The Official Gran Turismo 5 Hype Thread (56k) - UPDATE v1.05 OUT NOW!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#251 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20150 Posts
I too started with the original GT. I thought it was boring when I first started, but realized that TUNING and not just driving the cars is where it was at. I'm glad my brother bought that game, because that's what got me into cars and GT into the first place.zero_snake99
Indeed. I started with three and my brother played the beginning of it. We then started working on the Licenses. The Licenses were very helpful and got me into the game. Then once we had enough cash to buy parts for our cars I was hooked. Then I got the Escudo...
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#252 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

If you don't have this song in your custom playlist while playing GT5, you're doing it wrong. Talk about a notalgia trip.

BZSIN

My brother for no apparent reason was playing GT1 last week, I was passing by his room and I heard that song playing in the background ... I had to take 10 minutes to sit there and watch him play, it was a nostalgic trip for sure.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#253 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

[QUOTE="Snugenz"]

[QUOTE="Zero_epyon"]

Agreed! GT3 was my first too. This was my crowned achievement:

Got it up to 1200 hp and went 300 MPH on test course.

bleehum

Pfft and you call yourselves fans, i started with GT *flexes* and have had every GT since (not the prologues though) :P

But yeah that thing was an untamable beast, but in a straight line it was unbeatable.

I also started on the first GT. If you tuned the escudo pikes peak just right, you could get it to do a wheelie. :lol:

Here's video footage, ha I still remember my friend coming over and showing me for the first time.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#254 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Thanks for keeping this thread alive, guys. :)

I'd like to keep this thread within the top five pages of this board until about halfway through October.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#255 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

If you don't have this song in your custom playlist while playing GT5, you're doing it wrong. Talk about a notalgia trip.

BZSIN
Holy crap, that brought back a rush of memories :lol:
windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#256 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

This game alone is tempting me to buy a PS3, but I don't like idea of spending $300 on a system, then $60 for each game on top of the 3~5 other systems I'm already supporting. :(

btw, I'm hyping 9.5 ~ 10 (voted AAAA)

Aboogie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Aboogie5
Member since 2008 • 1118 Posts

This looks like its worth more than $60!!

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

It's never too late to start! :)DanteSuikoden

What Stigusaki said. If you end up really getting into it, invest in a wheel which will enhance the experience ten-fold.

HOw much do the decent ones cost?

Logitech's Driving Force GT is pretty good for about $130, but if you want an H-shifter and clutch it'll run you a bit more. I'm not too familiar with the cheaper wheels, though.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

Logitech's Driving Force GT is pretty good for about $130, but if you want an H-shifter and clutch it'll run you a bit more. I'm not too familiar with the cheaper wheels, though.

asylumni

GamerProDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 GamerProDude
Member since 2010 • 162 Posts
Will the mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo be in GT5? The one from the first GT that went up to like 1001hp. Beast car. It would own to own it again.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 Rikusaki
Will the mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo be in GT5? The one from the first GT that went up to like 1001hp. Beast car. It would own to own it again. GamerProDude
All cars from previous GT games will be in GT5. Every single one of them.
GamerProDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 GamerProDude
Member since 2010 • 162 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerProDude"]Will the mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo be in GT5? The one from the first GT that went up to like 1001hp. Beast car. It would own to own it again. Rikusaki
All cars from previous GT games will be in GT5. Every single one of them.

Haha, that's to much win and awesome together. Don't know if it's even possible. :D Do we know anything about how "good" the online is?
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Rikusaki

Do we know anything about how "good" the online is?GamerProDude

Not yet.

Here are a couple screenshots of the online lobby.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

I wonder if its just coincidence that GT5 and Reach hype polls have proportionately the same results. That is to say, not matching by exact same numbers, but the number of AAAA votes in both is roughly half the AAA vote counts in each case.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 Rikusaki

I wonder if its just coincidence that GT5 and Reach hype polls have proportionately the same results. That is to say, not matching by exact same numbers, but the number of AAAA votes in both is roughly half the AAA vote counts in each case.

AdobeArtist
Halo and Gran Turismo are very similar in that respect. These are massive games. Expect massive hype.
shinrabanshou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 shinrabanshou
Member since 2009 • 8458 Posts

AdobeArtist

It probably is a coincidence...

