

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

it says "Standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views." Interior view =/= Cockpit view according to the pictures on GT.com, it seems as if Premium cars allow you to view every nook and cranny of the "interior". Sort of like a "photo mode" where you can free roam inside the car and take pictures. From my point of view, I think thats EXACTLY what they mean when they say "Standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views." 800+ cars will NOT support this sort of interior camera/free roam interior as the premiums, but still retain the basic, cockpit view. There still isn't enough solid, 100% fact proof that 800+ cars will NOT have cockpit driving views. My theories prove otherwise.
VideoGameRosado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332 VideoGameRosado

God, why can't people see that "*Standard cars do not support vehicle interior camera views" meant to say that you can't look insidethe car.

you guys do know that in GT5 they will feature something like that of the Forza demo from E3 this year? the one where you can look at the car's headlights, interior, muffler, tires, etc.?

with GT5 it meant you can only do those things in the premium cars. and by that statement in might even tell us that you can view the standard car models, but not their interior. which menas you can still look at the headlights, tires, etc. up-close. but with premium you can look at everything.

rawr89
thats EXACTLY what I'm saying!
rawr89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333 rawr89

[QUOTE="rawr89"]

VideoGameRosado

i think it was because they didnt confirm that feature when they released the info. so people mistook it as the cockpit view. psh.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 zero_snake99

[QUOTE="VideoGameRosado"][QUOTE="rawr89"]

rawr89

i think it was because they didnt confirm that feature when they released the info. so people mistook it as the cockpit view. psh.

You don't think I considered theat? :S... I said that exact same thing a few months back.
rawr89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 rawr89

You don't think I considered theat? :S... I said that exact same thing a few months back.zero_snake99

oh here is zero_snake again, the GT5 hater. :roll:

let's jsut wait 'til the release date so that you can eat your words. if youve even played the GT on PSP, the standard cars had cockpit views. why would the bigger game, GT5, not have the same thing?

oh, i guess, youve said the same thing a few months back too? :roll:

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#336 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20147 Posts

Nice new GT5 preview from G4.

TREAL_Since
Did she say November 5th? i thought it was 2nd?
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337 Rikusaki

if youve even played the GT on PSP, the standard cars had cockpit views. why would the bigger game, GT5, not have the same thing?

rawr89

Hmm. Good point.

But the interiors of the cars in GT PSP had absolutely no detail at all.

rawr89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338 rawr89

Hmm. Good point.

Rikusaki

but that's not saying GT5 won'thave cockpit view. it just means the standard cars wont have a detailed one.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339 windsquid9000

[QUOTE="rawr89"]

if youve even played the GT on PSP, the standard cars had cockpit views. why would the bigger game, GT5, not have the same thing?

Rikusaki

Hmm. Good point.

And I don't believe cars were categorized as premium or standard..
rawr89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340 rawr89

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

[QUOTE="rawr89"]

windsquid9000

Hmm. Good point.

And I don't believe cars were categorized as premium or standard..

yes, but those cars that had cockpit views in GT PSP are going to be standard cars in GT5. get it now?

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341 zero_snake99
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

Nice new GT5 preview from G4.

Zero_epyon
Did she say November 5th? i thought it was 2nd?

It is Nov. 2nd. Nobody seems to be getting it right.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342 Rikusaki
[QUOTE="zero_snake99"] It is Nov. 2nd. Nobody seems to be getting it right.

I don't see how anyone could get it wrong. It's on the front page of the official Gran Turismo website. :?
zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343 zero_snake99
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"][QUOTE="zero_snake99"] It is Nov. 2nd. Nobody seems to be getting it right.

I don't see how anyone could get it wrong. It's on the front page of the official Gran Turismo website. :?

It was also in the trailer... >_>...
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Rikusaki

Visual update.

Added smoke in the title image. The smoke was drawn by hand with the brush tool. :)

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
Very nice thread Rikusaki. I don't see how a game of this magnitude and feature-packed content can score anything less than AAA here on GS (or anywhere else, for that matter). The sheer scale of the game alone justifies the cost multiple times over.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346 Rikusaki

Very nice thread Rikusaki. I don't see how a game of this magnitude and feature-packed content can score anything less than AAA here on GS (or anywhere else, for that matter). The sheer scale of the game alone justifies the cost multiple times over.Brainhunter

With this much content and features in one game, the only thing that can hold it back is execution and presentation. And knowing Polyphony, they are second to none when it comes to presentation and feel.

This game will be flawless. I'm hyping 9.5+.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347 windsquid9000

Visual update.

Added smoke in the title image. The smoke was drawn by hand with the brush tool. :)

Rikusaki
It would be nice to at least have a little artistic talent. I can barely draw a stick figure :cry:
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 Rikusaki

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

Visual update.

windsquid9000

It would be nice to at least have a little artistic talent. I can barely draw a stick figure :cry:

Haha. It's okay. :) Everyone is good at something! Your sig and avatar are very neat by the way. :)

EDIT: Oh, you changed it back! :P

EDIT 2: Nevermind! :o

EDIT 3: What is going on? It keeps changing back and forth!

ratchet_usa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349 ratchet_usa
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

GOTY 2010.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 windsquid9000

[QUOTE="windsquid9000"][QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

Visual update.

Rikusaki

Haha. It's okay. :) Everyone is good at something! Your sig and avatar are very neat by the way. :)

EDIT: Oh, you changed it back! :P

EDIT 2: Nevermind! :o

I have 6 avatars and 2 sigs on a rotator. :P