Although I'd be curious about what you're implying.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

Nice new GT5 preview from G4.

bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#268 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

I skipped to page 14 because I'm not reading 500 posts, but wasn't interior views confirmed on all cars even the standard models just at a much lower detail than the premium models? I believe this was confirmed MANY times.

windsquid9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 windsquid9000
Member since 2009 • 3206 Posts

I skipped to page 14 because I'm not reading 500 posts, but wasn't interior views confirmed on all cars even the standard models just at a much lower detail than the premium models? I believe this was confirmed MANY times.

bigblunt537
I believe that not only are they of a lower detail, but they're generalized as well.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

BZSIN

Haha as a kid I loved the part with the Tie Fighter :P

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts
[QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

windsquid9000
I believe that not only are they of a lower detail, but they're generalized as well.

Neither PD nor Sony confirmed cockpits for standard cars. We'll have to wait and see.
bigblunt537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#272 bigblunt537
Member since 2003 • 6907 Posts

[QUOTE="windsquid9000"][QUOTE="bigblunt537"]

zero_snake99

Neither PD nor Sony confirmed cockpits for standard cars. We'll have to wait and see.

Didn't Yamuachi? or whoever is the main developer of the game state all cars would have interiors when asked a few days after E3? And he replied with something like "Yes, of course a Mustang would have a Mustangs interior, but of lesser quality". Not his exact words, but that was what he was saying. Premium cars were just known for their fully functional interior with the stitching being precise etc. He also made it seem like an 86 mustang and a 90's would have the same interior by the way he said it though, BUT I'm 99% sure it was reconfirmed several times. Sorry I don't have links and don't feel like digging up month old threads.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Zero_epyon

Funny Story:

So I was playing Forza 3 yesterday and I showed my wife to get an opinion of the visuals. She said it looks ok but it looks a bit cartoony. She then asked me "where's the one that looked real?"

She was referring to the GT5 demo that was released for the competition last year. it only shows that the average person is looking at how good the cars look as opposed to the scenery!

Bazooka_4ME

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 Bazooka_4ME
Member since 2008 • 2540 Posts
I say it's a 10. Probabaly the racing game this gen that will push its genre farther than its limits.
AnaleFaust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 AnaleFaust
Member since 2010 • 310 Posts

This hype thread is several years too early. :lol:

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Rikusaki

This hype thread is several years too early. :lol:

AnaleFaust

Not funny.

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

Fantastic thread for a Fantastic game. Hyped AAAA.

rawr89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 rawr89
Member since 2010 • 1746 Posts

Neither PD nor Sony confirmed cockpits for standard cars. We'll have to wait and see.zero_snake99

it's been confirmed by SCEA. SCE Worldwide Studios also confirmed karts and hybrids (accidentally).

EDIT: That's the thing. SCEA confirmed it but not Polyphony. but hey, i (personally) think that's enough. why would SCEA confirm something wronglyfor their biggest game yet?

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 zero_snake99

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]Neither PD nor Sony confirmed cockpits for standard cars. We'll have to wait and see.rawr89

it's been confirmed by SCEA. SCE Worldwide Studios also confirmed karts and hybrids (accidentally).

Care to link? I'm sure the folks at GTPlanet.net would love to see this "confirmation"...

FYI. Hybrids/Electrics has been known for a while. Karts has only been Mentioned by Yoshida (and French PSM used that as a source). So far no 100% confirmed reports on Karts or cockpits on standard.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
The hype is AAAE!
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Rikusaki
The hype is AAAE!abuabed
More specifically, 9.5. ;)
rawr89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 rawr89
Member since 2010 • 1746 Posts

[QUOTE="rawr89"]

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]Neither PD nor Sony confirmed cockpits for standard cars. We'll have to wait and see.zero_snake99

Care to link? I'm sure the folks at GTPlanet.net would love to see this "confirmation"...

FYI. Hybrids/Electrics has been known for a while. Karts has only been Mentioned by Yoshida (and French PSM used that as a source). So far no 100% confirmed reports on Karts or cockpits on standard.

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-confusion-over-standard-car-interiors

it's an email response from SCEA, not Polyphony. and yes, it's been on gtplanet.

the fact is, people won't believe it unless they hear it right from Yamauchi's mouth. that's like saying Nintendo confirming a feature for Zelda, but not from Miyamoto's mouth. same thing.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
This will be my 2nd GT purchase after close to a decade lol. The last GT I bought was GT3 and had a BLAST with my friends playing split-screen, for some reason I skipped GT4 but I sure as hell will not skip on this one. Im really interested to see what other secrets will be shown regarding GT5 at Gamescom.
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Has anything been said about car customization?

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

Will the mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo be in GT5? The one from the first GT that went up to like 1001hp. Beast car. It would own to own it again. GamerProDude

That thing was awesome. I always remember saving up the 80,000 CR to put the racing kit on it (a choice of either green or yellow). It handled like an absolute turd but it didn't matter since it'd blitz pretty much everything on the straights. I think it was known as the 3000GT in later games.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 zero_snake99

[QUOTE="zero_snake99"]

[QUOTE="rawr89"]

rawr89

http://www.gtplanet.net/more-confusion-over-standard-car-interiors

it's an email response from SCEA, not Polyphony. and yes, it's been on gtplanet.

the fact is, people won't believe it unless they hear it right from Yamauchi's mouth. that's like saying Nintendo confirming a feature for Zelda, but not from Miyamoto's mouth. same thing.

Have you read ANYTHING I've posted in this thread? That's been debunked.

That link isn't legit. Yes, PSXtreme is a good site but their info is from "iGameRepot" in which THEY aren't legit. GTPlanet has discussed this several times. That source doesn't say who the e-mail is from, and in fact uses a user quote STRAIGHT FROM GTPLANET!

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=95004&page=936#post3909227

The IGameRepot link doesn't even exist anymore because they took it down.

GAAAH! I know wtf I'm talking about!

If you check this thread you'll see that the only people that confirm it is the IronStar guys. I love those guys to death, but I'd take PD's official word over Wipou7's. Maybe someone told him the wrong info, because I KNOW he wouldn't lie. Expect no cockpits unless they make a generic cockpit and announce those at Gamescom.

zero_snake99

THAT IS FAR FROM CONFIRMED.

abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
[QUOTE="abuabed"]The hype is AAAE!Rikusaki
More specifically, 9.5. ;)

Yup, that's what I'm personally predicting 8)
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

I haven't bothered with a GT since 2. This one looks worthy.

Meowmixxvi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#289 Meowmixxvi
Member since 2008 • 2243 Posts
imma play it safe and hype it AAAAE :D. i've been waiting all my life!
NielsNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 NielsNL
Member since 2005 • 4346 Posts

Awesome game, awesome thread Rikusaki. AAA hype, but I would not be very surprised if it'd get a 10.

Day one buy.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts
imma play it safe and hype it AAAAE :D. i've been waiting all my life!Meowmixxvi
Yeah the game has been in development for a long time lol, AAAAE? It definitely has a shot but AAAE is pretty much on lockdown.
GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts

Just out of interest, what are your biggest concerns about this game?

I ask because, recently I've been thinking about a trailer which I believe was released around E3 time. After about 25 minutes of searching I cannot find the video, but specifically, there was a part of the trailer in which numerous classic American muscle cars tore past the screen. Instead of the growling and roaring engines which you would expect to hear, you instead experienced a sound which I suppose would be comparable to a sort of symphony of hair dryers.

After loading up FM3 earlier today, I did think to myself that the audio quality shone, particularly as I drove around in the R8 asit roared around the track- and I really started to worry slightly. I mean, PD are not going to have overlooked such an important aspect of the game are they? I am really hoping that they don't focus such detail souly on the premium cars, and neglect the other 800 or so... Is anybody else worried by this aspect of the game? It would be an epic shame if the game lacked in this area.

If anyone knows which video I am talking about then please post so I can share, I will carry on looking for a while and put it in with an edit.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmKkFdIh7Zw

I found the video, the bit I am talking about starts 23 seconds into the vid. I'll admit that I've never heard a Charger flying by at 80mph, but I'd seriously have thought that it would sound more lethal than that? Please somebody prove me wrong?

Foolio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#293 Foolio1
Member since 2003 • 7467 Posts

This is my most anticipate game this year. Possibly this gen, but I love racing games, so yeah :P

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 Rikusaki

GT5P Exhaust & Engine Sounds

Sounds much, much better than GT4, but still needs work.

Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
I think it's going to flop with a 8.5 honestly.
GnR-SLaSh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 GnR-SLaSh
Member since 2006 • 3021 Posts
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

Okay this has made me feel slightly better about it - having never owned Prologue I never got the chance to listen to the improvements since GT4...
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Zero_epyon

Rikusaki
I thought this was a audio only video with a high res screen hot of GT5P. Then the car moved and my jaw dropped a bit... I can't wait for this game...
Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Zero_epyon
I think it's going to flop with a 8.5 honestly.Sp4rtan_3
Really? How come you think so?
Episode_Eve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Episode_Eve
Member since 2004 • 16986 Posts

Just saw the updated OP and I can't wait for GamesCom :).

^ Also, that video you posted Riku was fun to watch (and listen to :P). It would be stupid if Polyphony simply carried the sounds from GT4 over to GT5 without recording new ones. I'd never expect it and would be disappointed if they did so. Even though that was GT5: Prologue, it sounded very good to me :).